Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
Woody19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Length of contract not displayed properly?

Hi, I just finished another season with the Canucks. After July 1, I noticed that my top rookie wasn't on my team anymore. This is very annoying, as he was 22 year old, had 3.5 stars current and 5 stars potential ratings. I finally found him on the Penguins' roster, who had signed him as a free agent.
I was 99% sure that he still had more than one year contract remaining, so I loaded an old save and there, on the roster screen, it said "2 years".
However, in the detailed contract description it says that he has signed with a Danish Team for the next season - from where the Penguins picked him up.
Anyway, I think the length of a contract displayed should actually say how long a Player is under contract with his actual Team, and shouldn't include a contract signed somewhere else. This is how I lost my best prospect without knowing he was actually becoming a RFA.
Apart from the fact that a top NHL prospect signs a Future contract with a Team in a small league in Europe, that is.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19 View Post
Hi, I just finished another season with the Canucks. After July 1, I noticed that my top rookie wasn't on my team anymore. This is very annoying, as he was 22 year old, had 3.5 stars current and 5 stars potential ratings. I finally found him on the Penguins' roster, who had signed him as a free agent.
I was 99% sure that he still had more than one year contract remaining, so I loaded an old save and there, on the roster screen, it said "2 years".
However, in the detailed contract description it says that he has signed with a Danish Team for the next season - from where the Penguins picked him up.
Anyway, I think the length of a contract displayed should actually say how long a Player is under contract with his actual Team, and shouldn't include a contract signed somewhere else. This is how I lost my best prospect without knowing he was actually becoming a RFA.
Apart from the fact that a top NHL prospect signs a Future contract with a Team in a small league in Europe, that is.
I'm still not sure I get what you're saying happened here. Are you saying a player you drafted left the Vancouver then somehow ended up on Pittsburgh?

If that's the case, you should have received an email telling you than an RFA offersheet had been submitted. It's possible you missed that.

If the prospect was still in Europe, well then some of the onus is on you. You can check the "Unsigned Draftees" tab that tells you when you lapse rights on players, and that's something you should be checking as well.

Things get a little more difficult with clubs in Europe though, because its if and when players decide they come to North America (not all prospects will). It's possible that this Prospect may have just timed the system correctly so that he was a Free Agent from and then chose to come to North America when he received the right opportunity. Frustrating, but can actually happen.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:58 AM   #3
Woody19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry, I'll try again:

The player has been in my organization the past three years, so he wasn't an unsigned draftee.
And I both checked the "Possilbe FA" tab and my roster Screen regarding expiring contracts. He didn't show up as a possible FA and it said he had two years of contract left. Only after opening the contract tab in the player's profile did it actually say that he has only one year left and had signed with the other Team for the upcoming season.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #4
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

I'm seeing the same thing (screen shot attached). I signed the player on June 26, 2019 to a 3 year contract and then on June 30 2021 you can see that the player becomes a free agent. He never showed up in the list of Possible FAs so I had no indication that he needed to be re-signed.

The second screen shot shows a similar type of thing for yet another player. I signed him on June 24, 2020 for 3 years and then on June 30 2021 he is signed by Rochester and then by the LA Kings.

I don't understand what is happening. Is the fact that these players are signed in late June counting that week between the signing and July 1 as a full year? If so I'd still expect that the players would show up as possible free agents in the year their contracts expire, but I don't see that happening in either of these cases.
Attached Images
Image Image 
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:07 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, the late June signing will count that small portion of a season as the first one (unless it's for a contract renewal, then it won't become active until the previous one expires at the end of the year.) The second one is a little odd, though - he shouldn't have been signable until July 1, 2021, so I'm not seeing how Rochester could've signed him a day early. My first guess would've been the nonplayable transactions system doing something strange, but that's not possible since the AHL is always playable. I'll have to do some checking of test saves to see if there's a specific situation that's letting that happen.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote