Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
Jordan
All Star Starter

Need feedback before starting with Spritze db

i wanted to ask a few questions of historical players before I started my league.

Here's what I want to do: Start a historical using one of Spritze's db's. i think i want to use his HS db from what I've read, but I have little experience using third part databases with this game before.

I also would like to start this in 1871, not using historical transactions. From what I've read thru searching the forums, I know I also probably shouldn't use minor leagues for a while if I'm starting at 1871. Potentially, I also would like to use Free Agency from the jump as well, but I wanted to hear from others if they've tried before, how it turned out.

Also, another question I have is about amateur drafts. When should I set the date? I've read that setting it in June screws with when people debut vs. setting it in November/December, etc.

My final question for now is about the use of Negro League/Nippon Players/Career minor leaguers as part of Spritze's db. Do they come in as part of the amateur draft or do I have to manually bring them in? And what about the career minor leaguers, how do they come in to play? I've bookmarked numerous threads on all these subjects but haven't had a chance to read all of them. My apologies if I'm asking questions answered in previous threads.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
i wanted to ask a few questions of historical players before I started my league.

Here's what I want to do: Start a historical using one of Spritze's db's. i think i want to use his HS db from what I've read, but I have little experience using third part databases with this game before.

I also would like to start this in 1871, not using historical transactions. From what I've read thru searching the forums, I know I also probably shouldn't use minor leagues for a while if I'm starting at 1871. Potentially, I also would like to use Free Agency from the jump as well, but I wanted to hear from others if they've tried before, how it turned out.

Also, another question I have is about amateur drafts. When should I set the date? I've read that setting it in June screws with when people debut vs. setting it in November/December, etc.

My final question for now is about the use of Negro League/Nippon Players/Career minor leaguers as part of Spritze's db. Do they come in as part of the amateur draft or do I have to manually bring them in? And what about the career minor leaguers, how do they come in to play? I've bookmarked numerous threads on all these subjects but haven't had a chance to read all of them. My apologies if I'm asking questions answered in previous threads.
I was using a Spritz DB for my 1871-2012 league. I am in 1908.
To use it from the start, when you create your historical league go to advanced options and navigate to where you saved this DB and select the Master.cvs. I don't think he has anyone different in 1871 then default DB but this saves you the trouble of copying & pasting the DB after league creation.
I use the PCL as of 1882 for my AAA. No lower levels. Have your draft after offseason starts. Mine is December 1st. I have a new league where players come in as FA but I have yet to reach the offseason in that league 1901 White Sox. I use reserve clause for both league. For my 1st historical league on 11 using Free Agency, Babe Ruth was making $500 k in 1920. He made I think 20K in 1924.
All non MLB players will either be part of the draft or FA's depending on how you have it set up. You do not need to do anything special for them to come in. I have Pop Warner and other Negro League players at my AAA team.
No player who hasn't played MLB, NAL, *** or PCL will come in. Players who played only in the minors are not part of any DB I have seen.

I recommend using the 18000 facegen pack unless you prefer photos. Gambos Early Parks and there is also an old time newspaper skin on ootpmods.com
I use a stadium pack called 115 parks. Look for it in stadiums under mods.
Here is what some of them look like. I prefer this since some early parks are black & white drwings are its hard to see some players.
I also recommend No Pepper's NA, AA & other pre 1900 uniform sets. compiled set after 1900. And I only use Justafan sets.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
The Game is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
My final question for now is about the use of Negro League/Nippon Players/Career minor leaguers as part of Spritze's db. Do they come in as part of the amateur draft YES or do I have to manually bring them in? And what about the career minor leaguers, how do they come in to play? Same way I've bookmarked numerous threads on all these subjects but haven't had a chance to read all of them. My apologies if I'm asking questions answered in previous threads.
There are about 18,000 players in the game by default and the Spritze db adds 11,000 more. It also adds 133,000 more player/years to the default.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
soxman
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I use a stadium pack called 115 parks. Look for it in stadiums under mods.
Sorry, can you provide a link for the stadium set as I can't seem to find it.

Cheers
soxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxman View Post
Sorry, can you provide a link for the stadium set as I can't seem to find it.

Cheers
I can't find it right now either and since I am getting ready to go watch Da Bears. I decided to just upload it myself for now.
here it is. I forgot who made this. click the timer when it reaches 0 the dl will be ready
Download All 115 MLB Ball Parks - New Layout.zip for free on uploading.com
The Game is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
soxman
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I can't find it right now either and since I am getting ready to go watch Da Bears. I decided to just upload it myself for now.
here it is. I forgot who made this. click the timer when it reaches 0 the dl will be ready
Download All 115 MLB Ball Parks - New Layout.zip for free on uploading.com
Many Thanks!
soxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
Jordan
All Star Starter

Thanks for all the help/suggestions.

Another thing, your thoughts on recalc? How should I go about using that?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Jordan
All Star Starter

bump for recalc query
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
bump for recalc query