Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 07-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
mbyrd75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Historical drafts question

I've run into a bit of an issue with the spritze DB for my historical sim. I started the league in 1998 but after simming out to see the draft pool I noticed its the 1999 draft pool and that the players drafted in 1998 were not on any current rosters. CC Sabathia, mark mulder, and many others were nowhere to be found instead it had the 1999 class with Hamilton and Pujols. Has anyone else seen this and is there a way to make sure there's no missing players?
mbyrd75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

OOTP has the 1999 draft after the 1998 World Series. (Nov 1) That is just how it rolls.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
mbyrd75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

i understand. What happens to guys like CC Sabathia? drafted in 1998 and isn't on the indians roster when i start the new league. Should i add those draftees manually?
Old 07-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Guy's like CC will never arrive if you've missed their draft class.

You can try importing those players 1 by 1 but it has been reported that may not always produce properly rated players.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
mbyrd75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

i see. I guess the question is how do I not miss their draft class? do i need to start a recalc league in the 70s and just im it up to there with the historical transactions on to be able to get the proper players in at the start of 1998?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

It is hard to jump into the middle of historical play. There will always be tradeoffs.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrd75 View Post
i see. I guess the question is how do I not miss their draft class? do i need to start a recalc league in the 70s and just im it up to there with the historical transactions on to be able to get the proper players in at the start of 1998?
Use the Spritz real debut or use the 13 DB as a backup when importing players if you use the draft DB. I started in 1999 and CC is 254-110 as of 2011, now playing for the Angels. (Never was Yankee).
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #8
mbyrd75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the help guys. What i ended up doing was just using baseball reference to find the guys from the 98 class that made the majors and imported them manually. Hopefully that solves any issues.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
TheComish
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How do you import individual players manually?
TheComish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
OGBL Commish
Bat Boy

using baseballreference.com you need to find the player ID. then go to either the FA list or the list all players section of your game and at the bottom there's an import historical player button. Just put the year of that player you want to import and that player ID and he'll be listed there. I use the FA pool cause it's usually smaller to sort through. you can put him directly into the draft pool or create him into the FA list and put him on a team from there. To find the player ID here's an example.

Here is Don Larsen's page on baseball reference. The player ID would be everything between the last slash and the dot. So larsedo01
Don Larsen Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
OGBL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
TheComish
Minors (Rookie Ball)

thanks ok I think I get it so Luke Appling would be applilu01
Luke Appling Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Is the URL bar the only place you can find the id?
TheComish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #12
OGBL Commish
Bat Boy

Thats the only place i've ever been able to find it and yeah that would be the ID for luke appling. You'd just have to go in and once you hit the import button you can pick what year of that player and if you want him in the FA or Draft pool

Last edited by OGBL Commish; 08-03-2012 at 04:29 PM.
OGBL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #13
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComish View Post
thanks ok I think I get it so Luke Appling would be applilu01
Luke Appling Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Is the URL bar the only place you can find the id?
No. You can use the Master.cvs located in the Stats folder of OOTP. Although I never do and I want to say for some players you might encounter issues.
Attached Images
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #14
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Possible Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrd75 View Post
I've run into a bit of an issue with the spritze DB for my historical sim. I started the league in 1998 but after simming out to see the draft pool I noticed its the 1999 draft pool and that the players drafted in 1998 were not on any current rosters. CC Sabathia, mark mulder, and many others were nowhere to be found instead it had the 1999 class with Hamilton and Pujols. Has anyone else seen this and is there a way to make sure there's no missing players?
I'm pretty sure I had something similar. I think if you go look into players "recently retired" you should find the players that are missing.
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #15
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.K View Post
I'm pretty sure I had something similar. I think if you go look into players "recently retired" you should find the players that are missing.
Slight correction..if you import the entire history you will find the missing players from the season before. E.G I started a 1980 sim and noticed Jesse Orosco was missing I looked into "retired players" and there he was along with other rookies and one or two free agents. Something to do with Orosco and others coming up in 1979 for a "cup of coffee" I guess and how OOTP looks at importing rookies. The coolest thing about looking at the retirees ages 19 to say 35 is that you find the players who have gone on to coach or manage, I found Ron Washington this way in the same way when looking for Orosco

Last edited by Dr.K; 09-09-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote