Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM   #1
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

Really Big Can-Am Real World Templates (College, Juco & High School)

Complete Can-Am Real World Templates

I've done similar templates in previous editions of the game with mixed results. I'm hoping that OOTP25 has better support for amateur feeder leagues. But even if it doesn't, I'm still going to barrel face first into a ridiculously huge project, because poorly moderated ADHD can be fun.

I am sure I don't need to tell you that any of these files will be HUGE resources drains on your computer. I have 64GB of RAM (which was bananas when I installed it), and a CPU running at 4.7Ghz, plus all my OOTP files are on an SSD. I would not recommend trying to play these files on less than 32 GB of RAM (64 for better QoL, and more if you want to accomplish anything in a reasonable amount of time), the fastest processor you can, and if you can put all your files on an M.2 or SSD that would be ideal. All of these things go towards data retrieval speeds for your computer. And with files this big, those things can make an appreciable difference.

Intro
The concept is to build a world where an OOTP player can track any American or Canadian born player's progression from high school through to retirement with every stop in between.

Scope
This project is going to add to the default US leagues -
Adding to "official" included leagues to build up to the top 10 summer college leagues
NCAA Divisions 1, 2 & 3
NAIA
NJCAA Divisions 1, 2 & 3
CCCAA
NWAC
USCAA
American Legion Tournament
Perfect Game Major Events
Prep Baseball Major Events
High School Regular Season

Note - High Schools were built like this:
1 league, 50 divisions
Each state got a division with 10 teams.
Teams were selected based on the most current MaxPreps state rankings available.

Alaska has 1 ranked team, that divisions was padded with 9 Canadian high school programs.

Connecticut has 2 ranked teams, that division was padded with the top 8 ranked Prep Schools.

* * * Washington, D.C. is the 50th Division, so I either merged 2 small states and forgot, or I missed a state completely. If you see where I made my boo-boo, I'll go back and correct.

Available Files
Default Leagues + Summer College, NCAA & NAIA
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z41k5..._NAIA.wtp/file

Colleges + Jucos
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5yyg2...JUCO1.wtp/file

Colleges + Jucos + High Schools
https://www.mediafire.com/file/y9dlx...CO_HS.wtp/file
(* * * mediafile.com links are temporary * * *)

Known Issues
None of the newly added teams have had their nickname, logo, jersey, or colors or home field set.
None of the newly added teams have had their Exact City set.
There are teams in college & juco that are named "DELETE". These are for teams that moved conferences that I caught as I was adding. I added all teams from the Create a League pre-game screen, making it impossible to edit divisions sizes on the fly.

To-Do List
For new teams:
- Add high school-age summer tournaments

For every team add:
- Adjust league rules, options & schedule length
- Nickname
- Exact City
- Field Name
- Team Logos & Colors

For high school teams:
- Add region & draft region

Next Release
I'm planning the next release to have:
- Complete NCAA Division 1 (with correct cities, nicknames, colors & logos - though I won't be releasing the logos, they're all integrated into my ludicrously huge logo folder)

- "DELETE" teams will have been deleted from all levels

Things I Could Use Help With
- Logos (I'm creating them as I go, which is doable, but tedious)
- Stadiums (I'm not creating stadiums, I'm just renaming the game-generated fields)
- Schedules (I'm also not going through and creating college or high school-accurate schedules, just setting the approximate number of games per season)
- Caps & Uniforms? Anyone the kind of maniac that I am that would want to be able to do college & high school baseball cards?

Last edited by ashburnandyawkey; Yesterday at 06:56 AM.
ashburnandyawkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM   #2
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

I've edited NCAA D1 for cities & stadium names.

I just fired up a test game, and ran into a scheduling issue.

If you're trying any of these templates, you'll have to set your season start dates for your college & high school leagues to *at least* March 5th. Otherwise, the game won't be able to generate a playable schedule for you.

And until I can get a huge college & HS player DB for the game, you will also have to run "fill all teams with fictional players".