Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
68pirate
Minors (Single A)

missing players with historical import

I understand that every historical season import will be missing players who did not appear in the majors that season but played both before and after. An example from 1977 is Gorman Thomas, who appeared in MLB games in both 76 & 78, but not 77. Of course, I would like to import these players individually so they can continue in my game in subsequent seasons. The problem is, I don't know of an easy way to find out who these players are and what seasons they missed. Is there an easy way to obtain this information? A website maybe? Thanks in advance...
68pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This challenge only affects the initial season of your league, every subsequent one includes all the players.
OR
If you use the Garlon/Spritze or Gambo db rather than the built in Lahman you won't have this initial season challenge.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
BeachBum
Minors (Double A)

The only way I found to identify these players in the Lahman database was to use the Excel Database and go throuh looking for players with missing seasons.

Another way to avoid this is to actually start your game 10 years or so before you really want to start playing. Then sim to when you really want to start. I have found this pretty much eliminates the problem as most of these are in the first year or two of a players career on the player is so insignificant that it doesn't really matter.

You can delete the statistics of the simmed period if you want a fresh start when you start playing.
BeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
cec2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've encountered a similar problem with missing players. However, I've started in 1871, so there shouldn't be anyone debuting before that.

I'm just using the Lahman DB which came with the game. I've tried two different leagues with the same results. Candy Cummings, George Bradley, Terry Larkin, and one other guy whose name escapes me are omitted.

Since pitchers are scarce already, I noticed they were missing and imported them separately. If position players are similarly missing, I do not know, haven't checked the entire league.
Any ideas on this?
cec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #5
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

If you use the Neutralized Stats option in OOTP no players will be missing upon an initial import. The neutralized stats have all gaps in player careers filled in and as a result OOTP will now see them upon initial import.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post
If you use the Neutralized Stats option in OOTP no players will be missing upon an initial import. The neutralized stats have all gaps in player careers filled in and as a result OOTP will now see them upon initial import.
Will using the neutralized stats option allow players to import with more positions available than the ones the player played in his import season?
rwd59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #7
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post
I believe this may only be the case if you use the odb database however if you use the master.csv and neutralized statistics the players will not show up.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
cec2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't quite understand. Cummings was a rookie in 1872 and Larkin a rookie in 1876. Why wouldn't they be included in the rookie pool either way, standard or neutralized?
cec2 is offline   Reply With Quote