Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
Arlie Latham
Major Leagues

A 19th Century Man Arrives in the 20th Century

With OOTP 8, I tried something I haven't for sometime and that's to begin a league not in the 19th century, but in 1901. I liked the idea of having a past history right away with real stats. For example, the career leader in hits is Cap Anson at 2995. No one has yet to break the 3000 mark!

Roster: I wanted very much for the greats of the Negro Leagues to have a shot in the American and National League. So, I replaced the Lahman database with the Gambo one. I also liked the notion of players entering the league when they first signed a professional contract rather than their first year of baseball.

Problem:
There are no stats for the American Association, a major league from 1882 to 1891. Is this league missing from the Lahman database as well, or just the Gambo?

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/Arlie_Latham/
Arlie Latham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #2
Arlie Latham
Major Leagues

Historical Fix

This problem seems to be easily fixed. Using someone else's suggestion (I believe Halofan), I was able to start a 1901 league with all the 19th century results as part of the league, including the National Association, American Association, Players League and Union Association.

Now ol' Cap Anson has some 3400 hits.

Here is the simple fix:

In the ootp/data/stats file, open the batters file. Go to the column that lists the league. Using find and replace, change NA to NL in that column only. Repeat this for the other 19th century leagues as well.

Do the same for the pitcher's file.

EDIT: Here is the link I found after posting this that covers the same ground.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...uickstart.html

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/Arlie_Latham/

Last edited by Arlie Latham; 04-06-2008 at 06:21 AM. Reason: found a link
Arlie Latham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

I haven't tried a 19th century league in quite a while. I'm getting the hankerin' for it this weekend though.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote