Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

1901 - 2006

I have run a sim from 1901 - 2006 just because I was bored and I knew I could get it done in a few hours.

If anyone wants to know how a player turned out or a team has done, let me know and I will post some of the results.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Fibonacci
Minors (Triple A)

From what the testers have been saying so far, the historical sim engine seems to reproduce pretty accurate offensive results. My questions regarding defense have generally been ignored, and I find this troublesome. I'd appreciate your general views on your defensive results. Do the correct players (Al Kaline, Brooks Robinson, Ozzie Smith, et.,) dominate their era's fielding statistics and with golden gloves?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
Doughnuts?
All Star Reserve

I've seen some posts indicating a problem with Ruth, that he's hitting 80 hr's and 220 rbi's in the early 20's. What did you get?
Doughnuts? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

I'd be interested in knowing about guys who had shortened careers for one reason or another. Tony Conigliaro, for instance. I haven't run any sims myself but I'm curious as to whether the game just drops him off a cliff or not with recalc due to his real life injuries.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post
From what the testers have been saying so far, the historical sim engine seems to reproduce pretty accurate offensive results. My questions regarding defense have generally been ignored, and I find this troublesome. I'd appreciate your general views on your defensive results. Do the correct players (Al Kaline, Brooks Robinson, Ozzie Smith, et.,) dominate their era's fielding statistics and with golden gloves?
I haven't gotten a detailed look yet but I can tell you that Ozzie never did get a gold glove. But I will look deeper into it tonight.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnuts? View Post
I've seen some posts indicating a problem with Ruth, that he's hitting 80 hr's and 220 rbi's in the early 20's. What did you get?
He never hit 80. The highest he hit in a season was 58 and that was in 1921. In his 20 year career he hit 653.

So I think that is pretty close.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric View Post
I'd be interested in knowing about guys who had shortened careers for one reason or another. Tony Conigliaro, for instance. I haven't run any sims myself but I'm curious as to whether the game just drops him off a cliff or not with recalc due to his real life injuries.
Looks like they kind of drop off. In real life his career pretty much ended in 71 but did try to make a come back in 75. In my league his career ended in 74. But he also had a career with injurys all over the place with the worst being 10 months with a ruptured bicep tendon in 69.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

by the way Frank Thomas does have 4 Gold Gloves in his career.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
Fibonacci
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH3322 View Post
I haven't gotten a detailed look yet but I can tell you that Ozzie never did get a gold glove. But I will look deeper into it tonight.
I certainly appreciate it. I've learned that when questions are ignored around here, it's usually because the answers aren't what the folks want to hear.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I certainly appreciate it. I've learned that when questions are ignored around here, it's usually because the answers aren't what the folks want to hear.
If I don't have an answer its because it hard to figure out and I will tell you.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #11
Fibonacci
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
If I don't have an answer its because it hard to figure out and I will tell you.
I was in no way implying that you personally don't or wouldn't answer questions.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

Fibonacci,

There has been a lot of activity around these boards the past couple of days. Please understand that we're trying to help as many people as we can.

A lot of the focus during beta was on getting solid batting and pitching stats. Fielding is not perfected yet. I can't tell you specifically whether it is "good" or "bad" or "just right", but I can tell you that if you have issues with fielding, they will be looked into.

Will

1. Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie
2. Birds of Prey -- Wilbur Smith
3. King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4. Comstock Lode -- Louis L'Amour
5. Andersonville -- McKinley Kantor
redsox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #13
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I was in no way implying that you personally don't or wouldn't answer questions.
I know. I was just telling you that I wouldn't not respond. I will tell you why.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #14
Tekneek
Major Leagues

I'm curious about :

Dale Murphy
Bob Horner
Phil Niekro
Hank Aaron
Eddie Mathews
Brett Butler
Joe Oliver
Bill Doran
Norm Charlton
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:52 AM   #15
redmarkYankees
All Star Starter

Quote:
Do the correct players (Al Kaline, Brooks Robinson, Ozzie Smith, et.,) dominate their era's fielding statistics and with golden gloves?
GG's: 0, 0, 3 respectively (1901-2007, Lahman).
Old 03-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #16
TJdaSportsGuy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I have run a sim from 1901 - 2006 just because I was bored and I knew I could get it done in a few hours.

If anyone wants to know how a player turned out or a team has done, let me know and I will post some of the results.
I tried doing something similar, but got frustrated when I found that certain players didn't start out on the team they were supposed to start out on. For example, Mickey Mantle came up through the Pirates organization. Babe Ruth began his career as a St. Louis Cardinal.

Is there an option to make it so that by default, each player begins his career with the organization he's supposed to start with?
TJdaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:18 PM   #17
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy View Post
I tried doing something similar, but got frustrated when I found that certain players didn't start out on the team they were supposed to start out on. For example, Mickey Mantle came up through the Pirates organization. Babe Ruth began his career as a St. Louis Cardinal.

Is there an option to make it so that by default, each player begins his career with the organization he's supposed to start with?
Yeah. You just have to turn off the draft. Players will import onto their real teams.

Will

1. Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie
2. Birds of Prey -- Wilbur Smith
3. King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4. Comstock Lode -- Louis L'Amour
5. Andersonville -- McKinley Kantor
redsox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #18
Nukester
All Star Starter

Dave Kingman and Rube Kroh
Nukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #19
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Ty Cobb 1911- stolen bases... how many ?
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #20
RoyalsBlue
Major Leagues

How did George Brett & Steve Busby fare in your sim?