Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 10-26-2005, 01:45 AM   #1
chogwae
Bat Boy

a small question about caps on RBI & RUN stats

Hi there,

I'm a newcomer, and
I've been playing OOTP 6.5 for a couple of weeks now.
First of all, thank you for developing such a wonderful game.
Out of all the baseball simulation games I've played & tried out so far,
OOTP has been the most complete game to me.

I have a small question that some of you or developers may be able to answer.

I'm running a custom league, and was able to build a remarkable team through draft & trades, etc, through several seasons. One of my players is particulary having a crazy season right now, and on a tear in terms of driving runs in. The thing is, I was checking stats, and it looks like there're statistical caps for RBIs and RUNs at 255 apiece. To double check, I backed-up my league and simulated for a few more games, and it turned out that the caps are real, and once a player drives in (and probably runs as well) more than 255, the stat goes back to 0 and starts over again, making my player to drop completely out of the league leader group.

Is there a quick fix to this problem?

I don't know if players' ratings get affected by this problem also, but if so, it's doubly penalizing.

Thanks a million for your help in advance!

chogwae
chogwae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:07 AM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

No quick fix, but the numbers will not hurt ratings. Evaluations can now include performance to some extent, but I do not believe those stats go into that.

There are some mods (check out/search that forum, stuff by Pierre perhaps) that allow for getting into some files and editting things. I am not sure though whether any of those available utilities can even provide cosmetic fixes in this case. Maybe someone else more knowledgeable will come along and chime in on that.

The future versions of the game apparently will not have this limitation as the design of the database is being completely redone, though that does little good for the moment.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:50 AM   #3
sfgiants88
All Star Reserve

Wow, 255+ RBI's...bejesus.
sfgiants88 is offline   Reply With Quote