Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Personal Milestone that I want to share.

Tomorrow, October 18th, my lovely wife and I will be observing our 50th Wedding Anniversary with the celebration actually being Saturday. It has required lots of love, understanding, forgiveness, being best friends, and relatively good health.

She married me 12 days after I returned from Vietnam and we had to be apart just 10 days later because I had to go to Parris Island, South Carolina to be a marksmanship instructor for Marine Corps recruits. She joined me a week later after I found an apartment in nearby Beaufort. We have been together ever since.

This post is completely unrelated to this forum but I am proud of our marriage. I hope that all of you that are married or will be can find the peace, love, and commitment that my wife and I have found in one another.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
Mammoth_Mayhem
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Tomorrow, October 18th, my lovely wife and I will be observing our 50th Wedding Anniversary with the celebration actually being Saturday. It has required lots of love, understanding, forgiveness, being best friends, and relatively good health.

She married me 12 days after I returned from Vietnam and we had to be apart just 10 days later because I had to go to Parris Island, South Carolina to be a marksmanship instructor for Marine Corps recruits. She joined me a week later after I found an apartment in nearby Beaufort. We have been together ever since.

This post is completely unrelated to this forum but I am proud of our marriage. I hope that all of you that are married or will be can find the peace, love, and commitment that my wife and I have found in one another.
Congrats!
Old 10-17-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
trman73
Minors (Triple A)

Great message. Congrats to you both!
trman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:23 PM   #4
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Great story! Congratulations!
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

It's my 16th today. Congratulation to you on your glorious time! Many more...

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #6
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Our 25th will be in a few months. Grats to you and the Mrs... Hoping our 2nd 25 will be as fulfilling as yours sounds!
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:01 PM   #7
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:

Holy cow. Congratulations. That's like Full Metal Jacket and stuff.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:07 PM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

It'll be our 32nd anniversary Oct 24. I hope I live long enough to make 50. Congratulations and best wishes!

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:57 PM   #9
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
39 years next month.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #10
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Best of the best to you both!
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #11
neugey
All Star Reserve

Congrats! Have you also survived 50 years in OOTP with a small-market team and Cannot Be Fired unchecked?

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #12
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
Congrats! Have you also survived 50 years in OOTP with a small-market team and Cannot Be Fired unchecked?
I played regular OOTP allowing myself to be fired. Sometimes I played small market teams but never played one team 50 years. When I get them to World Series/playoffs regularly I start another team. They lose their lustre to me when they become good. I like to build.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:49 PM   #13
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

20 years coming up this April. My better half, Stephanie, has been there for so much of my life over those years and I can't imagine life without her.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #14
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Congrats on the 50th! Wonderful news to share, thank you!
We'll be hitting our 19th in February.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #15
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Congrats! That is amazing!

That deserves at least a Diamond pack!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #16
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Markus, get this man a diamond pack or 5 please.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #17
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Congrats also to all of you that are making your marriages work. It is worth the effort to grow old with the person that you love and cherish. Your best friend is always there when you need it most. Someone to help you through the hard times and to share all the good times is the greatest joy a person can have.

Thanks for all the well wishes. My wife shed tears when I showed her all the kind words from people I only know in this great community.