Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:36 AM   #81
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Sorry it is a little on the large size.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:08 PM   #82
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I don't know about the other numbers, but something is up. No way your starting pitcher stamina should be 2.000,
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #83
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I don't know about the other numbers, but something is up. No way your starting pitcher stamina should be 2.000,
It appeared to go from 1.313 (which sounds high) to 2.000 after inputting "1976" as well. Hmmm...Mine's usually either just over 1.000 or just under 1.000. What do you have injuries and fatigue set to? I had an offensive explosion when I had an injuries/fatigue brain fart earlier that seems to have dissipated (*fingers crossed*) Babe Ruth notwithstanding.

Speaking of Mr. Ruth, I'm happy to report that he shifted to LF at age 23 (right on schedule) despite recalc being set to five years. Some of us had feared he would linger as a pitcher a little longer than IRL if five year recalc was chosen. That does not appear to be the case however. I do have Allow two-way players unchecked though, so that may be influencing that.

Would you like me to post all my settings JaBurns? (Global Settings, Players & FaceGen, AI Settings, Rules, Financials, Options, and Players [you already have the other two further upthread]) I also use neutralized parks and neutralized weather (no rain, no wind, 77 degrees fahrenheit from March to November in every MLB city) every year (despite using Real Stats in this particular game), and I don't know if that's having an impact or not. I do that because Garlon said something to me early on in my OOTP days that made me adopt his suggestion. He said the stats in the database have already been affected once by the parks and the weather (IRL). Why would you let them be affected again? I can post the weather.txt file for you if you'd like it...Or not. Let me know OK?

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-30-2018 at 01:30 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #84
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

I noticed you even have quick hook for SP which makes this all the more puzzling.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:51 PM   #85
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

JaBurns...Would you mind posting Team Batting Stats, Team Pitching Stats, Team Fielding Stats and Historical Simulation Accuracy pages from your most recently completed season so we can go over them and see if we notice anything odd?

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-30-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:01 PM   #86
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Ok but do I have to enter 1976 in the historical year every year and then go back and reset financials? I entered ‘76 the first year and unchecked advance each year and thought it would stay as 1976. If I have to repeat then that is my problem I was only resetting the LTMs the day before the regular season.
Not sure if I want to neutralize weather and temperatures I will think about that because my current plan is to run this until at least the middle of April to discover and fix other OOPS’s.

Last edited by JaBurns; 03-30-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #87
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Ok but do I have to enter 1976 in the historical year every year and then go back and reset financials? I entered ‘76 the first year and unchecked advance each year and thought it would stay as 1976. If I have to repeat then that is my problem I was only resetting the LTMs the day before the regular season.
Not sure if I want to neutralize weather and temperatures I will think about that because my current plan is to run this until at least the middle of April to discover and fix other OOPS’s.
Works best if you do it every season the day before Opening Day yes. Uncheck the auto-import financials box like I do, and manually update them on the first day of the offseason (day after end of postseason) by entering the next year in the "Select which settings to import" tab. So, let's say it's October (or even November) 1902, and you're now looking ahead to the 1903 season. First day of the offseason be sure to update those financials to 1903, and then don't worry about them. They should stick. They are in lockstep with strategy settings and player creation modifiers though, so if you change those, watch out. Be sure to check them anyway after you input "1976" for your LTMs.

I think what happened is because you weren't supplying the game with fresh LTMs it slipped back to the deadball era type stats because that's where you're playing right now. Just be sure to do it every year the day before Opening Day and it shouldn't give you any problems. The hook settings on the Stats & AI page will change though, and I've found the best results come with both of those set to "Default".

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-30-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:18 PM   #88
JaBurns
All Star Starter

So I change the RHS of Stats&AI tab but leave the LHS alone in the off season and preseason? If so, then I am confused because that is what I thought I was doing......

Hate to ask this but: could you give a step by step guide for “to do’s list” for off season and preseason up to Opening Day so I can have financials for the historical year I am playing,ie 1905 season=1905$ but all stats are based on 1976. You could title it “A Historical Random Debut Guide For Dummies”.

Appreciate the help because the more I read the more confused I become, I just decided to reset the LHS of the Stats &AI tab to 1976 the day before the start of my 1905 season. Power numbers have returned but I had to reset all the financials. Also added an unaffiliated 6 team Western League, that went well, at least I have expansion down pat! Sorry to be such a PITA.

Last edited by JaBurns; 03-30-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:51 PM   #89
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I change the RHS of Stats&AI tab but leave the LHS alone in the off season and preseason? If so, then I am confused because that is what I thought I was doing......

Hate to ask this but: could you give a step by step guide for “to do’s list” for off season and preseason up to Opening Day so I can have financials for the historical year I am playing,ie 1905 season=1905$ but all stats are based on 1976. You could title it “A Historical Random Debut Guide For Dummies”.

Appreciate the help because the more I read the more confused I become, I just decided to reset the LHS of the Stats &AI tab to 1976 the day before the start of my 1905 season. Power numbers have returned but I had to reset all the financials. Also added an unaffiliated 6 team Western League, that went well, at least I have expansion down pat! Sorry to be such a PITA.
First day of offseason (after post-season is done): Go to Financials page. Click on "Select year..." bar (Dark black in first accompanying picture) at top LHS of page beside "Select which settings to import". Set it to the next year. So let's say you've just wrapped up 1905. It's in the can. It's the first day of the offseason. You want to enter "1906" in the spot I highlighted in the picture for you.

Last day of offseason (day before Opening Day): Go to Stats & AI page. Click on "Select Year" (highlighted in dark black in second accompanying picture) bar next to "Totals from year:". Put in 1976. Allow LTMs to do their thing. Leave the LHS of the page alone except "Hook for Starting Pitcher" and "Hook for Relief Pitcher" bars (highlighted in dark black in third and fourth accompanying pictures). Reset those to "Default" (as they are in the third and fourth images) because for some strange reason, the importing of LTMs makes the game change them to quick hook for starters and slow hook for relievers. I have found "Default" to be the best setting for the Hook settings so far. Nothing else on the LHS of the page should change, so those two are the only two you need to bother with.

In between the first day of the offseason and the last day of the offseason, go about your daily offseason business as you normally would. Just pay attention to those two and everything should run smoothly from now on. If it doesn't, PM me and we'll take it further, but remember with a PM, I can't attach any pictures to show you what I mean, so you may want to keep it in this thread instead.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 03-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #90
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thank you I have started the off season for my Eastern and Western Leagues and set financials to 1906,

Will keep you informed of my progress.

Just checking I should not have change anything on the LHS of the Stats & AI tab on the day before the 1906 season begins just enter 1976 in the year for the League Totals on RHS of tab?
Old 03-31-2018, 12:28 PM   #91
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you I have started the off season for my Eastern and Western Leagues and set financials to 1906,

Will keep you informed of my progress.

Just checking I should not have change anything on the LHS of the Stats & AI tab on the day before the 1906 season begins just enter 1976 in the year for the League Totals on RHS of tab?
You will need to switch both Hook Settings back to Default (they are on the LHS of the Stats & AI page). That is the only change you will need to make because they're slippery little suckers. No other setting switches to something else if you have all the auto-adjust or auto-import boxes unchecked (financials, PCMs, strategy settings and LTMs). Just the two Hook Settings before you begin the season.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-31-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:48 PM   #92
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Did that but when checking the financials they didn’t stick had to reset before the season, wish there was a way to separate financials from strategy settings. April of ‘06 is in the books,looks good albeit SSS. This games is so interesting and difficult to hit the settings correctly but I am learning as I go forward with every league. Going to get at least two more weeks and a couple of updates in before I throw caution to wind and embark on my “real” random debut.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:09 PM   #93
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did that but when checking the financials they didn’t stick had to reset before the season, wish there was a way to separate financials from strategy settings. April of ‘06 is in the books,looks good albeit SSS. This games is so interesting and difficult to hit the settings correctly but I am learning as I go forward with every league. Going to get at least two more weeks and a couple of updates in before I throw caution to wind and embark on my “real” random debut.
Why did you reset the strategy settings again? The only two strategy settings that you should need to touch are the Hook settings for starters and relievers, and you don't need to change the year to do that. Therefore, it shouldn't be affecting financials at all.

I'm assuming (which is dangerous I know) that you have strategy settings set to 1976, which I think you indicated further upthread. Just leave them as is, uncheck the "auto-import strategy settings..." box (two different locations so make sure), and voila strategy settings for 1976 are locked in. The only two settings you need to touch after you input 1976 for your LTMs the day before Opening Day are the Hook settings. Set them back to "Default" and off you go. Everything's good.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:34 PM   #94
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Changed both the hook settings to default, hope that is correct, just a little confused on the financials.I will have to check to see if I have missed a✅ or have a✅ In the wrong place somewhere in the league settings. I have probably done something wrong somewhere....
Old 04-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #95
Reed
All Star Starter

Yes, to many places to check and some of them say the same the same thing. For example, I wonder why there are 2 place to mark-automatically advance strategy for next season (historical and stats & AI tab) and 2 spots to select real or neutralized stats. There are a couple other examples. I have wondered what would happen if you select something in one spot but not the other, or do they have different functions.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:43 PM   #96
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Yes, to many places to check and some of them say the same the same thing. For example, I wonder why there are 2 place to mark-automatically advance strategy for next season (historical and stats & AI tab) and 2 spots to select real or neutralized stats. There are a couple other examples. I have wondered what would happen if you select something in one spot but not the other, or do they have different functions.
LTMs as well. I do believe that if you uncheck one of the boxes, the other one gets unchecked too, but I can't remember.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:45 PM   #97
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I am correct in assuming that if I am using Real Stats with the standard database I will get no players such as Cool Papa Bell, Josh Gibson, Double Duty Radcliffe, etc who never appeared in a Major League Game because of the colour barrier?
Old 04-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #98
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am correct in assuming that if I am using Real Stats with the standard database I will get no players such as Cool Papa Bell, Josh Gibson, Double Duty Radcliffe, etc who never appeared in a Major League Game because of the colour barrier?
They have to be imported regardless of whether you use Real or Neutered Stats. They are not in the MLB database because they didn't play in MLB. We're still waiting on the Spritze database (which in my humble opinion is the best database for Negro Leaguers, PCL players, Japanese, Koreans, Chinese Taipei, Cubans etc, etc, etc). Spritze is currently up to his ears in fixing up the MLB and MiLB databases I'm sure, so it could be a while. In the meantime, you could import them from the MiLB database, but you have to be using a Real Stats game to do that because there are no Neutered Stats for players in the MiLB database.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:28 PM   #99
JaBurns
All Star Starter

That’s what I will try to do, oh boy my favourite thing in this game, importing into the draft class.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #100
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That’s what I will try to do, oh boy my favourite thing in this game, importing into the draft class.
No...It's your computer monitor's favourite things. After all, it takes all the abuse.