Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #1
BBlitz31
Bat Boy

League management questions

Any answers to any questions below would be extremely appreciated...

1. Can I run a baseball league where I make all the lineup decisions and player moves/trades for all the teams on a per series and as needed, per injury basis?

2. Is there a way to run a league that has a free agency system (for the sake of league parity) where the financials are simplified or removed but some sort of system makes it extrememly difficult to create a dynasty?

3. In relation to question 2, if financials are used in a league, is there an easy way to make teams exactly even in relation to income and available salary money every season?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brad
BBlitz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

As to #1, I believe you can accomplish that by using Commissioner mode, but I'm not exactly how you'd set up the individual team settings to keep them from making changes.

As to #2/3, I think the financial system is all or nothing, but if it's the same league as #1 then I think just removing the financials and finding some kind of method for preventing dynasties on your own. Something simple based on a random number generator or something.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
BBlitz31
Bat Boy

I COULD set up some sort of free agency rules to attempt to provide parity, but it would be nice though to have a simple point-based or money-based system in the game which determines ability to keep better players and how players decide whether to sign a contract. I don't mind using a financial model to determine free agency, but I would have to maintain an even playing level of spendable contract money for all teams every year.

I am worried about the fact that I might not be able to restrict all player moves by all teams... even in commissioner mode.

What I want is to be commissioner of a 12 team or so league where all the team owners are human and submit moves to me to make within the game. I would then make all their lineups, strategy settings, and agreed-to trades while I maintain control over the entire league/game. Rosters and strategies will be set by human GMs and the games would be coached by AI using the human GMs set strategies. All results, stats, injury updates, etc. would then be posted to a website for the owners' reviews.

Anyone else have a take on this or, better yet, has someone achieved something similar to what I am describing?

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I think you need to look into setting up a full-on online league. I never have, but hopefully someone who has will chime in.

You could poke around in the online league forum and message some of the guys who are in them. They'd probably give you some pointers on setup and the like.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #5
BBlitz31
Bat Boy

I will read up on that... Thanks!

The other thing regarding online league is that I already have my 12 intended team owners and they are not actually owners of OOTP Baseball (although once they compete in my league, a few may want to purchase.)

So, with that said, an online league would not be what I need if all team owners have to own this game.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #6
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Fair point, I didn't consider that.