Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
BaseballFan2015
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How To Determine Cities

Hey everyone! I got OOTP15 when the game was released and am loving it so far. I just one quick question.

I am planning out a 24 team fictional game (2 divisions per sub-league, 6 teams per division) and I am trying to pick the cities to use. It will be based in the Eastern half of the US (any state/city east of the Mississippi River). So I went through each state and chose 4-5 cities from each state. The only problem is now I have to narrow it down to 6 cities per division. What would be the best way to do that?

I was thinking maybe give each city in that specific division a number and then randomly choose a number. Here is how I have the divisions and states set up...

Northern League
Lakes Division (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin)
Northeastern Division (Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts , New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont)

Southern League
Central Division (North Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia)
Southeastern Division (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi)
BaseballFan2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
BaseballFan2015
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think for the divisions that have only 5 states, I will pick one city from each state and then have a lottery for the 6th team. That way each state is represented by at least 1 team. The only one that will be tricky is the Northeastern Division with so many states.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Can you pick out the necessary cities from this list, perhaps?

Baseball Markets by Al Streit

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
BaseballFan2015
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Can you pick out the necessary cities from this list, perhaps?

Baseball Markets by Al Streit
I have a list of 4-5 cities per state. I am randomly choosing one city from each state and then the 6th one will be a combo of the remaining cities and then chosen at random.

Make sense?

So like for Southeastern Division, the 5 I have chosen are Birmingham (AL), Tallahassee (FL), Columbus (GA), Charleston (SC), Gulfport (MS). Now the remaining 20 will be put into a pool and will eliminate one by one until there is one standing
Old 05-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
BaseballFan2015
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here are the cities and set up for when I start creating the game within OOTP15...

Name:  Untitled 6.png
Views: 375
Size:  132.5 KB
Old 05-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballFan2015 View Post
Here are the cities and set up for when I start creating the game within OOTP15...

Attachment 343656
Well, all I can say is, thank goodness this is fictional! ()

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballFan2015 View Post

Attachment 343656
Naperville is nowhere close to Lake Michigan. Zion, Evanston, Gurnee,Highland Park would be just a handful of better cities.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:18 PM   #8
BaseballFan2015
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will use Evanston instead of Naperville.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:13 AM   #9
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

One of the things I did, even though I don't have a totally fictional game going on. I did create a fictional AAA and AA league which gives each MLB team two teams in both those levels of the minors. And for some of them I gave them minor league teams that were somewhat closeby for their fictional teams. Like for instance, for the Red Sox I called their fictional AAA team the Cambridge Skyhawks and their fictional AA team the Providence Gunners. I did some different things for the Brewers and Twins. For the Brewers I kept them both in Wisconsin so they had the Kenosha Pioneers in AAA and for AA I created a Green Bay Packers baseball team. For the Twins, their AA team is called the St. Paul Vikings (based on the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL) and AAA was the Duluth Copperheads. And since I'm from Manchester,NH I made a Manchester Monarchs AAA team for the Pirates (I just picked a random team, no other reason). So I made it interesting for some teams. You can download the Nickname projects so you can get logos, caps, and jersies for each team with that and some other people here on the forums have some pretty cool stuff in the photobucket accounts which you can use too if you want. Have fun with it!! :-)
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote