Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
sk3tch
Bat Boy

Banned from Perfect Team

I was insta-banned without warning. I have spent north of $5,000 on the game between 3 teams (about 95% on one team). I was moving cards from one account to the next as I was building up my other teams. Cards that I had purchased legitimately. This allegedly broke an unspoken ToS that was not in my download and never was.

I have submitted a ticket to engage with the devs to see what options there are. But, in the meantime, be careful out there. I think bans without warning are severe in a game where you input money ("pay to win") with no way to extract that money out of the game.

If I can be banned instantly after "investing" all of that money into OOTP - I would recommend reconsidering buying any more PP, as the rules are vague and not evenly enforced - especially in light of banning permanently and without warning.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

You're not allowed to transfer cards from one team/account to another.

btw:
Quote:
Please keep in mind that penalties for violations of the ToS include written warnings and outright bans

F2P Team
Old 07-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #3
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Before this thread gets locked or otherwise sent to oblivion, you weren´t transferring players from one team to the other at a substantial discount on market value were you? Or perhaps grossly overpriced? If so, common sense would tell you that ain´t cool. But if you have a real beef then I hope you can work it out.

Hey, you weren´t the "4001" guy were you? If so, that type of dealing would definitely explain you being banned so quickly.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #4
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3tch View Post
the rules are vague and not evenly enforced -
No, the rules are clear.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

I don't understand why spend so much money and not carefully protect your account by NOT violating the TOS...

Seriously, when you have so much to lose, you typically care a bit more...

For one I applaud OOTP for actually enforcing the TOS and sending a message, but having said this, as someone who also invested in the game money and more importantly time, I vote for forgiveness with a serious warning to everyone that has done any type of illegal transfers.

Good luck.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:08 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But, in the meantime, be careful out there.
No problem out here. We read the ToS, which is installed with the game and clearly says that you can't move points between teams.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:12 AM   #7
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
As Orcin said, it could not be made more clear. DO NOT TRANSFER CARDS OR POINTS BETWEEN YOUR TEAMS.

What in that is unclear or could cause a misunderstanding?

Old 07-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #8
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
I am not nor have I ever been employed by OOTP Dev but I thank you for your donation to them. Maybe next time you won't try and cheat. Have a great day.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #9
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
I was insta-banned without warning. I have spent north of $5,000 on the game between 3 teams (about 95% on one team). I was moving cards from one account to the next as I was building up my other teams. Cards that I had purchased legitimately. This allegedly broke an unspoken ToS that was not in my download and never was.

I have submitted a ticket to engage with the devs to see what options there are. But, in the meantime, be careful out there. I think bans without warning are severe in a game where you input money ("pay to win") with no way to extract that money out of the game.

If I can be banned instantly after "investing" all of that money into OOTP - I would recommend reconsidering buying any more PP, as the rules are vague and not evenly enforced - especially in light of banning permanently and without warning.

It's about time. Tired of whales putting a league of silver & gold league teams out to wasteland. Thank You PT20 Team
Old 07-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #10
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Glad to see people who spent that much are not immune to a ban.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:56 AM   #11
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Could someone (perhaps the author) publish more details? I am very curious about it and also I am very happy that I resisted the temptation to help the main team. Actually, now when work on my main team is done I'd like to refocus on other one ... on other "project" ... although I never wanted to cheat by transfering huge amount of PPs I wanted to move there some players from packs which would fit the strategy or slip few thousands of PPs just to afford some good buy in AH.

I had the same thinking as sk3tch (at least I assume I had) - if I spend 100$+ nobody will care if I will move few thousands or few cards among accounts. If someone spends 5k then who cares that he will move few cards. The person can obviously afford to buy a sh*tload of points so why to care about ten thousands of PPs? How big edge the person got given the money invested in? Negligible ...

Actually, I am (and was) so scared to move some PPs in OOTP19 PT, which no one plays anymore, just not to be banned in PT20 as the PT20 and PT19 accounts are connected. As such it's safer to play (or not to play at all) PT19 passively rather than try experimental stuff there ....

Last edited by SF Giants; 07-20-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:04 AM   #12
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

I'm not sure we need more details...it's pretty clear, read the TOS and you will have every detail you need....

Old 07-20-2019, 11:04 AM   #13
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

There should certainly be warnings first, though we don’t know what happened in this specific case.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #14
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

$5,000 on digital baseball cards that will turn to dust in a year. Unreal.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:18 AM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Giants View Post
Could someone (perhaps the author) publish more details? I am very curious about it and also I am very happy that I resisted the temptation to help the main team. Actually, now when work on my main team is done I'd like to refocus on other one ... on other "project" ... although I never wanted to cheat by transfering huge amount of PPs I wanted to move there some players from packs which would fit the strategy or slip few thousands of PPs just to afford some good buy in AH.

I had the same thinking as sk3tch (at least I assume I had) - if I spend 100$+ nobody will care if I will move few thousands or few cards among accounts. If someone spends 5k then who cares that he will move few cards. The person can obviously afford to buy a sh*tload of points so why to care about ten thousands of PPs? How big edge the person got given the money invested in? Negligible ...

Actually, I am (and was) so scared to move some PPs in OOTP19 PT, which no one plays anymore, just not to be banned in PT20 as the PT20 and PT19 accounts are connected. As such it's safer to play (or not to play at all) PT19 passively rather than try experimental stuff there ....
I'll reply with our official position since this is an important thing to have clear.

Funneling points or cards between accounts is not allowed under the TOS, no matter how much someone has spent.

If you're spending money and interested in building up multiple teams, then the way to handle things is to drop less money into your main team and spend some of that directly on the lesser teams.

But if you're funneling points or cards between teams, than that is subject to a warning or instant ban (which depends on the severity of the actions, instant bans without warnings are only for truly flagrant and egregious violations).

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Old 07-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #16
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Lukas said it perfectly. If you blatantly cheat you are out of here regardless of investment. I tip my cap to the Dev Team. Your actions make us small fry love the game more.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #17
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

So you were the guy funneling all those cards for 4001

Transferring between multiple accounts is one of the easiest ways to eat a ban in any mmo that exists
Old 07-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #18
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It’s extremely harsh to make a statement by cutting guys out on the first offense. Suspend them, sure. Just this past week, the powers that be said they are going to be more strict on enforcing the rules. Maybe they should have been strict in the first place?
Old 07-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #19
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I have zero sympathy for the OP. Spending money like that and still trying to bend every rule to get additional advantages is excessive, indulgent, decadent.

This was NOT an unspoken rule either--there's been adequate hand-wringing about point funneling all over the boards even if one hasn't properly read the TOS like one should.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #20
SpacePope
Minors (Single A)

Bummer all around. I hope you can work it out with the devs.

Some of the responses to this thread are a bigger turn off then watching 300k cards sell for 4001. The guy poured 5k into the game. Have a heart!
Closed Thread