Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:02 PM   #41
stevem810
All Star Starter

Final Month of the Season

The FBL has turned the corner from July to August which means, except for 3 games in September, the regular season enters the final month.

The Sub Standings dictates the have's and the have not's. Le Diamant is running away in the Martinique League having won 13 of the final 14 in July. Mid month, they suffered through a streak where they lost 4 of 6 before rebounding.

Perennial .300 hitter Victor Jung of Montreal leads in the batting race with a .336 average. He is the essential 5 tool player and is currently on course to rack up 8.8 WAR for the Royals (7.0 presently).

Gerald Ferry of Giverney was the July hitter of the month as he slashed his way to a .333 average.

Pitcher of the Month? Can you guess? To the surprise of none it is Vic Cosman. He's been awarded the winning pitcher designation for 7 straight starts. The proverbial 'money in the bank' starting pitcher.

The hottest team in the league, aside from the Diamonds, are the Ottawa Expedition who have their last 9 in a row. With 61 wins and 45 losses, in a normal year they would be the talk of the league. In a sense, they still are, as they have enough weapons to take on a team like Le Diamant. Brophy and Hachet are both 10 game winners and Julien Jibert has racked up 19 saves. They may have lost 0-4 to Le Diamant in last seasons championship series, but, they are proving capable for a deep run right to the end.
The Marseille Soleis are on a losing streak (8/10) but they are still considered an elite franchise that understands what it takes to win. The graphic below puts to rest any doubt as the the character of this franchise.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:01 PM   #42
stevem810
All Star Starter

Expedition's version of Vic Cosman

The Diamonds have lost 3 in a row at the top of August while the Expedition are warming up. Even Cosman's consecutive streak of wins was interrupted by a no decision (Lamotte lost it in the 9th).

The Expedition's 33 year old Pete Brophy is rising to the occasion now that we've entered the dog days. In this case, rising to the occasion translates as the push to the post-season. Brophy has his own streak going.

On June 17 his record was 3-9/ 4.37 ERA. Fast forward to August 7 and his record is 11-9/ 2.96 ERA. Brophy has been a #1/ #2 SP option virtually his entire career. Come playoff time he can only spell trouble for opposing teams.

The Expedition are tied for the league best record post All Star break with Le Diamant at 15-6. It's far too tempting to not look ahead to the post-season and how these two teams might fare against each other. The Diamonds hold a slim 5-4 advantage. In just 3 days the teams will play each other in Ottawa to wrap up the season series. The Diamonds have lost 5/6 in the month of August leading up to the series.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 05-01-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:05 PM   #43
stevem810
All Star Starter

Expedition get a big start from Huchet

The were swept by Le Diamant in the 'big series'. They were on a 6 game skid. Losing the night before to the 2nd place Royals, the lead was cut to 5 games. Ottawa needed someone to step up. John Huchet was that person.

He logged 10 innings giving up 1 hit, 0 walks, to go along with 5 K's. That's what it took until the Expedition plated 3 runs in the 10th. Huchet did it efficiently with 100 pitches, and is now 12-7 for Ottawa.
Attached Images
Old 05-03-2019, 11:46 PM   #44
stevem810
All Star Starter

The first to 20

Can you guess? Ah, too easy. Vic Cosman wins his 20th game of the season notching his first 20 game season in the FBL. He was 18-3 last year.
Jonathan Allain holds the season record with 21 wins (1962) so it would not be surprising to have a new all time leader at seasons end. Allain, a lifetime Royal SP, is still pitching and has a career 106-70 record. Jonathan has never had a losing season. Phillipe DeSilva's 109 W's are tops in the the league.
Back to Cosman, he is likely to get 3 more starts. 20 wins is impressive in a league that plays 138 games per season.
As a side note, Julien Henri is second in wins with 16.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-04-2019, 12:16 AM   #45
stevem810
All Star Starter

College World Series

Tours College Stone Crabs are the 1967 French College Champs. They defeated Toulouse College in a 7 game series. Clement Marchand made a relief appearance to nail down the save.

Marchand had an impressive year, especially when you look at his K/BB ratio. He's in uncharted territory.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 05-04-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:36 PM   #46
stevem810
All Star Starter

Henri Power Surge

The bench coach put Julien Henri in the 3 hole and he responded with 3 hits, 2 of them homeruns (12,13) tying his highest yearly total to date.

Le Diamant, having clinched the Martinque League pennant, leads 2nd place Le Morne Rouge by 25 games. With 89 wins, the Diamonds would have to win 11 of their final 12 games to break their record of 99 wins.
Attached Images
Old 05-04-2019, 11:42 PM   #47
stevem810
All Star Starter

Henri dominates, but, the Diamonds lose

Julien Henri, POG, turned in 6.1 innings of dominant pitching as he fanned 9 and didn't walk anyone. But, the Diamonds lost in the bottom of the 9th when Hubert Ganyon singled in Axel Bruneau with the winning run in St. Michel.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-07-2019, 10:45 PM   #48
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Cycle

Herve DeLage, someone we've followed from Single A ball all the way to the FBL, a native of Martinique, was in the news this week. DeLage was able to achieve the coveted cycle, as he went 4 for 4 in the 10-6 win over the Soleis. Herve also had a base on balls to go with his four hits. For the day, he scored three times and batted in four.

He had to do it against a tough pitcher, Alain Corturier.

Scouts are pretty high on Herve as the report indicates. A perennial Gold Glove winner, his bat has started to catching up to his glove.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-09-2019, 10:24 PM   #49
stevem810
All Star Starter

Regular Season Ends

Le Diamant cruised to their second consecutive Martinique title and will face the Nice Orchids in the first round.

Julien Henri continued to develop both as a position player and a starting pitcher. He received ample opportunities to show case his skills in the 1967 year as the Bench Coach opted to use him more and more as the season progressed.

Still just 23 years of age, the sky continues to be the ceiling for Henri.

Vic Cosman tied the FBL record for wins with 21 that was set by Jonathan Allain in 1962. Cosman might have broke the record but the team opted to not start him on the last day of the season. The goal is the championship and not the record book.

Ottawa Expedition will host the Marseille Soleis in their 7 game series.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-09-2019, 10:59 PM   #50
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 1 Orchids at Diamonds

With 1 out in the bottom of the first, Pierson hit the 3rd pitch off of starter Alexandre Perrault into the right field seats giving Le Diamant a 1-0 lead. With Vic Cosman on the mound, the sell out crowd probably was anticipating an easy game one win. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Orchids played excellent baseball. Their starter, Perrault, gave them a solid six innings yielding only the one run. Their catcher, Marc Rio, threw out 2 of 3 would be base stealers.

But, in the end, it was Julien Henri who made the difference. With two out in the bottom of the 12th, pinch hitter Julien lined a single to left field. After an error by secondbaseman Girard, there were two on and two out. Legendre then lined a single into the corner in left field and Julien Henri easily scored giving the Diamonds the 4-3 opening series win.

The Ottawa Expedition had their own 4-3 win over Marseille Soleis
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #51
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 2 Orchids at Diamonds

For the second game in a row it was Julien Henri who stepped up big for the Le Diamant Diamonds. Henri logged 8 innings yielding 5 hits, 2 walks, and fanning 5 as Le Diamant won 4-2. LaMotte earned the save by retiring all three batters in the 9th.

Julien stroked a pair of singles his first two at bats and Mercier twice drilled doubles down the left line scoring Henri. But, the big blow came in the 8th, when 1B Daniel Lorenzo stroked one into the right field seats with a runner aboard.

Le Diamant will leave for France in the morning where they will take on the Orchids in Nice. It will be Bour (14-4/ 2.22) vs. Thomas (11-14/ 3.39).
Attached Images
Old 05-12-2019, 12:38 AM   #52
stevem810
All Star Starter

Games 3,4

The bats of the Orchids are alive and well. Using long distance power they have put themselves in a position to defeat the Le Diamant Diamonds.

Four home runs in two days have elevated the Orchids to a 2-2 series status. Guillaume Rodriguez with 7 hits, 2 big flies, and 7 RBI's is definitely the star of the series. LF LeRoux has 6 hits in the last 3 games.

Julien Henri is batting .500 going 5 for 10. Herve DeLage broke and 0 for 12 streak in game 4 by collecting two hits.

Ottawa is down 1-3 to Marseille as the Soleis look to wrap it up in their ballpark tomorrow.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 05-12-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:55 PM   #53
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 5

It was apparent in the first inning that Le Diamant had their hands full. The 69-66 Nice Orchids have got their MoJo working. Pierson leads off with a walk and is cut down trying to steal. Henri fans. No runs for the Diamonds.

Bottom of the first and its another 2 run homer, this time off the bat of Martin. In the top of the second the Diamonds load em up with 0 outs. They score 1 run.

In the bottom of the 2nd, two more runs, all with 2 out, are plated by the Orchids. The second run scores on a wild pitch.

And, so it goes. These streaking Orchids now have the series edge at 3 games to two. The teams head back to Le Diamant for game 6.

Marseille takes out the Expedition four games to one.
Attached Images
Old 05-12-2019, 11:59 PM   #54
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 6 - Elimination Game

From the Journal of Julien Henri

The locker room was eerie before the game. No one was talking. I could feel the tension as soon as I walked in. Everyone looking down at their feet or into their locker. No side conversations. This team was tight.

It was my turn to pitch and I didn't care who was tight. I had a job to do and I was going to do it. Yet, I was worried. We didn't seem ourselves. We lacked the spark. And, the elephant in the room was the absence of Steve Green. He has been our big bat (and glove) for two years until the injury earlier this season. The guy never got untracked as he produced a .679 OPS in 45 games. But, still, to leave him off the post-season roster? That seems like a mistake, nothing against Lamy. But, that's baseball.

I kept them off the bases in the first and we squandered an opportunity to go big in the bottom half, but we did score one. It stayed that way to the top of the sixth when the top of the order got me for 3 straight singles. Damn, and I was making good pitches, too. A FC, SF, and another single and we were down 3-1. The manager came to the mound. I just said 'no way'. I'm fresh and I will get out of the jam I got us into. Skip looked at catcher, Legendre, and waited for a response. "He's right Skip, I think he can get this next guy." Rodgrigues had been tearing our team up but I retired him both times this game.

Skip made the decision to let me pitch to him. I felt more determination than pressure. On a 1-2 pitch I got him to fish. But, we are down 2 runs and it's getting late.

Bottom of the 6th and I'm leading off. Another reason I didn't want to leave the game. I ripped one into the gap and made it to second. I know we're down two but I can make it into third. Without looking at the 3rd base coach I hit another gear. Sliding into 3rd the call was, SAFE.

We ended up getting one back to cut it to 3-2. Problem is our bats are not very hot right now.

We get to the 8th and I'm in another jam. A double, a strike out ( I had 10), and a walk. I'm way up there in pitches but Skip stays with me and we get out of the jam.

We go down 1-2-3 in the 8th and it doesn't look good. Skip takes me out to start the 9th. It was the right decision. I was out of gas. With a fresh arm Sergio Hernandez retires the Orchids in order.

To the 9th and our last chance to tie, or win. Lead off batter hits a routine grounder to short. He boots it! He boots it! Suddenly, the ball park becomes energized. The fans on their feet. Yelling, cheering. The noise is deafening. On a 1-1 count Herve DeLage, the one who started the series 0 for 12, rips the ball into the corner for a double. Two on, no out.

We're going to win this is my only thought. The Orchids opened the door and the Diamonds are going to walk through it. I could feel it. Next pitch...wild...a run scores and the other runner to 3rd. Next up, Mathieu Michel takes to the outfield....deep enough that Herve is going to score and he does! Diamonds win it, 4-3.
Attached Images
Old 05-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #55
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 7

Le Diamant committed a two out error in the first. After a base on balls by Cosman, LeRoux grounded a single to the outfield and the Orchids were on the board first, 1-0.

It stayed that way until the 5th. After Legendre singled to begin the inning, the Diamonds had to decide to play small ball or go big. Lamy at the plate, is a very good bunter, not a power hitter, but he did have one long ball earlier in the series. The substitute for Steve Green got the go ahead to swing and Lamy put a charge on the ball sending it into the left field seats. The Diamonds had a 2-1 lead. They tacked on three more runs that inning for the 5-1 lead.

The Orchids kept it within striking distance the final 4 innings as the put runners on base, but couldn't find the big timely hit like they did in Nice.

Le Diamant won it 7-3 behind 15 hits, 4 by Laurant Mercier. Laurant had 4 ribbies for the game and was awarded the MVP for the series.

So, it will be Le Diamant vs Marseille Soleis in the championship series. The two teams went at it last season in the finals but Le Diamant made short work of it winning 4-0.

The Soleis, it can be argued, are the most successful franchise in the FBL. They have one championship to go with their 8/8 playoff appearance record. Marseille does not have a single losing season in their history.

Marseille went 5-10 against Le Diamant during the regular season.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 05-14-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:08 PM   #56
stevem810
All Star Starter

Championship Series Game 1

The Soleis, fresh off their near sweep of the Expedition (4/5), arrived in Martinique with a well rested ball club. Le Diamant was forced to use all its resources to finally dispose of the pesky Orchids (7 games).

Cole Burke was effectively wild issuing 4 bases on balls, uncorking a WP, but fanning 10 in the 3-1 victory over Marseille. At the plate, it was Burke's 2 run homer, his first of his career, that was the difference.

Game 2 set up for tomorrow evening.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #57
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 1 Journal Notes

The best thing I can write about game one of the championship series is that we won the game. No thanks to my play.

Chris Burke, our SP, and I both committed errors in the first inning. Mine was on a lazy fly ball to center field with two outs. Stupid. The ball popped out of my mitt. Ugh. Then Chris made a throwing error which allowed the Soleis to go up 1-0. Runners were on second and third so we really needed an out. Burke got Kiefer on strikes so the damage was minimal.

The rest of the game wasn't much better for me. It was an 0 for 4 game and I was even caught stealing second base.

What saved us from a loss? The bottom of the line-up, that's what. C Frederick Legendre went 2 for 3 scoring one and batting in one, and Chris Burke, aside from pitching six solid innings of 1 run/ 0 earned run baseball, had a two run homer. The first of his career. Wow, I was impressed with his composure after such a rough start.

Well, writing about it should help me put this game, at least my part, behind me. Tomorrow's another day and I'll just put my best foot forward hoping for better results.

Last edited by stevem810; 05-15-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #58
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 2

The Diamonds had opportunities to win this game but grounding into three double plays and stranding 7 was too much to overcome the stellar pitching of Phillipe Da Silva, now 3-1 with 0.35 ERA. The Soleis turned up the heat in the series by escaping with a 2-1 win as the teams fly out tonight to France for games 3-5.

Julien Henri had a nice bounce back game as he ran down several fly balls in center handling them all cleanly while going 2 for 4. He is listed as the starting pitcher for Le Diamant in game 3 likely to face Philippe Colin.
Attached Images
Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 PM   #59
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 3

It was a big win for the ball club tonight. After losing the last last home game by one run, we needed to recapture the series edge. We did rather easily this evening, once we got the big lead in the middle innings. Our bats were booming and we made them pay for the error in the fourth inning with three unearned runs, thanks to Daniel Lorenzo's big at bat.

I was happy with my pitching outing as all my pitches were working well tonight. Legendre called a great game, too. Speaking of big at bats Frederick, batting out of the eight hole, is hitting 14 for 37 in the post season.

Steve Green, who was activated for the last series, has struggled batting just .091. It will be interesting to see if Skip sticks with him or goes back to Lamy who is generally our best middle infielder with the glove.

Game 4 tomorrow with Vic Cosman on the mound. I'd say it's a must game for the Soleis. But, it's also a must game for us as we don't want to lose with our ace and have the series go down to a best of three.
Attached Images
Old 05-17-2019, 06:53 PM   #60
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 4

An exciting contest that would determine if the Soleis were going to keep up with the Diamonds. It could have gone either way, but, the power bats of the Soleis combined with a bases loaded no out Diamond failure to score in the 8th, spelled victory for Marseille.

Adding to the joy of it for Marseille fans, it came at the expense of Le Diamants ace, Vic Cosman. Cosman clearly did not have his best stuff as the big bats of the Soleis line up were able to take him deep twice with runners on base.

Final Marseille 5, Le Diamant 4
LOB: Le Diamant 16; Marseille 6
Attached Images