Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:19 AM   #21
stevem810
All Star Starter

April pitching for Julien Henri

Here we track the April outings for Julien Henri.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:19 AM   #22
stevem810
All Star Starter

Final April outing for J.H.

Start #6 for Julien. Except for the final outing Henri's ERA dropped lower each game.
Attached Images
Old 04-16-2019, 07:56 PM   #23
stevem810
All Star Starter

Henri and the Toucans

At 22 Julien Henri has plenty of time to develop as a player both in the field and on the mound. In the batters box, we may be seeing an increase in power over earlier years. No question, the data sampling is small, so it will be interesting to track as we move deeper into the season.

Give Le Morne Rouge some credit. After spending considerable time at the bottom of the standings they are beginning to showcase some of their young talent. At this point, they appear to be the only legit challenger to the Diamonds in the Martinique League. They are getting a lot of mileage out of the their number one and two SP's, as together they have an 8-2 record.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-20-2019, 01:26 AM   #24
stevem810
All Star Starter

7 in a row, in Style

An unlikely win for Le Diamant, and one that needed a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 9th to do it. Outplayed for most of the game, the Diamonds had it when they needed it.
Attached Images
Old 04-20-2019, 01:30 AM   #25
stevem810
All Star Starter

Diamonds keep rolling

Daniel Lorenzo, hero with the walkoff homer two days ago, played a part in the 9th straight W as he supported the fine pitching of Julien Henri as Le Diamant stays perfect for the month of May.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #26
stevem810
All Star Starter

Flat Out Good

Despite injuries to 3/4 of the infield as well as a reliever, the Le Diamant ball club is on a tear. The accomplishments are garnering attention from all corners of the world, even in the USA.

Team officials of Le Diamant are shrugging off the accolades, calling it 'too early to get excited', 'we haven't won anything, yet', etc. After losing the final two games last season and ending up with 99 wins (FBL record), it appears the Diamonds are going after their own record.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #27
stevem810
All Star Starter

Antoine LeRoux

The year was 1960 and Le Diamant selected Antoine LeRoux as the first pick in the rookie draft. For all intents and purposes, he was a clear #1 pick by anyone's standards. Scouts raved about his stuff. No one had better.

Immediately placed into the rotation at Single A Basse Pointe Le Roux seemed to confirm his status as the best young pitcher in baseball. He started 22 games, won 8 and lost 2, posted a 2.40 ERA (2.01 FIP), and fanned 182 in 161 innings pitched.

In spite of a whopping 6 injuries the next year he was still posting good numbers. The ERA and WHIP rose, but, most experts passed it off as injury recovery related.

When the injuries carried through to the next year, then the next, and so on, Antoine's future became murky. However, a bounce back year of sorts while playing for the AA Parrots renewed hope that he was back on track. It was short lived.

He sat out all of 1964, and came back in 1965 determined to flip the switch back. LeRoux appeared to be on track, pitching remarkably well for a player so beset with injuries.

Until, yet another 4 injuries including a tired arm leading up to a torn labrum. Another shoulder injury in 1966 sent him to the D.L., then to the surgeon, as in being lost for another season.

Now, 1967, it was rumored that team officials had released LeRoux just last week, in spite of being just 22 years old. Reports circulated that ownership made the final call and wanted him left in the system.

It's been years since LeRoux had any semblance of control. It doesn't appear to be improving. But, he's a ground ball pitcher that can still light up the radar at 101 MPH. Not too many teams are willing to risk a turnaround by such a live young arm, as unlikely as it may be.

Presently, he has a 3.68 ERA working out of the pen for the AAA Le Marin Waveriders.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 04-20-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:12 PM   #28
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem810 View Post
Despite injuries to 3/4 of the infield as well as a reliever, the Le Diamant ball club is on a tear. The accomplishments are garnering attention from all corners of the world, even in the USA.

Team officials of Le Diamant are shrugging off the accolades, calling it 'too early to get excited', 'we haven't won anything, yet', etc. After losing the final two games last season and ending up with 99 wins (FBL record), it appears the Diamonds are going after their own record.
Wow, that's quite a start. Must be awful fun right now, watching this team win and win some more.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:39 PM   #29
stevem810
All Star Starter

I am getting a kick out of it. It's not really my goal to have Le Diamant overpower the other teams (it's about the careers of the players), but watching this team become so dominant adds a certain twist to the seasons. Will they become a dynasty? Will Henri spend his career here? Or, might he leave this powerhouse franchise and get married and live in France? I don't even know. Thanks

btw...would love to see any type of comeback from Antoine.

Last edited by stevem810; 04-20-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:32 PM   #30
stevem810
All Star Starter

May 10

From the Journal of Julien Henri

It was weird tonight. I was so nervous before the game. Even into the middle innings. It was really hard to just be myself on the mound. With the 13 game winning streak none of us want to be the starting pitcher that brings it to an end. I mean, it's going to end some time.

If you look in the newspaper and just read the box score you'd think, 'oh, another Diamond blowout'. But, it wasn't that way at all. Through 5 innings we had a 1-0 lead. I had no idea how many runs I'd have to work with so, for me, I need to pitch shutout baseball. That puts pressure on yourself, at least that's what Johan Guerin told me in the 5th inning.

He noticed me sitting by myself at the end of the dugout while we were batting in the 5th. The guy is such a pro, he knew exactly what to say. Told me to forget about the streak. Focus on each pitch I throw. Make each one purposeful. He said 'if you do that, you got no worries, kid'.

Well, he was right. I cruised through the 5th then our guys posted a 3 spot in the 6th. 4-0 for us. Then a huge 5 run explosion in the 9th and suddenly everyone is loose, all smiles, and the Diamonds are winning another game.

I'm glad Skip let me finish it out. I ended up with 115 pitches. Since I am young they tend to pull me around 110 pitches. I gave up 1 walk and am happy with that. No issue with the 9 K's, either. That was sweet.
Attached Images
Old 04-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #31
stevem810
All Star Starter

Diamond Personnel Profile

Today we look at Johan Guerin, the pitching coach for the Diamonds. His personnel sheet provides the background information on Johan as well as his accomplishments over the years (see sheet).

Looking beyond the information included, what is it that makes this coach so successful? If you are going to be referred to as a 'legend', you better live up to it.

After six highly successful years with the Montreal Royal organization, missing the post-season only once, he opted to leave and sign with the Diamonds. Never having been on a Royal team with a losing record, and with one championship under his belt as well as five playoff appearances, he chose to leave Canada and take his skills to Martinique.

Johan has mentioned in the past that he saw a tremendous opportunity to work with younger players who were still developing. The Montreal staff was pretty well set, so the challenge of young arms like Henri, Bour, and Burke was too much to resist.

After inheriting a 3.47 ERA, Johan's teams went on to post 2.84 and 2.48 ERA's, in that order. Now, in 1967, the pitchers are on a pace to shatter all FBL pitching records with their 1.70 ERA.

Guerin understands the framework that surrounds his pitchers better than maybe any other PC in the league. It's not always about mechanics, he often points out. "Sometimes you have to take a pitcher aside and find out what they are thinking. Or, what their approach is to their pitching they are taking. Is a player pressing? Are they fatigued? Or, maybe just distracted. I watch my pitchers closely while they are on the mound and in the dugout. It's not a one size fits all situation. Some you have to approach softly, while others need a challenge."

GM Meyers has often said that Guerin is irreplaceable. A vital cog in the Diamond process that too often goes unnoticed.
Attached Images
Old 04-21-2019, 06:06 PM   #32
stevem810
All Star Starter

Verrier says, 'Enough'!

Tossing his 4th straight strong game, Sebastian Verrier shut the Le Diamant Diamonds down in emphatic style. Seven strong innings, 3 hits, 1 walk, and 3 K's led the way for the Orchids as they won 3-0.

Verrier is not the most popular guy in the Nice dugout, but, he does come to work ready to perform when its his turn on the hill. The 29 year old has a lifetime 16-11 record. He has a 75% average in Quality Starts this season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-22-2019, 05:37 AM   #33
stevem810
All Star Starter

College Prospect hits the Radar

At 21 years of age, there was little reason to follow Adrien LeRoy, a student ball player at Grenoble College who born in Epinay-sur-Ogre, ILE. He could hardly find the plate all year long. His 1966 statistics were frightening, for lack of a better word.

At age 22, something changed. His control flipped the switch in very remarkable fashion. Extraordinary, really. Suddenly, he was all about the K's and not the W's. His velocity jumped from 93 to 95. Now, with a microscopic 0.67 WHIP scouts have their eyes on him for the upcoming draft.

Caveat Emptor may rear its ugly head. As much as the numbers speak to the baseball organizations, so does the injury log. The kid has had all kinds of problems staying on the field. Many think this reason alone may push Adrien deeper into the draft, maybe as late as the third round.

For those unafraid to take a risk there may be dividends up ahead.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-23-2019, 01:46 PM   #34
stevem810
All Star Starter

From the College Scouting Report Notebook

Oliver Roux is a native Guadeloupian (french speaking) and at 20 years of age is attending the university at Reims in France. Roux, is best described off the field as 'curious, and always asking questions'. That may explain his interest in the pursuit of his law and economics degree.

On the field, he is known as a dedicated, hard working, and evolving impact second baseman. He has put up some gaudy numbers in the collegiate circle to back that up. In the classroom his 3.8 GPA is equally as impressive.

Oliver has not decided whether or not to pursue baseball after graduation. His passion for helping out in the public sector may overrule his desire for fame, and no doubt fortune, on the ball field.

One thing is for certain, there will be plenty of demand for his services upon graduation. Clearly, a possible overall #1 pick in the draft.

The Scouting Report lists Roux's talents with his peers first, then, a projection on how he compares to the overall baseball level in the Francais Baseball League. Lastly, a photo of the university that his is presently attending.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #35
stevem810
All Star Starter

My June 2 Outing

Okay, so this was big. We came out of the dugout to play and it was like a din of crazy fans. Second place, Le Morne Rouge, the final game of the set and it was crazy. We were going for the sweep. Over 22,000 waving those zany toucan's on a stick that they handed out before the game. The Toucans finally have a good team and the fans are loving it.

Up here high in the rainforest it is absolutely beautiful. When you look on the field you can see Mt. Pierre over left center. Usually, the stands are sort of empty. Not tonight, it is 'beat the Diamonds night' in their minds.

After last season this team is used to big crowds, big games, and big moments. I actually drew energy on it. It was a thrill to lead Le Diamant to such a convincing win. I'll say this, during the middle and late innings you could almost hear a pin drop.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 04-25-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #36
stevem810
All Star Starter

July 1

The Diamonds came down to earth in June but still had a good month going 15-10, their lowest winning percentage, so far.

Highlights of the month included shutouts in 4 of the first 7 games, including back to back on June 7 and 8 (Bour and Burke).

Herve DeLage is back in the line up and currently on a 6 game hitting streak (11 hits) upping his average to .284.

Diamond Ace Vic Cosman, winner of the FBL best pitcher award in 1965, is threatening to win it, again. He is 10-4 with a 1.24 ERA.

Lowlight was Marseille Soleis sweeping Le Diamant at the Ballpark of Marseille. The Soleis boast the second best record in the FBL and are a likely candidate for the Championship finals. Marseille has one title.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #37
stevem810
All Star Starter

Vic Cosman

Ok, Vic Cosman. I can't help but write about him in the journal. If you asked me who leads the club he'd be my answer. A lot of people look at Faure our catcher as the team leader. Maybe it's because I pitch that Vic catches my attention more. He such a consummate pro...goes out there every 5th day and does nothing but win. I mean, he has not had a losing season in his career in the FBL. And, on our team, that is impressive. It's no secret how Le Diamant was a doormat the first four years.

Cosman has a career WHIP under 1.00. I actually kept his 1965 baseball card when he won the Pitcher of the Year Award. I just checked his WHIP in the stats page and he is experiencing a career best 0.76 at the moment.

He's not much of a hitter but he did go yard in 63. Wish I would have been here to see it.

One of his pitches that I'd like to master is the change up. He is just a touch behind Burke and Watts, who are considered to have the best change ups in the FBL. I guess it's delivery that makes it work. I can't see any difference in his motions between the fastball and the change up. There are a lot of guys who throw harder than Cosman (92-94), but, few have his accuracy.

Cosman's last year of arbitration is coming up so the team will have to make a decision on securing him or letting him go. I kid around with him sometimes and ask him how much he thinks he'll get in free agency. He told me that 6 figures, maybe $100 K might be the going rate. That is a lot of francs to a guy making $11 K a year.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 04-28-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #38
stevem810
All Star Starter

More Cosman

Cosman's year and career stand out on a number of levels. Let's look at both his current year and his career arc.

Whether he wins or losses, he is close to the automatic P.O.G. He has 19 of them in his 22 starts. At 15-4 he is on his way to a 20 win season. He was 18-3 last year and the Pitcher of the Year.

The other interesting facet of Cosman's career is that he was not very successful at the minor league level. The only level he turned in an ERA below 5.54 was single A with the Basse Pointe Bandits. Even at the age of 26 he had an ERA north of 5.50 in Double A with the Le Vauclin Parrots.

It's only when he turns 27 that he begins to blossom, and then at the FBL level. In other words, he never had as much as an average year in the minors. He would have always been in the lower half of the performers.

Some organizations may have given up on their starter with those stats. All the way through AA, age 26, there were not any real indicators that his performance was about to change. But, the scouts saw something that prompted him to select in the first round of the initial draft, at pick 6.

The Scouting Report is included that depicts his initial rise, fall, and then rise.
Attached Images

Last edited by stevem810; 04-28-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:50 PM   #39
stevem810
All Star Starter

K Time...looking at 1000, baby

Being a young league the Hall of Fame is but a wish list to all but a few (the planners are thinking about it). Even records, don't have the depth that an established league can boast. The MLB uses 3,000 hits and 300 wins as two of their 'imaginary' threshold lines for consideration for both Pitchers and Hitters.

The FBL is about to have it's first 1000 K pitcher. That pitcher, barring an injury, will be Paul Harris of the Soleis. No longer a Starter, Paul's love of the game, and a decent pay check, keeps him active for Marseille who is pretty certain to reach the post-season, again.

Former Le Diamant pitching standout, Sebastian Vautier is on that prestigious list. Vautier is having another standout season for the Artists in the City of Lights. Although, in his case, it more like 'lights out'.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 04-28-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:38 PM   #40
stevem810
All Star Starter

Luis Sanchez SP

Luis Sanchez looked like a veteran the way he managed his pitches (just over 100) as he dissected the Nice line-up with such precision. He helped extend the Diamonds win streak to 10.

Luis has bounced around from AAA to Le Diamant, having spent more time in AAA. On some teams he'd be middle of the rotation.

Sanchez came to Le Diamant in a trade back in 1962 with Giverney. At the time Schmitt, the player going to Giverney, had an OPS over 1.000. The Diamonds were going nowhere, so the trade helped both teams. Schmitt, at age 34, is still playing solid ball for the Herons.
Attached Images
Image Image Image