Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #201
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 6 Write up and Game 7 Preview

It will be Bour on the mound for Le Diamant against Brandon Briere. Brandon went 8 innings in the first game against Le Diamant and was strong until yielding two runs in the 8th allowing the Diamonds to win a close one, 3-2. Robert Bour went 7.1 innings to win that game.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:01 AM   #202
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game 7

The Snake Eyes came to the park ready to play as they out hit the Diamonds and the argument could be made that they out pitched them, too. What they did not do was outfield them.

Quebec lost their SP, Brandon Briere, to injury in the 3rd inning. He had not given up any hits. His replacement, Angel Lepine worked 3 innings only yielding a single to Le Diamants SP Robert Bour. The next Snake Eye pitcher worked a single inning without giving up any hits.

But, an unearned run in the bottom of the 3rd combined with Pierre Sanchez's 2 run single, AND the pitching of Robert Bour, all added up to Le Diamant's 4th championship and the first one without Julien Henri as part of the team. Laurant Mercier was the Series MVP.

At 90-48 the Diamonds clearly are deserving FBL champions.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 09-10-2019 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:50 AM   #203
stevem810
All Star Starter

Awards Part One

Here are the major award winners including Vic Cosman who snared his 3rd Most Valuable Pitcher Award and our own Julien Henri who, in addition to capturing the Silver Slugger for Pitchers, has won another MVP award. Julien has now won this award twice.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #204
stevem810
All Star Starter

Awards Part Two

Delage and Henri form the nucleus of the Artist team and the league voters acknowledged as much with their selections.

Cosman and Bour on the same team is almost criminal when you consider that the supporting cast behind them is as strong as they are. Cole Burke tied for 2nd in the voting and we all remember he is just one year removed from the Diamonds opting to sign a free agent contract with Ottawa. It's clear that the addition of Burke to the Snake Eyes was critical in bringing them to within one game of the championship. How they would have loved to have him start game 7. Pitching wins is the old saying and Le Diamant is the poster team for the old adage.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-10-2019, 10:41 PM   #205
stevem810
All Star Starter

Paris making off season headlines!

The Paris Artists were on record as wanting to 'go big' this off-season Still in the month of October the Artist organization have landed two monster players to long term deals.

Laurant Mercier is unquestionably the higher risk because of age and injury issues, but there is no disputing current skills, popularity within the league, and the leadership he will bring to the dugout.

In Mattheu Michel Paris has acquired the 'best darn hitter' in the FBL, according to Julien Henri. Michel and Henri have been team mates throughout their Le Diamant careers and many think it was Julien's influence that helped land Mattheu in Paris.

At the same time negotiations reportedly were super smooth. Both players made their demands known and Michel got exactly the asking price. With respect to Mercier, he met his yearly salary goal and settled for two less years on the deal.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #206
stevem810
All Star Starter

First 4 games of Spring Training

The spring effort for Paris has been on integrating all the new pieces into the fabric of the team. Mercier, who shifted to RF several years ago to make room for Delage at 3b while in Martinique has been fielding balls and playing 3b. With the addition of Matthieu Michel the outfield is well staffed as Henri, Juhan are seasoned pro's who were already established, leaving youngsters Groenfield, Yamada, and Boisson to compete for the 4th and 5th spots.

The early take on the revamped offense is that it will score runs. The larger concern is the starting pitching. The available players in the free agent class did not offer up any sure bets so Paris took the offensive minded approach and signed the former Le Diamant sluggers Mercier and Michel.
Attached Images
Old 09-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #207
stevem810
All Star Starter

1971 Season Opening Day Preview

The Paris Artists will head into the 71 season armed with their new offensive weapons and the predictions of some that pit the Le Diamant Diamonds against the Paris Artists in the post-season, if all follows the plan. Which it rarely does.

But, it's hard to not get excited about a regular season series between the Diamonds and Artists let alone a Championship Series. The clubs are intricately connected by virtue of the players that have played for each franchise as well as both franchises.

Both of these distinguished teams made a Spring Training Statement, if that is possible, by winning the most games. Le Diamant will be going for their 5th title (in a 6 year window) and Paris is seeking their first. The Artists put together back to back first place finishes that notably were their only winning seasons in the history of the FBL.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #208
stevem810
All Star Starter

From the Journal of Julien Henri

April 1, 1971

I can hardly believe it. It was just last fall that I watched Le Diamant celebrate another championship. The fourth in five years, but, the first one without Herve and I. Once we were eliminated I was pulling for the guys to win it as there was no way I wanted to see the Snake Eyes win it.

Yet it was bitter sweet when the Diamonds finished them off in seven. Yes, I was happy, but, oh how I wanted to be in that locker room. Nothing can beat the feeling of holding the Francais Baseball League trophy in your hands.

I don't deny that the Most Valuable Player Award was nice, but it can't touch the accomplishment of a championship. The award is a bunch of writers deciding who is the best. The players know that the on the field last game of the year, 'last man standing' is what it's all about.

My goals are simple for this season. I want to stay healthy, pitch every 5th day, or whenever called upon, up my offensive numbers, but, above all, it is to be the the 'last man standing'. My dream would be to pitch game 7 of the championship.

Getting back to the part that I can't believe. When I woke up last fall and read we signed both Laurant and Mathieu, my mind was blown. Mathieu and I practically grew up together in the FBL and I learned so much from Laurant about leadership, maturity, and how to win ball games. The guy competes at such a high level. Looking out on the field and seeing him in RF, or 3B, wherever, just inspires you to play your best.

All spring with Herve, Mathieu, and Laurant in the same line up I felt like we were going to win every game. Coming to the park is going to be so much fun. I don't talk to the press about it, but last year was a downer. I mean the team made the best of it as we did make the playoffs. During the waiver fiasco the team just seem to slump. Thankfully, Mr. Rambaud intervened just in time and I stayed an Artist.

But, that's in the past and along with getting the two former Diamonds, I'm looking forward to another year of Juhan in RF. He hit .293 with 10 homers, but it was his defense that sparkled. He's at his best in RF covering ground, but he also nailed 12 base runners from the CF position.

Bob Proust will probably spell Laurant at 3b and play some 1b, too. He's probably too good to not play every day so it will be interesting to see what BC Joel Meyer does with his 16 HR bat. Like I said, too good to ride the pine.

Fabrice Nicolle had a 2.80 ERA and went 9-9 for the Golden Orioles in AAA. This guy had four appearances in S.T. and he didn't give up any runs. He didn't give up any hits! So, yeah, I'm looking to see him at the mid-rotation/bottom sooner than later. He can really give this team a boost. He brings it at 96-98, too.

Tony Escudero is considered our #1 pitching prospect. He's just 21 and wasn't invited to spring training. But, it's possible we may see him when rosters expand, at least that's what I hear. Tony had 3.86 ERA in 18 games and definitely works deep into most games. 92-94, over the top, and he gets a lot of ground balls. So, yeah, looking forward to seeing him, too.

Well, we play Le Mourne Rouge later tonight in Martinique. We expect a lot of fans from the Le Diamant area to make the drive up to Le Mourne Rouge to see the former Le Diamant players in uniform.

I had a pretty good spring on the mound so the team is going to have me pitch the opener. Awesome, I say, just awesome.

Just realized it was eleven years ago today that as a 16 year old I was ranked the #1 prospect of the FBL. Wow.
Attached Images

Last edited by stevem810; 09-12-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #209
stevem810
All Star Starter

Le Morne Rouge brief history

The ball players like to play the Martinique games in Le Morne Rouge as it is adjacent to the highest point on the island. Cooler weather prevails although games are often interrupted by tropical type rain showers that come and go in a matter of minutes.
Attached Images
Old 09-12-2019, 11:24 PM   #210
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Opener in Paris

The Parisian 28,000+ fans watched their remade Artists go to work on the Toucans as they methodically took command of the game eventually turning a close contest into one that was comfortable. Paris wins 6-1 behind a 12 hit attack.

Julien Henri stole the show with his fine 7 innings of work that could only be outdone by his bat as he batted in the first three Artist runs with a two run triple in the right field corner and a single up the middle.

With the two run cushion the rest of the bats kicked in as Matthieu Michel had a 3 hit day while Laurant Mercier went 2 for 2 with 3 walks.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-14-2019, 10:30 PM   #211
stevem810
All Star Starter

Le Diamant comes to Paris

The Diamonds, and their stellar pitching staff, arrived in Paris to begin a three game set knowing they would be facing four batters who were formerly an integral part of their championship teams. Delage, Henri, from two years ago trade, and Mercier and Michel free agents who inked contracts in Paris over the off season.

All the scoring was done in the bottom half of the first as Nicolas Masson, free agent signing of Paris, put up goose eggs on the Le Diamant scoreboard all night long. 26 year old Melvin Roux was equally tough except for the fateful first inning.

The graphic illustrates the effect of the former Le Diamant players Michel, Mercier, and finally Henri who capped the scoring with his 2 run homer to left center.

The Artists are now 4-0 on the year and probably feeling pretty good about their off season acquisitions. Delage is off to a 1 for 16 start, but new comers Mercier (.538) and Michel (.389) are walloping the ball. Julien Henri with his .462 average is seemingly on a mission for another MVP award.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-14-2019, 10:35 PM   #212
stevem810
All Star Starter

Nicholas Masson

Masson was signed as a 36 year old free agent from Cap Chevalier this winter as sort of #4 type guy in the starting rotation. Paris was desperate to replace Kym in the rotation (5.57 ERA) and Nicholas fit the bill to bring up the bottom of the rotation along with Hubert Rivet. So, it was surprising to see him come up so big against Le Diamant in his first start. A 9 inning shutout effort was only topped on how easy he made it look.
Attached Images
Old 09-15-2019, 10:18 PM   #213
stevem810
All Star Starter

Anyone see this coming?

Calling Christopher LeRoux a 'journeyman' would be an exaggeration. The 35 year old from Cilaos, Martinique didn't even reach the FBL until three years ago, age 32. He pitched a total of 4 games. Next season, 1970, he worked 12.1 IP with a 1.86 WHIP.

Here we are in 1971 and LeRoux gets the nod against Cap Chevalier in Le Morne Rouge, the second career start for Christopher. He completely dominates the Waves, pitches a CG, allows 3 walks, 0 hits, and ends up with a no-hitter and 4-0 win.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #214
stevem810
All Star Starter

Henri and the Artists off to a bang bang start

Paris easily disposed of Le Diamant in a 3 game set as they began the season 6-0. Le Diamant is sort of the litmus test for teams trying to gauge their chances at a title. Paris finished off the 9 game all Martinique schedule winning two of three from the Waves. So, 8-1 against the traditionally tough Martinique franchises.

Saint-Michel visited Paris and the Artists have won the first two games to post a current record of 10-1. Julien Henri has been no small part to the successful start as he is pitching as well as he is hitting.

Mercier and Michel are fueling the potent Artist offense with their lethal batting weapons. No wonder Le Diamant won so many titles with these two guys in the lineup.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-17-2019, 11:16 PM   #215
stevem810
All Star Starter

College Scouting Report

The Parisian College Season is well underway as the teams will compete until late in May. It's always hard to predict future stars from the collegiate ranks, especially pitchers, but the scouts are paying attention to a few that are featured below.

Statistical samples are small, but these three students have clearly dominated.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-18-2019, 10:36 PM   #216
stevem810
All Star Starter

Power Outage?

It's strange to see #99 of the Expedition without power numbers. The first place Ottawa Expedition (12-7) have put together an excellent start without much help from their biggest bat, 27 year old Xavier Rolland. After 80 PA's, and 71 AB's, Xavier has neither a home run or a triple, and just 4 two baggers. His SLG average is .352. More importantly, his w/obp is .316, far below his career average of .391.

With 3 SP's on the injured list along with two SS and an OF, the Expedition are hoping Rolland can return to his old ways.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-28-2019, 10:42 PM   #217
stevem810
All Star Starter

Rolland, update

Xavier has finally broken through on extra base hits after struggling for much of the early part of the season. He's tallied three triples and three homers, of late.

Looking at his batting average, alone, it would be easy to acknowledge that he is having a good season with the bat, using .300 as the threshold. If not for a pinch hit appearance (0 for 1), he would be riding a 16 game hitting streak. Yet, for a player like Rolland who customarily bats clean up, his early numbers are a far distance from his career ones.

At 27 years of age it's not anticipated that he will not return to form. Here is the update for Xavier.
Attached Images
Old 09-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #218
stevem810
All Star Starter

Julien Henri Pitching update

Henri has been solid on the hill for the Artists. Some of his stat categories are actually a touch better than the previous two seasons. At the same time, he's been benefiting from an extremely low BABIP. It would be realistic to surmise that some of those balls that have been turned into outs will start to drop for hits at some point.

The latest effort for Julien extended the Artist win streak to four games as they beat the Sting Rays in Paris for the second day in a row.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-29-2019, 11:51 AM   #219
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Artists head to Montreal for 3

Just two days past the age of 27, Julien Henri and the Paris Artists will head to Canada to take on the Montreal Royals, a team fighting for a post-season spot.

The Royals made the post-season 5 of the first 6 years, winning it all in 1963, but those glory days are long gone as they have been on the outside looking in, the last five seasons.

Daniel Tardeau, 35 year old SP, was the ace of that staff but has been injured (out 2 more days) with a disc problem. Tardeu moved on to Quebec for a number of seasons, but wanted to finish his career where some of his greatest moments as a player took place. His 1963 baseball card commemorating his P.O.Y. Award is included.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 09-29-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:16 PM   #220
stevem810
All Star Starter

The broom is out in Montreal

The Artists continued to roll and keep pace with the 'other' best team in the leage, winners of 7 out of 10, the Le Diamant Diamonds. Having won 8 of 10, and 8 in a row, Paris is now tied with Le Diamant for the best record in the Francais Baseball League, 32-19.

The Cap Chevalier Waves, on a 5 game skid, still occupy their customary place in the FBL wild card race, one game ahead of the surging Le Morne Rouge Toucans. 1961 was the only appearance in the post-season for the Toucans so they are pushing hard to earn that second appearance.

Here are the recaps from the Artist and Royal series:
Attached Images
Image Image Image