Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #3861
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Hey Charlatan. I actually listed it on the AH the other day and I think it's still there. I set it so it was at the lowest price on the list... about 85k/90k if I recall correctly. Whoever listed it first got lucky and sold for 99,999 PP.

I suspect that's out of your price range. We'll see what the market settles on as a price, and if that's more or less than the cost of acquiring the collection.

BTW I would have the Mize card as the worst of the lot you mentioned, unless your park is tilted towards lefty homers. Special Sisler as the best.
That is definitely out of my price range! I don't think I've had a team with more than 65k-ish PP ever.

My guess is that maybe the first of the SE Sisler cards sold for 99,999 and that's why the price is set at that level. I am skeptical that more will sell at that price but hey, you never know - plus as I've seen plenty of times, there are people who have a ton of PP and don't mind spending it.

Plus, it's been pointed out that there's a slight inflationary aspect in the AH, as people continue to earn PP and the influx of cards - especially historical cards - doesn't seem to keep pace. So while that price seems way high to me, maybe someday people *will* be spending 80 to 90k for that card.

As for the Mize card, while I don't want to get all involved in defending it, I expect it's rated higher than Sisler is because it destroys RH pitching, which you see more and more as you go up in levels. But at this point it's sort of an academic discussion since I'm never buying that card, and I do intend on getting the Sisler.

Good luck on selling the card. I'm definitely keeping an eye on it!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #3862
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Charlatan: Yeah if I don't get an outsized price I'll probably just keep the card. Would be a key piece of an Expos/Senators/Browns team I could run. That's the fun thing about running a collector team, can switch it up any time. Sisler would be perfect on the Vikings but unfortunately I can't transfer him.

The Cowboys are doing OK in Perfect, above .500 this year and an outside shot at a wildcard spot. But PP generation is very slow. The only PP I can really gain comes from selling cards, so I've let go most of my reserves and am hungrily gobbling up any spare PP. The historical cards I list seem to sell pretty fast... the market for them must be getting pretty scarce.

Gold historical relievers are going for 7,000+ PP now... I don't even want to check on the Diamond ones.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #3863
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
I have a ton of gold rated players and I have a lifetime record of 1536-1327 however, I get very few gold level achievements and in several past years, never see one!

It must be something I am doing or not doing to cause my troubles however, I have no clue where to even start!

And yes, even though I am stuck "down in the cellar", on average, I do see a very good amount of game generated PP which sure helps offset my team's lack of League Level promotions.
Man, I am truly amazed that you are 1536-1327 and still in Iron. I will need to dedicate some time this weekend to study your Mudville.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #3864
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
It is very surprising to be stuck down there for so long. Makes my 9 (soon to be 10 weeks) at silver look like nothing. Usually you only see the abandoned clubs stay at iron for an eternity, and even then they fluke a promotion once in awhile.
Stephensville actually spent 3 seasons in Bronze before being relegated back to where they belong. They've never won 100 games, though the last two seasons have been very good.

Mudville, on the other hand, has two 100-win seasons in Iron, yet they are still stuck. I think if they get to 20 seasons in Iron, the developers should rename it the Mud Level.

Stephensville's problem is a lack of pack-luck. I've avoided the Auction House for the most part, and used my PP to rip packs...with the expected results.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:36 PM   #3865
Magus978
All Star Starter

I need to report an accidental infraction on the Blitzkrieg Boppers. I had forgotten to replace Jose Canseco after selling him, and it played a live player, Ty France, in one OL game, a 9-1 win vs Port Ruppert as a pinch-hitter.

I am formally forfeiting that game in the OL standings as a self-punishment. It's up to the powers that be if they wish to take more action, whatever which I welcome and accept. It's up to me to be more alert when I sell a player to make sure a live doesn't get shoved in its place. Even someone as brilliant as me is not immune to these mistakes.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 07-26-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:01 PM   #3866
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Magus978;4519563]I need to report an accidental infraction on the Blitzkrieg Boppers. I had forgotten to replace Jose Canseco after selling him, and it played a live player, Ty France, in one OL game, a 9-1 win vs Port Ruppert as a pinch-hitter.

I am formally forfeiting that game in the OL standings as a self-punishment. It's up to the powers that be if they wish to take more action, whatever which I welcome and accept. It's up to me to be more alert when I sell a player to make sure a live doesn't get shoved in its place. Even someone as brilliant as me is not immune to these mistakes. [/QUOT

Forfeits seem like more work to keep track of than I'm willing to do. I'll just remove that game from the standings completely, which is how we've handled it in the past. Thanks for mentioning it. Hmm, for punishment you have to wait another season to pull your team out of OL. Just kidding.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 07-26-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:45 PM   #3867
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I think as punishment you need to post a baseball-themed limerick!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:36 PM   #3868
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I think as punishment you need to post a baseball-themed limerick!
Will a hymn to the tune of "Saints go Marching In" do?

*clears throat*

Ohhhh, the Patriots came marching in to play this baseball game!
They came and fought, but all they did was lose for all the day!
But during the storm, they didn't hide!
Yes during the storm, they wasted their time!

...And we all came crashing down, face down, to the ground, in the rain!

<boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom>

Last edited by Magus978; 07-26-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:18 PM   #3869
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Will a hymn to the tune of "Saints go Marching In" do?

*clears throat*

Ohhhh, the Patriots came marching in to play this baseball game!
They came and fought, but all they did was lose for all the day!
But during the storm, they didn't hide!
Yes during the storm, they wasted their time!

...And we all came crashing down, face down, to the ground, in the rain!

<boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom>

I thought it was your punishment not ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:30 PM   #3870
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I thought it was your punishment not ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I decided to spread the love

Old 07-26-2019, 10:38 PM   #3871
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Good luck on selling the [Sisler] card. I'm definitely keeping an eye on it!
Checked my account just now and my Sisler sold for 89,500 buy-it-now.

After the baseball gubmint takes its cut, I'm left with 80,550 PP. But still, I've never had so much... don't even know what to do with it!
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #3872
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Checked my account just now and my Sisler sold for 89,500 buy-it-now.

After the baseball gubmint takes its cut, I'm left with 80,550 PP. But still, I've never had so much... don't even know what to do with it!
I never have that problem.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:49 PM   #3873
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

In Diamond .361 teams must be wondering who these OLers are. We are dominating the league by leading five of six divisions and only one game out of the other.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:14 AM   #3874
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Stephensville actually spent 3 seasons in Bronze before being relegated back to where they belong. They've never won 100 games, though the last two seasons have been very good.

Mudville, on the other hand, has two 100-win seasons in Iron, yet they are still stuck. I think if they get to 20 seasons in Iron, the developers should rename it the Mud Level.

Stephensville's problem is a lack of pack-luck. I've avoided the Auction House for the most part, and used my PP to rip packs...with the expected results.

I blame the low drop rate of non-LIVE cards.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:15 AM   #3875
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I blame the low drop rate of non-LIVE cards.
They really need to fix that. I play ESPN fantasy baseball already. I don’t need Live Cards.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:25 AM   #3876
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
They really need to fix that. I play ESPN fantasy baseball already. I don’t need Live Cards.
I can't emphasize this enough.

Short of increasing the historical rates, would be nice to have a pack special that guarantees at least one historical.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:42 AM   #3877
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
In Diamond .361 teams must be wondering who these OLers are. We are dominating the league by leading five of six divisions and only one game out of the other.

Very great to see.

As Kushiel suggested....if you can’t beat them, join them !!!
I really hope we get enough teams together to fill a league on each level.

It was really a great move by the developers to allow 3 teams so players can have a variety of teams (free to fully funded).

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:36 AM   #3878
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Pablo Takes its Turn Atop OL S320

The Pandas went 8-3 to grab the lead in the chase for the crown. The biggest news, however, was Chi-Town's slump, which winnowed the field of realistic contenders to seven. Hampton Roads had the best sim yesterday, going 11-3. There are a slew of games left, with many of the contenders facing off, so it should be a fun race.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-27-2019, 06:52 AM   #3879
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Remaining S320 Schedule

The final day of sims could turn out to be a real barn burner in the chase for the crown. Each of the top seven teams plays at least 15 OL games to close out the season. Asylum plays all of its remaining 28 games versus OL foes.

Asylum - 12 Home (H), 16 Away (A), 14 against Top 7 (T7)
CliffMarkle - 17 H, 5 A, 7 vs. T7 (all vs. Asylum)
Hampton Roads - 6 H, 14 A, 9 vs. T7
Pablo - 6 H, 13 A, 10 vs. T7
Port Ruppert - 6 H, 9 A, none vs. T7
Redmond - 9 H, 13 R, 9 vs. T7 (all vs. Sad Hill)
Sad Hill - 13 H, 6 A, 9 vs. T7 (all vs. Redmond
Old 07-27-2019, 06:56 AM   #3880
Edster007
All Star Starter

Bronze Update

Corinth takes over first place by percentage points over Philadelphia. With 19 OL games this month if either Corinth or Philly stumble Washington could cruise by them both. Corinth and Philly have not and will not meet this season. I thought I downloaded and saved the tie breaking rules but can’t seem to find them-If they could be reposted it would be great. If I should have to figure out run differentials I will need to do that early tomorrow as I work.

I’ve added an OL games remaining column on todays standings.

In Bronze play we have a great battle in the NC East with Woodinville holding a ½ game lead on Northborough. Washington and Corinth (who had 14 game winning streak yesterday) are cruising to division titles. Philadelphia after going 44-10 in May and June came back to the pack after going 28-22 in July and August but still hold a 7 game lead over Salem. The teams meet 7 times including a four game series to start the day today. O’Fallon is still clinging to a ½ game lead in the AC Central while the Rockin’ Robins lead the NC West by 4.5
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote