Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #21
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
So in commissioner mode we can't make trades as we see fit? Say for example Crosby gets traded tomorrow in real life. There's no way to update the roster to reflect that?
Move the players with the player editor.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:26 PM   #22
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How is the Historical Mode?
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:33 PM   #23
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Move the players with the player editor.
Not sure how to do that. How do you get to the player editor?
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #24
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
You have to be in commissioner mode, then the editor shows up.

Either select it on your starting manager screen, or go to "manager" > "manager options" then check the commissioner mode box.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 09-28-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #25
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thanks guys.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #26
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Go to the roster page of each team(in commish mode) and click on the players name. You will see an edit tab at the top right hand side. You can move the player to any team.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-28-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:53 PM   #27
landru22
Major Leagues

Tried fictional game. My impressions:

Some of the screens are a major improvement over FHM1, but there is still room for improvement. Plenty of wasted space on many screens (especially in standings page). I tried windowed mode and there are some areas where things are cut off, but still somewhat visible.

Finally, teams will lift the goalie when trailing late in a close game! Yes, I believe the game engine is a major improvement.

I expanded after the first season and there were only 8 total players taken in the expansion draft. The rosters of the expansion teams were filled out by free agents. Both teams were absolutely dreadful (28 & 29 points respectively).

Did not see where you can pick the amount of teams that make the playoffs. I searched everywhere on July 1st, but found nothing. Is the 16 team playoffs hard coded? Same with number of draft rounds. It appears that 7 is also hard coded.

I haven't tried being a GM or coach yet. That will be for another time.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #28
MXD
Minors (Double A)

First four days of training camp :
Brandon Dubinsky is done for season (11 months) for a fractured eye socket and Alexander Barkov suffered a career-ending concussion.
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:50 PM   #29
tward13
All Star Starter

Beautiful looking game. Started up a current league game with the Rangers. I;'ve been able to find everything without much searching.

Was questioning the game play as it seemed to be alternating between my first and third lines and took quite a few minutes to get the 2nd line in the game, but overall totals were OK.

No crashes or problems
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:19 AM   #30
Johnny93g
Minors (Double A)

Trade with Dallas
- To Detroit: Tyler Seguin
- To Dallas: Pavel Datsyuk, Zach Nastasiuk, 2nd and 7th (2016)

Trade with Tampa
- To Detroit: Victor Hedman
- To Tampa: Johan Franzen, 1st and 2nd (2018), 2nd and 3rd (2017)

Saw these posted in another thread.

Detroit is the human team. If it is really that easy to dump older players on the downside of their career for young franchise type stars, then I'm officially frightened to take the plunge. Yes, i realize trade AI is always a work in progress, but I can't see how either of these trades make any sense for Dallas and Tampa.
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:30 AM   #31
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Couple things so far that I miss are the Farm teams just showing up along side the roster lists, i think that space could easily have the AHL and ECHL farm teams quick linked there. Also it be nice on the player page to show the injury as well rather then just the roster list.(just saw where the injury shows up now on the player page).
Game plays very smoothly so far and is just miles ahead of the first game,great job all around.

Last edited by highheat42; 09-29-2015 at 01:54 AM.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:12 AM   #32
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonica View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Jeff. I have been following the enthusiasm from the testers and it definitely has made me more excited for the game.

I honestly look forward to reading good reviews and hope you guys have a successful game on your hands, as this would only be a good thing for me and anyone else who has been waiting for a good hockey manager game.
If you follow the EHM scene you should know who I am. I can tell you that at this point, FHM is pretty much at the same level as EHM.
BUT there is a point, EHM right now is kind of unplayable to me because Riz is still tuning the players progression as right now it's kind of annoying seeing professional players with 1s in key attributes and this may alter a bit my judice.
That being said, I prefer FHM's way of rating players to EHM's one. EHM's CA system is a bit cheesy, while FHM is better in assigning each player 5 different CAs and I think that this system is much superior and more realistic.
EHM, however, is "easier" to play (not easier as a game), but that's maybe just me being so used to it. EHM is also more polished in its play, in some details in the finances for example, but it has had more versions than FHM. EHM also has national teams, and to be frank I am not that interested in FHM right now because of this lack. FHM has more game modes, but frankly speaking I can't care less about other modes, I only play "modern" games.
The bottom line is that we have two very good games right now, both with good potential and both with outstanding features. Competition is always the best thing, and finally we have one. Both games should work very hard if they want to be the best.
To be honest, if I had to pick a superior game, right now I'd vote for FHM. Of course things can change if Riz will be able to work a bit on EHM and get it out of the EA stage.
But most important: BOTH GAMES MUST WORK ON THE KHL!!!!! The KHL simulation is good in both games, but both do lack a lot of details and polishing.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:01 AM   #33
jwr38
Minors (Single A)

So far I like the UI better than EHM though. On EHM it is very clicky. You have to click and re-click to do things. Makes the gameplay slower overall. EHM sims faster than FHM, even on my macbook when using virtual machine for windows.

FHM has slower simming but once you cut down on the playable leagues it does get faster (close to EHM).

The preseason is not really a preseason. Roster limit stays at 23 so you can't really see what players might fit where. FHM also picks the teams I have to play here too .... and the injuries you can have in preseason a big. I don't enjoy this part of the FHM game. To me pointless as I can't do the testing I would like.

The fog of war is okay. Stops you seeing the ratings and then you only get a general outline. Sadly it also stops you seeing your teams players ratings too. I would have preferred (an option at least) to be able to see the ratings more we scout players (and it gets better over time). Just blocking ratings all together is a real shame. Like in real life you can hear a player is good at offence, you scout the player and see where he is good.

Love the UI though. Makes this game so much easier to play on a laptop. getting around this game is quicker than EHM. There are some places that it makes you move and click (would be great for a close quick key for okay and cancel ...spacebar works to continue to next day) but overall I am finishing a day faster that EHM so I think overall I could finish a season quicker too.

Signing players seems to be cheaper too. Stamkos just signed for 7.4 million but only for 2 years which is also strange. This might not be true NHL (the cap doesn't change either, unless you go into commish mode) I prefer this anyway. Getting huge contracts all the time does take some fun out of it ... but tampa will be able to really build now bargain! I've found a few bugs in the money area of the game but nothing that is killer.

tactics .... clicking on each block tells you when the puck is here I want this player to be .... sounds cool. Wish there was a inter-scrimmage something where I could test these out. Right now I am just shooting in the wind. Not sure what EA stands for .. help would be welcome.

When new rosters come out for EHM I am going to do a side by side play of the penguins. I will time myself to finish a season or 2 and see how well I did. After that I will see which one I like the best.

Overall I am enjoying it. No killer bugs so far. I like FHM better than EHM currently but that is down to the UI. For fictional leagues I think FHM is the best out there although for NHL ... that could still be debatable. Overall I am very happy with the game.

Last edited by jwr38; 09-29-2015 at 04:05 AM.
jwr38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:20 AM   #34
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

That's a bit of a downside for me that the training camp is only 23 players I would like to be able to invite non contracted players to camp to see how well they do in camp? Might still wait until a few patches come out until this is corrected
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #35
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwr38 View Post
Right now I am just shooting in the wind. Not sure what EA stands for .. help would be welcome.

Extra attacker.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #36
DWK
All Star Reserve

I had played EHL for a long time and didn't purchase FHM14 but with all the good reviews I figured I dive right into FHM 2

I'm very impressed, Good Job
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #37
Fifabing
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Trade with Dallas
- To Detroit: Tyler Seguin
- To Dallas: Pavel Datsyuk, Zach Nastasiuk, 2nd and 7th (2016)

Trade with Tampa
- To Detroit: Victor Hedman
- To Tampa: Johan Franzen, 1st and 2nd (2018), 2nd and 3rd (2017)

Saw these posted in another thread.

Detroit is the human team. If it is really that easy to dump older players on the downside of their career for young franchise type stars, then I'm officially frightened to take the plunge. Yes, i realize trade AI is always a work in progress, but I can't see how either of these trades make any sense for Dallas and Tampa.

Can't you adjust trade difficulty like you can in OOTP?

Does anyone know if that's an option?
Fifabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #38
djskek
Minors (Single A)

I will not yet buy the game because I do not agree with the pricing policy. The normal price of $ 39.99 is totally exaggerated. And the one-week discount of 25% I find ridiculous. The FHM 14 was a disaster. It would have been much fairer if all buyers of fhm14 would get the game for 20 euros ($ 22,40)

Last edited by djskek; 09-29-2015 at 10:34 AM.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #39
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifabing View Post
Can't you adjust trade difficulty like you can in OOTP?

Does anyone know if that's an option?
Not currently, no.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:53 AM   #40
Fifabing
Bat Boy

I didn't buy FHM14 due to reviews, etc. I will buy FHM2 as the reviews so far are that it's a lot better than previous version, plus I want to support the developer. OOTP has grown into a must buy game every year, and I want to see FHM do the same.
Fifabing is offline   Reply With Quote