Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #41
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Come on, with two years passed since the release of FHM1 nothing less should be the case
But we should take FHM at their word. Everything they have said has been so truthful.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:37 PM   #42
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFroese View Post
Good thing we have SI and EHM who handled this correctly. Does OOTP know that SI is giving EHM:EA users the new EHM game when it fully releases?
What have SI and EHM got right??? They have basically charged people who probably bought EHM 2007 again for that game with a few fixes, no new features, the same UI and what is still a very flawed game.

And yes I own a copy of EHM:Early Access before you ask so I know what it is like and it has been uninstalled due to my disappointment in the lack of progress since 2007.

Mario Lemieux - "Every day is a great day for hockey."
Old 09-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #43
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
But we should take FHM at their word. Everything they have said has been so truthful.
We understand, you're upset. But fact of the matter is no one is forcing you to pay for the new one and as all the reviews come out and players here give their critiques, those that were burned with FHM1 will see if FHM2 really is worth the price this go 'round before ever spending a dime.

They don't owe you or anyone else (myself included) who purchased FHM1 anything. The developers have a livelihood they deserve to earn for their hard work in making FHM2. If you don't like it then by all means skip FHM2 and miss out. You already seem set to do that anyhow so I don't get the point of your constant griping.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:42 PM   #44
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Come on, with two years passed since the release of FHM1 nothing less should be the case
I was no fan of FHM1 which I bought at beta stage so I needed a lot of convincing that FHM2 was going to be better. My opinion is based on testing the new game and it isn't just FHM1 with a few tweeks and fixes.This is an entirely new game that is in my opinion worth investing in.

In 8 years SI have just put out basically the same game with very little new. So those two years have been well spent.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #45
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
What have SI and EHM got right??? They have basically charged people who probably bought EHM 2007 again for that game with a few fixes, no new features, the same UI and what is still a very flawed game.

And yes I own a copy of EHM:Early Access before you ask so I know what it is like and it has been uninstalled due to my disappointment in the lack of progress since 2007.
I spent under $15 on EHM:EA knowing I was buying a game in beta and that if/when the game was fully developed I would be able to play it. I trust SI to come good on that in time.

I spent over $30 on FHM 1 while in beta expecting that I was buying a game in beta and when the game was fully developed I would be able to play it. 2 years later, I have been promised over and over again that I would get a playable version of FHM 1. It was never delivered. Now the game is being repackaged and re-released and I'm offered the same 25% off as Joe down the street. I took a chance on FHM 1 while it was in beta. My reward has been that my initial investment was flushed down the drain so developers could instead build a different game that they expect me to re-buy. If I'd bought FHM 1 after it came out of beta, I would say I have less of an argument. But I didn't. I bought the beta expecting something like FHM 2. That never happened. So as the consumer, I'm asking the manufacturer to come good on their promise. Honestly, I'm not concerned with the developers paychecks, that is up to OOTP to manage. I'm concerned with getting value for my money, which I have not received yet.

And no... I will not back down. I will only get louder.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:47 PM   #46
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Folk on this forum need to man up and stop crying about FHM1. Buy the new game or don't that's your choice. FHM1 was pretty bad but it was a necessary step to getting to where we are now, on the verge of a much improved and totally revamped game. Lessons were learned, apologies were made and more time was taken to produce FHM2. The development team and OOTP deserve some credit for getting things right this time not having to read this constant posted diarrhea about a game that is now two years old. Either climb on board and enjoy FHM2 or buy some tissues and move on.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:47 PM   #47
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
They don't owe you or anyone else (myself included) who purchased FHM1 anything. The developers have a livelihood they deserve to earn for their hard work in making FHM2. If you don't like it then by all means skip FHM2 and miss out. You already seem set to do that anyhow so I don't get the point of your constant griping.
WRONG. They owe everyone who bought FHM1 a playable game. What we bought. OOTP has not delivered.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #48
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Folk on this forum need to man up and stop crying about FHM1. Buy the new game or don't that's your choice. FHM1 was pretty bad but it was a necessary step to getting to where we are now, on the verge of a much improved and totally revamped game. Lessons were learned, apologies were made and more time was taken to produce FHM2. The development team and OOTP deserve some credit for getting things right this time not having to read this constant posted diarrhea about a game that is now two years old. Either climb on board and enjoy FHM2 or buy some tissues and move on.
Well said Sir
Old 09-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #49
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
WRONG. They owe everyone who bought FHM1 a playable game. What we bought. OOTP has not delivered.
It was playable - not good, but playable.....next one

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 09-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #50
mking55
All Star Starter

We all (or most of us) know that FHM1 was dreck (and I'm being pretty nice by just saying that).

So what? Life goes on. People are born, others die. I've thrown away money on other things and I've had wonderful surprises and huge disappointments.

The Beatles are not back together yet (I'm losing hope) and I have a choice. I can give these people more money and hopefully get a good game, or I can not give these people my money and stew in my own bitterness.

I think a key question is have they always thought they were working hard and developing something good? I believe they did and they do. I trust them. I'm sure if I don't like the game it won't be due to a lack of effort on their part. I'm sure that while they were developing V1 they weren't sitting there saying, "Boy, are we going to really rip them off".

For all of us who have tried our best and failed at a project, I believe these people deserve a 2nd chance. For all of us who only believe in perfection and have never failed and never thrown away money and occupy a different universe than I do (probably one where the Beatles did get back together), don't buy.

The end.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:31 PM   #51
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Alright, I'm going to close this. People from both sides have had their say and this is just going to get into flame wars and name calling a lot sooner than it will get to anything productive.

The fact of the matter is this ...

Yes, FHM 2014 was not a smooth release. Obviously there was never an intent to deceive or mislead people. A lot of things about the first release were regrettable. Lessons are learned and we move on. If you choose not to move on with the company over $30 poorly spent, that is your decision and you are entitled to it.

The fact is too, anyone who was extremely displeased with FHM 2014 and requested a refund was given one at the time.

Also, while the game had issues, to call it unplayable is a stretch. Plenty of people did play and get enjoyment out of it, and continue to. (I know as I get people who tag us on Twitter with screens, etc. from their games).

Whether or not you care about the developer's livelihoods, believe it or not, they kind of do. These aren't game creating robots, these are humans who have families and responsibilities and thus need to make money. It is their prerogative to make decisions on how much their games will cost and it is up to each customer to decide if they wish to pay that. None of them are happy that people weren't happy with FHM 2014. They want to make it right, they want to make a game everyone can enjoy. They also want to be able to make a living at this so they can continue to do this. Giving away the game for free to a vast majority of customers is not conducive to staying in business

Lastly, I would have thought Sebastian's response would have put to rest some of people's concerns when he clearly stated they tried to evaluate ways in which FHM 2014 buyers could get a discount of some sort, but it wasn't possible. I'll leave it below again for people to read once more.

Quote:

We also discussed to give all FHM 1 customers a discount for the second game but technically that is difficult. We sell the game through eSellerate and there we don't have any complete lists with former customers (at least not in a form that would work) and we sell through Steam. In Steam, it is theoretically possible to link it with another game (e.g. FHM 1) but not out of the box so Valve needs to set it up on a case by case basis. They told us that they had some unsuccessful tries in the past and don't want to do it at the moment.

So giving out a discount to everyone was the last option. And I think it is much better that way (everyone gets it) then punish the loyal fans by not giving a discount at all.

If someone needs longer then a week to decide, just wait for one of the sales later in the season to try it out. By then, everyone should get a pretty good opinion on the web about the game.
Closed Thread