Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #81
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Will there be more road to release articles before it's released?
There will definitely be much more information coming. We have preview copies out to reviewers now, so we expect those to roll in the next week or so.

There may also be some more official blogs too, depending how my other work goes in relation to the release.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #82
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
I know it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay early and you don't have to answer this but I hope this also means there's potential to carry over saved games into the new version a la OOTP.
I don't mind answering. I know FHM 2014 to FHM 2 cross-game saves weren't really ever considered, as it's a completely different game with a different engine and it just didn't make a lot of sense.

However, I know this is a feature that the developers would certainly love to have in the future. I can't tell you how much work that entails from a programming aspect and when that might be in place, but I know it would certainly be on the eventual to-do list.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #83
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I don't mind answering. I know FHM 2014 to FHM 2 cross-game saves weren't really ever considered, as it's a completely different game with a different engine and it just didn't make a lot of sense.

However, I know this is a feature that the developers would certainly love to have in the future. I can't tell you how much work that entails from a programming aspect and when that might be in place, but I know it would certainly be on the eventual to-do list.
Sounds good Cole. Yeah, seeing as the engine is entirely revamped I never would have thought FHM1 -> FHM2 would be possible but unless that happens again it seems more likely going forward.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #84
CPD
Bat Boy

Will there be a pdf instruction manual or something similar?..i hope to play fhm2 whilst i travel and am looking to create leagues, new players and get really into it..ive seen the pretty good pieces the development team have done on the game mechanics, its just accessibility(online) for me ..there is so much to it-if not, no worries, i'll find a wi-fi or similar
CPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #85
Peter-
Minors (Single A)

Oh I can't wait for the game to release! So excited and so tensed about it!!

Have some questions for you guys:
1. Will the game be available with Swedish language?
2. Will rosters in all leagues be the latest and the player attributes updated so they are as good as they are in real life?
3. Will the players have favorite teams/players/staff? And will this affect the players/staff-signing to clubs?
Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:59 PM   #86
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can this be purchased via a CD?
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #87
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Not been watching the Canadiens much?

Hey hey, don't be picking on my Habs...... at least the make the playoffs more then once a decade....
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #88
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Hey hey, don't be picking on my Habs...... at least the make the playoffs more then once a decade....
As do the Rangers these days
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:49 PM   #89
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

In OTP it's turned on and would like to do Geographical NHL structure like maybe New York Buffalo,Brooklyn,Rangers Atlantic Washington,New Jersey Pens Phil,Pittsburgh Centraleast Detroit,Columbus Florida Tampa Bay,Panthers Midwest Dallas,St.Loius West Coast Phoenix,Avs California LA,Ducks Canada and Boston would need a Division
How about Import Historical Team so like the Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Teams?
World Templates so we can Loaded them into like a 2015 League so like somebody created All-Time Greats and then Trading with other Leagues can happen like the All-Time Greats Pens have Traded Mario Lemieux to Red Wings 2015 League for Howard,Ericsson and so on?
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:08 PM   #90
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPD View Post
Will there be a pdf instruction manual or something similar?..i hope to play fhm2 whilst i travel and am looking to create leagues, new players and get really into it..ive seen the pretty good pieces the development team have done on the game mechanics, its just accessibility(online) for me ..there is so much to it-if not, no worries, i'll find a wi-fi or similar

Yes, there will be a manual.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:12 PM   #91
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter- View Post
Oh I can't wait for the game to release! So excited and so tensed about it!!

Have some questions for you guys:
1. Will the game be available with Swedish language?
2. Will rosters in all leagues be the latest and the player attributes updated so they are as good as they are in real life?
3. Will the players have favorite teams/players/staff? And will this affect the players/staff-signing to clubs?

1. The game is only available in English at this time.

2. Yes, our research team is doing their best to ensure rosters are up to date and as accurate as possible.

3. Players will have favorite teams that will impact signing choices. No to players having favorite staff, but there are plans for advancements in this area for the future.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:13 PM   #92
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Shero View Post
Can this be purchased via a CD?
No that's not an option.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #93
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Sorry if already mentioned somewhere and I missed it....

But if you buy the game from OOTP, will a Steam key also be given to us like the Baseball game? Or will they be completely separate purchases where we can only have one or the other?
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #94
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
3. Players will have favorite teams that will impact signing choices. No to players having favorite staff, but there are plans for advancements in this area for the future.
Interesting... is that something that's viewable or is it hidden? Does anyone know if OOTP has this feature too? Never heard that before. I like it.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:02 AM   #95
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
Sorry if already mentioned somewhere and I missed it....

But if you buy the game from OOTP, will a Steam key also be given to us like the Baseball game? Or will they be completely separate purchases where we can only have one or the other?
This year it's either the one or the other. However, in the future we will consider switching to the same way we handle it with OOTP, so with a pre-order where everyone who pre-orders via our webstore gets an additional Steam license.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #96
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This year it's either the one or the other. However, in the future we will consider switching to the same way we handle it with OOTP, so with a pre-order where everyone who pre-orders via our webstore gets an additional Steam license.
Ok, thank you.....and yes, that would be a great pre order incentive for buying it early.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #97
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We'll have the game available via our website (eSellerate), on Steam and the Mac OSX AppStore.
Question for Markus:

What is best for OOTP Developments, in regards to purchasing?

I know buying direct from the site you get all the profits, I am guessing steam you don't get the full amount but you can get the game noticed by more on there. So which is best?

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:33 AM   #98
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

You guys had to go and release this just as my semester started! REALLY!? Now how am I gonna balance teaching and playing FHM2!?

Owell, I guess I'll just have to fit my students in.... somewhere. I'm bound to take breaks from playing, right?
Old 09-06-2015, 03:41 AM   #99
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Hockey has much less "diving" ....
I don't watch soccer, but I find it hard to believe it is MUCH less. The NHL should have its own Raspberry Awards for some of the crappy acting the players attempt in trying to sell diving...

Come to think of it, the only sport I can think of that has more diving that hockey and soccer is, well, diving.... and that's not much more either.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:47 AM   #100
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will Franchise Hockey Manager 2 have the ability to change in game resolutions, or go full screen? I remember not being able to change the resolution of FHM 2014 or being able to toggle windowed/full screen options.

Also will there be much in the way of keyboard hotkeys for changing between screens?

Very excited for the release. Had to reinstall FHM 2014 to fill the gap between now and the 28th.
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote