Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #21
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I'm going to ask again.

Dual outfielder/reliever. Any tips?
And I'll remind you of the #1 ground rule listed in the original post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Hello all,

First off a few ground rules.

1) It is for the most part impossible to do it with anything other than a Starting Pitcher. (You must have control of when the player pitches)

!
MY only suggestion is use the Guy as a SP in the minors and pray he develops a 3rd Pitch (Provided that is his issue) or becomes good enough to be a 2 Pitch Starter.

Good Luck
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #22
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So that's how I became known as Painmantle to the point that my Friends even call me that or some derivative of the word "Pain" ...LOL
Thanks. Interesting derivative, although I prefer my interpretation!

Great thread, by the way. Fascinating stuff. I can't wait to try it out.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #23
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

This is probably my most successful Player to date in an online league. He is basically part of the Starting rotation now and only used Offensively in emergency situations since his Hitting Ratings stopped short of being good enough to really be a viable option. But he is still very promising as a Pitcher and young enough that a growth spurt could put him over the top either way

The good news is I have over 20 guys I'm working with in 4 online leagues...so hopefully I'll hit the lottery eventually
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 11-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #24
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Could you take a screen shot of the player you have mentioned with his Batting and Pitching stats? I would very much like to see his accomplishments.
I would if I could figure out how to post a screenshot.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #25
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
I would if I could figure out how to post a screenshot.
This is what I use, but I believe if you hit prntscn and then ctrl-v into irfanview, paint or some other program of that type it will work also.
last file listed.
Gadwin Systems, Inc. - Software for your business. DiagramStudio - program for create diagrams and flowcharts; GeForms - solution for design and filling forms, hundreds of free business forms.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #26
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1) It is for the most part impossible to do it with anything other than a Starting Pitcher. (You must have control of when the player pitches)
So I play him as a SP in the minors, then convert him to reliever in the majors? (I play out my major league games.)
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #27
Accipiter
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I had posted a question about how to pull this off, you referred me to this thread..great read. I decided to look through my league and found another guy that also can pitch & hit....he projects around a 3.30 era / .241 opponent average.....and a .999 ops. I'm trying to trade for him right now. I think I could turn him into a superstar on both sides..
Accipiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #28
le receveur
All Star Starter

thanks for the lesson. haven't found anyone yet. Did find an average reliever who actually who i am turning into a SS. I did however give him a start in September, and he went 6 inning 1ER 1BB 4K and got the win. he just doesn't have the stamina, but i will not hesitate to use him in case of need. now he needs to pick him SS stats. last guy i did this with, went from 20 errors in first year, to gold glove winner the next -(this is MY fun.... that and finding a knuckleballer out of the draft)
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #29
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

This is awesome! Thanks for the guide.

I'm in an online league and I recently drafted two position players.
One is a CF with 5/5/3//5/5 potential (2-8 rating scale).
The other is a 1B/LF with 6/7/7/5/6 potential.

But the CF's pitching potential is 8/5/6 and the 1B/LF has 7/6/6, lefty and throws between 98-100.

Right now, I've made the CFer a full time SP and the 1B/LF is going to be a full time position player.

If his hitting potential wasn't so great, I'd have no problems making him a full time hurler.

I'm still getting familiar with the OOTP application and I only play in my online league (no offline at all - no time).
My question is, if I don't work on my LF/1B's pitching, will his potential eventually dry up?
I was thinking if he couldn't get to the pro's in 4 years, I'd convert him to a pitcher.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #30
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

WOW, You are welcome!, You did some serious Searching for this thread! It laid dormant for over 3 1/2 years! Nice Find, wasn't expecting any more replies to this but I still had it subscribed to LOL
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 07-28-2017, 10:05 PM   #31
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
WOW, You are welcome!, You did some serious Searching for this thread! It laid dormant for over 3 1/2 years! Nice Find, wasn't expecting any more replies to this but I still had it subscribed to LOL
LOL, thanks.
Yeah, it took a bit of digging to find some info on this.
There have been a few two-way players in our league and I'm not sure anyone has mastered it properly yet.
Your guide is a terrific piece of info.
Thank-you!
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote