Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 03-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #41
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Round 3
Basilio’s putting the pressure on Leonard. He’s trying to close the distance. Carmen scores with a right to the head. So far, neither fighter has landing and big, big punches. Leonard circling… stops and changes direction – working the jab which is mostly missing right now. Basilio ducks beneath a Leonard combination. Ray drops a booming right hand that catches Basilio right on the button! Basilio took it well! Leonard with a combination. Basilio returns fire but Ray catches the punches on his gloves. Basilio lands a hook to the body. Basilio rips Leonard with a uppercut brought up from the floor!! Leonard clinches! I’m surprised that shot didn’t drop him! There’s the bell.

The war in underway!
Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #42
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Round 4
Basilio comes roaring out of his corner at the bell begins round four! Carmen scores with a hard combination. He’s bulling Leonard into the corner. Leonard lands a left. They tie up and Kessler separates them. Basilio lands an uppercut and they tie up again. Basilio and Leonard exchange right hands. The pace is slowing down a bit. Leonard doubles up on the left hook to the body. Basilio scores with a hook and Leonard fires of a combination to the head at the bell!

Neither fighter is showing a distinct advantage yet. Leonard is moving less. It’s hard to tell how the judges may be scoring this fight.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #43
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

I've got it. Simming on one computer, watching the fights on the other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWillisTheMan View Post
No mention from Angie about Carmen? Disappointing, War Basilio!

If you want to watch the ghost of Roy Jones, it's coming on that link.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:14 PM   #44
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Round 5

Leonard lands a hard snapping hook! Basilio nods. He felt that one! Neither fighter is marked despite some very solid punches that have landed. Basilio and Leonard trade big shots along the ropes!! Basilio with a whistling right hand splits Leonard’s gloves – landing with maximum impact! Now it’s Leonard smiling. He felt that one! Basilio straightens Leonard up with a hard uppercut!

Leonard ducks beneath a Basilio hook and explodes a right hand off Basilio’s midsection. Straight right hand from Leonard catches Basilio flush! A combination from Leonard. A right cross from Leonard! That punch froze Basilio momentarily as the bell ends round five!

Wait? That wasn’t the bell. Kessler thought he heard the bell and stopped the round early. They’re checking with the time keeper as Leonard and Basilio return to their corners. Yes, Kessler stopped the fifth round with eleven seconds remaining on the clock. Basilio was hurt, too. You’ve gotta wonder how this will play into the fight in later rounds?

Old 03-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #45
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Round 6

Leonard snaps off three quick shots. Carmen Basilio bobs and weaves his way through all three. They’re tied up again. The pace has slowed. Leonard lands a combination. Basilio returns fires – matching Leonard’s punch output. Ray Leonard up on his toes showing a lot of movement… a lot of angles. Basilio scores downstairs to the body. Basilio scores with a right hand. Leonard misses with a hook. They tie up again as the clock winds down to the end of the sixth round.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #46
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Round 7
Basilio’s on the move – pressuring Ray Leonard back into the far corner. Leonard snaps Basilio’s head with a nice uppercut! Basilio scores with a one, two, three – four punch combination!! Those shots landed flush! Leonard tries to tie Basilio up! He’s moving away now…
Basilio catches him with a right to the body! Leonard’s backed into a corner again. Basilio goes hard to the body with a crunching combination. The crowd’s on its feet! Basilio’s unloading some heavy artillery upon Ray Leonard! Leonard’s taking some shots! He spins Basilio and dances back to ring center. He’s waiving Basilio towards him. Leonard’s hanging out his chin – daring Basilio to hit it!

There’s the bell. Leonard’s smiling as he heads back towards his corner. I don’t know why. That was a big round for Carmen Basilio.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #47
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Round 8
Leonard and Basilio exchange some crisp punches in ring center. Before this fight, there had been talk of Basilio’s tendency to cut and swell at 160… but thus far, neither has been an issue. Leonard scores with a fast, snapping jab. Basilio guns hard to the body! They exchange punches along the ropes! Kessler comes to separate them as they tie up. Basilio hits Leonard on the break! Kessler is talking to Basilio! Basilio’s complaining about something. It looks like Ray may have said something to them in the clinch that he didn’t like!

Ray’s offering a glove. Kessler’s just giving a warning. Basilio’s saying something as the fighter’s touch gloves. They say that Ray’s All-American image/personality goes out the window when he steps into the ring. I guess they’re right.

Basilio and Leonard tear into each other with blazing punches in ring center!! The crowd’s on it’s feet again! There’s the bell!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #48
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Round 9
Basilio bangs Ray hard to the body. Leonard took those punches well, but those are the kind of punches that can take their toll by the championship rounds. Leonard explodes a huge right hand off Basilio’s chin! Basilio’s hurt! He’s backing up for the first time in the fight! A booming right hand down the center from Leonard! Down goes Basilio! Basilio caught that punch flush and stumbled forward to the floor!

Kessler moves over him and administers the count!

Basilio rolls over onto the seat of his pants and is pushing himself up to sitting position

Old 03-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #49
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Attached Images
Old 03-21-2009, 10:40 PM   #50
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

At the time of the stoppage, Leonard was ahead on two of the three scorecards...

4-3

4-2

2-5
Old 03-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #51
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Post-Fight

Absent from Ray Leonard's corner tonight - trainer Angelo Dundee. Ray told reporters a family emergency prevented Dundee from being present. (*in actuality, I forgot to assign him to Ray's corner as I was in a hurry to sim the fight!)
Old 03-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #52
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Billy Papke vs. Gorilla Jones

Billy Papke started fast and never looked back. Gorilla Jones, who held the Middleweight Title in the early 30’s, took 2 fights worth of punishment over the course of the 15 round bout, but managed to hear the final bell as he did in each of his other (approximate) 141 career bouts. “I just couldn’t my punches off,” Jones lamented afterward. “He hit while I was startin’ to throw, he hit me while I was chasin’ him, and he hit me when he was chasin’ after me. He hit me all damn night!”

(Papke W15 unan. 13-1-1, 12-2-1, 13-1-1)
Attached Images
Old 03-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #53
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

JJ
Question: “Stanley, you torched Marcel Thil in your first fight of the tournament like he was a dry piece of parchment. Who do you want to fight the most in this tournament and why?”

SK
Answer: “Well, Jim, I think I’d have to say Billy Papke.”

JJ: “Billy Papke? Why Papke?”

SK: “Cause he’s one guy I could never get tired of knocking out.”
Attached Images
Old 03-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #54
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Other Results

Ken Overlin vs. Paul Pender
(Overlin W15 Unan. 9-6, 8-7, 8-7)

Mike O’Dowd vs. Georgie Abrams
(Abrams W15 Maj. Dec. 10-4-1, 7-7-1, 8-6-1) Each fighter landed 344 punches!

*Reminder to "develop patch" for future All-Time Middleweight tournaments. Somehow, Georgie Abrams was invited and he didn't hold a title! Ray Robinson said, however, that Abrams gave him is toughest fight. Charley Burley will certainly not be happy about this one!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:21 AM   #55
Mad Bomber
All Star Starter

I would certainly have to echo the sentiments of Sugar Ray. If anyone that didn't hold the championship deserved to be in this tournament it was Burley.

There are three things that go on a fighter, first your reflexes go, then your chin goes, and then your friends go.

Willie Pep
Mad Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #56
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Bomber View Post
I would certainly have to echo the sentiments of Sugar Ray. If anyone that didn't hold the championship deserved to be in this tournament it was Burley.
At the conclusion of the 1st round of this tournament, Ray Robinson will be fighting a rematch with George Chip.

Many fighters made this tournament thanks to the existence of multiple titles. In Burley's case, I'm sure he would have held a title in his day had their been rival ratings bodies such as the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, IBO, etc.

That's one good thing about multiple titles. You can't freeze a good fighter out forever. Then, once he wins a belt, he go after the other belt-holders and unify the title.

I may just have Georgie Abrams and Charley Burley meet to see who fills the empty slot for the 2nd round of the tournament.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #57
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Jack (Nonpareil) Dempsey vs. Tiger Flowers

Jack Dempsey, behind on all three scorecards, scored a stirring 13th round knockout over Tiger Flowers in a great, action-packed fight. Dempsey controlled the first two rounds with powerful hooks to Flower's body which seemed to hurt on. In the third, however, Flowers began timing Dempsey's rushes with hard right hands that landed flush and appeared to hurt Dempsey on several occasions. Ahead on all three cards, Flowers and Dempsey stood toe-to-toe as fighters slugged it out. It appeared Dempsey was making a final stand. With 30 seconds remaining in the round, both fighters threw simultaneous left hooks. Dempsey's landed first. Flowers lay flat on his back and didn't even stir until Harry's Kessler's count reached 8. He looked up just in time to hear the last two seconds of his tournmant counted out.

(Dempsey KO13)
Attached Images

Last edited by Jersey-Jim; 03-25-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #58
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Roberto Duran vs. Vince Dundee

Roberto Duran stopped Vince Dundee at 2:37 of the 12th round. Harry Kessler waived the fight off when a bad cut was reopened over Dundee's left eye. From the onset of the matchup, it was all Duran. Duran boxed, slugged and controlled the pace of the fight from the opening round. By the 5th, it was evident that Vince Dundee didn't have a clue how to handle Duran's style. Duran was ahead by scores of 9-2-1, 8-3-1, and 7-4-1 at the time of the stoppage. Afterward, Dundee was shocked by the loss. "I can't believe I lost to this guy? The cut really bothered me. But it wasn't just that. I can't believed they stopped the fight? I was only stopped once in my career - and that was over 130 fights! I didn't feel right in there tonight. I think someone slipped a "mickey" into my food!"

(Duran TKO12)
Attached Images

Last edited by Jersey-Jim; 03-25-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #59
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

A few other matchups taking place in the near future.

Jake LaMotta vs. Ceferino Garcia

Marcel Cerdan vs. Rocky Graziano

Roy Jones, Jr. vs. William Joppy

James Toney vs. Alan Minter
Old 03-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #60
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

I'm jumping in - right in the middle of a fight already in progress.

Jake LaMotta is looked "average at best" against Ceferino Garcia. We're just entering the sixth round and there's only been one round that's clearly been LaMotta's (the 2nd).

Be back with round 6!