Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #1
potsey7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Suggestion for us that frequent this board

I dunno if this is appropriate so remove the thread if not! But to those of us that frequent this board, we should also make sure we are posting occasionally on OSports, Reddit etc all the great things about this game!! So many have become disillusioned at the lack of franchise progress in the other major baseball game out there....and the answer to their dreams is right here with OOTP! The more people we help realize that OOTP is the king of franchise mode the more people buy the game. The more people that buy the more resources Markus to develop. Win-win!

Last edited by potsey7; 03-01-2019 at 02:05 AM.
potsey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

this game is not for everyone though. i know people that play the show and feel the franchise mode there is deep but for me it wasnt deep enough and thats how i found ootp and i havent gone back. also a lot of the show players want to play the games, for me when i played i simmed over 95% of the time so the gameplay meant almost nothing to me but the vast majority of the show players players need gameplay. i do try to mention ootp whenever i can though
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:52 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsey7 View Post
I dunno if this is appropriate so remove the thread if not! But to those of us that frequent this board, we should also make sure we are posting occasionally on OSports, Reddit etc all the great things about this game!! So many have become disillusioned at the lack of franchise progress in the other major baseball game out there....and the answer to their dreams is right here with OOTP! The more people we help realize that OOTP is the king of franchise mode the more people buy the game. The more people that buy the more resources Marcus has to develop. Win-win!
Agreed! We definitely appreciate all the help we can get in spreading the word!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsey7 View Post
The more people that buy the more resources Marcus has to develop. Win-win!
Yes, but when you mention his name, make sure there's a "k" in there instead of a "c" because he deserves no less.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:03 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Yes, but when you mention his name, make sure there's a "k" in there instead of a "c" because he deserves no less.
Good point!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

since we get to potentially mess with stadium looks will that mean that every 20 to 30 years depending upon contract of team with city and state will be negotiated and built with percentage of cost of new stadium... I remember most online leagues did this but we were not able to do it in solo leagues.

-will there be more record keeping for teams ??? such as team top 5 winning streaks lifetime

-MGR career win loss against various teams
and career for player records against teams as well.
- will we get magic number and tragic number for every team this year ??? As there is plenty of space for that
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:07 AM   #7
potsey7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Corrected! Sorry MarKus Feel free to send me my early download link 30 seconds after everyone else's as punishment lol
potsey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:50 AM   #8
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Don't really use Reddit but Ive been discussing the new release on some steam groups.

More steam groups and curators that talk it up the better.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:20 PM   #9
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

I am more of a word of mouth guy, but I tell everyone I can!

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:21 PM   #10
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
since we get to potentially mess with stadium looks will that mean that every 20 to 30 years depending upon contract of team with city and state will be negotiated and built with percentage of cost of new stadium... I remember most online leagues did this but we were not able to do it in solo leagues.

-will there be more record keeping for teams ??? such as team top 5 winning streaks lifetime

-MGR career win loss against various teams
and career for player records against teams as well.
- will we get magic number and tragic number for every team this year ??? As there is plenty of space for that

I would like for there to be a way to search for Manager history like there is for players, though it's not that important to me

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:05 AM   #11
The_Offspring187
Major Leagues

I've actually spread the word in the gas station where I work. I work right off I75 so I meet all kinds of baseball fans. If I pick up on one being a stats nerd like me I tell them about OOTP. No telling if it has ever helped or not but I think it'd be cool if someone had the story "a clerk at a gas station told me about this game and I fell in love with it".

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
The_Offspring187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #12
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

I've made numerous threads about the game on a MMA forum I post on. hoping it's lead to a few new customers. was also happy to find a few there already playing.

I wish I had found this game much earlier than I did, looking to pay it forward.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote