Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2015, 06:42 AM   #21
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
They are saying now that Fictional Leagues can expand until the leagues reach 36 teams. The Fictional Leagues Minor Leagues won't be able to expand(no biggie in my books),
Oh, I thought that was a typo, but I went back and read the clarification, so that's cool. Thanks for that, Orioles.

I'll probably just end up creating a new fictional game for each expansion though. Any data that's transferable (e.g., players and team names) will be manually edited into the new game, and I'll preserve the league histories and leaderboards manually in a document somewhere. After all, not having a farm league for 22 of 30 teams isn't what I'd like to see.

But I don't expect the farm league thing to be that big of a deal for those quick fictional games I make that I just play to see what happens.
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #22
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Just FYI, the fictional farm team expansion thing is on the post-release to-do list. There's no guarantee or exact timeline on when it might be added, but it will be somewhere on the priority list.

Last edited by Cole; 09-27-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #23
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I am thinking of doing the 1972-73 WHA(Fictional w/real players,changing fictional players names to real names). Plus I want to add 2 more teams for the first season. I will need too do an expansion draft(on paper). Probably will add Miami Screaming Eagles and San Francisco Shamrocks. Both cities were too have teams in the first season(SF was going to be the Sharks) but it didn't work out. Dayton Aeros moved to Houston before the season started.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #24
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I am thinking of doing the 1972-73 WHA(Fictional w/real players,changing fictional players names to real names). Plus I want to add 2 more teams for the first season. I will need too do an expansion draft(on paper). Probably will add Miami Screaming Eagles and San Francisco Shamrocks. Both cities were too have teams in the first season(SF was going to be the Sharks) but it didn't work out. Dayton Aeros moved to Houston before the season started.
I've seen you mention this a few times so I must ask. "Fictional with real players". Why would you bother changing fictional players name to real names?

Never mind the adding of random extra teams, that I'll never understand.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #25
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

As John Cleese used too say at the beginning of the Monty Python show......and now for something completely different(that's the way I like too play).

I would like too see what the real WHA would look like with expansion teams.

Depending on how long it takes to convert the players names,that idea may need too be scraped.

Draft is half done and the new teams aren't looking too good.

Once I start getting deeper into leagues,then I will worry about players ratings(that's why changing players names doesn't concern me) plus I have never lost sleep over how many penalty minute Dave(The Hammer) Schultz had,so he can be a league leading scorer in one of my leagues.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-27-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:51 PM   #26
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Just FYI, the fictional farm team expansion thing is on the post-release to-do list. There's no guarantee or exact timeline on when it might be added, but it will be somewhere on the priority list.
So... I'm late to this party but now we can expand up to 36, not limited to 6 teams per game? That's great news if true! That will allow me just to go with the original 16 team league plan and hopefully by the time I expand that post-release minor league thing will be figured out.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:23 AM   #27
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

My fictional league was originally going to consist of 12 teams representing every Canadian province and both Territories each with their own unique jersey but i got addicted to making jerseys so i made another 8 teams that will be represented by 8 states. So a total of 20 teams. I made a post about it here with what the jerseys look like http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...al-league.html

Western Conference

Pacific Division

British Columbia Bears
Alberta Inferno
California Kings
Yukon Red Foxes
North West Territory Snow Leopards

Central Division

Saskatchewan Comets
Manitoba Bison
Minnesota Osprey
Illinois Owls
Michigan Warriors

Eastern Conference

North East Division

Ohio Thunder
Ontario Hawks
Pennsylvania Wolves
New York Rhinos
Massachusetts Americans

Atlantic Division

Quebec Nordiques
New Brunswick Outlaws
Nova Scotia Panthers
Prince Edward Island Islanders
Newfoundland Vikings.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #28
monochameleon
Minors (Double A)

I've based my fictional league on the Super League war in Australia, when a group of Rugby League teams broke away and created a new league in the mid-90s so Rupert Murdoch could get more money, essentially. So it's about half the 1997 NHL heading off on a different expansion path, with affiliates and junior teams based on pre-existing logos and locations.

The Junior League season has just finished, and the Montreal Ice - my team - finished 57-10-11 in a 14 team junior league, only to be demolished in the finals by the Pittsburgh Junior Penguins and miss out on the Carrier Trophy. There's always next year I guess....
monochameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #29
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

I'm working on mine (as I type this) and plan to save it as a quick start and post it for everyone. its a 30 team league 6 divisions with initial draft and used the logos and jerseys in the mods....

anyway eastern adams...Montreal Olympiques Toronto Blues, Hartford Mariners, Boston Colonials and Detroit Chargers

Patrick Philadelphia Liberty Bells, Pittsburgh Rockhoppers, NY Guardians, Columbus 14ers and DC Capitals.

Maverick Orlando Sun Lions, Tampa Barracudas, Charleston Phantoms, North Carolina Nighthawks and 1st pick Atlanta Arsenal.

Western Conference Frozen Tundra Winnetka Warhawks, Winnipeg Warriors, Minnesota Griffins, Green Bay Mauraders, and Milwaukee Lagers.

Smythe Seattle Huskies, Vancouver Rockies, Las Vegas Aces, California Wave, Edmonton Ice Kodiak's

Norris. Nashville Predators, St Louis Archers, Kansas City Comanches, Dallas Dragons and Houston Hellcats
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote