Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-13-2015, 11:48 PM   #21
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

The tactics seem to revert after each period. This def needs fixing. My team is a mess due to the tactics.
Havokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:38 AM   #22
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, it looks like this comes down to some miscommunication between the design and implementation sides of things. The way it's set up now, the templates are sets of instructions for a complete set of lines, not for individual lines. When you load a new template, it'll load the instructions for each line (and special teams unit), not just the one you're looking at. So if you want to customize the instructions for one line, load the template you want to start with in the template editor, make the changes you want for that line, and then save it as a new template.

So the way it's described in the manual is wrong; I'm going to fix that right now. We'll also be adding some tooltips to the tactics screen to clarify what Load Template and the "lines" box do. Sorry for the confusion.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:39 AM   #23
mking55
All Star Starter

It sounds confusing. I'm not sure I understand it but I'll give it a shot

What is most difficult for me to understand is you saying the template is for all lines, so if I create a template and give it to one line and then go back to the 2nd line and make changes and save it as a new template, wouldn't that new template go to all lines?

Would you mind putting in step by step instructions here so I make sure I do what you're saying. And in all honesty, I think it should work the way you thought it did. This way sounds messy and confusing.

Thanks.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:32 AM   #24
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Yeah this very confusing....
Old 10-14-2015, 06:47 AM   #25
mking55
All Star Starter

Jeff,

I think I did what you asked. The 1st line is correct. The other 3 lines have some mysterious setup that is not what I put there.

In the template tab I had line 1 there. I put in my options. I named it new 1. I saved it as a new template.

I then exited the template tab and went back in. I called in line 2 and had a template set up as new 2. I saved new 2 as a new template. I then exited and re-entered.

I did the same for lines 3 and 4. When all was said and done and I looked at the tactics tab, only line 1 had the right setup. The other 3 were garbage. I think I need EXACT step by step instructions to try. You said it worked for you, but you're the developer so you know more about your product than I do.

I find it curious that I'm the first one to say anything about this. Since it doesn't work as even you thought it would, and no one had said boo about it, then to me that means no one uses it. Or if they do, they don't realise it isn't doing what they think it should do.

I'm about ready to throw the towel in on this one. That would be too bad because it's a good idea but could be implemented better. If you give me the step by step instructions, I will try it one more time. But Geez Louise, this is turning into a full-time job for me. However, considering that I barely work it's not like I'm doing anything better.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:12 AM   #26
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

I said something about it!
Old 10-14-2015, 08:32 AM   #27
Divergent
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am having the same problem with Tactics. I am about to give up, very frustrated. How was this missed?
Divergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:34 PM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
Jeff,

I think I did what you asked. The 1st line is correct. The other 3 lines have some mysterious setup that is not what I put there.

In the template tab I had line 1 there. I put in my options. I named it new 1. I saved it as a new template.

I then exited the template tab and went back in. I called in line 2 and had a template set up as new 2. I saved new 2 as a new template. I then exited and re-entered.
No, this is where it's going wrong. You need to enter your changes for each line before exiting the template screen. Enter the template screen, make your changes to Line 1, then go to Line 2 and change what you want there, then 3, etc. Once you're done with all of them, then save the template. Then return to the tactics screen and load it, and all of the lines will have the settings you want.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #29
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No, this is where it's going wrong. You need to enter your changes for each line before exiting the template screen. Enter the template screen, make your changes to Line 1, then go to Line 2 and change what you want there, then 3, etc. Once you're done with all of them, then save the template. Then return to the tactics screen and load it, and all of the lines will have the settings you want.
I think I got it. I did all you suggested, went to a few other screens, and then came back to tactics. The lines showed what I thought they should show.

This is a question. This means if I do nothing, the tactics will be the same for every game for every line. Is this correct?

I'll go back in later and check again.

I thank you for your help, but I really think as you go forward, you should make this easier. There is nothing natural or intuitive about this. How you thought it would work sounded "intuitive", but this mess you have to go through is anything but intuitive. I personally would also like to see a "save" button once you assign a tactic to a line. It's weird that you've assigned it and you have to take it on trust that it was done. The game should let you know you did what you thought you were doing.

I couldn't see anything to delete tactics. I have over 20 of them from fooling around and I'd like to clean it up. Is there a way to delete tactics?

Thanks again.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:07 AM   #30
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
I couldn't see anything to delete tactics. I have over 20 of them from fooling around and I'd like to clean it up. Is there a way to delete tactics?
Not yet, but there needs to be one, it's fairly high on the non-bug request list.