Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:09 AM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmurr View Post
I’ll ask around. I volunteer at the sports academy where the junior nat’l trains year-round. I think one of the younger guys grew up with the Dunkerque club before coming to Toulouse for studies.

I’m interested now too
Hey!

Would you by any chance have or be able to get access to the current rosters for all the teams in the league (preferably the official ones with dobs, etc)? The FFS site only has like three or four teams up, including Toulouse, but the rest come back as 'file not found'.

If you do have them, would you send me copies, so we can update things where needed in-game?

Otherwise it's no big deal, hopefully they'll be up soon or else I can send an email to the FFS and ask, or else just head down to Nice Cavigal and see if they have them once I'm back in Nice.

Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:17 AM   #22
jcmurr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Of course, the links on the FFBS stats sites are broken but the rosters do exist online. I’ll try to find them.
jcmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:21 AM   #23
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmurr View Post
Of course, the links on the FFBS stats sites are broken but the rosters do exist online. I’ll try to find them.
Cool, thanks. If you can find them easily great, but no need to spend too much time on it, I'll track them down one way or another.

Just saw you'd posted and thought it might be a time saver for me if you had them

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #24
Tyke
All Star Starter

OK guys, I got in touch with Olivier Ravaiau, one of the contacts listed on the Dunkerque Korvers website, who informed me he wasn't surprised we hadn't been able to find the word, because it was a local dialect word from the 18th/19th century, signifying a person who salts fish! He points out that, in addition to being a historically important stronghold, Dunkerque was also a very active fishing port. So now we know!!
[BTW, he was very happy to provide the information, was really pleased to know that OOTPXX features the French competition - though not Division 2 - but he was a lot less happy about the Korvers start to the season!]
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #25
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
Thanks for the responses, guys - I'm leaning towards the Kyle Korver explanation at the moment! I may try and contact the club to get the official line, in which case I'll report back.
I love it, given that I was really just making a joke there.
But if it is true, well, even better.

(Ah, I see that I didn't read far enough and that there was a more logical explanation. Oh, well, Kyle's fame maybe doesn't spread quite as far as I thought it might.)

Last edited by BirdWatcher; 04-12-2019 at 10:44 AM.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #26
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

jcmurr, in the newest update you are now on Toulouse. I checked last night. (Was on 20.2.33 but should be the same on 20.2.34)
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:49 PM   #27
clamel
All Star Starter

It's fun to see more countries from Europe even if the standard is lacking. The spirit is there in so many places. Wish you expand even further.
Take a look at a photo from early days in Sweden, 1904

That league has been going for 100 years.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #28
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
It's fun to see more countries from Europe even if the standard is lacking. The spirit is there in so many places. Wish you expand even further.
Take a look at a photo from early days in Sweden, 1904

That league has been going for 100 years.
What I have discovered in doing research within the last year on the European leagues outside of Holland and Italy is the depth and news is few and far between. Germany, France, Czech Republic, and Spain have all of the information and statistical history to find dating back a few years (Germany from 1994, France sometime in the 90s, Czech dates back to the league inception in 1995, Spain back to 2010), where as some of the countries I'd like to do a deep dive into (Belgium, Austria, and yes Sweden) don't have as much or so I'm not looking hard enough to me. I can get the Belgian and Austrian statsheets with no problem, Sweden is hit-and-miss. It's the rosters that are the most difficult. Compiling the info for the players (DOB, Height, Weight, handedness---BIG ONE, and position) and active/inactive is the big thing there.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:23 PM   #29
Marcelo67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's great to see Baseball being played in different parts of the world. We have a semi-pro league in my Argentina where soccer is king.
Marcelo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #30
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo67 View Post
It's great to see Baseball being played in different parts of the world. We have a semi-pro league in my Argentina where soccer is king.
If you look in the logos sub-thread on here, I do believe that the Argentine League artwork is available.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:57 PM   #31
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
does one team immediately surrender?

now now..be nice. he didn't say do American teams right away gorge on greasy fast food?
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:11 AM   #32
Marcelo67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
If you look in the logos sub-thread on here, I do believe that the Argentine League artwork is available.
Thank you for the info
Marcelo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #33
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

do a lot of the European leagues actually have 2 man pitching rotations? (as it is in OOTP)
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #34
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84hammy View Post
so awesome! When i was in the netherlands a couple years ago we saw a baseball diamond and i got so excited!! I am going to portugal this summer and would like to actually hunt a field out.
Honkbal!!!

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #35
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
do a lot of the European leagues actually have 2 man pitching rotations? (as it is in OOTP)
The French league seems to play only on weekends, with no doubleheaders. Only two starters are needed. OOTP overcorrects, however. On the league's "Stats and AI" tab, Pitcher Stamina is "high". I doubt that French pitchers have stronger arms than anybody else; they just pitch less often.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #36
stevem810
All Star Starter

My replay in Fictional Simulations is based on the French speaking countries of France, Martinique, and Eastern Canada. I visit the island of Martinique most February's and am quite fond of the french influence/culture that is on the island. So, I decided to create my own league that features a young player from Martinique, Julien Henri. Presently he plays for the Paris Artists in the year 1971. His career started on Martinique in Single A Ball and he worked his way up to be a star for Le Diamant, a coastal resort city on the island.

I'll stay with it at least until Julien retires.
Attached Images
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote