Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #1
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Better back-up restore function

it has been pretty well discussed in a few of the forums, new users (and many experienced users) have trouble with the current Back-up and restore function. i'm not certain the current system needs to be totally ditched, but at least a much better tutorial of what needs to get typed - when and where - would be a boon. It's pretty awkward and un-user friendly as it is. i had to ditch one league early on, because i couldn't figure it out (before i knew about these boards.) Even now i've used it a few times, it's not easy to fumble through.

RchW posted a great pictoral in this thread .... could it be linked or somehow part of the game as a "how-to"?
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4084018

as for myself, i back up daily to an external HD, but only plan on using that in case of a major disaster. My main way has become to create a .zip file of my game folder three times or so a game year, and just drop the newest zip (which has a slightly different name such as New Game 1aa) into my game folder if needed.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 10-07-2016 at 04:13 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
rbux
Minors (Single A)

I couldn't agree more, I just experienced this first hand. Restoring my game from files created using the in-game back-up function, onto a new computer, did not work. I routinely backed up my game to a cloud service thinking I was safe, but I wasn't. The back-up function is broken. I almost lost my league that I have been playing continuously since about OOTP6. Fortunately I still had the game on my old computer and I copied and pasted the whole 19GBs into the newly installed game. This is a HUGE problem which I hope gets addressed in OOTP21.

Last edited by rbux; 11-01-2019 at 06:49 PM. Reason: clarification
rbux is offline   Reply With Quote