Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
teak88
Minors (Triple A)

MLB 3013 schedule

Just started a new game from the 2013 MLB Quickstart ...

Played two years...

Discovered that both yrs only had ~150 games. Have all the setup options set to 162; only thing I can figure is that I swapped Houston back to the NL.

Trying to generate a new 162 game schedule in Yr 3,. But the schedule generator tells me to "unenable interleague play" and "use balanced schedule" ...both of which I did ...and got a 145 game schedule - and no Spring Training!

all I want is a simple MLB schedule ...any thoughts?

Thx
teak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak88 View Post
Just started a new game from the 2013 MLB Quickstart ...

Played two years...

Discovered that both yrs only had ~150 games. Have all the setup options set to 162; only thing I can figure is that I swapped Houston back to the NL.

Trying to generate a new 162 game schedule in Yr 3,. But the schedule generator tells me to "unenable interleague play" and "use balanced schedule" ...both of which I did ...and got a 145 game schedule - and no Spring Training!

all I want is a simple MLB schedule ...any thoughts?

Thx
Manually import the mlb 2012 schedule.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
teak88
Minors (Triple A)

How?

Thx, but...

how do I find ...how do I do that?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Thx, but...

how do I find ...how do I do that?
Look for this file in ootp's schedule folder:
major_league_ml_c_2013.lsdl or you could also use any mlb schedule that has the same league structure as yours. 2012, 2011, etc. Schedules with AP after the year_ in the name are the acutal as played schedules for that year. They will work as well.

To add it to your game, select the league from the dropdown and Under Advanced select League setup. On that page click edit schedule. On that page, Click the Schedlue tab on the bottom right of screen and select Import from file. Navigate to the schedule you want to import. select it and click load.
Note: you need to be in preseason to manually import a schedule and you might need to be in commish mode to do so..
Old 03-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Make sure you have the correct league structure before doing anything. That is 15/15 and 2X5/5/5. The missing games in your OP are due to interleague games not played.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Make sure you have the correct league structure before doing anything. That is 15/15 and 2X5/5/5. The missing games in your OP are due to interleague games not played.
Sorry Rich, but that's not the structure he's using...He moved Houston back to the NL Central which caused his problem..so he need's to use a pre 2013 mlb schedule if he wants to keep Houston in the NL.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
teak88
Minors (Triple A)

Thx, guys...

I'm going to try to fix this given the advice above, but, for clarification in case I need to yell "Help" again...

- I used the MLB 2013 Quickstart; made no changes to the league structure (# of games, interleague, etc), except...

- I swapped Houston w/ Milwaukee. So the league structure was unchanged, just a different team in the Central Div of each league

I don't know why this would screw up the schedule maker, but it has
Old 03-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Am I the only one who saw this thread title and wondered how somebody got their league to last a thousand years?
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #9
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I think we need to sticky my league evolution post by now...
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #10
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
I'm going to try to fix this given the advice above, but, for clarification in case I need to yell "Help" again...

- I used the MLB 2013 Quickstart; made no changes to the league structure (# of games, interleague, etc), except...

- I swapped Houston w/ Milwaukee. So the league structure was unchanged, just a different team in the Central Div of each league

I don't know why this would screw up the schedule maker, but it has
Now I'm confused....Changing Houston with Milw. does change the structure as Houston in 2013 is in the AL West not Central and that would explain your problem. If your structure was correct then ootp would have used one of the prebuilt schedules and not generated it's own.
2013 qstart structure is 5-5-5 and 5-5-5. With your swapping of HOU. to the NL Central and MIL. to the AL Central. You have 4-6-5 and 5-5-5...big difference.
If this is so, then none of the pre 2013 mlb schedules will work correctly. However the 2013 or 2014 MLB schedule will work if you change the settings in the Element line (Second line in all schedules) to match your game's settings.
Open the 2013 or 2014 schedule in any text editor and change this:
SL1_D1_T5_D2_T5_D3_T5_SL2_D1_T5_D2_T5_D3_T5_C
To this:
SL1_D1_T5_D2_T6_D3_T4_SL2_D1_T5_D2_T5_D3_T5_C
Old 03-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
teak88
Minors (Triple A)

You are right to be confused, BigRod...

I screwed up; thought Houston was in the AL Central Division (who pays attn. to the AL?), so I swapped Milwaukee into the AL Central, thus unbalancing the league structure. I moved them into the West and now everything works right.

Thx, all, for taking the time. I guess my 3013 typo got me more attn. than the issue deserved!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #12
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
I screwed up; thought Houston was in the AL Central Division (who pays attn. to the AL?), so I swapped Milwaukee into the AL Central, thus unbalancing the league structure. I moved them into the West and now everything works right.

Thx, all, for taking the time. I guess my 3013 typo got me more attn. than the issue deserved!
Your welcome and thanks for letting us know you got it fixed.