Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #81
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug1992 View Post
Just a quick question I went into commish mode and made some modifications to some players, however, the player's potential rating did not change? Do I need to adjust anything? When I used the lahman set and edited players abilities my ratings changed...Thanks!

One thing you might try is to rescout the player. The game starts out on 1/1/07 as soon as you make a GM and pick a team the head scout scouts your team. So all scouting reports are done there. Now if you edit him after that then the scouting report will be the old one so you would have to rescout him again. Try this and let me know if it helps. Also make sure under game setup that the option for Other Player Ratings scale is turned on(that was something I forgot to do).
AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:59 AM   #82
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBALLisLFE View Post
Hi Airmen,

I tried to download your rosters but it said there's an error and your that link no longer works. Is it my computer or did the site go down?

Also, once I download them how do I get them to work in my league? I'm fairly new to OOTP.

Thanks a bunch!
Don't know if you have downloaded it now but just in case you did I figured I would tell you how to install it. Once it downloads you will have to extrat the file using winrar(there are other programs i'm sure but thats what I used). Once it is extracted, select the file and then go into your "My documents folder" and select the Sports interactive Folder. Then select the OOTP folder, then select data, then put the file in the Saved Games folder. Hope this helps and wasn't confusing. If you need more help just post here and either I or the other ootp fans will help u.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #83
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug1992 View Post
Just a quick question I went into commish mode and made some modifications to some players, however, the player's potential rating did not change? Do I need to adjust anything? When I used the lahman set and edited players abilities my ratings changed...Thanks!
If you have scouts on, you'll need to rescout a player to see any changes.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #84
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
If you have scouts on, you'll need to rescout a player to see any changes.
I guess we where typing a response at the same time lol
Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #85
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein View Post
How did you formulate the ballpark factors for this set?

I noticed a huge amount of homeruns at minute maid (Lee and Berkman both led the league) and I noticed the HR factor to be really high. I checked some other stadiums also, and while I don't remember the specific numbers on a lot of parks... I do remember Dodger Stadium to be like .400 for triples.

I always thought Gambos stadium spreadsheet was pretty solid - so I imported his numbers instead and got really good results. His numbers range mostly from .900 to 1.100 with a few exceptions (I think Joe Robbie, or whatever it's called these days, has a lower percentage for HR's and Avg... but it's still only about .800). Numbers in the .400's seem pretty extreme, though.

You did a really great job on the set as far as getting most of the transactions and contracts. It's definitely a playable 2007 Roster - thanks for the hard work!

Has anyone else tried Gambos Stadiums. I just downloaded it and was going to see how well it playes and maybe I'll put it in my file. Just looking for feedback on how well it has worked.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #86
coug1992
Bat Boy

Thanks!

I'll rescout after I'm done w/my day job! Thanks for the quick response...
coug1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #87
rdklein
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
Has anyone else tried Gambos Stadiums. I just downloaded it and was going to see how well it playes and maybe I'll put it in my file. Just looking for feedback on how well it has worked.
I have to give it a big thumbs up.

At the very least, I would recommend implementing it in the Major League stadiums... It only takes about an hour to input them all.

Last weekend Cubbyfan23 sent me the .lg file that the community is working on, so we got all the stadium data in from low A to ML in that file. That took me about a day to do.

Huge props to Gambo... that stadium file he created kicks arse.
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:36 PM   #88
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein View Post
I have to give it a big thumbs up.

At the very least, I would recommend implementing it in the Major League stadiums... It only takes about an hour to input them all.

Last weekend Cubbyfan23 sent me the .lg file that the community is working on, so we got all the stadium data in from low A to ML in that file. That took me about a day to do.

Huge props to Gambo... that stadium file he created kicks arse.

Cosigned!
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:42 AM   #89
MJB_919
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hello, I just purchased ootp yesterday and immedietly downloaded some of the third party updates including the roster set posted above. I also downloaded cubbyfans roster from fileplanet. I will say cubbyfans rosters were almost perfect but the contracts were all wrong. I then downloaded Airmensmiths update above which had all the contracts corrected which was good but the minor league rosters on my cleveland Indians were rather innaccurate compared to cubbyfans. First I noticed Jeremy Guthrie is still on the team but he got released long before the season started. Also a few prospects that were included on cubbyfans set were missing on this one including Cleveland Indians minor league pitcher tony sipp. Overall both roster updates were very good and I appreciate the hard work. I just wanted to point out the contract problems on the cubbyfan update and the minor leagues on Airmensmiths update. THANK YOU
MJB_919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #90
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Hi everyone.

Just looking to see what other mods everyone uses. I just typed in the stats for the MLB stadiums. What else do you all recommend trying to use.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #91
lalalaprise
Bat Boy

When clicking the link i get an error message as the file can not be found...any help?

Thanks in advance.
lalalaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:43 AM   #92
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

The original site is down, click on this link then select the rosters and template tab. Then select airmensmiths rosters.http://www.padresfanmods.net/

Old 05-31-2007, 06:18 PM   #93
Mrexbaseball
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Couple of questions...

First of all - I opened this league file and I didn't see any of the updates that were discussed in this thread (i.e. Papelbon moving to closer).

Second, what's the easiest way to import the real uniforms/logos to this league file?

Lastly- are the player stats updated or arent they?
Mrexbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #94
Mattingly06
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I simulated 5 years and noticed that a lot of other teams are broke and aren't making competitive offers for free agents. I'm able to sign them for pretty cheap. The first couple of years I simmed, free agents were getting big money, now they're not getting any. Is anyon else having this problem?
Mattingly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #95
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattingly06 View Post
I simulated 5 years and noticed that a lot of other teams are broke and aren't making competitive offers for free agents. I'm able to sign them for pretty cheap. The first couple of years I simmed, free agents were getting big money, now they're not getting any. Is anyon else having this problem?
One way you can try and fix this is to go into game setup and change how much star players make. The problem is that players demand 20million+ at the beginning of free agency but most teams can't pay that. So there demands go down over time and by spring training they can be signed pretty cheap. Try and adjust what 5 star, 4star, ect. players make.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #96
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrexbaseball View Post
Couple of questions...

First of all - I opened this league file and I didn't see any of the updates that were discussed in this thread (i.e. Papelbon moving to closer).

Second, what's the easiest way to import the real uniforms/logos to this league file?

Lastly- are the player stats updated or arent they?
1. I haven't updated the file since release because I wanted to get a file out there because the normal ppl that make rosters decided not to make them. Most of the changes that needed to be done to the roster(besides lineup changes) where only that minor league players needed to be added. I'm not good at making ppl out of the blue. As for Papelbon, the only way to make him a closer is to make his endurance go down but then that would be judging him wrong. Hes a starter but the redsox can't find(or buy) anyone to replace him.

2. I'm having problems with putting in real photos and logos, i'll work on this and hope i figure it out then i'll let you know.

3. Career stats are in the file. You might just be looking in the wrong place.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #97
airdudei
Minors (Single A)

I run an online league and decided to check out this roster. After I uploaded the roster, everyone had pretty bad ratings. I looked and the ratings really are pretty bad. Not one sutd is rated highly at all. Is there something wrong I am doing or is it just like that?

All my owners have been complaining of their stud players being way underrated. Were there much emphasis in ratings in this roster or what? I would like to know if I am seeing the right thing or if something went wrong.

Last edited by airdudei; 06-02-2007 at 07:52 PM.
airdudei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #98
airdudei
Minors (Single A)

If someone could, could they mass edit this roster set, add 50 to all players ratings and send it to me. I just can't figure out how to do it.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:12 AM   #99
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

did you turn scouts off?

Old 06-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #100
airdudei
Minors (Single A)

Do you mean uncheck complete scouting?