Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Bringing Back Baltimore

For those of you that have read by "Fixing The Marlins" series, you would know that the Marlins have been "fixed" and I am starting a new project: Bringing Back Baltimore! (I really like the alliteration). For this world, I will be attempting to bring Baltimore back to the World Series.

This will follow the same format as my Marlins dynasty, and hopefully read better because I have more experience writing, and have an easy format.

I'm using the Opening Day rosters, so the rsoters will be a little differnet then from my Marlins game, with full minors, but not international or independent leagues to keep the file size down a bit. All the affiliations are the same, so I have AAA Norfolk, AA Bowie, A+ Frederick, A Delmarva, A- Aberdeen, R Baltimore GCL, and R Batimore DSL. The roster limits are as followed; AAA, AA, A+, A: 26; A-: 30, R: 40 (DSL is 35 with only Dominican's allowed).

Next come the player settings. I have injuries set on High (current day settings) with the occasional delayed diagnosis. Suspensions are on low and if drug suspensions occur, I will add an injury "Suspension" for 100 days so teams can remove them from their active roster like in real life, since OOTP does not has a restricted list. Other then that, most of the settings are the same as the default.

Ratings are on a 1-100 scale, with stars as the overall rating. Scouts are turned on and so are coaches. Owner goals are turned off.

The Amateur Pool will be 40 rounds like in real life, with 60 rounds worth of players created (to start with). I'm guessing the first year will be 35 like how it was with my Marlins dynasty. Later on, I will do what I started in my Marlins franchise with players that don't sign, and possibly expanding the draft pool. The pool is 93.97% American, 3.52% Puerto Rican, and 2.51% Canadian (0% Random).

I turned off Independent League Free Agents, but International Established Free Agents are set to default (10 per year), International Amateur Free Agents are set to more (60 per year), International Scouting Discoveries are set to default (11 per team, per year), and the International Amateur system uses a hard cap of $5,000,000. All the international player settings are kept on default.

Financials are kept the same, but inflation is set from 2%-4% each year and automatic evolution of league is turned off. Legacy Mode is also turned on, but the lineups will still be left to my manager. League Evolution is turned off. Everything else is kept at default, but can change at some point.

I'll start with a brief introduction later tonight or tomorrow, bringing us to Opening Day and giving a brief rundown of the team and system!

The process so far:
2018: 79-83, (.488), 4th, 13 GB
2019: 92-70, .568, 2nd, 5 GB: WON WORLD SERIES AGAINST CHICAGO!

Last edited by ayaghmour2; 07-29-2018 at 11:26 AM.
ayaghmour2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:08 PM   #2
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Introduction

March 27th, 2018: Two days before Opening Day, the Baltimore Orioles have named Anthony Yaghmour their General Manager. The Rookie GM has his work cut out for him, as the O's are in a tough division that won't get easier, and a lot of money is tied up in palyers that don't produce.

Oh yeah, and he has to trade Manny Machado, but no one will ever think the trade is "good enough" not matter what the return is.

He'll have very little time to get settled before the season starts, and doesn't have the best team to work with...

March 28th, 2018: With no change to the Opening Day Roster, this is what it looks like for the potential 5th Place Orioles:

SP Dylan Bundy (2/2.5)
SP Andrew Cashner (2.5/2.5)
SP Kevin Gausman (2/2)
SP Chris Tillman (1.5/1.5)
SP Mike Wright (1.5/1.5)
RP Pedro Araujo (1.5/3)
RP Richard Bleier (1.5/1.5)
RP Miguel Castro (1.5/2.5)
RP Mychal Givens (2.5/2.5)
RP Donnie Hart (2/2)
RP Darren O'Day (3/3)
CL Brad Brach (3.5/3.5)
C Caleb Joseph (1.5/1.5)
C Andrew Susac (0.5/1)
1B Pedro Alvarez (1.5/1.5)
1B Chris Davis (2.5/2.5)
1B Trey Mancini (2/2)
2B Jonathan Schoop (3.5/3.5)
2B Ruben Tejada (0.5/0.5)
3B Tim Beckham (2/2)
3B Manny Machado (4/4.5)*
LF Craig Gentry (0.5/0.5)
LF Colby Rasmus (1.5/1.5)
LF Anthony Santander (1.5/2.5)
CF Adam Jones (2.5/2.5)

Diasbled List:
SP Alex Cobb (2.5/2.5)
RP Gabriel Ynoa (1.5/2)
CL Zach Britton (5/5)
1B Mark Trumbo (1.5/1.5)

*I always list players by their highest rated position, but Machado will get his wish of playing SS.

Honestly, I can't see any of these guys being on a playoff team of mine, and most will be gone in 2-3 years. There's a few pieces worth trading, Machado of course, as well as Schoop, Britton, Brach, O'Day, Cashner, Gausman, Bundy, and Givens, but I can't expect too much for anyone except Machado, and maybe Schoop. It's a long road ahead, especially with Chris Davis' and Mark Trumbo's extensions. Cobb's contract too.

The farm actually isn't terrible, and is much better then what I was working with in Miami. We have 5 gusy above 3.5, and 8 more above 2.5. I think in Miami I had one guys who was a 4 potetnial, and like 3 others above 2.5.

RF Austin Hays (1/3.5) and C Chance Sisco (1.5/3.5) are the headliners and will see big league action this year. SS Adam Hall (4) and RF Lamar Sparks (3.5) are surprise top guys, although that could just be my scout. D.J. Stewart (3.5) is another solid outfielder. There's not much pitching other then SP Zac Lowther (3), CL Ryan Meisinger (1.5/3), SP D.L. Hall (2.5), and Cody Sedlock (2.5).

Get ready for Opening Day!
Old 06-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

March 29th-April 4th

March 29th, 2018: Happy Opening Day! The top prospect list was published today, with 3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr. of the Blue Jays ranked #1. We have the 18th best farm system, with D.L. Hall (34) and Austin Hays (47th) in the top 100. Some other notables include Ryan Mountcastle (106), Zac Lowther (129), and Chance Sisco (138).

We start out 2018 season, hosting the Minnesota Twins. Kevin Gausman took on Jose Berrios to start a long, long season. Our Opening Day lineup was CF Jones, 3B Beckham, SS Machado, 2B Schoop, 1B Davis, DH Mancini, LF Santander, RF Rasumus, C Joseph. Like most Orioles teams, we have an offense that hits bombs, and we won the opener 7-4. 162-0?!?!?

Gausman tossed a gem, 7 innings with 4 hits, a run, walk, and 7 strikeouts. Darren O'Day had a rough season debut, 0.2 innings with 2 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Mychal Givens finished the 8th with a strikeout to earn a hold, and Brad Brach pitched the 9th to earn the save.

Anthony Santander was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Manny Machado was 3-for-4 with a solo homer and 2 total runs scored. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a 2 run homer. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a double, run scored, RBI, and steal.

Tomorrow is an off day!

March 30th, 2018: (I keep writing 2024 out of Marlins habit...) With no game, I set up my minor league system. Eventually, I'd need to sign Dominicans for the DSL.

Travis Shaw went 5-for-5 as the Brewers beat the Padres 14-4. Christian Yelich was also 5-for-5 in the same game.

March 31st, 2018: The first big injury struck today, as the Indians RHP Zach McAllister suffered a damaged elbow ligament and will miss 11-12 months. "EZ Mac" got a strikeout of the only batter he faced.

We looked to take the first series of the year, with Andrew Cashner taking on Kyle Gibson. We allowed 3 in the 9th and lost our first game of they year 6-2.

Cashner went 5.2 innings with 6 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Brad Brach was charged with 3 runs off 2 hits and a walk in 0.2 innings. Donnie Hart tossed 1.1 innings with 3 strikeouts.

Anthony Santander was 2-for-3 with a double and RBI. Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Trey Mancini was 2-for-4.

August 1st, 2018: We looked to win the openeing series with Lance Lynn facing Dylan Bundy. We were shutout 5-0, and we dropped the final 2 games of our home opener.

Bundy went 5 innings, allowign a run, 3 hits, a walk, and he struck out 6. Miguel Castro allowed 2 (1 earned) in 0.2 innings with 2 hits and a strikeout. Pedro Aruajo allowed 2 more in 0.1 innings with a walk and 2 hits.

We had just 3 hits, singles by Adam Jones, Jonathan Schoop, and Pedro Alvarez. Jones and Schoop both made errors.

We're off to face the reigning champion Astros for three. We'll see Collin McHugh, Justin Verlander (0-1, 20.25 ERA), and Dallas Keuchel (0-1, 14.73 ERA).

Interesting tidbit: The Blue Jays swept the Yankees in a four game series to start the season. If only that was real life...

April 2nd, 2018: The first set of Power Rankings were published, and I forgot you have to scroll down to find teams that aren't good. We're ranked 23rd to start the season.

The 2-2 Astros and Colin McHugh hosted us and Chris Tillman to begin our first road series of the year. We spoiled the opener, and won 5-4 despite allowing 2 in the bottom of the 9th.

Tillman allowed just 2 runs in 5 innings with 7 hits, 3 strikeouts, and 2 walks. Miguel Castro, Richard Bleier, Mychal Givens, and Darren O'Day earned holds, before Brad Brach notched the save. It wasn't pretty for brach, a walk and a 2-run homer to Jose Altuve with 2 strikeouts in the 9th.

Colby Rasmus left with a tendor elbow, and will head to the DL for about a week. His replacement, Anthony Santander, went 3-for-4 and was a triple away from the cycle. He scored twice and drove in one. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a 2-run homer. Adam Jones was 2-for-5. Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a run scored and a walk.

April 3rd, 2018: I promoted LHP Nestor Cortes to give my pen a 8th men. I prefer the short bench, especially with the DH since you don't need to pinch hit for your pitchers.

We looked to take the middle game as well, with Kevin Gausman (1-0, 1.29 ERA, 0.71 WHIP) battling Justin Verlander (0-1, 20.25 ERA, 2.63 WHIP). After allowing 2 in the 1st, Gausman calmed down and we scored 3 in the 6th to hold the Astros off with a 3-2 win.

Pedro Araujo left with neck stiffness, but he's just DTD for a few days.

Gausman went 6 with 5 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Aruajo, Miguel Castro, and Darren O'Day earned holds, and Nestor Cortes earned a save in his big league debut. He allowed a hit and got a strikeout in the 9th.

Chris Davis was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a 2-run homer and he was also hit by a pitch. Machado was 1-for-3 with a walk.

The Rockies Chad Bettis tossed a 3-hit shutout of the Padres in a 6-0 win.

April 4th, 2018: We looked to finish a sweep of the Astros (yes, no typo) with Mike Wright making his season debut against Dallas Keuchel (0-1, 14.73 ERA, 2.18 WHIP). We were up 2-0 heading into the 9th, but Carlos Correa dorve in 2 with a single off Donnie Hart. It took to the 13th, but Anthony Santander hit a three run homer of Hector Rondon, and we finished off the Astros 5-2 and earned the sweep. We're 4-2!

Wright went 8 innings and allowed just 1 hit, 2 walks, but struck out only 1. Brad Brach started the 9th, and was charged with 2 runs (1 earned) wihtout recording an out (hit by pitch and Chris Davis error). Hart walked a batter, got a strikeout, and then allowed the single. Aruajo tossed 1.2 innings with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts, and Nestor Cortes went 3 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts to earn the win.

Santander actually hit a solo homer as well earlier in the game, and was 3-for-5. Trey Mancini was 1-for-5 with a solo homer. Pedro Alvarez had the only other hit, a single, and was 1-for-5 with a run scored.

I earned the achievement "Double Dinger" for Santander's performance.

Well, can't say I expected to be 4-2 to start the year, and even more surprising, the Blue Jays are 7-0. I like this world a lot better then real life...

It's off to New York for four against the 2-4 Yankees. We'll see most of the rotation, Mashiaro Tanaka (0-1, 7.71 ERA), Sonny Gray (0-1, 10.80 ERA), C.C. Sabathia (0-1, 13.50 ERA), and Jordan Montgomery (1-0, 1.29 ERA).
Old 06-19-2018, 11:20 PM   #4
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 5th-April 11th

April 5th, 2018: The Nationals will be without former Cy Young winner Jake Peavy for the year with a torn rotator cuff that cut his comeback short.

We opened the series in the Bronx with Andrew Cashner (0-1, 4.76 ERA, 1.59 WHIP) taking on Mashiaro Tankaa (0-1, 7.71 ERA, 1.29 WHIP). We allowed 2 in the 6th and 3 in the 7th to drop the opener 6-5.

Cashner went 5.2 innings with 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Donnie Hart earned a save by getting a strikeout to finish the 6th. Mychal Givens allowed 2 in 0.2 innings with a hit, walk, and 2 strikeouts. Richard Bleier went 1.1 innings with 2 hits and a run.

Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a three run homer off Tanaka in the 3rd. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Trey Mancini was 1-for-2 with a double and hit by pitch.

April 6th, 2018: We looked to even the series back up with Dylan Bundy (0-1, 1.80 ERA, 0.80 WHIP) taking on Sonny Gray (0-1, 10.80 ERA, 1.80 WHIP). Up 4-3 in the 9th, Brach blew the save and it went to extras. Tim Beckham hit a 2-run homer off Chad Green in the 13th, but we allowed 3 in the bottom half to fall 7-6.

Bundy tossed 5 scorless with 2 hits, 3 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Miguel Castro pitched the 6th, allowing a hit an uneared run with a strikeout. Nestor Cortes, Darren O'Day, and Richard Bleier earned holds, although the first two allowed run. Brach ended up pitching 3.2 innings with 4 hits, a run, walk, and 5 strikeouts. Donnie Hart allowed all three extra inning runs in and inning with 3 hits and 2 walks.

Beckham was 2-for-6 and scored after trpling in the 4th. Andrew Susac was 2-for-5 with a double and 2 runs sored. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with a three run homer. Anthony Santander was 1-for-4 with a walk, double, and run scored.

April 7th, 2018: Arizona will be without ace Zack Greinkie for the year with shoulder inflammation. He started hte season 1-1 with a 3.65 ERA.

The Cubs will be without CL Brandon Morrow, as the new auqisition rupture his ulnar collateral ligament. He was 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA and a single save.

We looked to bounce back with Chris Tillman (1-0, 3.60 ERA, 1.80 WHIP) taking on C.C. Sabathia (0-1, 13.50 ERA, 1.80 WHIP). It wasn't even close, and we were deomolished 11-0.

Tillman tossed 5 innings with 6 hits, 5 runs, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Nestor Cortes allowed 2 in 1.1 innings with 4 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Pedro Araujo allowed 3 in an inning with 3 hits and a walk. Miguel Castro got the last two outs, but allowed 2 hits, a run, a walk, and earned a strikeout.

Anthony Santander stayed hot, going 1-for-3 with a triple. He's hitting .414 with 4 homers and 7 RBI's. Craig Gentry was 1-for-2 with a walk and was also caught stealing. Jonathan Schoop had the last hit, and was 1-for-3.

Sabathia tossed a 3-hit shutout. It was the second time we got 3-hit, the first from Lance Lynn, although he didn't get as much run support.

April 8th, 2018: I didn't notice this, but we're so over budget that I can't claim anyone who isn't on a minimum contract, so I've missed out on decent pieces like Buck Farmer and Erick Gonzalez.

In an attempt to free up salary, I traded LF Colby Rasmus to the White Sox for LHP Aaron Bummer. The 24-year-old is rated a 2/3, and will take Donnie Hart's roster spot. Bummer's got excellent stuff, an elite fastball and slider, and is an extreme groundballer. In 3 innings, he's struck out 3 and allowed just 1 hit.

I'm still in the red, but I think I'm almost out.

We looked to avoid the sweep with Kevin Gausman (2-0, 2.08 ERA, 0.92 WHIP) taking on Jordan Montgomery (1-0, 1.29 ERA, 0.86 WHIP). In this universe, he's not my Marlins rotation stalwart (before the accident), but a young 25-year-old in his second season. Despite allowing a run in the 9th, we edged the Yanks 5-4 to salvage the finale.

Gausman went 6 innings, allowing 3 runs, 5 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Mychal Givens and Darren O'Day earned holds and Bummer got the save. He allowed a solo homer and got two strikeouts in his debut with us just hours after being traded for.

Caleb Joseph was 2-for-4 with a 2 run homer and an RBI single. Adam Jones was 2-for-4 with a double, walk, and 2 runs scored. Machado and Mancini were both 1-for-4 with an RBI. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a run scored and steal. Chris Davis was 1-for-4 with a run scored and his 3rd steal of the year. He's hitting just .088 to start the season...

Francisco Cervelli of the Pirates was 5-for-5 in a 9-1 win over the Reds. WilsoN Contreras was 5-for-5 in the Cubs 21-8 win over the Brewres.

We're back home to host the 9-1 Blue Jays for three games. We'll see Marcus Stroman (0-0, 3.38 ERA), J.A. Happ (1-0, 2.89 ERA), and my favorite pitcher, Aaron Sanchez (2-0, 2.45 ERA).

April 9th, 2018: The Power Rankings boosted us up to 17th.

Mike Wright (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.38 WHIP) opened the series against Marcus Stroman (0-0, 3.38 ERA, 1.69 WHIP) and the first place Blue Jays. We gave them just their 2nd loss of the year with a 4-1 win.

Wright went just 5, allowing 4 hits, a run, 3 walks, and recording 2 strikeouts. Aaron Bummer got the win, striking out the only 2 batters he faced. Mychal Givens and Darren O'Day earned holds, and Miguel Castro got the save.

Anthony Santander continued his hot stretch, going 2-for-3 with an RBI double and solo homer. Adam Jones went 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with a run scored and driven in.

April 10th, 2018: Alex Cobb will be sent to AAA to begin a rehab assignment.

We looked to take game two with Andrew Cashner (0-1, 4.76 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) battling J.A. Happ (1-0, 2.89 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) in front of just over 23,000 spectators in historic Camden Yards. The Jays rallied for 6 in the 9th to take the middle game 8-1.

Cashner allowed just 2 in 6 innings with 6 hits and 4 strikeouts. Bummer couldn't get an out, and allowed 3 off 2 hits and a walk. Nelson Cortes allowed 3 more to finish the 9th, with 2 thits and a walk.

Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a solo homer for our only run. For some reason, he was pinch hit for Andrwe Susac, although Susac did get a single. Pedro Alvarez was 2-for-2 with 2 walks and a double. Chris Davis was 1-for-4 with a double. Trey Mancini was 2-for-4.

I wanted to claim Brian Johnson, but I couldn't...

April 11th, 2018: We looked to win the series with Dylan Bundy (0-1, 0.90 ERA, 0.90 WHIP) taking on Aaron Sanchez (2-0, 2.45 ERA, 1.36 WHIP). They edged us 4-3 to take the series after dropping the opener.

Bundy allowed just 1 in 6 innings with 6 hits, 3 walks, and 4 strikeouts as he continues his strong start to the year. Nestor Cortes allowed 2 runs and 2 hits in 0.2 innings. Mychal Givens got the loss, allowing 2 hits and a run in 0.1 innings.

Jonathan Schoop went 1-for-3 with a solo hoemr and a walk. Chris Davis was 1-for-4 with a solo shot. Caleb Joseph was 1-for-3. Pedro Alvarez was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

With a day off tomorrow, I made a few roster moves after the game. I optioned Nestor Cortes and Pedro Aruajo to AAA, and recalled Cobb from his rehab assignment and purchased the contract of RHP Jhan Marinez. Cobb will push Wright to the pen, and Marinez will pitch middle relief.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 12th-April 19th

April 12th, 2018: We have today off, before heading to Boston for four with the Red Sox. We'd see Rick Porcello (0-1, 6.30 ERA), Eduardo Rodriguez, Chris Sale (1-0, 6.91 ERA), and David Price (1-1, 1.27 ERA).

April 13th, 2018: The Rangers will be without Doug Fister for the rest of the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He started the year 1-0 with a 7.53 ERA.

We opened the series with Chris Tillman (1-1, 6.30 ERA, 1.70 WHIP) taking on Rick Porcello (0-1, 6.30 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). If Tillman has a rough outing, I'd send him to the pen. Or even better, waive/trade him... We got crushed 11-1, and that marks the end of Tillman's rotation time...

He allowed 6 runs in 3.2 innings with 8 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. Jhan Marinez made his Orioles debut, allowing a run and 4 hits in 1.2 innings. Aaron Bummer continues to struggled, 3 runs in 1.1 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.

Pedro Alvarez was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a double.

I don't know why or how, but I got decent offers for Tillman, including Victor Arano, who made an appearence in my Marlins dynasty. I ended up trading him to the White Sox for CL Ryan Burr, RP Jose Ruiz, and RP Bruce Rondon. They must see something in Tillman I don't, and even my Assistant GM doesn't like this deal that is easily in my favor...

Burr is rated a 2.5 potential, and was a former 5th Round Pick by Arizona. He's got two plus pithes and reaches high 90s with his fastball. Ruiz is also a 2.5 potential, and actually pitched an inning with the Padres back in 2017. He's got a starter's arsenal, but lacks the stamina to pitch deep into games. He also throws high 90s.

Last, is the 27-year-old flamethrower Bruce Rondon, who will replace Tillman on the active roster. Back in 2016, he looked like a future star, with a 2.97 ERA and 0.96 WHIP in 36.1 innings with 45 strikeouts. He had an awful 2017, however, with a 10.91 ERA and 1.98 WHIP.

April 14th, 2018: The Dodgers signed CL Trevor Rosenthal to a 1-year, $4.8 million contract to rehab. The 27-year-old will miss all this season with a torn UCL.

We looked to even the series back up, as the Sox' Eduardo Rodrgiuez made his season debut against Kevin Gausman (3-0, 2.84 ERA, 0.95 WHIP). We allowed late runs in the 6th, 7th, and 8th, and blew our 3-1 leaed to take the 4-3 loss.

Gausman pitched fine, 5 innings with 8 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Could've been better, could also have been Chris Tillman. Rondon made his Orioles debut, going 1.1 innings with a walk, run, and strikeout. Mychal Givens got the loss, a run in 0.2 innings off a hit and walk.

Manny Machado finally had a good game, going 3-for-4 with 2 doubles and all three RBI's. Tim Bekham was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks. Anthony Santander was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

Steven Matz tossed a 3-hit shutout as the Mets beat Milwaukee 7-0.

April 15th, 2018: The Marlins will be without LHP Jorge De La Rosa for the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. It's interesting that the AI Marlins also picked up De La Rosa, although I used him out of the pen, not rotation.

We looked to avoid another loss with Mike Wright (0-0, 0.69 ERA, 0.77 WHIP) taking on Chris Sale (1-0, 6.91 ERA, 1.40 WHIP). I think their lines might be swapped... Andrew Benintendi hit a walk off solo homer in the 9th as the Sox won again, this time 5-4.

Wright pitched 5 innings, allowing 3 runs (2 earned) with 7 hits and 5 strikeouts. Mychal Givens allowed a run, walk, and 2 hits, while getting just 1 out. Brad Brach was charged with the loss, allowing a run off 2 hits in 0.1 innings.

Manny Machado was 1-for-3 with a 2-run homer and a walk. Adrew Susac was 1-for-3 with a solo homer. Anthony Santander was 0-for-2, but walked, stole a base, and scored. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with an RBI.

The Pirates Jameson Taillon tossed a 5-hit shutout in a 1-0 win over the Marlins.

April 16th, 2018: We're all the way down to 29th in the Power Rankings, as we've lost 5 in a rown and 8 of our last 10.

Alex Cobb made his Orioles debut agasint David Price (1-1, 1.27 ERA, 0.75 WHIP) as we looked to avoid the sweep. We scored 4 in the 8th to tie the game at 5. This time, Xander Bogaerts walked it off with a single off Richard Blieer as the Sox completed the sweep with a 6-5 win.

Trey Mancini left the game after getting hit by a pitch...

Cobb went 5 innings with 7 hits, 3 runs, and 4 strikeouts in his seaosn debut. Jhan Marinez went 0.2 innings, allowing 2 solo homers. Darren O'Day was charged with the loss, allowing a hit and recording just 1 out.

Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a walk, grand slam, and two total runs scored. Caleb Joseph was 2-for-4 with a double. Craig Gentry was 1-for-4 with a double.

The Rockies 1B Ryan McMahon hit for the cycle in a 6-5 win over the Pirates.

We're off to Detroit to face the 8-8 Tigers. We'd see Jordan Zimmerman (0-1, 6.75 ERA), Mike Fiers, and Matt Boyd (0-2, 2.65 ERA).

April 17th, 2018: All of Mancini's x-rays came up negative, and he's fine.

The Yankees lost Jordan Montgomery for the year with a torn rotator cuff, and I know first hand how hard it is to lose him. He was 1-0 with a 2.92 ERA to start the season.

Now 6-11, we looked to earn a win with Andrew Cashner (0-2, 4.15 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) taking on Jordan Zimmermann (0-1, 6.75 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) in the first of three. We can't win one run games, and dropped the opener 6-5.

Cashner allowed 8 hits and 4 runs in 3 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts. Miguel Casro allowed 2 more in 1.2 innings with 3 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Bruce Rondon pitched 1.1 innings, with a walk and 4 strikeouts.

Anthony Santander went 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles, a run scored, and 2 RBI's. Manny Machardo was 1-for-4 with a 2 run double. Adam Jones was 2-for-4 with a run scored and RBI. Craig Gentry was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

Twins 1B Joe Mauer hit his 2,000th career hit. The longtime face of the franchise is a career .308/.391/.443 hitter in 1,744 career games.

I really wanted to claim CF Aaron Hicks of waivers, but I couldn't afford his contract...

April 18th, 2018: Max Scherzer tore his UCL and will miss the rest of the year. This is the second major injury to the Nationals rotation.

We looked to stop this skid that has dropped us all the way to last place, with Dylan Bundy (0-1, 1.13 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) facing Matt Boyd (0-2, 2.65 ERA, 0.76 WHIP). We finally stopped the skid with a nice 3-1 victory to even the series.

Bundy went 6, allowing just 2 hits, a run, and he struck out 8. Mychal Givens and Richard Bleier earned holds while Brad Brach recorded his 3rd save. Givens struck out 2 in the 7th.

Adam Jones was 2-for-4 with a double. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Anthony Santander was 1-for-3 with 2 RBI's. Chris Davis was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored, to raise his hits per game average to .333 (he's hitting .097 in 18 games).

After the game, I designated Pedro Alvarez for assignment because I noticed I only had three outfielders. I'd call someone up tomorrow.

April 19th, 2018: He didn't desere the callup, but I brought up RF Mike Yastrzemski, the grandson of Carl, the legendary Red Sox LF. He's having an awful year in the mionrs, but can play all three positions, and Austin Hays needs more developmental time.

Mike Fiers made his season debut against Kevin Gausman (3-0, 3.00 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) in the final game of the series. Fiers left with injury, but we were shutout 9-0.

Gausman left with a sore thumb, but won't miss his next start. He allwoed 3 runs and 4 hits with a strikeout in the 1st. Jhan Marinez allowed 3 hits in 3.1 innings with a strikeout. Aaron Bummer allowed 4 runs in 2.1 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts, and he'd be on his way to AAA. Darren O'Day allowed 2 more in the final 1.1 innings with 3 hits.

We had just 3 hits, including a pair of singles by Anthony Santander. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a single.

We'd head home for four with the Indians. We'd see Josh Tomlin (1-1, 3.60 ERA), Mike Clevinger (1-1, 4.09 ERA), Corey Kluber (1-0, 6.10 ERA), and Carlos Carrascso (!-2, 3.00 ERA).
Old 06-20-2018, 08:59 PM   #6
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 20th-April 26th

April 20th, 2018: Before the start of the Indians series, I reaclled Pedro Araujo. I have a waiver claim in place, so this will probably be a short stint.

We opened the series hosting the Indians with Josh Tomin (1-1, 3.60 ERA, 0.85 WHIP) taking on Mike Wright (0-0, 1.50 ERA, 0.94 WHIP). We scored 4 in the 8th in the 7-2 opening victory.

Wright went 5, allowing 6 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and recording 5 strikeouts. Aruajo, Bruce Rondon, and Miguel Castro earned holds before we broke it open. Those three and Mychal Givens all pitched an inning with a strikeout, while Rondon and Castro allowed hits.

Adam Jones went 2-for-4 with a 2-run homer and 2 runs scored. Manny Machado hit a pinch hit 3-run homer off Cody Allen in the 8th. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles and run scored. Caleb Joseph was a perfect 4-for-4 with a run scored and double. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a double, run scored, and RBI.

I earned the achievemnt "Hit Machine" for Joesph's performance.

Ryan Braun hit for the cycle in a 5-4 Brewers win over Miami.

April 21st, 2018: Mark Trumbo will begin a rehab assignment in Norfolk. I'm in no rush to get him back...

Pedro Alvarez cleared waivers, and was outrighted to AAA.

The struggling Corey Kluber (1-0, 6.10 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) took on Alex Cobb (0-0, 5.40 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) in game two of the series. We scored 4 in the 8th again, and took this one 7-2 to improve our record to 9-13.

Tim Beckham left with a sore thumb, but should be better after a day of rest tomorrow. He was 1-for-2 with a double. His replacement, Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-2 with 2 runs scored.

Cobb went 7 strong with 7 hits, 2 runs, and 7 strikeouts. Mychal Givens and Richard Bleier earned holds before we expanded our lead.

Mike Yastrzemski was 1-for-3 with his first career home run. Chris Davis was 2-for-4 with a homer, double, 2 runs, and 3 RBI's. Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a 2-run homer. Anthony Santander was 1-for-3 with a solo homer and got hit by a pitch.

April 22nd, 2018: We looked to win our third straight with Andrew Cashner (0-3, 5.31 ERA, 1.57 WHIP) taking on Mike Clevinger (1-1, 4.09 ERA, 1.09 WHIP). 7 is our lucky number, as we won the series with a 7-4 victory and would look for the sweep tomorrow.

Cashner went 5, allowing 6 hits, 1 run, 1 walk, and recorded 3 strikeouts. Pedro Araujo allwoed a run in 1.1 innings with a hit, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Darren O'Day allowed 2 (1 earned) in 0.1 innings with a walk and strikeout. Richard Bleier earned a hold, and Brad Brach struck out 2 in the 9th for the save.

Anthony Santander hit his 7th homer, and was 2-for-3 with 2 runs scored, a walk, and RBI. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with 2 steals, a run, and RBI. Caleb Joseph was 3-for-4 with a solo shot and 2 total RBI's. Ruben Tejada was 3-for-5 with 2 RBI's.

I earned the achievement "Batting Around" after the 4 run 3rd.

April 23rd, 2018: I claimed LHP Ennry Romero off waivers from the Nationals, and I hope he'll have more sucess for my Orioles team then he did for my Marlins team. He's got a starter's arsenal, 4 dependable pitches, but not much stamina. He can hit high 90s and grace 100 if he puts all his effort in it. Aruajo is back to AAA.

Caleb Joseph was named player of the week, going 10-for-15 with a homer and 2 RBI's.

We're up to 22nd in the Power Rankings, as our record improved to 10-13.

We looked to finish off the always difficult 4-game sweep with Dylan Bundy (1-1, 1.23 ERA, 0.91 WHIP) facing Carlos Carrasco (1-2, 3.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP). We couldn't pull it off, allowing a run in the 8th and 9th to drop the finale 4-3.

Bundy went 6, allowing 5 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. Enny Romero made his Orioles debut, 2 innings with a hit, run, and 4 strikeouts. Brach got the loss, 0.2 innings with a hit, run, and strikeout.

Chris Davis was 1-for-3 with a walk, solo homer, and 2 total RBI's. Adam Jones was 3-for-5 with a double and run scored. Manny Machado was 2-for-3 with a run scored and walk.

Tampa comes to town next, and we'll face Blake Snell (1-1, 3.60 ERA), Yonny Chirinos (0-0, 16.20 ERA), and Jacob Faria (2-0, 3.22 ERA).

April 24th, 2018: I sent Gabriel Ynoa to AAA for a rehab assignment.

We opened the Tampa series with Kevin Gausman (3-1, 3.96 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) taking on the young southpaw Blake Snell (1-1, 3.60 ERA, 1.55 WHIP). We opened the series with a 4-2 win, despite trying to blow it in the 9th.

Gausman allwoed just 1 hit and 4 runs in 6 innings with 5 strikeouts. Mychal Givens, Darren O'Day, and Brad Brach got holds, beofre Enny Romero earned the save. Givens struck out the side in the 7th, while Brach allowed a hit and run with a strike out in the 9th before Romero finished the game.

Jonathan Schoop and Caleb Joseph went 1-for-3 with a solo homer, walk, and strikeout. Anthony Santander was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Manny Machardo was 1-for-4 with a double and RBI. Mike Yastrzemski was 2-for-3 with a walk.

April 25th, 2018: We looked to continue our nice stretch with Mike Wright (1-0, 1.96 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) facing Yonny Chirinos (0-0, 16.20 ERA, 2.40 WHIP). We got 2 in the 8th to take a 5-3 lead we wouldn't give up.

Wright went 5.2 with 7 hits, 3 runs (2 earned), a walk, and a strikeout. Mychal Givens got the win, going 1.2 with a hit and 2 strikeouts. Darren O'Day notched the save, a perfect 9th with a strikeout.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with 2 runs, an RBI, a homer, and walk. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a 2-run homer. Craig Gentry was 1-for-3 with a double and RBI.

April 26th, 2018: We looked to complete the sweep, with former Ray Alex Cobb (1-0, 3.75 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) facing Jacob Faria (2-0, 3.22 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). The Rays got a run in the 9th to take a 1-0 lead, but we battled back to tie it. It took until the 14th for more scoring, and they scored 5 to take the finale 6-1.

Cobb went 5.2 innings with 4 hits, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Romero allowed the run in the 9th, getting just 1 out and allowing 2 hits. In his 4th inning, Bleier allowed all 5 runs. He went 3.2 with 7 hits, 3 walks, and a strikeout, but I can't get too mad at him and his 15 stamina...

Adam Jones was 2-for-6 with a steal. Yastrzemski was 1-for-5 with an RBI and walk. Chris Daivs was 1-for-4 with 2 walks.

Whit Merrifield extended his hit streak to 20 games. The Royals utility mand is hitting .380 to start the season.

We get to stay home, and host the Tigers for three. We'd see Francisco Liriano (1-1, 3.91 ERA), Jordan Zimmermann (2-1, 5.09 ERA), and Matt Boyd (0-3, 3.81 ERA).
Old 06-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #7
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 27th-May 3rd

April 27th, 2018: We opened the series hosting the Tigers with Andrew Cashner (1-3, 4.62 ERA, 1.54 WHIP) facing Francisco Liriano (1-1, 3.91 ERA, 1.57 WHIP). Leading off for the Tigers, the CF I wanted in Aaron Hicks. Down 4-1 entering the 9th, we scored three in the bottom half to tie up the game. In the 10th, Chris Davis took Alex Wilson deep, and we won the opener 5-4.

Adam Jones left with an oblique strain, and will head to the DL. I'd recall Mark Trumbo from his rehab assignment to take his place. Jones should miss just 10 days.

Cashner went 4.2 with 9 hits, 4 runs (3 earned), 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. The rest of the pen combined for 5.1 innings with 5 hits, a walk, and 8 strikeouts. Brad Brach earned the win, 2 innings with 2 strikeouts.

Davis launced two homers, a 2-run homer in the 9th and the walk off homer, in a 3-for-4 game where he also walked. Jones was 2-for-3 with a double, 2 walks, and run scored before getting hurt. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3 with a run scored and a walk.

I also earned the achievement "Walk Off" for Davis' walk off.

Whit Merrifield's streak was ended at 20 games today in a 8-2 loss to the White Sox.

I wanted to claim an outfielder off waivers, but both Leonys Martin and Cesar Puello were hitting below .110, so even the struggling Craig Gentry was a bit better.

April 28th, 2018: Game two saw Dylan Bundy (1-1, 1.61 ERA, 0.93 WHIP) take on Jordan Zimmermann (2-1, 5.09 ERA, 1.17 WHIP). We scored 3 in the 9th to take the second game 11-9. Caleb Joseph hit a three-run homer to win the game.

Bundy had a rough outing, allowing 6 runs and 5 hits in 4.2 innings with a walk and 8 strikeouts. Mychal Givens allowed 2 in 1.1 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts. Brad Brach earned the win, despite allowing a run, walk, and 2 strikeouts in the 9th.

The hero Joseph was 2-for-4 with an RBI double and walk to go with the game winning homer. Chris Davis was 2-for-5 with a solo homer and a double as he's actually hit the ball recently. Tim Beckham was 2-for-5 with a double, homer, 2 runs scored, and 2 RBI's. Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a double, walk, run scored, and an RBI. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-5 with 2 runs, an RBI, and a double.

April 29th, 2018: I claimed C Max Stassi off waivers and optioned C Andrew Susac to AAA. Stassi is hitting .250/.318/.350 in 20 at bats with the Astros. He's also a really good defender behind the plate.

We looked to finish the sweep with Kevin Gausman (4-1, 3.48 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) taking on Matt Boyd (0-3, 3.81 ERA, 1.06 WHIP). A lot of late early scoring saw the game tied 6-6 after the 5th. It went into extras, and the Tigers got 1 in the top, before we answered with another in the bottom. They scored another in the 11th, but we got two to finish the sweep with a 9-8 win.

Gausman was hit hard, 6 runs (5 earned) with 10 hits in 4 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts. Enny Romero pitched 3.2 innings, allowing 4 hits, 2 runs, 5 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Bruce Rondon struck out the side in the 7th, but walked one and allowed a hit. Givens got the win, walking a hitter and getting a strikeout to end the 11th.

Tim Beckham was 2-for-6 with a double, homer, 2 runs, and 3 RBI's. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-6 with a double, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Stassi was 2-for-3 with an RBI in his Orioles debut. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-2 with a run scored, walk, and double.

Ben Gamel hit for the cycle in a 13-3 win as the Mariners topped the Indians.

We got tomorrow off, and would travel to Los Angeles.

April 30th, 2018: We're an impressive 10th in the Power Rankings as we evened our reord at 15-15.

Looking ahead to the series with the Angels, we'd see Matt Shoemaker (1-2, 6.51 ERA), Shoehi Ohtani (0-2, 5.22 ERA), and Garrett Richards (2-0, 3.30 ERA).

May 1st, 2018: SP Michael Baumann was named South Atlantic Pitcher of the Month. He was 3-1 with a 1.42 ERA in 5 starts with 31.2 innings and 20 strikeouts.

Shoehi Ohtani (0-2, 5.22 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) jumped a spot in the rotation against Mike Wright (1-0, 2.20 ERA, 1.19 WHIP). We scored 3 in the 1st, and it was enough to win the opener 6-2.

Anthony Santander left with wrist soreness and will miss 2 weeks.

Wright allowed 6 hits and 2 runs in 6 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts. Jhan Marinez and Darren O'Day earned holds, and Brach pitched the 9th despite the lead.

Tim Beckham was 2-for-5 with a solo homer. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a double, run scored, RBI, hit by pitch, and a walk. Mike Yastrzemski was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored.

May 2nd, 2018: I recalled Austin Hays from AAA for a few days before Adam Jones comes off the DL.

Hays hit 7th and played RF as Alex Cobb (1-0, 2.55 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) took on Matt Shoemaker (1-2, 6.51 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). The pitching fell apart, and we dropped the middle game 7-1.

Cobb allowed 4 runs in 4.1 innings with 5 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Jhan Marinez gave up 2 hits and 2 runs without getting an out. Miguel Castro allowed a run in 1.2 innings with 2 walks. Rondon tossed 2 scorless with a hit, 2 walks, and a strikeout.

Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a double. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4.

May 3rd, 2018: We finished the series in Anaheim with Andrew Cashner (1-3, 4.80 ERA, 1.70 WHIP) facing Garrett Richards (2-0, 3.30 ERA, 1.30 WHIP). The Angels got three in the first, and took the finale 6-1.

Cashner went 5 innings, with 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and a strikeout. Mychal Givens was charged with a run in 1.2 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Darren O'Day allowed a hit, 2 runs, and a walk while getting just a strikeout.

Tim Beckham was 3-for-5. Hays was 1-for-3 with a double, run scored, and walk. Mike Yastrzemsnki was 1-for-3 with a RBI and walk.

We're off to Oakland for three with the 13-18 Athletics. We'd see Kendall Graveman (2-2, 3.25 ERA), Andrew Triggs (1-3, 4.85 ERA), and Sean Manaea (2-3, 4.75 ERA).

Below are our stats to start the year:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 06-21-2018, 10:53 PM   #8
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 4th-May 10th

May 4th, 2018: We opened the series in Oakland with Dylan Bundy (1-1, 3.03 ERA, 0.98 WHIP) taking on Kendall Graveman (2-2, 3.25 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). We allowed 3 in the 8th, and dropped the opener 6-5.

Bundy was solid, 6 innings with 4 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 6 strikeouts. Mychal Givens and Darren O'Day got holds, although O'Day didn't deserve it. He allowed 2 runs and 2 hits with 2 strikeouts. Richard Bleier got the loss, allowing a hit that later scored to the only batter he faced.

Tim Beckham was 2-for-5 with a 2-run homer and a steal. Chris Davis was 2-for-4 with a homer, 2 runs, an RBI, and a walk. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Manny Machado was 1-for-5 with his 5th double.

Craig Kimbrel got his 300th save win the Red Sox beat the Rangers 5-3. He earned it in his 494th career game. He's got a nice 1.86 ERA and 0.91 WHIP for his career.

May 5th, 2018: The draft pool was announced today, and this is the top 10 occording to OSA (My Scout/OSA):

1. RF Jarred Kelenic (2.5/4)
2. RHP Joe McDonagh (1/4)
3. RHP Casey Mize (4/4.5)
4. 3B Jonathan India (2.5/3.5): Selected in the 26th Round by Milwaukee in 2015
5. RHP Carter Stewart (2/4)
6. SS Brice Turang (2.5/3.5)
7. SS Nolan Gorman (1.5/3)
8. LHP Dwain Adamic (4/5)
9. RHP Ethan Hankins (3.5/4): He'll actually sign in this universe...
10. RHP Joe Weems (2.5/4.5)

My scout likes this pool, and there are a few standout players. The guys I want would be 5* C Will Banfield, SP Dan Hixson, or SS Brendan Pfeiffer. The next level includes SP Cole Wilcox (4.5) and 6 4* who are C or SP. This draft is actually really deep in C and SP, as well as a few solid middle infielders.

We're selecting 11th, so I don't know if we're going to get one of my top guys, but worst case I get a 4* or a solid 3.5.

Game two in Oakland took place between Kevin Gausman (4-1, 4.37 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) and Andrew Triggs (1-3, 4.85 ERA, 1.42 WHIP). We scored 2 runs in the 7th, and eventually finished the game with a 4-2 win to even the series.

Gausman had a strong start, 6 innings with 4 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Enny Romero, Miguel Csatro, Richard Bleier, and Hector Rondon earned holds, while Brad Brach struck out 2 in the 9th to get a save.

Tim Beckham was 3-for-4 with a double, steal, and a solo homer. Austin Hays was 1-for-4 with a solo shot. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Chris Davis was 1-for-4 with 2 homers. Caleb Joseph was 1-for-4 with a double.

During a rehab start, Gabriel Ynoa tossed a 5-hit shutout as Norfolk beat Louisville. Ynoa is rated a 1/2 and is out of options, so eventually I'll have to make room for him.

May 6th, 2018: We looked to take the series with Mike Wright (2-0, 2.34 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) taking on Sean Manaea (2-3, 4.75 ERA, 1.44 WHIP). We got 2 in the 1st, and it was enough for the 6-1 win.

Wright was brillinat, 7 shutout innings with 6 hits, a walk, and 6 strikeouts and he's really beomce a pleasent surprise. Marinez pitched the last two innings, alloiwng 2 hits, a walk, a run, and he recorded a strikeout.

Trey Mancini was a perfect 4-for-4 and just a triple away from the cycle. He launced 2 homers, walked, and drove in 4. Craig Gentry was 2-for-5 with a double, run scored, 2 RBI's, and a steal. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a run scored and a walk. Manny Machado was 1-for-4 with a walk and run scored.

We got tomorrow off before heading home.

May 7th, 2018: To shed salary, I waived Danny Valencia and Colorado shockingly claimed him. I'm actually happy, although I wish I traded him instead. Either way, no loss.

The Tigers will be without LHP Matt Boyd for the year with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament. Part of the David Price blockbuster, he's 0-3 with a 4.46 ERA to start the season.

We dropped down to 13th in the Power Rankings, but are still 18-18.

We're home to host the Royals who are just 12-23 to start the year. We'd see Danny Duffy (3-1, 2.97 ERA), Jason Hammel (1-4, 5.68 ERA), and Ian Kennedy (3-3, 4.85 ERA).

May 8th, 2018: The Twins will be without LF Eddie Rosario for the year with a broken kneecap. He was hitting .248 with 3 homers, 10 RBI's, and 13 runs scored in 109 at bats.

I activated CF Adam Jones from the DL and optioned RF Austin Hays to AAA. He hit leadoff and manned center as Alex Cobb (1-1, 3.68 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) took on Danny Duffy (3-1, 2.97 ERA, 1.09 WHIP). We scored 6 in the 8th to finish a 9-1 win.

Cobb went just 4.1 innings with 3 hits, a run, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. Jhan Marinez got the win, 1.2 innings with a walk and strikeout. Mychal Givens tossed 2 innings and earned a hold, with 2 walks and a strikeout.

Mancini was 2-for-4 with a walk, solo homer, and 2 total RBI's. Jones was 1-for-3 with a run scored and a walk in his return to the lineup. Gentry came off the bench to replace Jones, and was 1-for-1 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Tim Beckham was 1-for-5 with a triple. Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a double, walk, and 3 RBI's.

I earend the achievement "Team Effort" for the 6 run 8th.

May 9th, 2018: Andrew Cashner (1-4, 4.89 ERA, 1.66 WHIP) took on Jason Hammel (1-4, 5.68 ERA, 1.45 WHIP) in game two. It was a slugfest that lasted 14 innings, but the Royals edged us 12-10.

Cashner allowed 6 (5 earned) in 4.2 with 9 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. Defense cost us again, and Marinez allowed 3 (2 earned) in 0.1 innings with 2 hits and a strikeout. Mychal Givens also allowed an unearned run, and walked the only hitter he faced. Before Bleier, the rest of the pen tossed 6 innings with 4 hits, 2 walks, and 8 strikeouts. Bleier tossed 3 innings, allowing 8 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Chris Davsi was 2-for-5 with a homer, 2 runs, 3 RBI's, and a wlak. Adam Jones was 2-for-7 with a homer, steal, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-7 with 2 doubles, a run, and 2 RBI's. Craig Gentry was 2-for-5 with a run scored, walk, steal, and double. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-5 with a 2 run homer and a walk. Tim Beckham was 1-for-7, but hit a solo shot.

May 10th, 2018: We looked to win the series with Dylan Bundy (1-1, 3.26 ERA, 0.96 WHIP) taking on Ian Kennedy (3-3, 4.85 ERA, 1.26 WHIP). It took 11 innings tonight, and Chris Davis hit a walk-off 2 run homer in the 12-10 victory.

Bundy had a rough outing, 4.1 innings with 10 hits, 8 runs, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Brad Brach allowed 2 hits and 2 runs without getting an out. Miguel Castro got the win, 3 innings with a hit, walk, and strikeout.

Davis hit 2 homers to increase his total to 12. He was 4-for-6 with 3 runs and 6 RBI's, and may actually be a decent trade candidate. He's hitting .197/.303/.492, so if you overlook average, he's a stud. Adam Jones was 2-for-5 with a two run homer. Manny Machado was 4-for-5 with 3 runs scored and a walk.

For Davis' performance, I earned the achievement "Knock Them In" for the 6 RBI's.

Well, can't say I expected to be 20-19 to start the year, and we'd host Tampa for three more. At 11-24, it should be an easy matchup. We'd see Ryan Yarbrough (0-2, 7.71 ERA), Blake Snell (1-3, 3.41 ERA), and Yonny Chirinos (1-1, 7.04 ERA).
Old 06-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #9
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 11th-May 17th

May 11th, 2018: We hosted Tampa for the start of a three game series with Kevin Gausman (5-1, 4.17 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) taking on Blake Snell (1-3, 3.41 ERA, 1.49 WHIP). We scored 2 in the 8th to tie the game at 5, and it stayed tied through 9. The Rays got three in the 10th, and took the opener 8-5.

Mychal Givnes was overused, and left with injury. He went 4.1 innings with 3 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Gausman struggled, 5 runs in 5 innings with 10 hits and 6 strikeouts.

Mark Trumbo went 3-for-4 with a pair of solo homers and a walk. Max Stassi was 1-for-4 with a solo homer, walk, and steal. Mike Yastrzemski was 1-for-4 with a solo homer and walk. Adam Jones was 2-for-5 with a walk, double, and run. Jonathan Schoop was 3-for-4 with a sac bunt.

Jacoby Ellsbury went 5-for-6 in a 7-6 Yankees win over the Athletics.

Down in AAA, Austin Hays went 5-for-6 in a 11-6 Tides win over the Stripers.

Down further in Delmarva, CF Ryan McKenna went 5-for-7 in a 20-2 win over the Lexington Legends.

May 12th, 2018: We looked to bounce back with Mike Wright (3-0, 1.94, 1.15 WHIP) facing Ryan Yarbrough (0-2, 7.71 ERA, 2.11 WHIP). We scored 3 in the 1st and 4 in the 6th to take the middle game 7-6.

Wright pitched fine, 5 innings with 6 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 3 strikeout. Jhan Marinez allowed 2 runs in 0.1 innings. Richard Belier allowed 1 in the 8th off 3 hits. Brad Brach struck out the side in the 9th to earn his 6th save.

Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a three run homer. Manny Machado was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-3 with a two run homer and RBI double. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with 2 runs scored and a walk.

May 13th, 2018: Givens is okay, and can resume play immediately.

We looked to take the series with Alex Cobb (1-1, 3.42 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) taking on Yonny Chirinos (1-1, 7.04 ERA, 1.48 WHIP). The pitching struggled, and we dropped the finale 8-4.

Cobb and Darren O'Day both left with injury. O'Day is pending, while Cobb will head to the DL with back tightness.

Cobb went just 2, with 5 hits and 3 runs. Bruce Rondon allowed 2 in 0.2 innings with 3 hits, 2 walks, and a strikeout. O'Day allowed 3 in 3.1 with 4 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a double, RBI, and run scored. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3 with a double and 2 RBI's. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-4 with a run scored and RBI.

I recalled Gabriel Ynoa from his rehab assignment. He'll be the new #5 starter while Cobb heals.

We got tomorrow off before Philadelphia comes to town.

May 14th, 2018: Frederick 3B Jomar Reyes was named Carolina League Player of the Week, going 12-for-27 with 3 homers and 6 RBI's.

The Dodgers will be without the always injured LHP Rich Hill for the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. Hill started the year 2-3 with a 4.34 ERA.

The Power Rankings have us at 15th

The 25-16 Phillies ome to town for two, and we'd see Jerad Eickhoff and Mark Leiter Jr. (1-0, 6.28 ERA).

May 15th, 2018: O'Day was diagnoses with a sprained ankle, and is headed to the DL for about 2 weeks. I activated Anthony Santander from his rehab assignment.

We opened the series with Jerad Eickhoff making his season debut against Andrew Cashner (1-4, 5.45 ERA, 1.71 WHIP). Despite allowing 2 in the 9th, we walked away with the 6-4 win.

Jonathan Schoop left with back stiffness, and will be DTD for 5 days.

Cashner went 6, allowing 5 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and recording 9 strikeouts. Miguel Castro got the win, 1.1 innings with a hit. Brah allowed 2 in the 9th off 4 hits with 2 strikeouts.

Santander came back with a bang, 2-for-4 with a 2-run homer. Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a triple, homer, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Tim Bekcham was 2-for-4 with a solo shot and 2 total runs scored. Schoop was 1-for-3 with a double, and his repalcemnet, Ruben Tejada, was 1-for-1 with a run and RBI.

May 16th, 2018: The Indians traded RHP Shane Beiber and RHP Micah Miniard to the White Sox for CL Joakim Soria and cash. I like this deal for both teams.

We looked for the quick sweep with Dylan Bundy (1-1, 4.00 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) facing Jake Arrieta (3-1, 2.48 ERA, 1.15 WHIP). We scored runs in the 7th, 8th, and 9th to bring it into extras, and Trey Mancini hit a 2-run shot off Pat Neshek to walk off 6-4 winners.

Bundy went 4.1 with 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Enny Romero allowed a run and 2 hits in 0.1 innings. Bruce Rondon got the win, 2 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts.

Mancini also had a solo shot, in a 2-for-4 effort with a walk as well. Chris Davis hit a pinch hit solo homer in the 9th for Mike Yastrzemski, who was 1-for-3 with a solo shot. Adam Jones was 1-for-5 with a solo homer. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-3 with a double and hit by pitch.

Tampa's Adeiny Hechavarria was 5-for-5 in an 8-3 win over the Royals.

Tomorrow was a day off before we start a road trip.

May 17th, 2018: We're off to Boston for three with the 1st place Red Sox. We'll see Chris Sale (5-1, 3.40 ERA), Carlos Villanueva (3-2, 4.18 ERA), and Rick Porcello (2-1, 3.23 ERA).
Old 06-23-2018, 12:32 AM   #10
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 18th-May 24th

May 18th, 2018: Before the opener with the Red Sox, I designated C Andrew Susac for assignment.

Kevin Gausman (5-1, 4.70 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) took the mound in the opener against Chris Sale (5-1, 3.40 ERA, 0.90 WHIP). They got 5 in the 1st and took the opener 8-2.

Gausman was hit hard, 8 runs (5 earned) in 3.1 innings with 11 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Miguel Castro tossed 2 scorless with 2 hits, a walk, and strikeout. Jhan Marinez tossed 2.1 scorless, with 2 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts.

Mark Trumbo was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Adam Jones strained his oblique, and will head to the DL. He doubled to start the 1st. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with an RBI.

Miguel Cabrera was 5-for-7 in a 9-8 Tigers win over the Mariners.

May 19th, 2018: I have a claim that goes through tomorrow, so I brought Susac to the active roster. I'd DFA him again once my claim goes through.

Mike Wright (3-0, 2.31 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) took on Carlos Villanueva (3-2, 4.18 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) in the middle game. The Sox got 4 in the 7th to take the middle game 4-2, dropping us to 23-23.

Wright went 6.2, with 6 hits, 4 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Enny Romero wetn 1.1 innings with a hit and walk.

Mark Trumbo was 2-for-4 with a two run homer. Ruben Tejada was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Manny Machado and Tim Beckham were 1-for-4 with a double. Craig Gentry was 2-for-4.

May 20th, 2018: I claimed Jeremy Jeffress off waivers and DFA'd Suasac.

Seattle will be without RHP Juan Nicasio for the rest of the year with a torn labrum. The reliever signed in the offseason with the M's, and had a 4.05 ERA in 18 apperaences.

We looked to avoid the sweep with Andrew Cashner (1-4, 5.12 ERA, 1.62 WHIP) facing Rick Porcello (2-1, 3.23 ERA, 1.02 WHIP). Both teams scored 3 in the 1st, but we edged the hometeam 5-4 to salvage the finale.

Brad Brach left with forearm soreness, but will miss just a few days and will avoid a DL stint. He got a hol, allowing a hit and getting a strikeout in 0.2 innings.

Cashner went 5, allowing 4 runs (1 earned) with 6 hits, 3 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Rondon, Jefress, Bleier, and Givens also got holds, before Miguel Castro threw 1 pitch to get a fly out for the save. Jefress went 1.1 innings in his debut with us, walking 1 hitter.

Jonathan Schoop was 3-for-4 with a solo hoemr and 2 runs scored. Tkm Beckham was 2-for-4 with a two run homer. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Anthony Santander was 1-for-4 with a double and 2 RBI's.

We're off to Chicago to face the 19-27 White Sox for four. We'd see Hector Santiago (3-2, 5.50 ERA), Carson Fulmer (1-3, 5.97 ERA), Chris Tillman (1-7, 8.83 ERA), and James Shields (1-4, 6.45 ERA).

May 21st, 2018: Now 24-23, we're up to 12th in the Power Rankings.

We opened the series in Chicago with Gabriel Ynoa making his season debut against Hector Santiago (3-2, 5.50 ERA, 1.49 WHIP). We got 4 in the 5th, and it was enough for the 4-1 series opening victory.

Ynoa was amazing, 8 innings with 3 hits, a run, walk, and 4 strikeouts. Yes, it's the White Sox, but still, near perfect. Brach earned the save, despite walking 2 in the 9th.

Mike Yastrzemski was 1-for-3 with a grand slam. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a double and sac bunt. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a double and walk. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3 with a run and walk.

Jake Arrieta tossed a 2-hit shutout as the Phillies beat Atlanta 9-0.

May 22nd, 2018: Game two took place between Dylan Bundy (1-1, 4.75 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) and Carson Fulmer (1-3, 5.97 ERA, 1.57 WHIP). Another strong pitching outing, and we won 5-1.

Bundy went just 4.2, with 6 hits, a run, walk, and 5 strikeouts. Miguel Castro got the win, 2.1 innings with a walk, hit, and strikeout. Mychal Givens earned a hold, pitching a hitless 8th, but we got 2 in the 9th.

Tim Beckham was 3-for-4 with 2 runs scored, an RBI, and a walk. Manny Machado was 1-for-5 with a double and RBI. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-4 with a walk, RBI, and double. Trey Mancini had a pinch-hit, 2 run double in the 9th.

May 23rd, 2018: All Star Voting starts today.

The Rays lost SP Jacob Faria for the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. THe 24-year-old was 3-1 with a 2.25 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 52 innings.

I outrighted Susac to AA.

We looked to take the series with Kevin Gausman (5-2, 5.29 ERA, 1.52 WHIP) taking on former Oriole Chris Tillman (1-7, 8.83 ERA, 1.91 WHIP). Somehow I feel like he'll screw us over agian... Of course, he tossed a gem, and we lost 6-0.

Gausman allowed 3 in 4.2 innings with 8 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Former Sox reliever Bruce Rondon allowed 3 runs off 2 walks and a hit in 0.1 innings.

We had just 5 hits, all singles. Max Stassi was 1-for-2 with a walk. Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a walk.

Jose Altuve went 5-for-6 in an 8-5 Astros win over the Giants.

Darren O'Day is reaching 10/5 time, so expect him to be traded soon.

May 24th, 2018: Alex Cobb will head back to AAA for a rehab start or two.

We looked to win the series with Mike Wright (3-1, 2.70 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) facing James Shileds (1-4, 6.54 ERA, 1.62 WHIP). Both teams got 1 in the 6th, but we got 2 more in the 7th to take a 3-1 win.

Wright went 6, with 3 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Richard Bleier and Jeremy Jeffress got holds and Brad Brach earned the save with a perfect 9th.

Anthony Santander was a triple away from the cycle, 3-for-3 with a hit by pitch, run scored, and 2 driven in. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with an RBI double. Craig Gentry was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

We're off to Tampa to finish our road trip with three against the last place Rays. We'd see J.D. Martin (1-0, 2.70 ERA), Matt Andriese (0-2, 3.35 ERA), and Chris Archer (1-3, 4.30 ERA).
Old 06-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #11
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 25th-May 30th

May 25th, 2018: We opened the series in Tampa with Andrew Cashner (2-4, 4.80 ERA, 1.64 WHIP) taking on J.D. Martin (1-0, 2.70 ERA, 1.05 WHIP). It took 12 innings, but we got 4 in the top half for the 9-5 win to improve our record to 28-24. Maybe I won't have to rebiuld...

Cashner went 5, allowing 6 hits, 5 runs (3 earned), 2 walks, and a strikeout. These unearned runs are really killing me recently... The rest of the pen combined for 7 runs with 5 hits, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Enny Romero got the win, 1.2 innings with a hit.

Mark Trumbo was 4-for-6 and a triple away from the cycle. He hit a three run home run the 12th and scored twice. Trey Mancini was 3-for-6 with a double, 2 runs, and an RBI. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-6 with a double, RBI, and 2 runs scored. Manny Machado was 2-for-5 with a walk and run.

Kris Bryant hit three homers in a 12-5 Cubs win over the Giants. Mashiaro Tanaka tossed a 1-hitter in a Yankees 4-0 win over the Angels.

May 26th, 2018: Zach Britton will be sent to A Delmarva for a rehab assignment. He will likely be down for a while.

Game two saw Gabriel Ynoa (1-0, 1.13 ERA, 0.50 WHIP) and Matt Andriese (0-2, 3.35 ERA, 1.32 WHIP). Both teams are hoping for solid starting pitching, to save the tired pens. Luckily, it went just 9, but we dropped this one 8-5.

Craig Gentry left with a mild oblque strain, and will head to the DL. I'd bring Adam Jones back soon.

Ynoa went 4.1, allowing 5 runs (4 earned), 9 hits, and he walked 2. Jhan Marinez got the loss, 1.2 innings with 2 hits and a run. Miguel Castro went 1.1 with 3 hits, 2 runs (1 earned) and a walk.

Mike Yastrzemski was 2-for-3 with a pair of solo homers and a hit by pitch. I hope he made an epic bat flip and that's why he got pluncked. Max Stassi was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Tim Beckham and Manny Machado were both 2-for-5, although Beckham also scored.

May 27th, 2018: Darren O'Day is off to AAA to begin a rehab assignment, and CF Adam Jones has been activated from the DL.

We looked to finish the series with a win, as Dylan Bundy (1-1, 4.50 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) battled Ryan Yarbrough (0-2, 7.56 ERA, 1.95 WHIP). We got four in the first, and it helped us win the finale 8-6.

Bundy went 5, with 4 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and a strikeout. Marinez went just 0.2 innings with 2 hits, 2 runs, and a strikeout. Bruce Rondon, Richard Bleier and Mychal Givens earned holds, and Brad Brach got a save.

Tim Beckham was 1-for-5 with a solo homer. Chris Davis was 2-for-4 with a three run homer and a steal. Anthony Santander was a perfect 4-for-4 with 2 doubles, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a walk and 2 runs scored.

We returned home for three with our NL rivals, the Nationals. We'd see Tyler Mapes, Tanner Roark (2-4, 3.95 ERA), and Erick Fedde (0-3, 4.63 ERA).

May 28th, 2018: Down in AAA Norfolk, Pedro Alvarez was named International League Player of the Week, hitting .500 with 2 homers, 9 RBI's, and 7 runs scored.

At 29-25 and 6.5 games out of first, we're up to 7th in the Power Rankings.

Tanner Roark (2-4, 3.95 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) jumped Mapes in the rotation and started the opener agianst Kevin Gausman (5-3, 5.33 ERA, 1.56 WHIP). Headed to the 9th, it was 1-0, but Adam Eaton tied the game up with an RBI double. In the bottom half, Max Stassi took Sean Doolittle deep, and we reclaimed the opener with a 2-1 win.

Gausman was great, 8 innings with 4 hits, 0 runs, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Brach blew the save, allowing a run off 2 hits in the 9th, but ended up getting the win.

Stassi was just 1-for-4 with the walk off homer. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a solo homer in the 4th. Mike Yastrzemski was 2-for-3 and 1-for-2 in steals. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-2 with a walk and steal.

Jacob deGrom tossed a 6-hit shutout in a 4-0 Mets win over the Braves. His teammate, Brandon Nimmo, increased his hit streak to 20 in the win.

May 29th, 2018: Today's game was rained out, and we'd play a double header tomorrow.

Nimmo's hit streak was ended today.

May 30th, 2018: Game 1 of the double header saw Andrew Cashner (2-4, 4.85 ERA, 1.63 WHIP) face Tyler Mapes, who was making his first start of the year. The Nats got 3 in the 5th and 8th to take Game 1 7-3.

Cashner allowed 4 in 4.2 with 7 hits and 3 strikeouts. Mychal Givens allowed 3 in 0.2 innings with 3 hits, 2 walks, and a strikeout. Marinez went 1.1 with a walk and 2 strikeouts.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a pair of solo homers. Chris Davis was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo home run.

Game 2 took place between Mike Wright (4-1, 2.58 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) and EricK Fedde (0-3, 4.63 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) as we looked to avoid the double header sweep. The Nats got 14 hits and took the finale 8-4 to win the day and series.

Wright allwoed 5 in 4.2 innings with 8 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Miguel Castro finished the 5th, and allowed 2 more hits and runs. Jeremy Jefress was charged with a run, 2 hits, and a strikeout in the 7th.

Manny Machado was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with 2 RBI's. Mike Yastrzemski was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Chris Davis was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored, and rose his average to .200.

Tigers CF Aaron Hicks was 5-for-5 in a 8-5 win over the Angels.

The Yankees come to town for four, and we'd see Sonny Gray (2-5, 4.55 ERA), Chad Green (2-2, 5.92 ERA), Chris M. Smith (1-1, 5.21 ERA), and Luis Severino (6-2, 2.67 ERA).
Old 06-23-2018, 10:36 PM   #12
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 31st-June 4th

May 31st, 2018: This will be a quick one as the draft is the 4th, a day off for the team.

We opened up the series with the Yankees and Gabriel Ynoa (1-0, 3.65 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) took on Sonny Gray (2-5, 4.55 ERA, 1.30 WHIP). We got three in the eigth, and took the opener 6-5.

Ynoa left with a herniated disc, and will miss 7-8 weeks. He went 3 innings, allowing 7 hits, 3 runs, and he got a punch out. Jhan Marinez allowed a run and walk in 0.2 innings with a strikeout. Miguel Castro tossed 1.2 innings wtih 2 walks and 4 strikeouts. Jeremy Jeffress got the win, 2 innings with a walk, and Brad Brach got the save, allowing a hit, run, and strikeout in the 9th.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-3 with a walk, 2 runs scored, and solo homer. Adam Jones was 2-for-5 with a double and steal. Max Stassi was 2-for-4 with a double and 2 RBI's. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with 2 runs scored.

With Ynoa heading to the DL, I recalled Alex Cobb from his rehab.

Luiz Gohara of the Braves tossed a 6-hit shutout as his team won 4-0 against the Nationals. Corey Kluber tossed a 4-hit shutout in a 9-0 Indians win over the Twins.

June 1st, 2018: Norfolk LF D.J. Stewart was named Batter of the Month. He hit .361 with 5 homers, 26 RBI's, and 31 runs scored.

Delmarva RP Ryan Burr was named South Atlantic Pitcher of the Month, working a 0.60 ERA with 9 saves and 21 strikeouts in 15 innings. I acquired him from the White Sox earlier in the year.

Game two saw Dylan Bundy (2-1, 4.74 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) face Chad Green (2-2, 5.92 ERA, 1.61 WHIP) who's moved back to the rotation. The Yanks offense was efficient, and they evened the series with a 8-2 win, with just 5 hits.

Bundy went 5.2, allowing 4 hits, 7 runs, and 3 walks, while striking out 3. Bruce Rondon went 1.1 with a run, walk, and strikeout. Mychal Givens tossed 2 shutout with a hit, walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Mike Yastrzemski was 1-for-4 with a double. Chris Davis was 2-for-4 with a double. Manny Machado was 1-for-4 with a run and RBI. Trey Mancini was 0-for-1 with a run and 3 walks. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-3 with a sac-fly.

June 2nd, 2018: We looked to take the third game with Kevin Gausman (5-3, 4.65 ERA, 1.45 WHIP) facing 37-year-old Chris Smith (1-1, 5.21 ERA, 1.53 WHIP). The Yanks edged us 4-3 to take the 2-1 series lead.

Gausman went 6, allowing 2 runs, 8 hits, 2 walks, and getting 5 strikeouts. Enny Romero got the loss, getting a strikeout, walk, and run. Jeremy Jefress faced two batters, walked one and allowed a hit, and was charged with a run.

All three runs were solo homers. Caleb Joseph was 2-for-2 with a solo homer and walk. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a solo shot. Chris Davis was 1-for-3 with a solo shot.

June 3rd, 2018: Today's game was rained out, so we'd have two straight off days. Tomorrow is the Amateur Draft, so I'll have a special draft edition for my first draft in Baltimore, that hopefully goes better then my Miami drafts...

June 4th, 2018: I claimed Mason Williams off waivers and designated RP Jhan Marinez for assignment. Williams gives me an OF option off the bench.

We're also down to 15th in the Power Rankings.

We'll head to New York for two to play the Mets, facing Zack Wheeler (2-3, 2.67 ERA) and Noah Syndergaard (4-3, 3.12 ERA).
Old 06-24-2018, 05:44 PM   #13
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Amateur Draft

The Tigers, just like in real life, selected SP Casey Mize 1st Overall.

1st Round, 11th Overall: SP Cole Wilcox (4): It was between him and C Shane Marshall, although I think Marshall may slip to the 2nd, while Wilcox has no chance. He's got four plus pitches, including one of the best slider's you'll ever see. The 18-year-old has nice stamina, throws 92-94, and is stuff is just insane. The Chickamauga, GA native could work on his control and movement, but he's still a future ae for sure, and has the energy to keep improving.

1st Round, 38th Overall: SS Matthew Golda (4): I may have not got Marshall, but Golda is definitely a great second pick. He's got solid speed and will develop into a top notch fielding shortstop. He's got a great eye and makes a lot of contact. The Bradenton, FL native doesn't have much power, but he's got a well-rounded game other then that, and will be a nice future replacement for Manny Machado.

2nd Round, 58th Overall: 3B Bryce Reagan (3.5): Another quality defender, he'll man third while Golda plays SS in our future team. The 18-year-old is a great base runner with amazing contact and 97 potential for gap power. Expect a lot of extra base hits and close takes from Reagan.

3rd Round, 88th Overall: SP Jon Wiggins (3.5): It's split whether he'll have the stamina to start (OSA has him at 55 my scout at 39) but he's got three plus-plus pitches including a 86 rated change up. He's got solid movement and average control, but he does a good job of keeping the ball on the ground.

4th Round, 118th Overall: SP Mason Englert (4): Says he won't sign, but I'll try to convince him otherwise. He's got excellent stamina and three plus pitches and a plus plus change. He's got excellent control as well, and has the making of a top of the rotation starter like Wilcox. although he may go attend college.

5th Round, 148th Overall: 1B Alex Binelas (3): He's got massive power a nice glove at first. He's one of the few talented guys left that will sign, but it's definitel not a settle. He doesn't have the best eye, but makes enough contact to avoid strikeouts.

6th Round, 178th Overall: CF Alek Thomas (3): I'll have to match his $2.2 million bonus demands if I want to sign the Chicago native, but it's worth the gamble. He makes amazing contact, rated a 94 for potential, but doesn't have much power. He's got great speed, a great eye, and will almost never strikeout. He's likely to end up in a corner, but he can stay in center.

7th Round, 208th Overall: SS Nick Owens (3): He may end up at second, but he can play either spot, and even possibly third. He's got a well rounded bat, and solid power for a shortstop. He won't hit many doubles, but makes really good contact.

8th Round, 238th Overall: RP John Mason (3): Here's a safe pick: Mason has two elite pitches and can rise quickly through the system and join the bullpen as soon as next season. He needs to work on his slider movement, but his fastball averages around 94-96 and his slider isn't much slower.

9th Round, 268th Overall: SS Sam Rice (3): He should stay at short and become an elite fielder their. His bat lags a little behind, although he does make good contact. He has very little power and strikes out a lot, but he's still a good hitter for his glove.

10th Round, 298th Overall: SP Nick Bush (2.5): He's got great control and a solid arsenal. He's got great stamina, but his stuff isn't all that. It's the only thing holding him back from being a top of the rotation guy, and he averages around 87-89 with his fastball, although that can improve.

11th Round, 328th Overall: C Jeffery Holtz (3): He's got a great arm and a great bat, although he won't sign. He can call a decent game, although he isn't perfect. He needs to work on his contact in college.

12th Round, 358th Overall: SS Drew Bianco (2.5): He can play a little short, catcher, and third, although third should be his final spot. He's got decent speed and plus plus power. He needes to work on refining his game, but he's a great prospect and a steal this late.

13th Round, 388th Overall: SP Ryan Cusick (2.5): Another solid rotation prospect, he's got a plus fastball and slider and averages 91-93 with his fastball. He has the stamina for the rotation and he can depend on his 3rd pitch.

14th Round, 418th Overall: SS Kelvin Smith Jr. (2.5): He's going to be a solid defneder at either middle spot, and he has excellent speed. His bat isn't the best, although his athleticism is his calling card. He does make solid contact and avoid's striking out as well.

15th Round, 448th Overall: C Keegan Fish (3): He won't sign. He's a decent defensive catcher, and has a great eye. He makes decent contact and hits for solid power.

16th Round, 478th Overall: SP Connor Van Scoyoc (2.5): Won't sign. He doesn't have starter stamina yet, although his change up is devestating. He's got two more plus pitches and great overall stuff. He averages 90-92 with his fastball, and college should help him head to the higher rounds.

17th Round, 508th Overall: LF Manny Gonzalez (2.5); He's a solid defensive corner outfielder with solid speed. He's got great contact and will hit a lot of doubles. He does struggle with strikeouts.

18th Round, 538th Overall: CF Trevor Cadd (2.5): He's got great speed and can land at any OF spot. He's got a great eye and doesn't strike out a lot, although he's got to improve his bat.

19th Round, 568th Overall: 3B Jackson McGowan (2.5): He might end up at first, although he's got great power. He's got a solid eye, but needs to improve his contact. He's got the arm for third, however, but I'm betting on him ending up at first.

20th Round, 598th Overall: RP Riley McCauley (2.5): He ended up with me in my Marlins franchise, and I selected him here. He's got two good pitches, and throws 91-93 with his fastball. He's got great control, and could jump to the bigs quick.

21st Round, 628th Overall: 1B Justin Olson (2.5): He can also play corner outfield, although he's likely a 1B. He's got an excellent eye and solid power, but needs to make more contact. He hit's a lot of flyballs and pulls it to right.

22nd Round, 658th Overall: SP Brady Fiegl (2): I went down a bit for a starter. He's got a plus plus curve and two other plus pitches. He's got starter stamina, but may end up in the pen.

23rd Round, 688th Overall: SP Colton Westfall (2): Another starter here, he also might end up in the pen. He's got four solid pitches, and has average control, movement, and stuff. He doesn't throw too hard, but he uses his pitches well.

24th Round, 718th Overall: CF Zion Killings (2): Won't sign. He's a really interesting prospect, rated 67/13/68/8/64 for his potentials. He's also got great speed and outfield ratings.

25th Round, 748th Overall: CF Steven Kwan (2.5): He's likely going to end up in a corner spot, but does have great speed and range. Hisbat isn't the best, but as a lefty, he has 4th outfielder potential.

26th Round, 778th Overall: C Liam O'Regan (2.5): He's not just a catcher, and can play 1B, LF, and RF. He's best suited for a catcher, but gives versatility off the bench. He's also got solid power.

27th Round, 808th Overall: C Brock Mathis (2): Won't sign. He's got solid catcher skills, but his bat is in need of work. He's likely to return for his senior year at Northwest Florida State.

28th Round, 838th Overall: CF Humberto Tienda (2): He's got amazing speed and can stick in center. He's got great range and great pop, but doesn't make much contact. If he fixes that in college, he could shoot up draft boards.

29th Round, 868th Overall: CF Jim Glasser (2.5): I think he ends up in right, with his cannon of an arm, but he has the speed for center. His fault is he doesn't always make the routine catches. He's got a solid bat, but still has work to go.

30th Rounder, 898th Overall: SP Jayson Schroeder (2): He may not end up a starter, but I love his stamina and five pitch arsenal. He's got two plus pitches, but lacks a dependable third option. He also throws mid 90s.

31st Rounder, 928th Overall: SP Bobby Shehadi (1.5): Won't sign. Devestating curveball, solid stamina, but injury concerns. He's aiming to attend college.

32nd Rounder, 958th Overall: SP Mike Ellis (2): He's got an amazing curveball, plus fastball, and average change up. He can end up a starter, but will likely just have a spot role.

33rd Rounder, 988th Overall: CF Jon Boerger (2): He's got great speed and runs the bases well, but needs to work on his first step. He's got solid range and can stay in center. He's got a solid bat as well.

34th Round, 1,018th Overall: CF Dan Kidd (1.5): Won't sign: Great speed and versatility. He's got a cannon and makes all the plays you expect from an outfielder. He needs to work on his contact.

35th Round, 1,048th Overall: CF Jalen Atterbury (1.5): The game doesn't say it, but he went to Savannah State. I know this, because I saw him play, and I remember all the fans being annoying and say "wow he look's like he's 12" since he's 5'6" 140 lbs. He's got great speed, can stay in center, and a decent enough bat.

36th Round, 1,078th Overall: SP Mike Graham (1.5): The draft did go past 35! He's got great stamina, three solid pitches, and solid control. I see him as a pen guy, but he can surprise.

37th Round, 1,108th Overall: 3B Vincent Martin (1.5): Won't sign. He can play a bunch of positions, but needs to work on his bat. He's got a real nice arm.

38th Round, 1,138th Overall: SS Josh Frey (2.5): The rating is a little miselading, as his ratings are very skewed. He's got great range, but makes a lot of errors so I see him at second or third. He doesn't strike out much either.

39th Round, 1,168th Overall: RF Josh Rix (1.5): Won't sign. He's a decent corner outfielder, although the arm really isn't there. He's got nice pop and makes good contact.

40th Round, 1,198th Overall: CF Jaden Ruffins (2): He's got brilliant speed and can end up in center, although he'll be a solid defender in whichever spot he ends up. He doesn't have power, but a solid bat that gives him a Jarrod Dyson like comparison.

And with that, we have our first draft class in Baltimore!

I waived Chris Davis to free up space to sign a few of the unsignable guys.

Last edited by ayaghmour2; 06-24-2018 at 05:46 PM.
ayaghmour2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:26 PM   #14
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 5th-June 10th

June 5th, 2018: The Dodgers will be without SP Walker Buehler for the year with a stretched elbow ligament. He started the season 2-3 with a 6.11 ERA and has struck out 37 in 35.1 innings.

Alex Cobb (1-2, 4.13 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) took on Zack Wheeler (2-3, 2.67 ERA, 1.43 WHIP) in the first at two in Citi Field, where our pitchers would have to hit for themselves. Our hitters didn't hit for themselves, however, and we were shut out 3-0.

Cobb went 5 with 4 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Richard Bleier was charged with a hit and run in 0.1 innings. Miguel Castro tossed 2 innings with a hit.

Manny Machado was 1-for-4 with a double. Mason Williams was 0-for-2 with 2 walks in his Orioles debut. Chris Davis had a pinch hit single in the 9th.

Phillies RF Aaron Altherr hit three homers in an 11-5 win over the Cubs.

June 6th, 2018: Craig Gentry was sent to AAA to begin a rehab assignment. I'd stash him in AAA for awhile.

1st Rounder Cole Wilcox signed a $1 million signing bonus.

The White Sox sent RHP Gregory Infante to the Diamondbacks for 2B Raymel Flores. I don't know what the Sox were thinking...

We looked to split the two game set with Andrew Cashner (2-5, 5.07 ERA, 1.62 WHIP) facing Noah Syndergaard (4-3, 3.12 ERA, 1.00 WHIP). The Mets got three in the fourth and finished the sweep with a 6-2 win.

Cashner allowed 4 in 5 innings with 8 hits, 4 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Bruce Rondon allowed a run and hit in the 6th with a strikeout. Enny Romero allowed a run and two hits with a walk and strikeout in the 9th.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a stolen base. Manny Machado was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Chris Davis hit a pinch hit solo home run the 8th. Maybe someone would claim him because of this?

Scott Kingery hit three homers against the Cubs, the second straight day a Phillie hitter as done so. They won this one 10-8.

And just like that, we leave New York and head to Toronto for four. We'd see J.A. Happ (7-2, 3.88 ERA), Jaime Garcia (4-4, 3.80 ERA), Marco Estrada (3-5, 5.00 ERA), and Marcus Stroman (5-3, 3.65 ERA).

June 7th, 2018: Davis cleared waivers, so I'd have to find a trade partner. I also outrighted Jhan Marinez to AAA.

We opened the series in Toronto with Dylan Bundy (2-2, 5.31 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) facing J.A. Happ (7-2, 3.88 ERA, 1.29 WHIP). It wasn't even close, and we were crushed 17-0 as our record dropped below .500, where I think it may stay the rest of the year...

Bundy lasted just 2.1 innings, with 6 hits, 7 runs, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Miguel Castro allowed 3 in 1 innings with a hit, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Rondon allowed 2 in 2 innings with a hit, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Enny Romero allowed 2 runs off a hit and 2 walks with just a strikeout. Jeremy Jeffress was tagged for three runs in an inning with 2 walks and a strikeout. Mychal Givens was the only Oriole to not allow a run, 1.1 innings with a hit, 3 walks, and a strikeout.

Davis is boosting his trade value, going 3-for-4. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a double. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with a walk.

Derek Fisher went 5-for-6 in an Astros 13-5 win over Texas.

June 8th, 2018: We looked to suck a little less with Kevin Gausman (5-3, 4.50 ERA, 1.47 WHIP) facing Jaime Garcia (4-4, 3.80 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). We decided to score today, and a 5 run 7th helped propel us to a 10-3 win.

Gasuman was great, 7 innings with 4 hits, 1 run, 1 walk, and 7 strikeouts. Givens allowed runs today, 2 in 1 inning with a hit, walk, and strikeout. Brad Brach pitched the 9th, allowing 2 hits and he got a strikeout.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a walk and two solo homers. Machado was 2-for-5 with a grand slam. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-5 with a solo homer. Max Stassi was 2-for-3 with a hit by pitch, homer, 2 runs, and an RBI. Mike Yastrzemski was 1-for-3 with a walk, double, and 2 runs scored. Adam Jones was 2-for-5 with a run scored and two driven in.

Alex Bregman hit for the cycle in a 6-1 win over Texas.

June 9th, 2018: The Nationals lost SP Ricky Nolasco for the year with a ruptured ulnar collateral ligament. Every time I type that it sends a pain through my elbow... He made just 1 start in the big leagues this year, going 4 innings with 6 hits, 2 runs, 3 strikeouts, and 0 walks.

Game three saw Mike Wright (4-2, 3.09 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) and Marco Estrada (3-5, 5.00 ERA, 1.48 WHIP). After scoring 2 in the top of the 8th to tie it, we allowed 2 more in the bottom half and the Jays took the game 5-3.

Wright went 6, allowing 4 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and he struck out an impressive 8. Richard Bleier allowed 2 runs off 2 hits without getting an out.

Mike Yastrzemski was 1-for-3 with a double and run scored. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Both doubles came in the 8th off starter Marco Estrada. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with a walk.

Brandon Crawford hit for the cycle as the Giants still lost to Washington 7-6. Phillies 2B Cesar Hernandez went 5-for-6 in an 8-4 win over the Brewers.

I optioned Bleier to AAA to recall CL Zach Britton from his rehab assingment.

June 10th, 2018: In a busy day for trades, I managed to dump Davis on the Cubs, although I have to pay 65% of the contract. It frees up a decent amount of salary this year and a lot in the future. I recieved SS Andruw Monasterio, but he's more of a foramilty then anything.

Replacing Davis on the active roster will be LHP Donnie Hart, who's done great in AAA since his demotion. He, however, will not be available for today's game.

More trade news, the Padres sent LF Hunter Renfroe and RHP Trey Wingenter to the Phillies for RF Aaron Altherr. I like this deal for the Phillies, although Renfroe is extremely underrated.

The Cardinals sent LF Tommy Pham to the Rays in exchange for CF Mallex Smith and RHP Yonny Chirinos. It's an even trade, although it's a bit perplexing.

We looked to leave Canada with a split, as Alex Cobb (1-3, 4.05 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) took on Marcus Stroman (5-3, 3.65 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). The Jays got three quick runs in the first, and coasted to a 6-1 victory in the series finale.

Cobb went 4 innings, allowing 9 hits, 5 runs, and he struck out 5. Romero was charged with a run off 2 hits, without getting an out. Miguel Castro pitched the 5th and 6th and struck out 4. Caleb Joseph was 1-for-3 with a double. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-3 with a double and RBI. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a double.

Josh Tomlin tossed a 2-hit shutout as the Indians beat Detroit 5-0. Anthony Rizzo was 5-for-5 in an 11-3 Cubs win over the Pirates.

We're back home for three with the Red Sox, who lead the division by half a game over the Jays. We'd see David Price (4-2, 2.24 ERA), Rick PorcellO (3-3, 4.54 ERA), and Eduardo Rodriguez (7-1, 4.30 ERA).
Old 06-25-2018, 11:33 AM   #15
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 11th-June 17th

June 11th, 2018: Down in Delmarva, C Alex Murphey was named South Atlantic League Player of the Week. He hit .571 with 3 homers and 5 RBI's.

Now 32-34, we rank 22nd in the Power Rankings.

We opened the series with the 4th ranked Red Sox, and saw what looks like vintage David Price (4-2, 2.24 ERA, 0.96 WHIP) taking on Andrew Cashner (2-6, 5.23 ERA, 1.68 WHIP). The Red Sox got 11 hits in the 7-5 series opening victory.

We used 9 pitchers, starting with Cashner, who allowed 4 runs off 5 hits in 5.1 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts. Enny Romero was charged with 3 runs off a hit and 2 walks without getting an out. The rest of the pen combined for 4.2 innings, with 5 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. Every reliever pitched, including Britton, who made his season debut in the 9th. He struck out 2, walked 1, and allowed a hit.

Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a 2-run homer. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a solo shot. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Anthony Santander was 2-for-4 with a run scored.

Corey Kluber tossed a 4-hit shutout in a 10-0 Indians win over the White Sox.

June 12th, 2018: 2nd Rounder Bruce Reagan signed a very affordable $290,000 bonus. 3rd Rounder Jon Wiggins signed a bit higher $320,000 bonus.

Maybe the Sox knew this, but Gregory Infante is out for the year with a torn labrum. He pitched 3.1 innings with Arizona, allowing 4 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and getting 2 strikeouts.

June 12th, 2018: Dylan Bundy (2-3, 6.09 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) looked to bounce back against Rick Porcello (3-3, 4.54 ERA, 1.17 WHIP). The Sox got 5 in the 4th that lead them to a 8-3 win.

Bundy and Anthony Santander both left with injuries. Santander strained his hamstring and will miss 2-3 weeks, while Bundy's diagnosis is still pending.

Bundy allowed 3 in 2.2 innings with 5 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Miguel Castro was tagged with 5 hits and 5 runs in an inning. Donnie Hart went 2 innings with a hit and 4 strikeouts.

Adam Jones was 2-for-5 with a solo homer. Tim Beckham was 2-for-5 with 2 RBI's. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-3 with 2 runs scored and a walk.

Santander is off to the DL, and Craig Gentry will be recalled from rehab.

June 13th, 2018: We looked to avoid the sweep with Kevin Gausman (6-3, 4.20 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) facing Eduardo Rodriguez (7-1, 4.30 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). The pitching was great, and we shut them out 4-0.

Trumbo left with a strained back, and will be day to day for about a week.

Gasuman went the distance, tossing a 6-hit shutout with a walk and 7 strikeouts. I earned the achievement "Putting up Zeros" for the shutout.

Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a 2-run homer. Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a solo homer.

Madison Bumgarner tossed a 3-hit shutout as the Giants beat the Marlins 6-0.

Tomorrow we got the day off, the first in a while.

June 14th, 2018: THe Marlins come to town for three, and they're about as bad as my Marlins were, 23-45. We'd see Wei-Yin Chen (2-2, 8.46 ERA), Adam Conley (3-5, 3.80 ERA), and Odrisamer Depsiange (1-6, 4.43 ERA), all players I traded. It will be kind of cool seeing the players that were mine in a parallel universe.

June 15th, 2018: Dylan Bundy tore his rotator cuff, and will be out for the year. It's a sad end to a dissapointing season for a pitcher with as much potential as him. He was just 2-4 with a 6.25 ERA.

38th Overall Pick SS Matthew Golda signed for a $550,000 bonus. I'm still awaiting the response from my 4th and 5th round picks.

I purchase the contract of 23-year-old Tanner Scott from AAA. He's rated a 2* and has brilliant stuff and movement, but absolutely no control. His fastball can touch triple digits, he keeps the ball on the ground, and has a devestating slider with a plus plus change, although he has trouble locating pitches.

We opened the Marlins series with Alex Cobb (1-4, 4.82 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) taking on Wei-Yin Chen (2-2, 8.46 ERA, 1.77 WHIP). Ironically, Cobb was on my Marlins team. The Marlins lineup contains 8 players I had, and then the 9 hitter SS Stephen Drew who chose Miami over Baltimore on a minor league deal earlier in the season. It was weird rooting against the Marlins...

We got 5 in the 7th to take the opener 6-4 in a artificial "rivalry" I'm developing.

Cobb tossed 6 innings with 10 hits, 3 runs (2 earned) and 3 strikeouts. Jeremy Jeffress went 2 innings with a hit, run, walk, and 3 strikeouts and got the win. Britton got his first save, a perfect 9th to end the game.

Trey Mancini was 3-for-4 with an RBI, and a homer away from the cycle. Max Stassi went 1-for-4 with a three run homer. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a run scored and RBI. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-3. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with a run scored.

June 16th, 2024: 5th Rounder Alex Binelas signed a $150,000 bonus.

We looked to take the series a day early, with Adam Conley (3-5, 3.80 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) taking on Andrew Cashner (2-7, 5.35 ERA, 1.64 WHIP). They got 5 in the 5th, but we came back to win the middle game 6-5.

Cashner went 4, allowing 4 hits, 4 runs, 5 walks, and recording 6 strikeouts. Miguel Castro got the win, 2 innings with 3 hits, a run, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Donnie Hart and Mychal Givens got holds while Zach Britton struck out the side to get the save.

Manny Machado was 3-for-4 with a two run homer. Tim Beckham 2-for-4 with a homer, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Mason Williams was 2-for-5 with a run scored, RBI, steal, and double. Caleb Josepph was 2-for-4 with a run.

June 17th, 2018: I claimed LF Gorkys Hernandez off waivers and optioned RF Mike Yastrzemski to AAA.

We looked for the sweep with Tanner Scott making his season debut against Odrisamer Despaigne (1-6, 4.43 ERA, 1.55 WHIP). We got three insurance runs in the 8th, which was great considering we allowed 2 in the top of the 9th, yet still won 4-2 to complete the sweep and work our way back to .500.

Tanner Scott was great, 5.1 innings with 4 hits, a walk, and 9 strikeouts. The 1 walk is critical, since he walked 60 in 69.2 innings in Norfolk. Bruce Rondon, Mychal Givens, Brad Brach, and Enny Romero earned holds while Jeremy Feffress got the save. Brach allowed 2 runs off 2 hits with a strikeout in an inning plus. If he left after the 8th, he would've had a perfect outing... In fact, he strained his shoulder, and will miss a week.

Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a three run homer off Drew Steckenrider in the 8th. Hernandez was 1-for-4 in his debuet. Manny Machado was 1-for-3 with 2 runs, a double, and walk. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4. Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with an RBI.

Yoan Moncada went 5-for-5 in a 9-8 White Sox win over the Tigers.

Tomorrow was an off day, but I brought Darren O'Day back to the active roster. I'd also have to deal with the millions of prospects in the GCL, as that season will start soon.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:34 PM   #16
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 18th-June 24th

June 18th, 2018: Back even at 36-36, we're up to 15th in the Power Rankings.

We had a day off, as we head to Washington to face our NL rivals. We'd see Stephen Strasburg (5-0, 2.45 ERA), Tanner Roark (3-5, 4.09 ERA), and A.J. Cole (0-2, 6.75 ERA).

I also had to cut my GCL roster to 40 from 86, so that'll be fun...

I ended up making a few minor trades: I acquired RHP Junior Gonzalez from the Cardinals and RHP Hendry Nunez from the Tigers.

June 19th, 2018: Even though I offered him much more then what he wanted, 4th Rounder Mason Englert still wouldn't sign.

Kevin Gausman (7-3, 3.75 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) took on Stephen Strasburg (5-0, 2.45 ERA, 0.94 WHIP) to start the beltway series. The Nats got four in the sixth, and took the opener 6-5.

Gausman allowed 4 runs in 5.2 innings in 9 hits with a walk and 4 strikeouts. Darren O'Day was charged with the loss, 2 runs in 0.1 innings with a hit, walk, and strikeout.

Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a 2 run homer and 2 total runs scored. Adam Jones was 3-for-5 with a steal. Craig Gentry was 1-for-4 with a walk, 2 RBI's, and a steal. Jonathan Schoopo was 2-for-3 with 2 runs and a walk. Ruben Tejada had a pinch hit double and scored in the 9th.

Mike Trout was 5-for-5 in a 5-4 Angels win over Arizona.

June 20th, 2018: Mike Wright (4-2, 3.21 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) took on Gio Gonzalez (3-5, 6.39 ERA, 1.70 WHIP) in game two of the rivalry. We got two runs in the 1st, 8th, and 9th to even the series with a 6-1 win.

Wright allowed 6 hits and a run in 7.1 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts. Jeremy Jeffress and Donnie Hart earned holds.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a double and two run homer. Adam Jones was 2-for-5 with a run socred, RBI, and two steals. Mason Williams was 2-for-5 with a double, RBI, and 2 runs scored. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-3 with 2 RBI's.

June 21st, 2018: I signed 6th Rounder Alex Thomas to a $2.2 million contract. With the money I saved from Davis and not being able to sign Englert.

Alex Cobb (1-4, 4.57 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) took on Tanner Roark (3-5, 4.09 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) to finish the series. Two is the number, and we got two in the second, fifth, sixth, and eigth to win 8-2.

Cobb went 6, allowing 8 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 6 strikeouts. The rest of the pn got three innings with 2 walks and 6 strikeouts.

Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a two run homer, hit by pitch, and 2 total runs scored. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a solo homer and 2 total runs scored. Max Stassi was 1-for-4 with a 2 run shot. Craig Gentry was 2-for-3 with a walk, run scored, RBI, and steal.

It's off to Atlanta for three with the Braves. We'd see Brandon McCarthy (4-5, 5.35 ERA), Sean Newcomb (4-4, 2.61 ERA), and Luiz Gohara (2-7, 4.74 ERA).

June 22nd, 2018: We opened the series at SunTrust Park with Andrew Cashner (2-7, 5.54 ERA, 1.67 WHIP) facing Sean Newcomb (4-4, 2.61 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) skipping a spot in the rotation. We got five in the eigth, and took the finale 8-4.

Cashner went 6, allowing 4 (2 earned) with 3 walks and a strikeout. Enny Romero got the win, pitching the 7th win with a hit and a walk. Mychal Givens got a two inning save, with a hit and 2 strikeouts.

Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with two homers, 3 runs, a walk, and 2 RBI's. Adam Jones was 2-for-3 with a solo homer and a walk. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-5 with a three run homer. Craig Gentry was 2-for-5 with a run scored. Adam Jones was 2-for-3 with a walk, run scored, and RBI.

Eric Thames hit for the cycle in a 6-5 Brewers win over the Cardinals.

June 23rd, 2018: Tanner Scott (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.94 WHIP) took on Luiz Gohara (2-7, 4.74 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) in the second game of the series. It was a close one, but we dropped the middle game 3-2.

Scott went 4 innings, allowing 2 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and getting 4 strikeouts. Rondon got the loss, a run in 2 innings with a hit and 3 strikeouts.

Tim Beckham was 1-for-2 with a two run homer and 2 walks. Manny Machado was 1-for-4 with a double. Craig Gentry was 2-for-4.

June 24th, 2018: The Rays traded C Wilson Ramos to the Mariners for LF Nelson Cruz. Not sure what to think about this trade...

The Brewers traded CF Keon Broxton to the Yankees for RHP Dellin Betances and CF Clint Frazier. This one just doesn't make sense... What a steal for Milwaukee...

We finished the series with Kevin Gausman (7-3, 3.91 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) facing Brandon McCarthy (4-5, 5.35 ERA, 1.54 WHIP). We got 1 in the 9th to tie it at two, but Freddie Freeman hit a walk off double off Enny Romero and the Braves won 3-2.

Gausman went 5.2, allowing 5 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and getting 6 strikeouts. Rondon got the loss, allowing a hit to the only batter who faced, and was charged with the run. Romero faced just one batter as well.

Manny Machado was 3-for-5 with a steal. Tim Beckahm was 2-for-5 with a run and steal. Craig Gentry was 1-for-2 with 2 walks and a steal.

Eric Hosmer got five hits in six trips in a 3-1 loss to the Giants.

We're headed back home to face the Marienrs for four. We'll see James Paxton (6-5, 4.32 ERA), Felix Hernandez (8-1, 2.51 ERA), Erasmo Ramirez (3-5, 6.63 ERA), and Hisashi Iwakuma (3-1, 2.68 ERA). I hate how we're at this awkward .500 mark where I can't really do anything...
Old 06-25-2018, 08:55 PM   #17
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 25th-July 1st

June 25th, 2018: We're up to 13th in the Power Rankings despite our 39-39 record.

We opened the series hosting the Marienrs with Mike Wright (5-2, 3.03 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) taking on James Paxton (6-5, 4.32 ERA, 1.29 WHIP). Wright was perfect until the 6th, where Ryon Healy reached on a dropped third strike. He then allowed a single to Dee Gordon in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. We ended up winning 6-0.

Wright allowed 9 innings with the 1 hit and 5 strikeouts. I can't believe how great he's pitches!

Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a 2-run homer and two total runs. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a three run homer. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with a double, run scored, and walk. Tim Beckham was 2-for-3 with a double. Gorkys Hernandez was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

Carlos Santana hit three homers in a 7-4 Phillies win over the Yankees. All three homers were of Sonny Gray.

June 26th, 2018: Alex Cobb (2-4, 4.38 ERA, 1.42 WHIP) got the ball for game two against Felix Hernandez (8-1, 2.51 ERA, 1.21 WHIP). Cobb was stellard until leaving with injury, and we won 3-1.

Cobb went 7, allowing 5 hits, a run, walk, and 6 strikeouts, but will head to the DL with a mild hamstring strain. Mychal Gives got a hold and Zach Britton his third save.

Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-3 with a two run homer and he was also hit by a pitch. Manny Machado was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Adam Jones was 1-for-3 with a run and walk. Craig Gentry was 1-for-2 with a walk and stolen base.

June 27th, 2018: I purchased the contract of SP David Hess to replace Cobb in the rotation.

D.J. LeMaheiu signed a 7-year, $156 million extension with the Rockies. He's hiting .321/.377/.455 this year and .304/.358/.406 in his 8 year career.

Andrew Cashner (2-7, 5.36 ERA, 1.64 WHIP) got the start against Erasmo Ramirez (3-5, 6.63 ERA, 1.56 WHIP). Despite allowing 2 1st inning runs, we came back and won 4-2.

Cashner went 7, allowing 7 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and getting 4 strikeouts. Jeremy Jeffress, Donnie Hart, and Mychal Givens got holds before Britton struck out two in the 9th for the save.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-3 with a two run homer and a double. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a solo shot. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

June 28th, 2018: Brad Brach will begin rehab in AAA today.

We looked to finish the four game sweep with Tanner Scott (1-0, 1.93 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) battling Hisashi Iwakuma (3-1, 2.68 ERA, 0.87 WHIP). The M's got 10 in the first and didn't look back in the 18-2 win.

Scott got just 1 out and allowed 10 runs off 7 hits, 4 walks, and a strikeout. I don't think he's pitching in the rotation anymore... Miguel Castro got 3 innings with 4 hits, 4 runs (3 earned), 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Enny Romero allwoed a run in 1.2 innings with 2 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Bruce Rondon allowed a run in 1.1 innings with a hit, walk, and 3 strikeouts. Darren O'Day tossed the last 2.2 innings with 3 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and a strikeout.

Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with a double and run scored. Tim Beckham and Caleb Joseph were both 2-for-4. Gorkys Hernandez was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Mark Turmbo was 1-for-3 with a double and sac-fly.

Joc Pederson of the Dodgers had three homers in a 13-11 win over the Cubs.

The Angels will come to town for three as we look to forget about today's game. We'd see Tyler Skaggs (6-6, 5.15 ERA), Shoehi Ohtani (6-6, 3.59 ERA), and Andrew Heaney (4-5, 4.54 ERA).

June 29th, 2018: Anthony Santander was optioned to AAA off the DL.

I extended all contracts of those who would re-sign.

Kevin Gausman (7-3, 3.87 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) opened the series against Tyler Skaggs (6-6, 5.15 ERA, 1.35 WHIP). The Angels got 7 in the 9th, and it was enough insurance for the 12-4 win.

Gausman allowed 5 runs in 5 innings with 7 hits and 7 strikeouts. Givens didn't get an out in the 9th and allowed 2 runs off 2 walks. Donnie Hart allowed 5 (4 earned) with 3 htis, a walk, and strikeout in an inning.

Grokys Hernandez was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, a double, and was 2-for-3 stealing bases. Craig Gentry was 2-for-4 with a steal and 2 RBI's. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with a solo homer and sacrafice fly.

Chris Archer tossed a 4-hit shutout as the Rays beat the Astros 8-0.

June 30th, 2018: I claimed Shawn Armstrong off waivers from the Mariners. I optioned Miguel Castro to AAA to make room.

We looked to bounce back with Mike Wright (6-2, 2.71 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) taking on Shoehi Ohtani (6-6, 3.59 ERA, 1.23 WHIP). Neither starter pitched bad, but the game headed tied at 7 into the 9th. Trey Mancini took Blake Parker deep for a walkoff two-run homer.

Wright went 6, allowing 4 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and he struck out 5. Jeremy Jeffress allowed 4 runs off 2 htis and 2 walks in 0.2 innings. Shawn Armstrong walked one, got one out, and allowed a run. Britton got the win, striking out the side in the top of the 9th.

Trey Mancini was 3-for-4 with three RBI's, and the homer was his 22nd of the season. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-4 with a solo shot and 2 RBI's. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with 2 RBI's and a sacrafice fly. Max Stassi was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3 with a run, walk, and double. Gorkys Hernandez was 2-for-5 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Manny Machado was 3-for-4 with 3 runs, a walk, and steal.

July 1st, 2018: The Blue Jays shipped RHP Jhon Victorino to the Rays for RHP Chaz Roe. I like this deal for Toronto.

We looked to take the series with David Hess making his major league debut against Garrett Richards (3-5, 5.13 ERA, 1.44 WHIP). It didn't go well, and we were shutout 7-0.

Hess didn't do too bad, going 5 innings with 5 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Darren O'Day got one out, allowed a hit, 2 walks, and 2 unearned runs. Jeffress didn't get an out, and allowed a hit and run. Givens didn't get an out either, allowing a hit to the only hitter he faed. Enny Romero allwoed a run in 0.2 innings with 2 htis, a walk, and a strikeout.

Craig Gentry was 1-for-3 with a double. Adam Jones was 1-for-3 with a double and walk.

Jose Berrios tossed a 2-hit shutout as the Twins Beat the Cubs 6-0.

Tomorrow is a day off, and the International Pool is published. Unlike most Oriole teams, I'll participate.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 06-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #18
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 2nd-July 8th

July 2nd, 2018: Zach Britton asked for an extension, and since it was reasonable and just for one year, I decided to accept. Worst case, we suck and he's more then a rental in the trade market.

At 43-42, we rank 16th in the Power Rankings.

Browsing the International Market, it isn't the strongest, but no one is looking for too much money, so it's a nice mix.

We'd head to Philly for two, to face the also 43-42 Phillies. We'd see Aaron Nola (5-5, 4.52 ERA) and Jerad Eickhoff (2-2, 4.61 ERA).

July 3rd, 2018: I claimed SP Wade Miley off waivers and optioned SP Tanner Scott to AAA. I don't know why Miley was waived, as he's 4-2 with a 3.16 ERA and 1.32 WHIP in 10 starts.

Three trades were also made today, starting with RHP Nate Jones and RHP Zack Burdi heading to the Dodgers for CF Andrew Toles. Absolute steal for the Dodgers, as Burdi has 4.5 potential and both Jones and Toles are 3*.

Miami traded RHP Odrisamer Despaigne to the Twins for RHP Moises Gomez. Niether guys is any good, so it's fine for both teams.

Lastly, the Sox also sent 1B Jose Abreu to the Yankees for RHP Domingo Acevedo and RHP Austin Gardner. It's another bad deal for the Whtie Sox...

Miley (4-2, 3.16 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) got the start in the opener against Aaron Nola (5-5, 4.52 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). We dropped the opener 6-3.

Miley struggled, going just 2 innings with 7 hits, 4 runs (3 earned), and 3 walks. Darren O'Day tossed 2.1 innings with 4 strikeouts. Mychal Givens allowed a run off 2 hits with a walk and 2 strikeouts in the 7. Jeremy Jeffress got an out and allowed a run.

July 4th, 2018: We finished the series with Andrew Cashner (3-7, 5.13 ERA, 1.61 WHIP) facing Jerad Eickhoff (2-2, 4.61 ERA, 1.06 WHIP). The Phillies got 7 in the 7th and finished the sweep with an 8-3 win.

Cashner allowed 6 in 6 innings with 5 hits, 3 walks, and a strikeout. Enny Romero allowed a two runs and 4 hits in 1 inning.

Manny Machado was 3-for-5 with a solo homer. Tim Beckham was 3-for-4 with a solo homer, triple, and two runs scored. Gorkys Hernandez was 3-for-5.

After the sweep, we'd head to Minnesota for four and we'd face Jose Berrios (8-7, 4.28 ERA), Odrisamer Despaigne (2-7, 4.20 ERA), Phil Hughes (6-6, 4.34 ERA), and Ervin Santana (4-6, 4.64 ERA). Judging off these numbers, you wouldn't know that they are 47-38.

July 5th, 2018: All my unsigned players determiend where they'd go to college, and I did the edits to the future Class of 2021.

4th Round: SP Mason Englert (College of Charleston 2019)
11th Round: C Jeffery Holtz (Wisconsin-Milwaukee 2021)
15th Round: C Keegan Fish (Toledo 2021)
16th Round: SP Connor Van Scoyoc (Iowa 2021)
24th Round: CF Zion Killings (Grand Canyon 2021)
27th Round: C Brock Mathis (Cincinnati 2021)
28th Round: CF Humberto Tienda (Clemson 2021)
31st Round: SP Bobby Shehadi (Pepperdine 2019)
34th Round: CF Dan Kidd (California 2019)
37th Round: 3B Vincente Martin (Ohio State 2021)
39th Round: RF Josh Rix (South Alabama 2019)

I claimed LHP Nick Hagadone off waivers and optioned Donnie Hart to AAA.

More trade action, as the Marlins sent 1B Justin Bour to theMets for 3B Mark Vientos and LHP P.J. Conlon. I like this deal for both teams.

We opened the series in Minnesota with Kevin Gausman (7-4, 4.13 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) facing Jose Berrios (8-7, 4.28 ERA, 1.19 WHIP). They scored three in the eight to tie the game and send it to extras. We got 1 in the top of the 10th, and won the opener 4-3.

Gausman was great, 6 innings with 4 hits, a walk, and 6 strikeouts. Jeremy Jeffress allowed 3 unearned runs off 2 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Hagadone made his Orioles debut and got the win. He went 1.2 innings with 2 hits and a strikeout. Britton got a save, striking out two in the 10th.

Gorkys Hernandez was 1-for-4 with a triple, run scored, sac-fly, and RBI. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Jonathan Schoop made an error, and was 1-for-4 with a run scored and sacrafice fly. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with an RBI and a hit by pitch.

July 6th, 2018: Zach Britton signed his 1-year, $12.5 million extension.

The White Sox will be without SP Carson Fulmer for the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He was 3-5 with a 5.06 ERA.

The Rays traded RHP Sergio Romo and LHP Jose Alvarado to the Braves for C Kurt Suzkui and C Hunter Fedducia. I have no idea what the Rays are thinking here...

Game two saw the newly acquired Odrisamer Despaigne (2-7, 4.20 ERA, 1.45 WHIP) make his Twins debut against Mike Wright (6-2, 2.73 ERA, 1.05 WHIP). The Twins got 3 in the 8th to take the second game 5-2.

Wright went 6, allowing 7 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and getting 6 strikeouts. Mychal Givens was charged with 3 runs, 2 hits, and 3 walks in 0.2 innings.

Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Gorkys Hernandez was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

J.A. Happ tossed a 2-hit shutout as the Blue Jays beat the Yankees 4-0.

July 7th, 2018: I signed possibly the first ever International Amateur Free Agent in SS Luis Torribio. The 3* Dominican agreed to a $1,540,000 bonus. He's a solid defender who can stick at short, and has nice pop while not striking out too much.

Today's game with Minnesota got rained out, so we'd have back to back double headers...

Alex Cobb will go on "rehab" but he's going to start Game 2 tomorrow.

Kyle Hendricks tossed a 1-hiter as the Cubs beat the Reds 7-0.

July 8th, 2018: More trades, as the Rays sent RHP Nathan Eovalid and LHP Genesis Cabrera to the Angels for RF Brandon Marsh and 1B Nick Vilter. Based on my scout, the Angels got the better side of the deal, but based on real life knowledge, getting Marsh is a steal.

Game 1 saw Davis Hess (0-1, 3.60 ERA, 1.60 WHIP) face Phil Hughes (6-6, 4.34 ERA). It took 10 innings, but we edged them 2-1.

Hess, who will be optioned to make room for Cobb, went 6.2 innings with 5 hits, a run, a walk, and he struck out 6. Britton got the win, striking out the side in the 9th. Givens got a strikeout, walk, and hit for the hold, and Enny Romero earned the save by getting the final 2 outs.

Mark Trumbo was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a homer as well. Craig Gentry was 1-for-4 with a double. Max Stassi was also 1-for-4 with a double.

Game two saw Alex Cobb (3-4, 3.99 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) make his return to the active roster against Ervin Santana (4-6, 4.64 ERA, 1.38 WHIP). Cobb was brilliant, and we shut them out 6-0.

He tossed 7.1 shutout innings with 2 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. O'Day got the last 1.2 innings and walked 1 hitter.

Craig Gentry was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a double. Trey Mancini was a perfect 3-for-3 with a double, walk, and 2 RBI's. Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a run and RBI. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with a run, RBI, and walk.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:40 PM   #19
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 9th-July 15th

July 9th, 2018: Gabriel Ynoa has suffered a setback in his rehab, and will miss 2 weeks.

The Power Rankings have dropped us to 17th.

We've got a busy today, with a double header against the 45-43 Yankees. Game 1 saw Wade Miley (4-3, 3.51 ERA, 1.44 WHIP) face Chris Simth (2-4, 5.15 ERA, 1.42 WHIP) who beat us earlier in the year. We got to host the Yanks, but got no home field advantage, dropping the first game 9-2.

Miley went 5, allowing 5 hits, 4 runs, a walk, and he recorded 4 strikeouts. Enny Romero allowed 3 hits and 3 runs while getting just 1 out. Darren O'Day allowed 2 in 1.1 innings with 2 hits, 2 walks, and a strikeout.

Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a solo homer. Mason Williams was 1-for-3 with an RBI double. Mark Trumbo was 0-for-2, but walked and scored.

Before game two, I designated Romero for assignment and recalled Brad Brach. I'd work on trading Romero (if possible) after the game.

Game two saw Andrew Cashner (3-8, 5.38 ERA, 1.59 WHIP) face Luis Severino (7-5, 3.23 ERA, 0.98 WHIP). The outcome was much different, and we shut them out 8-0.

Cashner went 8.2 innings, allowing 5 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Jeremy Jeffress got the last out, a ground out to end the game.

Trey mancini went 3-for-4 with a three run homer, hit by pitch, and two total runs scored. Jonathan Schoop was 3-for-5 with 2 doubles and 3 runs scored. Tim Beckham was 3-for-5 with a run scored and driven in. Adam Jones was 2-for-4 with a walk.

July 10th, 2018: I signed the power hitting lefty Sergio Villegas to a $2,240,000 bonus. The 16-year-old Venezuelan is rated a 4.5 potetnial, but it's all due to his power. He strikes out a lot and doesn't make much contact, but he won't chase and when he makes contact, it's a homer. He's a great student of the game and always gives 100%.

The Twins traded SS Ehire Adrianza to the Marlins for LHP Justin Nicolino and RHP Joel Kuhnel. It's an even enough deal.

Game three took place between Kevin Gausman (7-4, 3.86 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) and Mashiaro Tanaka (9-4, 3.74 ERA, 1.08 WHIP). Tied at three, both teams scored a run in the 7th, but we got one more in the 8th and edged New York 5-4.

Gausman went 5 innings, allowing 5 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and getting 9 strikeouts. Jeremy Jeffress allowed 3 hits, a walk, and a run, in an inning of work. Brad Brach got the win and Zach Britton got the save. Both got 2 strikeouts, although Brach allowed a hit.

Manny Mahcado was 2-for-3 with a walk and pair of solo homers. Mark Trumbo went 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a double and sac-fly. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-3 with a walk. Craig Gentry was 1-for-3 with a run scored and walk.

July 11th, 2018: I made my last international signing, grabbing 16-year-old C Rogelio Negrete for just $294,720. The Dominican is rated a 1.5 potential, and has a decent enough bat to got with an okay glove behind the plate.

More trading, as the Angels traded RHP Garrett Richards and RHP Juan Contreras to the Mets for C Kevin Plawecki and RHP Jamie Callahan. It's an even deal, although I like how the Angels got Callahan.

We looked to win the four game series with Mike Wright (6-2, 2.75 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) taking on Sonny Gray (5-8, 4.24 ERA, 1.28 WHIP). Down 3-0, we scored 3 in the bottom of the 7th and eventually got the game into extras. With the bases loaded, Aroldis Chapman walked Gorkys Hernandez with the bases loaded, and we "walked" off.

Wright went 8, allowing 8 huts, 3 runs, and he struck out 4. Brach got another win, pitching a perfect 10th with a strikeout.

Trey Mancini was 3-for-4 with a three run homer, and he also scored the winning run. Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Hernandez was 0-for-4, but drove in the winning run with the previously mentioned walk.

We got tomorrow off, and can't fall below .500 before the All-Star break, so I might end up making moves to help us get a Wild Card spot this season. We have 46 losses, while the real-life Oriole sgot their 45th loss on June 10th, more then a month earlier.

July 12th, 2018: The Angels replaced Richards in the rotation with RHP Miguel Gonzalez. They sent the White Sox RHP Marc Brakeman. I like this deal for the Angels.

The Marlins sent RHP Brad Ziegler to the Red Sox for RHP Travis Lakins and SS C.J. Chatham. Getting anything for Ziegler is a win, although he's still a better player then both of the guys recieved.

Josh Donaldson hit three homers in a 7-2 win over the Red Sox.

The Rangers will come to town for three as we sit just 3.5 games out of a playoff spot. We'll see Jesse Chavez (2-7, 7.11 ERA), Martin Perez (3-6, 4.88 ERA), and Stolmy Pimentel (0-3, 8.10 ERA).

July 13th, 2018: The Rangers sent Jesse Chavez (2-7, 7.11 ERA, 1.75 WHIP) to the mound to face Alex Cobb (4-4, 3.53 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) in the opener in the final series of the first half. The pitching was great, and we beat the Rangers 3-1.

Cobb went 5 innings, allowing 4 hits, a run, 2 walks, and getting 2 strikeouts. Bruce Rondon, Mychal Givens, Nick Hagadone, and Brad Brach earned holds, while Shawn Armstrong got the save. THose five combined for 4 innings, 2 hits, a walk, and 5 strikeouts.

Craig Gentry was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a solo homer. Adam Jones was 2-for-4 with 2 RBI's. Gorkys Hernandez was 1-for-3 with a steal and walk. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-2 with 2 walks.

July 14th, 2018: Tampa traded RHP J.D. Martin and LHP Hunter Schryver to the Angels for RHP Stiward Aquino and RHP Eduardo Paredes. I like this deal for the Rays, but I love how many moves Billy Eppler is making to try to get to the playoffs, although he's basically in the same spot as me.

I outrighted Enny Romero to AA.

Game two saw Wade Miley (4-4, 3.80 ERA, 1.42 WHIP) battle Martin Perez (3-6, 4.88 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) as we looked to stay hot. We scored early and often, 5 runs in the first 3 innings and 3 more in the 5th, and won this one 9-7.

Miley went 5, allowing 8 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and he got 6 strikeouts. Darren O'Day was charged with 3 runs and 3 hits in 0.1 innings. Nick Hagadone got a hold, getting the final out in the 8th before Zach Britton got the save in the 9th.

Adam Joens was 2-for-4 with a walk, homer, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with a walk, solo homer, and two RBI's. Trey Mancini was 3-for-5 with a double, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Gorkys Hernandez was 2-for-4 with a walk, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a double and walk.

July 15th, 2018: Mike Wright and Trey Mancini were both named to their first All-Star games.

The Yankees lost RHP David Sosebee for the year with a ruptured finger tendon. The rookie had a 1.29 ERA in 7 innings with 5 strikeouts and a win.

The final game of the second half saw Andrew Cashner (4-8, 4.93 ERA, 1.52 WHIP) battle Stormy Pimentel (0-3, 8.10 ERA, 1.90 WHIP). Texas got 5 in the 7th and won the finale 10-2 to avoid the sweep.

Cashner went 5, allowing 8 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and getting 1 strikeout. Rondon was charged with a run, walk, hit, and he got a strikeout in the 6th. Shawn Armstrong allowed 3 runs and 3 hits while getting just 1 strikeout. O'Day allowed 2 in 1.2 innings with 2 hits and 3 strikeouts.

Craig Gentry was 1-for-3 with a two run homer. Trey mancini was 1-for-4 with his 3rd triple of the year. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

I earned the achievemnt "On a Roll" for the end of my five game win streak.

Well, I'm definitely surprised I have 51 wins about half way through the season not at the end of September. Are the real life Orioles really that bad, or am I just really good?

Anyways, next is the All-Star break and a series against the Blue Jays.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:42 PM   #20
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 16th-July 22nd

July 16th, 2018: Down in Frederick, 3B Jomar Reyes was named Player of the Week. He hit .571 with a homer and 4 RBI's.

At 51-47, we rank 10th in the Power Rankings.

Seattle sent RHP Marc Rzepczynski and CF Kyle Lewis to the Blue Jays for 2B Aledmys Diaz. This is such a steal for the Blue Jays, considering they traded a 1.5 for a 1/3.5 CF and 2.5 RP.

July 17th, 2018: Here's a big name trade: The Phillies sent 1B Carlos Santana and RHP J.D. Hammer to the Rangers for 3B Adrian Beltre. This is a really weird, yet even enough, trade.

The All Star resembled the Subway Series, with Luis Severino (7-7, 3.55 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) taking on Jacob deGrom (10-2, 3.38 ERA, 1.07 WHIP). The NL was far superior, and won the Mid Summer's Classic 7-1. Mancini came into the game in the 6th as a pinch hitter and went 0-for-2. Mike Wright got the loss, allowing 2 hits, a walk, and run in the 2nd inning.

July 18th, 2018: I made a trade to bloster the rotation with a controllable arm, sending C Andrew Susac to the White Sox for SP Carlos Rodon. Rodon is rated a 2.5/3, and is controllable to 2021. He's got five plus or better pitches, decent movement and control, and can pitch deep into games. I waited on a roster move until we get closer to games.

July 19th, 2018: Today is the last day before games resume. I decided to add another controllable piece, making a trade for a player that was a staple in my Malrins team for a while, RF Lewis Brinson. I sent the Marlins CF Mason Williams and RP Jayson Schroeder.

Brinson is rated a 2/3 and has a ton of contorl. He's got nice power, nice speed, and is a great defender in rightfield. The price wasn't too much to pay, and he's a welcome addition to the team.

I also traded RHP Jeremy Jeffress to the Cubs for CF Jacob Hannemann. Hannemann is solid outfield depth, and moving Jeffress makes room for Rodon.

We're off to Toronto to face the Blue Jays for three. We'll see my favorite pitcher Aaron Sanchez (6-5, 4.46 ERA), Marco Estrada (6-8, 4.72 ERA), and Jaime Garica (5-9, 4.93 ERA).

July 20th, 2018: Carlos Rodon (0-0, 4.15 ERA, 1.62 WHIP) made his Baltimore debut against Aaron Sanchez (6-5, 4.46 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) to start the second hald. Brinson hit 8th and would play RF in his Orioles debut. The bats didn't show any rust, and we crushed the Jays 16-4.

Andrew Cashner came out of the pen and left with an injury.

Rodon went 4 innings, allowing 4 unearned runs, 4 hits, and 3 walks. Cashner got the win, 1.1 innings with a hit and strikeout. Shawn Armstrong struck out 5 batters and allowed a hit in 2.2 innings.

Brinson was 3-for-5 with a double, 3 runs, and an RBI to start his Orioles career strong. Max Stassi was 1-for-4 with a two run homer, 2 total runs scored, and a walk. Manny Machado was 3-for-5 with 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Craig Gentry was 3-for-5 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, and a double. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-5 with a three run homer. Adam Jones was 3-for-6 with a pair of doubles, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Trey Mancini was 3-for-5 with a double, run, and 2 RBI's. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with 2 runs scored, a double, walk, and RBI.

I earned the achievemnt "Slugfest" for the performance of the offense.

The Astros 3B Yulieski Gurriel was 5-for-5 in a 12-3 win over the Angels.

July 21st, 2018: Cashner is heading to the DL for 7 months with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He'll be placed on the 60-Day DL. I recalled LHP Aaron Bmmer from AAA.

Another player is out for the year, CF Keon Broxton of the Yankees. He broke his kneecap.

We looked to win the series a day early with Alex Cobb (5-4, 3.41 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) battling Marcus Stroman (7-5, 3.66 ERA, 1.21 WHIP). The Jays got two in the 8th to tie the game at 4, and it ended up going to extras. Adam Jones hit a solo homer in the 10th before Britton closed off the bottom half for the 5-4 win.

Cobb went 6, allowing 6 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and getting 2 strikeouts. Mychal Givens blew the save, 1.2 innings with 2 hits, 2 runs, and 2 strikeouts. Brad Brach got the win, 1.1 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts. Britton walked 1 and struck out 1 in the 10th.

Gorkys Hernandez was 2-for-5 with a double, run, and steal. Brinson was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Manny Machado was 1-for-5 with a two run homer. Jones was 1-for-5 with the go ahead solo shot. Trey Mancini was 2-for-5.

July 22nd, 20018: The White Sox will be without LHP Jace Fry for the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. In 27.2 innings, he had a 2-1 record with a 5.20 ERA and he struck out 20.

We looked to finish the road sweep with Kevin Gausman (7-4, 3.93 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) taking on Marco Estrada (6-8, 4.72 ERA, 1.36 WHIP). We crushed them 11-1 to sweep right past the Jays.

Gausman tossed 6 shutout innings with 3 hits, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Darren O'Day allowed a run in 2.1 innings with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts.

Max Stassi was 2-for-5 with a double and two run homer. Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a pair of homers, 3 runs, a walk, and 4 RBI's. Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a two run homer and a walk. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a walk, solo homer, and 2 total runs scored. Craig Gentry was 1-for-4 with a double, run scored, 2 RBI's a steal, and hit by pitch. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with a walk, run, and steal.

Now just a game out of the 2nd Wild Card, we'll head back home for three with first place Boston. We'll see Eduardo Rodriguez (9-4, 4.40 ERA), Carlos Villanueva (4-3, 4.96 ERA), and the always dangerous Chris Sale (12-3, 3.10 ERA).