Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:06 PM   #61
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
How do you even do that? Opener/Follower strategy?
14 relief pitchers

4 in the starting rotation. It's not set to open/follow they pitch as its their turn in the rotation and typically go 2-3 innings. I also have them set to allow in relief in the event I need more bodies in extra innings or whatever. If all my starters are tired the most rested non-starting reliever typically will get the start.

10 in relief

Your pitchers will pitch tired and pitch effectively tired. If a pitcher throws 20 pitches in real life he can come back the next day and pitch again even several days in a row before their manager gives them a day off usually after 3. This is no different. That same pitcher may be yellow after the first day and red after 2 days in a row but still pitches on day 3.

11 hitters

Buck Ewing and Martin Dihigo as super utility.

As for the cost of my staff, while most of my relievers are diamond. I use a couple gold and 1 perfect(Gagne). Most fall into the 10-20k pp range, a couple below that and a few above that. Far from the cost of front line starters.

Also while it is gimmicky, Tampa was running out 2 opener/follower spots last year this is just taking that to the extreme. It's following the evolution of the game. 2 man rotation to 3 man to 4 man to 5 man even 6 man. Starters going complete games all the time to barely going 5 or 6 innings once a week. Relievers are taking over. It's just a matter of time.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:29 PM   #62
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

My Yankees team is stuck in Diamond. No championships but I've had some stellar regular seasons

nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #63
bailey
Hall Of Famer

My upcoming opponent in the Perfect Level Sub-league series is a Red Sox themed team. Only 1 player on the team has been on the team for more than 2 weeks. They won their division 87-75 and upended a 118 win team in the Division series (), but alarmingly the team they upset is almost a carbon copy of my own ().

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:16 PM   #64
El Jeffe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I spent two seasons trying to make an all silver team work, but got pounded mercilessly. At least I got some nice silvers trained up for any potential use in tournaments.
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:55 PM   #65
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

I have a Red Sox theme team in Perfect League and I had not checked on it at all this week, so seeing bailey's post, I got all excited and checked on my team... alas, I'm in Perfect .430 not .429 and am 75-97, third place and a mere 54 games out of first... And that's why I haven't been checking on it much these days...

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:23 PM   #66
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

I have a pre-steroid era team stuck in Diamond that made it as a WC.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:28 PM   #67
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Rolling with all three theme teams now. My Bees lost in the semi-finals and will be promoted to Perfect. I'm switching to my Milwaukee Brave/Brewer theme team next season. Acquired the special edition Sain diamond card and (to complete that mission) the diamond Spahn (Spahn and Sain and pray for rain!).

The SenaTwins had the best record in their Diamond League only to lose the divisional round, so they're back in Diamond (not that I mind terribly).

The Homestead Grays Negro League/pre-1947 (pre-integration) MLB player team finished above .500 in Perfect League, so that was cool.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #68
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

And I should mention that my regular team, Duxbury Dragons, appears to have inadvertently become a themed team of players that are "I-thought-were-really-good-but-can't-seem-to-hit-for-s**t-or-pitch-worth-a-damn-at-perfect-league". So if that's a theme, they gots it in spades...

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:08 AM   #69
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

My flagship team, which is a Cincinnati theme team, just made Perfect. They were definitely helped by the diamond and perfect rewards available from the Reds collection missions. So that sped up the timeline for sure. Still, we made it to the mountaintop!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #70
Khlod
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lightbulb

My Future Legend theme team is killing it. With only 1 diamond card so far, (a luckily opened Live Clayton Kershaw), all other cards are high rated gold and after 1yr in silver, few in gold, 5 in diamond and now, in my 1st ever perfect league season, I've ended up 2nd in my division, only 1 game behind leader... I can then say I've been lucky with them!

...or having a undercover team-theme bonus going on in the background. I'm still buying, pilling PP and lurking for diamond FL players now. Hoping to still be a contender!

But my Expos team was struggling in Silver levels since ever and OOTP really need to adress this small Expos Issue!! We need THE SAME THING mentioned by fellow Morug here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morug View Post
My Expos do well in gold since the addition of special edition card..but miss some good players to be contender. No very good SS with an Expos card so I use Andrelton Simmons for now. I need Orlando Cabrera to be created..my only other option at SS is Chris Speier, a Giants who played for the Expos too, but very hard to have this card.
...I've used Asdrubal Cabrera as a remplacement for Orlando, and we have to look far to bolster bullpen depth. (Ugeth Urbina, Mel Rojas would do great aditions!)

But as it is now, it's almost impossible to have an 100% roster with Expos tagged players and compete in higher levels.

So I've enlarged my Expos theme with good players from Missons like Canadians players, 94 broken hearts or foreing ex-Expos relative (Guerrero JR for instance.) Since then, it's doing much better...Gold level competitive now...

This is a good thread! Thx for reading.
Khlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:58 AM   #71
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

The only 'problem' with theme teams is when they kinda finish their course

My two Perfect teams have already surpassed my wildest PT '20 expectations by getting there. Actually my Islanders would have had a Playoff spot if they hadn't lost the last 6 and then a game 163 So those two really have a ceiling of making a Playoff, and have been the same themes since PT '20 started (with the exception of Negro League players joining the All-NL team at some point).

Then Bob's Milwaukee All-Stars are kinda finding their limit with roster too, much like the Uecker's Underdogs did before them (I may be running out of Bob Uecker styles )

So what do to do next? Probably decide the next themes

(the main benefit at this point of the game, is that if I *do* blow a team up and sell all the best guys, it'll create a fun amount of pp to rebuild with)
Old 08-05-2019, 08:21 AM   #72
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
The only 'problem' with theme teams is when they kinda finish their course ...

So what do to do next? Probably decide the next themes

(the main benefit at this point of the game, is that if I *do* blow a team up and sell all the best guys, it'll create a fun amount of pp to rebuild with)

Yeah, I'm to the point my theme teams are kinda maxed out. My two teams in Perfect League, the BraveCrew and Grays are about .500 teams in Perfect. I mix things up by running a Bees lineup (no theme, but a really good lineup of guys like Maddox, Suzuki, Gwynn, Boudreau) or Brewers only for my BraveCrew team, and running a Barnstormer lineup (adding pre-1947 white players to my Negro League Grays). But I'm getting bored.

My SenaTwins are good enough to get promoted to Perfect League soon probably. And they'll be a boring middling team too.

Hopefully tournaments will spice things up...
Old 08-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #73
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Hopefully tournaments will spice things up...
Yeah I'm looking forward to those too.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #74
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
The only 'problem' with theme teams is when they kinda finish their course
Agreed. I have the most fun when I'm figuring out a theme and/or trying to build my team. I love tinkering and experimenting and trying one player or another. But after a while, as we all know, your team gets more and more complete, and the upgrades are fewer and fewer and eventually you sort of reach the end of the road.

What to do then? While there's some enjoyment in rooting your team on, it pales in comparison to creating your team and nursing it along week after week.

So yeah, I guess I'm looking forward to tournaments too!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #75
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

I"ve had moderate success with my Tigers themed team. No championships though.

Hoping the the Historical Collection mission will add some solid pitchign if it ever gets launched. At first i thought it was a good idea to spread them, but now kinda think all the Historical collections should be at once. Spreading out those missions isnt keeping my interest.

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:38 PM   #76
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Agreed. I have the most fun when I'm figuring out a theme and/or trying to build my team. I love tinkering and experimenting and trying one player or another. But after a while, as we all know, your team gets more and more complete, and the upgrades are fewer and fewer and eventually you sort of reach the end of the road.

What to do then? While there's some enjoyment in rooting your team on, it pales in comparison to creating your team and nursing it along week after week.

So yeah, I guess I'm looking forward to tournaments too!

Yeah the Perfect League wall is a bit of a drag. Not making much PP and stuck in the lower division. Not too many upgrades available at this point...
Old 08-07-2019, 06:09 AM   #77
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Yeah the Perfect League wall is a bit of a drag. Not making much PP and stuck in the lower division. Not too many upgrades available at this point...
I did pick up a 1992 Cal Eldred for Bob's rotation, small improvement
Old 08-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #78
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

Twins Win!

My Minnesota Twins/Washington Senators theme team makes the play-offs most years, but is really handicapped by a lack of depth in relief pitching...pretty much Joe Nathan and then nothing. And even he is inconsistent year-to-year. I have converted Garland Braxton and Jack Morris (yeah I know he is a Tiger in the game, but he was a Twin for one of their WS runs) and they have been serviceable options; but Rick Aguilera sucks hard (every year) and then I am just cobbling together whoever I can (Perry, Kaat, Viola and I even give Taylor Rogers a try). The Twins do have some great starting pitching and hitting though (Walter Johnson, Johan Santana, Joe Mauer, Sam Rice, Kirby Puckett, etc.). Fortunately, I got very lucky one year. I won a somewhat weak division and got hot in the play-offs...and ended up taking home the Perfect League trophy.
getheroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #79
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Thinking of evolving Bob's Milwaukee All-Stars into a Milwaukee Northern Alliance team.

Basically would be any team from Milwaukee's latitude going North. Think this would include (from West to East) Seattle, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Toronto, and Montreal. Would help expand my team options, and also not create that much disturbance, as I already have Milwaukee cards coming out of my ears Might just get rid of the cards who aren't Milwaukee on the card itself (goodbye to Arizona All-Star Greinke? )

Anyway, just thoughts

(Edit: Yeah gonna go for that. Will rotate the stadium models too, T-Mobile Park up for 2039, woo!)

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 08-11-2019 at 01:08 PM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #80
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

The first day of play for the Birmingham Combined Authority - a pre-Jackie breakaway team from the color barrier

(also omg I have a (94) Babe Ruth )

(edit: also the first platoon I've tried, with Mule Suttles DH'ing against LHP)
Attached Images

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 08-14-2019 at 10:00 AM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote