Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 10-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #121
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankle View Post
Hey Getch... great work as always. Just want to report a problem I had with a rookie draft in the ASBA (using the most recent 5.0.5 edition of the utilities). For some reason, the csv file of the draft order had a different order for the supplemental was listed in game. I edited the csv file and updated the one on utilities to the correct draft order, and the OOTPOU showed the now correct order.

The first round of the draft went swimmingly, but when we got to the supplemental round, the draft stopped working in Utilities. People could not make their selections and I couldn't auto-draft for them. Basically, it ground to a halt. The only I could make picks was to enter the player ID number manually as the commissioner.

Any idea what may have gone wrong?
I think you should have just used the aditor in OU to fix the draft, maybe editing the CSV screwed with it?

I have been in several leagues with supplemental drafts and hadn't had a problem.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #122
Getch
All Star Reserve

Hey guys, been away, so catching up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindel View Post
So I'm running 5.0.3 and would like to update, however, I'm unsure about how to go about it? Is there a readme or anything?
The readme is here: http://www.getch.com/ouReadme

Just unzip OOTPOU.zip over the existing installation, and run Generate UI Files from the Admin screen after installing it.

Quote:
Question where can I edit to remove relievers from the Cy Young ballot? I have too many dumb owners that can't tell what they are voting for on that ballot...
You would have to edit the OOTPOU/awards/awPitch#.html file and manually remove the row for the people you don't like. It's in HTML format.

Quote:
Will OOTPOU's draft utility work for an association between two leagues?
Can you describe the association further? Is this a feeder league or something else? The game goes by what is in OOTP.

Quote:
I'm going to ask the dumbest question of all... We're starting a rookie draft. We've imported the draft into the Utilities. We're all good to go... How do we start the clock?
Clock starts after the first pick.

Quote:
Hey Getch... great work as always. Just want to report a problem I had with a rookie draft in the ASBA (using the most recent 5.0.5 edition of the utilities). For some reason, the csv file of the draft order had a different order for the supplemental was listed in game. I edited the csv file and updated the one on utilities to the correct draft order, and the OOTPOU showed the now correct order.

The first round of the draft went swimmingly, but when we got to the supplemental round, the draft stopped working in Utilities. People could not make their selections and I couldn't auto-draft for them. Basically, it ground to a halt. The only I could make picks was to enter the player ID number manually as the commissioner.

Any idea what may have gone wrong?
That's odd... did it start working again after the supplimental round, or did it just stop working forever?
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #123
mankle
Minors (Double A)

It just stopped working forever.... Did the supplemental round through our forums and hoped it would start working again in the 2nd round (which was untouched by my editing of the .csv file).... it never did. Now, I'm the only one who can enter picks, and only by doing it manually (with the player ID number) through the admin screen.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #124
Recte44
Global Moderator

Is there a way to make the draft Auto-Complete?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #125
Recte44
Global Moderator

I'm trying to create the import file for my draft, however, it's not updating draft.csv at all. It creates picks.txt but not an updated draft.csv file.

Ideas?

Last edited by Recte44; 10-23-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Recte44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #126
Recte44
Global Moderator

It's going to really suck to input nearly 500 picks manually in-game.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #127
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankle View Post
It just stopped working forever.... Did the supplemental round through our forums and hoped it would start working again in the 2nd round (which was untouched by my editing of the .csv file).... it never did. Now, I'm the only one who can enter picks, and only by doing it manually (with the player ID number) through the admin screen.
We fixed it by manually editing two garbage lines in the picks.txt file. If something like this happens, crack open that file and see if there is anything wrong.

Quote:
I'm trying to create the import file for my draft, however, it's not updating draft.csv at all. It creates picks.txt but not an updated draft.csv file.
Are you on 5.0.5? It wasn't implemented until that version (I see one of your leagues is 5.0.4, not sure which one needs to import).

Also, two things about the import file:

#1. You need to auto complete whatever round you are on in OU if it is partially complete... I don't trust OOTP's import logic for partially completed rounds.

#2. If you don't finish all the rounds you planned, OU will create blank rounds for the ones you never even got to. This is a bug in OU. To workaround it, just manually delete the rounds from the draft.csv file. I'll fix in the next version
Old 10-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #128
Recte44
Global Moderator

Thanks Getch. I was worried about switching versions while the draft was still in progress. However, everything seems to be cool
Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #129
Recte44
Global Moderator

Well, maybe one glitch after the fact. I completed the draft, imported it to OOTP and everything is fine. However, now the draft from this season isn't showing up in OOTPOU Draft History. Yes, I generated draft history.

Any ideas?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #130
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Well, maybe one glitch after the fact. I completed the draft, imported it to OOTP and everything is fine. However, now the draft from this season isn't showing up in OOTPOU Draft History. Yes, I generated draft history.

Any ideas?
It'll show up in the following year. Generate it once the year turns.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #131
Recte44
Global Moderator

Draft was in 1977, we're in 1978. It's not showing up.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #132
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Draft was in 1977, we're in 1978. It's not showing up.
Open up the file OOTPOU/draft/history/100/y1977.txt. If it is empty or otherwise looking bad, delete it and regenerate the draft. Does the Generate complete or does it timeout/error?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #133
bdub
Bat Boy

Export Directory

First of all thank you for this great utility. I just have one issue. When setting it up for the first time, I can't for the life of me get it to find my export directory. No matter what I put in it always says "could not find directory". Am I missing something here? I should be putting it in just like I put the reports directory in right?
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #134
Recte44
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Open up the file OOTPOU/draft/history/100/y1977.txt. If it is empty or otherwise looking bad, delete it and regenerate the draft. Does the Generate complete or does it timeout/error?
That did the trick, thanks!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #135
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
First of all thank you for this great utility. I just have one issue. When setting it up for the first time, I can't for the life of me get it to find my export directory. No matter what I put in it always says "could not find directory". Am I missing something here? I should be putting it in just like I put the reports directory in right?
Yeah, sorry, it's a little confusing. The export directory is relative to the OU directory. So, if your OU is installed in www/cgi-bin, and your exports are located in www/exports, you'd want the value to be "../exports". The ".." means "up one directory".

If you still have trouble, PM me the league site and where the exports are and I can tell you the value you need.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #136
bdub
Bat Boy

That did the trick. I wasn't putting in the "..". Thanks for your help.
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #137
Travereno
Minors (Single A)

Hi, thank you for making this utility. I've used it as a GM in the past and its awesome. I'm a first time commissioner in a league, and I plan to implement the utility for my next draft. However, I'm not exactly savvy with this utility (at least the admin part of it). I'm hearing that the OOTP game doesn't allow you to import the draft results (another league i'm in, the commish actually had to manually put the picks in). i was wondering if you could break down steps to allow the game to import the results from OU (if its even possible) that way that doesn't happen to me. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for this awesome utility!
Travereno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #138
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

So, is utilities not able to export the draft.csv back into the ftp and update it? I thought the readme said that utilities would put it into the draft folders on the server, but when I went to it it was only the draft.csv i initially put in there.

Anyone know what to do about this?
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #139
Getch
All Star Reserve

Draft import works, but you must have OU version 5.0.5, and OOTP version 13.7.26 or later. The instructions are in the ouReadme under Draft -> Operations:

OOTP OU Readme

Let me know if you have any further questions. It's pretty simple, really. Generate it in OU, copy it from the server to your local PC and run import from OOTP in-game. Just be sure to read the Very Important section.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #140
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Hi Getch,

In the troubleshooting section of the read me there is this info:
None of my changes in the Admin page stick
The solution is changing various file/folder permissions.

For us the Admin page changes all stick, but for the draft page none of the checkboxes ("Auto-draft using draft List" etc.) stick for any owner or admin. I've adjusted all file/folder permissions within the 'draft' folder & subfolders to 755 in case that was the problem but it still won't work. Any ideas?

Note: This is the latest version of Getch utilities for OOTP13.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote