Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 12-27-2022, 09:15 AM   #1
1B2B3BSS
Bat Boy

Arizona Diamondbacks (est. 2022)

I'm trying this for the first time, but might be a while between updates since I play every game, every season.

MAJOR ADDITIONS

SS/2B/3B Santiago Espinal: I wanted a strong utility player. Espinal was a part of a huge trade with Blue Jays to get Adam Cimber.

3B/2B/SS/1B Andy Ibanez: Same reason as Espinal, but I also needed a decent right handed bat. I chose Ibanez from Rangers because that way I could also get 1B Blaine Crim, a guy who was awesome in another of my saves.

C Carlos Perez: I gave up a lot to get rid of Madison Bumgarner and his contract, and Carlos Perez is a nice backup catcher from White Sox.

SP Dallas Keuchel: One of the bad things I got in return of sending Bumgarner to White Sox.

SP Cristian Javier: Astros are often quite low on Javier in OOTP, and I needed a starter with high ceiling potential. I'm happy if he just goes 5 innings and 1-2 ER per game.

RP Josh Martin: My favorite addition so far. I bought his contract from Kentucky Wild Health Genomes in Atlantic League, and I believe he has average stuff, above average control, barely giving up homers, and can pitch for a couple of innings each time.

RP Adam Cimber: A must.

RP Tim Mayza: The best lefty in the bullpen.

RP Dylan Floro: A beast in my last save (with Brewers), but he's been terrible for me at Diamondbacks. Almost making us lose a four run lead vs Padres, and played a big part in three losses.

RP Dauri Moreta: A guy from Reds that I hope I can stretch into a decent starter next year. I might've overpaid, even if he's been good so far.

RP Angel Perdomo: We needed another lefty and Perdomo was a waiver claim.

Summary: I wanted a few new infielders, a high ceiling starter, and a new bullpen. We had to give up a lot to do this, but none of our top 10 prospects.

RESULTS (12-8)

Padres: 3-1
Astros: 2-0
Mets: 0-2 (both losses by 1 run)
Nationals: 3-1
Mets: 1-3
Dodgers: 2-1
Cardinals: 1-0 (so far)

STATS NOTES

SS Nick Ahmed is the only one in the team who is SUPERB in defence (already 3,6 in ZR).

2B Ketel Marte 180 OPS+, LF Alek Thomas 137 OPS+, RF Pavin Smith 118 OPS+. All other bats have been below league average so far.

SP Zac Gallen after five starts: 33.1 IP, 0.81 ERA.

Other than that, the bullpen is great: Tim Mayza, Joe Mantiply, Adam Cimber, Mark Melancon, Josh Martin… Even long reliefer Edwin Uceta is doing a great job.

We've only scored 80 runs in 20 games. We hit above average, but lack power and we leave a lot of guys on base. We only have 16 home runs in 20 games.

We've also only given up 58 ER, best of all teams. Opponents have 0.657 OPS against us (also the lowest of all teams), although we are BABIP-lucky.

Teams are great at stealing against us, but we are awful at stealing. I don't know why, because I only try when the odds are in our favor.

OTHER NOTES

Matt Tabor got his first start, vs Mets: 5.2 IP, 2 ER, 1.06 WHIP.

1B Buddy Kennedy and SS Geraldo Perdomo are crushing it at AAA level. Kennedy might soon get a call up if DH Seth Beer and/or 1B Christian Walker continues to struggle. DH (?) Spencer Horwitz (AA) or RF Griffin Conine (AAA) are other options if their bats continues to be hot.

Everyones favorite Corbin Carroll is OK at AA level so far. Jordan Lawlar is a bit better at A+ level. Those are the only two position player prospects I believe can make a big impact at MLB level.

Unfortunately, pretty much every pitcher at AAA level is awful so far (in a very hitter friendly park). That sucks, because we are desperate for starting pitching in the long term. Tabor only got called up because all other options had 6-10 ERA.

The player (with high trade value) that I'm closest to trading: Daulton Varsho. I don't think he's ever going to be anything other than a league average hitter (and now he's worse than that), and I'm not sure his defense is good enough to continue at CF. I might trade him before his value continues to shrink.
1B2B3BSS is offline   Reply With Quote