Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:54 PM   #1
Martos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How do I play in a "fair" tournament?

I just played my first tournament and it was a complete joke. The other players clearly have a methodology for playing and it involves stacking 100 rated players to squeak under the point cap. I gave them a good run for their money with beginners luck beating the first stacked team in a best of 5 series, before falling 3-2 in the next series.

So other than playing that rigged game by spending a bunch of time, is there some way to participate in a fair tournament or easy way to identify one? I'm sure I could play the same BS stacking process, but I find it tedious.

Last edited by Martos; 05-01-2020 at 09:01 PM.
Martos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:27 PM   #2
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

There’s no stacking in the bronze and iron only tournaments. I mean, you’ll still have the winning teams with all 69 or 59 rated cards, and there’s a lot of meta that you have to learn as well, but you don’t see stacking at least...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

So you want a capped tourney where people don't play their good cards?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:08 PM   #4
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Personally I feel like the really interesting part is that this guy played against two rosters that employed this strategy and was actually successful against one of them and took the other one to the max. The sample size is small but this doesn’t appear to be an obnoxiously lopsided strategy at all...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:43 AM   #5
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martos View Post
I just played my first tournament and it was a complete joke. The other players clearly have a methodology for playing and it involves stacking 100 rated players to squeak under the point cap. I gave them a good run for their money with beginners luck beating the first stacked team in a best of 5 series, before falling 3-2 in the next series.

So other than playing that rigged game by spending a bunch of time, is there some way to participate in a fair tournament or easy way to identify one? I'm sure I could play the same BS stacking process, but I find it tedious.
I don't know...fair is a pretty tricky term for a competition...

Does it have to be so competitive? Well, you sound like you want to win.

But beyond that, I can't plan for you, no. Think that's why they say Good Luck!

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote