Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 03-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #41
Bsf2434
Bat Boy

Would appreciate any news/update..
Bsf2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #42
BradC
All Star Starter

Given the late date, iOOTP 2013 development is now final. We are focused on FHM, BTS, iOOTP 2014, and OOTP 15.

I deleted an inflammatory thread started on this forum by someone who was unhappy with that news and will delete any others that are started. We realize people are frustrated by this news, but development of the FHM update was larger and more complex than originally anticipated, and with our resources maxed out, something had to give. There's no point in going in circles talking about this forever.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:06 PM   #43
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Given the late date, iOOTP 2013 development is now final. We are focused on FHM, BTS, iOOTP 2014, and OOTP 15.

I deleted an inflammatory thread started on this forum by someone who was unhappy with that news and will delete any others that are started. We realize people are frustrated by this news, but development of the FHM update was larger and more complex than originally anticipated, and with our resources maxed out, something had to give. There's no point in going in circles talking about this forever.
I figured this was the case being that April isn't too far away. No reason to spend work on a game that is being "replaced" by a newer one very soon. Thanks for the update and can't wait til iOOTP 14.
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #44
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

The problem last year, as I understand it, was a new game and stretched manpower. Are you guys not doing the exact same thing this year?

I love the game, I really do. However, I didn't appreciate being told certain features (player editor, roster updates, and bug fixes) were going to be added last season through updates. As a customer of every version of iOOTP, are you willing to guarantee that that will not be the case this season?
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #45
BradC
All Star Starter

Honestly, I don't think any software developer can guarantee anything. I don't mean to sound flippant, but that's the case no matter what you're developing. Stuff happens and you try to deal with it the best you can. In our case, we are always maxed out with our resources, so one hiccup has big ripple effects.

By a new game, are you referring to BTS Football? If so, that's Francis Cole's game, and Sebastian has nothing to do with it.

Or do you mean FHM 2015? If so, yes, that could (stress *could*) cause a problem, but let's remember that the first version of any game is always the most labor intensive. For example, OOTP 12 shipped in late June because Markus ended up spending more time than he expected helping Sebastian get iOOTP off the ground. Once Sebastian was up and running, though, Markus didn't have to do that again.

So, same thing here: FHM is now up and running and will be in good shape after the new updates are out. Also, Malte works on FHM too, so hopefully he can pick up any slack as Sebastian works on iOOTP updates.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #46
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think any software developer can guarantee anything. I don't mean to sound flippant, but that's the case no matter what you're developing. Stuff happens and you try to deal with it the best you can. In our case, we are always maxed out with our resources, so one hiccup has big ripple effects.

By a new game, are you referring to BTS Football? If so, that's Francis Cole's game, and Sebastian has nothing to do with it.

Or do you mean FHM 2015? If so, yes, that could (stress *could*) cause a problem, but let's remember that the first version of any game is always the most labor intensive. For example, OOTP 12 shipped in late June because Markus ended up spending more time than he expected helping Sebastian get iOOTP off the ground. Once Sebastian was up and running, though, Markus didn't have to do that again.

So, same thing here: FHM is now up and running and will be in good shape after the new updates are out. Also, Malte works on FHM too, so hopefully he can pick up any slack as Sebastian works on iOOTP updates.

Yes, I was referring to BTS Football. That's all I needed to hear. Looking forward to more info on the new version of iOOTP, and release. Thanks for the reply.
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #47
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Add ability to shop player around.

Agree. Huge need to be able to shop player.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #48
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTO333 View Post
I figured this was the case being that April isn't too far away. No reason to spend work on a game that is being "replaced" by a newer one very soon. Thanks for the update and can't wait til iOOTP 14.
I agree with ZTO333. Although it's disappointing that it took so long to close the door on the possible updates, I'd rather have them focus on 14. As long as the changes are significant and worthwhile (and, quite honestly, address some of my major issues :-)), I'll buy iOOTP 14 as soon as it comes out.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #49
revcarte
Major Leagues

disappointed

I would like to express my disappointment over this whole mess. After waiting nearly a year a a half for an upgrade that supports the larger Retina display on the iPhone 5 and after being told that an upgrade was coming, I must admit that I am disappointed. I realize that plans change and this is not the end of the world for me but I think it has been handled really poorly by the company and reflects badly on them.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:35 AM   #50
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
i would like to express my disappointment over this whole mess. After waiting nearly a year a a half for an upgrade that supports the larger retina display on the iphone 5 and after being told that an upgrade was coming, i must admit that i am disappointed. I realize that plans change and this is not the end of the world for me but i think it has been handled really poorly by the company and reflects badly on them.
exactly.
Star Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #51
Hermbot
Bat Boy

**** happens. I got my $5 worth out of this app. All the best with your future apps, which I will continue to buy.
Hermbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #52
revcarte
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermbot View Post
**** happens. I got my $5 worth out of this app. All the best with your future apps, which I will continue to buy.
With all due respect it is not a matter of whether or not you got your $ worth from the App. I happen to agree. But the company repeatedly made promises or commitments and then left everyone hanging for months and then decided to do nothing. That is what I meant when I said it was handled poorly and a bad reflection on the company. Integrity is something that still means something to me. Am I losing sleep, No. Just making a point.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #53
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
With all due respect it is not a matter of whether or not you got your $ worth from the App. I happen to agree. But the company repeatedly made promises or commitments and then left everyone hanging for months and then decided to do nothing. That is what I meant when I said it was handled poorly and a bad reflection on the company. Integrity is something that still means something to me. Am I losing sleep, No. Just making a point.
We can't do more then explaining the situation. I will do it one more time (the last time):

When I joined OOTP Dev to make iOOTP I quit my job and took the risk that iOOTP will work out. As you all know, iOOTP is priced $5, people pay more for a coffee this days. Now, from this $5 I get just a small share as Apple (30%), PISD, graphics, PR and OOTP Dev get all shares too. On top of it we lose about 30% due to the bad Euro-$ exchange rate. All 3 versions sold about the same number of games, we were always happy with the numbers but it never was enough to support my life. So two years I had to cut back my expenses to make the game. When I had the chance to make FHM as my own project, I had to take it, otherwise I would be back to a normal job. With FHM I make enough money to support my life, in theory I could just abandon iOOTP. But that is not my intention, as I like the game a lot. So the last few weeks (and the upcoming weeks) I work on iOOTP (and on FHM in my "free-time") to release a new version this year.

Long story short: without FHM there would be no iOOTP anymore. We want to make a new version every year and we will continue to support it throughout the year if needed (bugs, smaller additions) but with such a small price it is not possible to work on it around the year fulltime.

I'm glad that most people here understand and I'm looking forward to another year of iOOTP. Can't wait for Opening Day and iOOTP in April.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #54
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
We can't do more then explaining the situation. I will do it one more time (the last time):

When I joined OOTP Dev to make iOOTP I quit my job and took the risk that iOOTP will work out. As you all know, iOOTP is priced $5, people pay more for a coffee this days. Now, from this $5 I get just a small share as Apple (30%), PISD, graphics, PR and OOTP Dev get all shares too. On top of it we lose about 30% due to the bad Euro-$ exchange rate. All 3 versions sold about the same number of games, we were always happy with the numbers but it never was enough to support my life. So two years I had to cut back my expenses to make the game. When I had the chance to make FHM as my own project, I had to take it, otherwise I would be back to a normal job. With FHM I make enough money to support my life, in theory I could just abandon iOOTP. But that is not my intention, as I like the game a lot. So the last few weeks (and the upcoming weeks) I work on iOOTP (and on FHM in my "free-time") to release a new version this year.

Long story short: without FHM there would be no iOOTP anymore. We want to make a new version every year and we will continue to support it throughout the year if needed (bugs, smaller additions) but with such a small price it is not possible to work on it around the year fulltime.

I'm glad that most people here understand and I'm looking forward to another year of iOOTP. Can't wait for Opening Day and iOOTP in April.
That was a great response. I don't get people who complain about this. I honestly got my $5 out of it within the first month. I am absolutely addicted to iOOTP as I have been since it came out. To the people who complain (which is different from a sincere suggestion) its $5. I totally understand where Sebastian is coming from. I'd assume the game will continue to get better but you'll all keep complaining. Thanks Sebastian and the whole OOTP team for making such a great game and I can't wait til April to get my hands on the new one!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #55
revcarte
Major Leagues

again….

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTO333 View Post
That was a great response. I don't get people who complain about this. I honestly got my $5 out of it within the first month. I am absolutely addicted to iOOTP as I have been since it came out. To the people who complain (which is different from a sincere suggestion) its $5. I totally understand where Sebastian is coming from. I'd assume the game will continue to get better but you'll all keep complaining. Thanks Sebastian and the whole OOTP team for making such a great game and I can't wait til April to get my hands on the new one!
If you are referring to me I suggest you read my comments. It is not a matter of getting $ worth. I enjoyed the game for quite some time and can appreciate the programmers circumstance as well. I just felt like I was led to believe for a long time that an upgrade was forthcoming. I wish the company well in all future endeavors and certainly am not bitter. Just making what I beiieve is a valid point.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #56
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
If you are referring to me I suggest you read my comments. It is not a matter of getting $ worth. I enjoyed the game for quite some time and can appreciate the programmers circumstance as well. I just felt like I was led to believe for a long time that an upgrade was forthcoming. I wish the company well in all future endeavors and certainly am not bitter. Just making what I beiieve is a valid point.
I wasn't simply referring to you there have been many people complaining. Most of them are likely spoiled by how good OOTP on the PC is without realizing how great and very cheap iOOTP is. When it comes to you I understand you have good intentions but I think you're wrong about these "promises." They simply stated what their plans were. Sh*t happens. If you read Sebastion's last post you can see how he needed to do more work on FHM. They stated plans that didn't work out. I'd prefer that over no update about intentions/plans at all. I just felt obligated to defend Sebastion on this
Old 03-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #57
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermbot View Post
Couldn't have said it any better. IMO iOOTP is easily the best game; no, the best APP on the app store. I will not stop buying future games regardless of this whole situation.

And revcarte, I just want to say that I certainly understand where you are coming from. I personally just look at the circumstances and choose to forgive and forget. Obviously given what's been said on other threads as well as this one, nothing like this should happen again, since most of the hard stuff with developing FHM is now in the rearview mirror. Yeah they didn't come out with the updates but it's not the end of the world, and this situation likely won't present itself again in the future.

My point is, it's all good, and I will continue to support iOOTP as long as it is being developed, and it doesn't sound like stuff like this comes up often.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #58
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I can see both sides of this one.
Revs point is completely valid but I guess what isn't always remembered is that behind any game is a team of programmers and a budget. These guys have mortgages to pay and mouths to feed.

Maybe promises shouldn't have been made - or at least statements giving hope of something that failed to occur .... But being optimistic isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'd rather a long wait and a game to play come April rather than nothing at all and the game completely ceasing .... But hey that's just me.

I've always got time for the likes of Rev as he will justifiably complain articulately
.... Some of the others (and you know who you are) just bitch about stuff without looking at the reasons why ... Which at least the like of Rev take into consideration.

It's all good ....
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #59
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dog 13 View Post
I can see both sides of this one.
Revs point is completely valid but I guess what isn't always remembered is that behind any game is a team of programmers and a budget. These guys have mortgages to pay and mouths to feed.

Maybe promises shouldn't have been made - or at least statements giving hope of something that failed to occur .... But being optimistic isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'd rather a long wait and a game to play come April rather than nothing at all and the game completely ceasing .... But hey that's just me.

I've always got time for the likes of Rev as he will justifiably complain articulately
.... Some of the others (and you know who you are) just bitch about stuff without looking at the reasons why ... Which at least the like of Rev take into consideration.

It's all good ....

I too concur with this. Bottom line, as suggested, this is a phenomenal app for the price. And sure, disappointment on things said, but sooo understand. Great job on iOOTP. AND great job on the whole team and their dedication to keep a current dialogue going no matter what. THAT is pretty darn phenomenal of itself
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #60
revcarte
Major Leagues

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
Couldn't have said it any better. IMO iOOTP is easily the best game; no, the best APP on the app store. I will not stop buying future games regardless of this whole situation.

And revcarte, I just want to say that I certainly understand where you are coming from. I personally just look at the circumstances and choose to forgive and forget. Obviously given what's been said on other threads as well as this one, nothing like this should happen again, since most of the hard stuff with developing FHM is now in the rearview mirror. Yeah they didn't come out with the updates but it's not the end of the world, and this situation likely won't present itself again in the future.

My point is, it's all good, and I will continue to support iOOTP as long as it is being developed, and it doesn't sound like stuff like this comes up often.
Well said and I like your viewpoint. We all have done things that could have been handled better. I may get interested in the game again and buy it myself when the new version comes out