Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 01-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #21
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Cheers Sebastian - appreciate the update.

Ironic that Star Chamber uses the word "fool" quote a lot in his post
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:44 AM   #22
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Chamber View Post
I don't know about you, but if they don't make at least some effort re new version to fix some of the problems with 2013, I'm not buying 2014.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice...
If possible, can you post a short list of stuff that is wrong in 2013? That would help me a lot!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #23
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
If possible, can you post a short list of stuff that is wrong in 2013? That would help me a lot!

Good news!

Here are some bugs:

- You can't offer cash in a trade but the AI can.
- Sometimes a game starts with the same score as the last game, there's a post on another thread about it.
- On players with long histories, the last 1 or 2 lines are always cut off.
- There is no expansion in historical leagues.

Some necessary improvements:
- Using the "Ask computer to set up entire team" needs a confirmation screen.
- Some people want bigger buttons when doing a substitution, and instead of it saying "Would you like to enter Player A?", it should say "Would you like to enter Player A for Player B?".
- You should be able to bring somebody up with a full roster, and then immediately select who you want to send down. This saves the annoying screen of "The roster has the maximum amount of players."

Additions (maybe for iOOTP 2014)?
- Shop Player function like in OOTP
- improved AI that coincides with the improved OOTP15 AI.
- More ability to set up custom amount of leagues. We should be able to select how many teams and how many games they play.
- Greater ability to export stats and results to files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #24
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Fix the bug where doing a double switch results in the pitcher getting credited with playing a fielding position, the position player gets credited with appearing as a pitcher (look at some of your old box scores for examples)

Interestingly, when the AI makes a double-switch, this bug does not occur.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #25
whipple.ck
Bat Boy

Id like the ability to customize the stats columns
Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #26
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
From some of my other postings:
Playing individual games:
  • When choosing a reliever or bringing in a pinch hitter or pinch runner during a game, there is no way to see any details about them (e.g. in the Batting Ratings or Pitching Ratings or Defensive Ratings windows) without actually committing to have them enter the game. This is an enormous pain. This is essential to fix.
  • When bringing in a pinch hitter or pinch runner during a game, you can never be sure that the player that you are taking OUT of the game is the correct one, since your finger might have selected the player above or below the one you want. One of the worst situations that I've experienced with this is thinking that I was bringing in Cecil Fielder to pinch hit but instead having him pinch run Damaso Garcia on first base because my touch was registered on the player above the batter. Also today, I intended to pinch hit for my pitcher with Steve Garvey but ended up having him pinch run instead (and my pitcher had to bat for himself and struck out). This would be easily solved by changing the confirmation message to have the words "pinch hit" or "pinch run" and the name of the player replaced. This is also an enormous pain, as I find that this problem used to happen (until I became Very Very Careful with my fingers) to me at least once a week. This is essential to fix.
  • When choosing a starting pitcher, there is no way to tell how tired they are without exiting the current game and going to the Active Roster.
  • It would be wonderful if there was a way to recall the previous play-by-play message from the previous play. Very often, I'm quickly going through my game and I accidentally clear the message before I realize that it didn't quite say what I thought it did. I used to think that it was my own fault but sometimes it ends up clearing with a phantom touch (not quite contacting the surface).
  • Although I am very impressed about the vast variety of play-by-play verbiage, the two things that are noticeably missing are anything about the team batting around in an inning and a pitcher striking out the side in an inning.
  • When viewing the roster looking for a pinch hitter/runner, it would be really nice if entering the roster would use a default filter of only batters. This is already done for changing pitchers.. If I want to see the full roster, it's easy enough to clear that filter. But in about four NL seasons of playing every game, I've never had a need to pinch hit with a pitcher.
  • Sometimes entering the roster has a default position sort of ascending, instead of descending. I pretty much never want to see Closers above Relievers as a default.
  • In the in-game play, when a player makes an error, the play-by-play sometimes tells you how many errors the player has made. The count appears not to be the count for this year but for this year plus last year. This also happens in the box score.
  • Tiny, tiny rule interpretation problem: Bottom of the ninth, score tied, bases loaded with one out. Batter hits a ground ball that hits a runner. The runner was out (which is correct) but the runner from third was allowed to score (which is wrong), winning the game.
  • I have mentioned in the past a bug where a game is started with the same score as the game that just finished (with tired starting pitchers). I won't detail it here. It has occurred multiple times (once costing me a pennant) but I don't know how to reproduce it. I posted about it at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...26310-bug.html.
And some that don't have to do with playing individual games:
  • When either in the Active Roster or the Minor League Roster, if you filter the output using the dropdown box (e.g. only Second Base) and then you view the info for a specific player, the filter is cleared to show all players. I never want this to happen.
  • When either in the Active Roster or the Minor League Roster, if your view is Batting Ratings and you change your filter to Pitcher, the view should automatically change to Pitcher Ratings (and vice versa). The same should be true for switching the view from Batting Stats to Pitching Stats when you change your filter to Pitcher. In the rare case when someone really wants to see Batting Stats for Pitchers, they can easily change the view.
    • As a rule, changing a filter or a view in the Rosters should always default to providing useful information for their Batter/Pitcher role when the user sees the new data for the first time. If they want something more obscure, they can easily select it.
  • When viewing in the Active Roster or Minor League Roster, filtering by position often (but not always) results in an empty list (yes, I've verified that it isn't just an empty page at the end of a multipage list).
  • After the trading deadline, it would be nice if the News didn't have articles about players possibly being traded. If they can't be traded for another month, what's the point?
  • In the Standings screen, I'd love to see info about winning/losing streaks and Last 10. I realize that there might not be enough horizontal space but it would be nice if this was implemented in some way (Expanded Standings screen?).
  • In the News section, it would be nice to see articles about teams' performance (e.g. Philadelphia has won 8 in a row).
  • In the League Leaders section, it would be nice to see more than the top 3 in each category (perhaps by touching the category heading to bring up a longer list?). I just finished a season where I spent a game-month or more trying to get my best starter in the top 3 in wins but he kept being tied with the 2nd and 3rd place starters because they kept on winning.
  • If you enter the Active Player List, it should be at the first page, not at the page you were last at. The chances of you entering that list for the same reason as last time would be fairly low.
  • In the Amateur Draft, it would be good if you could get a recommendation from your scouting staff without having to actually draft that player.
  • The logistics of trading are horrible. Please revamp the trading system by trying to think about how EASY you can make it for us to go from "hey, I'd like to make a trade" to "trade completed" (e.g. minimize number of clicks/taps, reduce how much the user needs to remember between screens, make On The Block more useful, etc.). And make sure that it is so. Then tell us that it's new and improved.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #27
ms2002
All Star Starter

Quote:
A few issues that would go a long way into helping the iOOTP experience:

Filtering: I posted this in another thread, but it's too hard right now to search for 'types' of players. There should be additional filtering options on the player search page, like "Batter/Pitcher Handedness" and "Age." It would also be helpful to switch views (e.g. Batting 1 to Batting 2) without resetting the list of players on the page, so that you can quickly view ratings for a group of players. For example, if you sort a list of catchers by age and then switch to the "Position skills" screen, player the list would reset. Adding a player shortlist option would be incredibly helpful as well.

Pending Contracts: Please add the ability to withdraw a contract offer. It would be great if there were an additional page or tab on the Free Agents page that would include Free Agent offers and Current Roster contract offers.

Modern Free Agent Compensation: Please make Type A & B draft pick compensation an option, if not removed entirely. This was always extended too far in OOTP and it's no longer used in MLB anyway. The qualifying offer option should be added.
ms2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #28
Raz Algool
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yikes. The guy asked for a simple list. No wonder we haven't seen any updates.

Here's a simple but annoying one: in the news section, you can't see the entire All-Star roster. It posts the whole thing for the American League but the graphics only accommodate half of the National League roster and you can't scroll down to see anything past the third baseman.
Raz Algool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #29
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz Algool View Post
Yikes. The guy asked for a simple list. No wonder we haven't seen any updates.

Here's a simple but annoying one: in the news section, you can't see the entire All-Star roster. It posts the whole thing for the American League but the graphics only accommodate half of the National League roster and you can't scroll down to see anything past the third baseman.
A list of bugs not a lost of improvements is how I read it yeah
Old 01-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #30
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

Wow! I can't believe there will actually be an update. I'm shocked.

Will this fix the text formatting issues?
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #31
Bsf2434
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I enjoy the game as it is but just a few simple things that could make it better.

- being able to withdraw offers made to FA
- more realistic FA market
- cash in trades
- better draft system (pretty much no talent beyond 1st rd)
- as teams improve so should their payroll (idk if this is in the game or not)
Bsf2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #32
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've seen an issue where the playoff teams are not listed in the email right before the post season. There just aren't any names after the ":" at the end of the message.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #33
whipple.ck
Bat Boy

I would love it if making the playoffs had an effect on fan interest/loyalty. And shouldn't being in the playoffs alleviate player unhappiness, at least temporarily?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #34
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipple.ck View Post
I would love it if making the playoffs had an effect on fan interest/loyalty. And shouldn't being in the playoffs alleviate player unhappiness, at least temporarily?
Yep definitely agree
Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #35
Dr. Brian
Minors (Single A)

Fix Trade Bug

Computer Opponents are allowed to trade players that were just drafted. However, the intellegent human player can not.
Dr. Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:21 AM   #36
redsfan17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any update at all about the proposed update? I really hope that this update does not affect iOOTP 2014. I really love this game and will buy the next one , like I have bought all of them. I would love a fix to make the game fit iPhone 5s and possibly for 2014 some improvements in the game, like expansion as it happened in real life in Historical play. A thing that I am noticing is that the draft classes are not as deep or as strong as in 2013, was that a development choice?
redsfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:20 PM   #37
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan17 View Post
Any update at all about the proposed update? I really hope that this update does not affect iOOTP 2014. I really love this game and will buy the next one , like I have bought all of them. I would love a fix to make the game fit iPhone 5s and possibly for 2014 some improvements in the game, like expansion as it happened in real life in Historical play. A thing that I am noticing is that the draft classes are not as deep or as strong as in 2013, was that a development choice?
I feel like it's better at this point to just concentrate on this year's version. Considering opening day is just about 3 months away now, it makes more sense to just focus on iOOTP 14.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #38
redsfan17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would agree with you, but it has been said that the process that Sebastian is going through with iOOTP2013 it what Apple is requiring for all the apps now. Do we want him to update last years game, or have to write and test iOOTP2014 with all the new (hopefully) features and to make sure it will work on iPhone 5 and iOS7? Unfortunately, it may be problems no matter what way it goes, since we have had little to no communication about it. And before anybody says that I am trolling, let me state: I love iOOTP. I have bought every version and plan to buy the next ones too. I purchased FHM for god's sake, and it is far from the polished product it will be someday. I still play iOOTP2013 everyday and occasionally play iOOTP2012 still. It would be nice to hear from someone, even if it is to tell us that there is no update, or that the update has hit a snag. Something! Communication is key, or they will lose customers and we will lose this great game that we can play on the go. Enough of the wall of text though.
redsfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #39
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

I don't want to bug you here but,
Any progress reports on features that are being worked on or the estimated time remaining before the update is released? Just wondering...
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #40
daves
Hall Of Famer

I know it can't do all that OOTP has, but it needs the following:
1. shop player around.
2. Set trade difficulty
3. Better commish controls.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote