Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #41
Libid21
All Star Reserve

I admit that I haven't checked up on any of the RTR posts (I've been extremely busy) so I hope you guys don't mind me asking a quick question or two:

How in-depth is the season mode? Is it the same as the computer one? I'm sure there are no face mods but I was just wondering. I downloaded the game last night but won't be able to try it out until tomorrow morning I bet.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #42
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

Location: Somewhere, not sure where. Maybe nearby, maybe far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
I admit that I haven't checked up on any of the RTR posts (I've been extremely busy) so I hope you guys don't mind me asking a quick question or two:

How in-depth is the season mode? Is it the same as the computer one? I'm sure there are no face mods but I was just wondering. I downloaded the game last night but won't be able to try it out until tomorrow morning I bet.
To be honest, a lot more in-depth than I thought it could be. Is it the same depth as the PC version? No, but it sure is nice to be able to play OOTP wherever you are! I've caught myself the last few weeks playing a few games in my car before going into work in the morning.

To add more depth, it would be nice to have career leader boards, player history, league transactions, etc. but there needs to be a give and take given the memory and size constraints. I think it's only going to get better!
Ryan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #43
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

Location: Somewhere, not sure where. Maybe nearby, maybe far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
2 were blowing in.. one was blowing right to left, the other was blowing out.
Well, then that is odd but again it's 4 games. Don't read too much into the fact that Austin Jackson hit a 475 ft HR. I remember that some people changed their park dimensions in OOTP to be 700 ft. to center thinking that was going to prevent HR's to CF. Nope, it just meant guys hit 750 ft. HR's! That's the way the game engine works (HR result, hit to CF).

I urge you to continue playing and look at the results in a month or two. I am guessing everything will normalize and be fine. This game engine has been in use for a long time (13+ years).
Ryan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #44
Cusefan95
Minors (Double A)

It seems like most people here are into customization, but this is almost exactly what I wished the desktop version was. Clean and simple. Start up a new game in seconds. All your minor leaguers lumped together so you don't have to worry about multiple minor leagues. There are not a dozen setup screens to go through and adjust. Who cares about logo's, team names, facegen....it is all just cosmetics. I haven't finished a season yet, so I'll have to see how the offseason goes still, but the amateur draft was nice. I hope this is a big success and it saves me having to even consider buying the full desktop version!

I rated it 5 stars and highly recommend it for anyone who feels the desktop version is just way too cumbersome and makes you feel bogged down with details.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #45
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan95 View Post
It seems like most people here are into customization, but this is almost exactly what I wished the desktop version was. Clean and simple. Start up a new game in seconds. All your minor leaguers lumped together so you don't have to worry about multiple minor leagues. There are not a dozen setup screens to go through and adjust. Who cares about logo's, team names, facegen....it is all just cosmetics. I haven't finished a season yet, so I'll have to see how the offseason goes still, but the amateur draft was nice. I hope this is a big success and it saves me having to even consider buying the full desktop version!

I rated it 5 stars and highly recommend it for anyone who feels the desktop version is just way too cumbersome and makes you feel bogged down with details.
But you don't need to change logos, names or facegen in OOTP. If you want a watered down version of OOTP then that's cool but you can actually water down OOTP as well, you don't have to have multiple minors or multiple leagues and such. The big selling point of OOTP is you can customize it, you only have to look at the ammount of mods that have been invented for it to see that. The big selling point of iOOTP is you can play on the go without carrying a laptop around, they both have their parts to play in the OOTP brand.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #46
Cusefan95
Minors (Double A)

I also forgot to mention the most important thing, simming games is blazing fast. A huge plus.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #47
lgkeeper
All Star Starter

I am loving this so far, guys! About to take my iPad with me...OOTP will be on the road for the first time!!!
lgkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #48
ricomise
Bat Boy

Are park factors taken into account at all? It may be be they are not, due to memory considerations. Just wondered, as I played a game at Tropicana Field where the wind was blowing out at 11MPH!

Back in the Greg Vaugh-Vinny Castilla days, you might fing that kind of breeze generated after their t-bats, but not so much now inside the Trop...
ricomise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #49
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomise View Post
Are park factors taken into account at all? It may be be they are not, due to memory considerations. Just wondered, as I played a game at Tropicana Field where the wind was blowing out at 11MPH!

Back in the Greg Vaugh-Vinny Castilla days, you might fing that kind of breeze generated after their t-bats, but not so much now inside the Trop...
Park Factors are normally used in iOOTP (exactly like in OOTP). Wind is, as far as I know, not part of the ballpark factors. This would be a cosmetic bug.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #50
thekingofKC
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm only about a week or two into my first season, and it seems like there is a trade every single day. There's also been 3 fights that have resulted in suspensions. Is there anything that makes trades less frequent at the beginning of the year
thekingofKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #51
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofKC View Post
I'm only about a week or two into my first season, and it seems like there is a trade every single day. There's also been 3 fights that have resulted in suspensions. Is there anything that makes trades less frequent at the beginning of the year
Sorry, not at the moment. We might add this at option in one of the updates if we see a demand for that option.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #52
Libid21
All Star Reserve

How do I download logo updates
Old 05-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #53
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Been having a blast with it!

One weird thing: Austin Jackson a 10 in CF?! Really? Dude should be a 15 at LEAST.
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #54
AZ YEAR 1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan95 View Post

Many of us that play are pretty hardcore number crunchers and will just pour over all the stats. All the mods we get into are just a natural extension of that. I do see where it could seem overwhelming to the casual player though.
AZ YEAR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #55
djeller1139
Bat Boy

ONLY issue I've had is with contracts - I think the options should all be taken off to start (i.e. Barry Zito and Aubrey Huff, since I play with Giants). I guess it's fair that they be added as full years, but neither of these are going to be exercised, and many aren't depending on the player.

The only other issue is some contracts are wrong, the first I noticed was Pat Burrell who is signed for 2 years and 5mil per year. He signed for 1 year and 1 million this offseason.

Not sure if I can edit this, but it'd be good if the contracts could be edited/fixed at some point...

Otherwise it's been incredibly addicting...I just wish my iPhone had better battery life
djeller1139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #56
flanyboy5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeller1139 View Post
ONLY issue I've had is with contracts - I think the options should all be taken off to start (i.e. Barry Zito and Aubrey Huff, since I play with Giants). I guess it's fair that they be added as full years, but neither of these are going to be exercised, and many aren't depending on the player.

The only other issue is some contracts are wrong, the first I noticed was Pat Burrell who is signed for 2 years and 5mil per year. He signed for 1 year and 1 million this offseason.

Not sure if I can edit this, but it'd be good if the contracts could be edited/fixed at some point...

Otherwise it's been incredibly addicting...I just wish my iPhone had better battery life
Haven't had anything but great battery life so far with the game... as fara s contracts I thought the stock versions always had fictionalized contracts... I could be wrong on that...
flanyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote