Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Davis View Post
No sound?
Apparently the sound of excited farts was quashed by Apple.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #22
perfectDARK
Minors (Double A)

Wonderful game, I'll never be bored at work again

Minor complaint: you can't see your own pitchers pitch count while batting, which is inconvenient when you don't know whether to pinch hit for him.

In my sixth game Chris Young outdueled Roy Halladay for my first ever 1 hitter! His line: CG, 1 hit, 1 walk, 5k, 110 pitches. 1-3, double, 2 RBI, run

Mets 3- Phillies 0
Old 05-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #23
BrianN
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Love the game and agree with the pitching count. I'd love to be able to see how many pitches both pitchers have thrown without switching to batter/pitcher view all the time. I'm also used to seeing the count in the play-by-play; when you sim one at bat at a time, right now, in the game, you have no idea how long the at bats are going for, in terms of pitches.

Maybe I'm just light-sensitive, but does anyone think the transition from the field to the play-by-play dialogue screen is a bit bright? I wonder if gray or something less bright would be better on our eyes
BrianN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #24
Slumberland
Bat Boy

Really excited to have it. First text sim (pre-ordered 12 as well).

Is there any way to preview the upcoming batters when changing pitchers? I found myself making an uninformed decision regarding righty/lefty when coming back from an inning where I had pinch-hit for Pelfrey.
Slumberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #25
Exodor
Major Leagues

Loving it so far.

One thing I'd like to see - player status icons when setting lineups before the game. Without them I can't see who is tired or has a day-to-day injury without checking each player.
Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #26
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Now the 39th top app in the US store!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #27
Greeney03
Minors (Triple A)

So when you drafted a player, where does he go? Does this game have full minors roster and teams, but no stats and games?
Greeney03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #28
Graeme
Bat Boy

Personal opinion is, it's a great game.. but there are some flaws that hurt it badly.

Now, I'm a Tigers fan, have been for life.

In my game, the Tigers are 2-2 , with a Major League leading 14 home runs. This with opening the season with a 3 game series in New York and in the first game in Baltimore.

The entire MLB has 67 home runs.

There are some serious balance issues going on here.
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #29
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
Personal opinion is, it's a great game.. but there are some flaws that hurt it badly.

Now, I'm a Tigers fan, have been for life.

In my game, the Tigers are 2-2 , with a Major League leading 14 home runs. This with opening the season with a 3 game series in New York and in the first game in Baltimore.

The entire MLB has 67 home runs.

There are some serious balance issues going on here.
The default stats of OOTP MLB generally do give you lots of HRs... but you're complaining after *4* games.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #30
Graeme
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos View Post
The default stats of OOTP MLB generally do give you lots of HRs... but you're complaining after *4* games.
I'm complaining because I have an entire lineup of tigers who seem to hit 400ft shots.

Here are the rest of the MLB HR stats in this game: I'll just give numbers.
AL

2, 8 , 6 ,2 ,3
7, 3, 14 (DET) , 1 , 6
4, 2, 5, 4

NL
1, 6, 1, 3, 2

Now, I can understand smoothing effects, and statistics, and everything else.. but come on. How realistic is it for the Detroit Tigers, 4 games, away , to hit 14 home runs , STILL LOSE TWO, and be statistical outliers on the standard distribution.

I love my Tigers, I really do.. but come on. 4 games in and people like Ramon Santiago are hit 400 foot dingers while Austin Jackson is going for 477s and Victor Martinez is clearing the park?

In Detroit, we're used to a little bit of reality with regards to our Tigers. I'll let you know how the game goes after I finish out my pitching rotation , but still... this is pretty surprising stuff for me thus far.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #31
Donevyn
Major Leagues

New to iPad2 and now of course iOOTP. One question thus far, I bought one of those magnetic covers that you can role up for a stand of sorts. Deal is, iOOTP won't role to the direction this is done (i.e. where it's propped up to see. It's actually up side down from the prop up). I've looked around to see if there is some manual way to do this, or am I stuck just not using the cover for a prop up?

Thanks.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #32
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Most if not all of the posts are about MLB games, what about the fictional ? I'm a big fictional player as far as OOTP is concerned so 99% of the time if I did buy iOOTP then I'd be playing fictional. How much can I change ?

Can I change nicknames of teams ?
Can I change stadium names ?
Player names ?
Is it possible to have a league based in America with only American born players in it ?

Lastly if OOTP was a 10 for being able to customize what would you rate iOOTP ?
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #33
Greeney03
Minors (Triple A)

Can someone comment on Minor Leagues?

Does it have AAA, AA, A? I understand that you can't play games in the minors, but do they have stats? Do Minor League players has options, rule 5, etc? Thanks!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #34
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

Location: Somewhere, not sure where. Maybe nearby, maybe far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Most if not all of the posts are about MLB games, what about the fictional ? I'm a big fictional player as far as OOTP is concerned so 99% of the time if I did buy iOOTP then I'd be playing fictional. How much can I change ?

Can I change nicknames of teams ?
Can I change stadium names ?
Player names ?
Is it possible to have a league based in America with only American born players in it ?

Lastly if OOTP was a 10 for being able to customize what would you rate iOOTP ?
I think the answer to all of these questions CURRENTLY is no. However, I'm guessing some savvy members of the community (or even Sebastian or Markus) may come up with a way to customize a fictional league. It was something I asked for in beta and was told no due to memory and screen constraints on the iPhone. That is understandable, but a desktop tool would be nice that would allow us to customize a league and upload it to our iDevice.
Ryan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #35
Exodor
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney03 View Post
Can someone comment on Minor Leagues?

Does it have AAA, AA, A? I understand that you can't play games in the minors, but do they have stats? Do Minor League players has options, rule 5, etc? Thanks!
No separate levels of minor leagues, just a single minor league roster.

No minor league stats.

No options and I don't think it has Rule 5.
Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #36
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

Location: Somewhere, not sure where. Maybe nearby, maybe far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
I'm complaining because I have an entire lineup of tigers who seem to hit 400ft shots.

Here are the rest of the MLB HR stats in this game: I'll just give numbers.
AL

2, 8 , 6 ,2 ,3
7, 3, 14 (DET) , 1 , 6
4, 2, 5, 4

NL
1, 6, 1, 3, 2

Now, I can understand smoothing effects, and statistics, and everything else.. but come on. How realistic is it for the Detroit Tigers, 4 games, away , to hit 14 home runs , STILL LOSE TWO, and be statistical outliers on the standard distribution.

I love my Tigers, I really do.. but come on. 4 games in and people like Ramon Santiago are hit 400 foot dingers while Austin Jackson is going for 477s and Victor Martinez is clearing the park?

In Detroit, we're used to a little bit of reality with regards to our Tigers. I'll let you know how the game goes after I finish out my pitching rotation , but still... this is pretty surprising stuff for me thus far.
We're complaining after 4 games? Pretty small sample size. How was the wind those 4 games? My guess is, blowing out.

And don't read too much into the length of the home run. It's a randomly generated based on the parks that they are playing in.
Ryan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #37
Greeney03
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodor View Post
No separate levels of minor leagues, just a single minor league roster.

No minor league stats.

No options and I don't think it has Rule 5.
Thank you for your answer!

Hmm, I think I still want to get the game despite that for casual use. If they have options, rule 5, etc. I would skip OOTP 12 since I have 11.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #38
Graeme
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan W. View Post
We're complaining after 4 games? Pretty small sample size. How was the wind those 4 games? My guess is, blowing out.

And don't read too much into the length of the home run. It's a randomly generated based on the parks that they are playing in.
2 were blowing in.. one was blowing right to left, the other was blowing out.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #39
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan W. View Post
I think the answer to all of these questions CURRENTLY is no. However, I'm guessing some savvy members of the community (or even Sebastian or Markus) may come up with a way to customize a fictional league. It was something I asked for in beta and was told no due to memory and screen constraints on the iPhone. That is understandable, but a desktop tool would be nice that would allow us to customize a league and upload it to our iDevice.
Thanks Ryan, bit dissapointing to hear but I can understand the reason why.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #40
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
New to iPad2 and now of course iOOTP. One question thus far, I bought one of those magnetic covers that you can role up for a stand of sorts. Deal is, iOOTP won't role to the direction this is done (i.e. where it's propped up to see. It's actually up side down from the prop up). I've looked around to see if there is some manual way to do this, or am I stuck just not using the cover for a prop up?

Thanks.
That's something they have to program into the game.

I'd like it as well as when playing on my phone, the buttons are on the bottom.
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote