Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 03-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #61
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

This most certainly my favorite game app. on the market now.
I would also pay twice the price to have and play it. ( my train rides aren't drudgery they used to be...)
Old 03-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #62
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

That said, I know being a game app. prices really can't be raised that much. So whatever you need to do with other projects to help float iOOTP, I'll understand with a little patience.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #63
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

I easily got my money's worth with my first two replays (reds and phillies )+ the chance to give my hometown( honolulu) an mlb team... Keep up the great work
Sebastian and ootp crew!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:45 AM   #64
asado
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Smile iootp

I agree with are Revcarte about his comments .We paying $5 a year for an update.

Whether it is worth to update and buy depends what new features it includes.The game is good ( not as good as OOTP) and it has been enjoyable

I played close to 50 seasons from 1961 MLB season . Fortunately I am to make trades I want by workarounds and also adjusting the seasons BA and pitching by manipulating non compiled databases in iOOTP.

I have been able to recover from major programming issues and glitches with iOOTP without requesting iOOTP technical support

The other option is to get a tablet PC and export OOTP to the tablet PC and get all the features which iOOTP lacks and then export back to PC

I appreciate Sebastian efforts to make this a good game but from its comments it is inferred that the developers are more interested in developing PC and Mac desktop versions since it obviously brings in more revenue.

It is a honest statement by Sebastian and I appreciate it

Obviously their interest in expanding iOOTP and adding new features is going to be limited based on lack of significant revenue generation and they will be working on another PC and Mac Game in future (football)

I do not expect there will be many significant changes with the iOOTP 2014 but I am opened to new surprises they might add.

When it comes out I will make a decision to buy it or not.

I will just be skeptical about their statements in future about updates and added new features until it is finally released
asado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #65
BradC
All Star Starter

The new features in iOOTP 2014 will be comparable to what we announced last year. While OOTP does bring in more revenue than iOOTP, we see iOOTP as a "gateway game" to the bigger one. iOOTP actually sells more copies than OOTP does, so we've seen a bit of a halo effect as people get introduced to a basic baseball management game in iOOTP and then step up to the more complicated version.

Also, neither Sebastian nor Markus are working on the football game (that's Francis Cole's project), so it won't impact iOOTP nor OOTP (nor FHM). Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #66
asado
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the reply

I appreciate an answer on this
If it is a gateway to OOTP why do you not make exportable from iOOTP and back. For example if new customer who started to play iOOTP and now wants to purchase OOTP and has played many seasons he would have to start again a new league He cannot use the saved game league in iOOTP and transfer it to OOTP baseball to play it.

This is a disincentive to purchase OOTP
If you want to significantly increase revenue into OOTP purchases making it exportable back and forth from ipad to pc or mac and back to ipad would be a strong incentive for users to buy

If you can export it to OOTP and then import back to ipad people can customize some of the changes they want in ipad iOOTP via OOTP
asado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #67
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
...While OOTP does bring in more revenue than iOOTP, we see iOOTP as a "gateway game" to the bigger one.
Just speaking for myself, I owned OOTP before iOOTP. But now, I play iOOTP multiple times a day. I haven't played OOTP for over a year (maybe two or more), even though I bought OOTP14. The reason? For me, iOOTP is what I need where I need it. I play when I'm waiting for something. If I'm sitting at a computer, I typically have more than enough other things that I should be doing instead.

Then, you may ask, why did I bother buying OOTP14? It's because I want to support this great company (I bought the hockey game too ... never played it but maybe I will someday). Consider it a donation that I might get more benefit from someday.

Life is very busy. iOOTP is my (almost) perfect antidote to the stresses of everyday life. Now, just fix the problem with confirming in-game substitutions ...
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 PM   #68
BradC
All Star Starter

Yes, iOOTP is a nice on-the-go solution for people who are busy. It's much less of a time suck than OOTP is, and I have to admit I play it much more than OOTP myself. That in-game substitution problem should be fixed in this year's version.

RE moving leagues between the game: That's impossible because iOS works very differently from the Windows and OS X platforms. Also, the games are so different that I don't see how it would be possible to move a league from one to the other, since OOTP is much deeper with financials, full minor leagues, etc. There's simply no way to make that happen.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #69
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
The new features in iOOTP 2014 will be comparable to what we announced last year. While OOTP does bring in more revenue than iOOTP, we see iOOTP as a "gateway game" to the bigger one. iOOTP actually sells more copies than OOTP does, so we've seen a bit of a halo effect as people get introduced to a basic baseball management game in iOOTP and then step up to the more complicated version.

Also, neither Sebastian nor Markus are working on the football game (that's Francis Cole's project), so it won't impact iOOTP nor OOTP (nor FHM). Thanks.
Will there be a player editor?
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #70
ms2002
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes, iOOTP is a nice on-the-go solution for people who are busy. It's much less of a time suck than OOTP is, and I have to admit I play it much more than OOTP myself. That in-game substitution problem should be fixed in this year's version.

RE moving leagues between the game: That's impossible because iOS works very differently from the Windows and OS X platforms. Also, the games are so different that I don't see how it would be possible to move a league from one to the other, since OOTP is much deeper with financials, full minor leagues, etc. There's simply no way to make that happen.
The idea I've always had re: integration between iOOTP and OOTP is to only be able to start a league in iOOTP. You'd then be able to export the league file into the cloud storage and import into OOTP. Therefore, the league structure would be simplified in OOTP (maybe an iOOTP specific compatible mode where you can't edit certain things) and then you would be able to import/export between the two.

Probably dreaming a bit here, but it doesn't seem too far-fetched. I know I'd love to be able to do that, since I only really have time for iOOTP these days but would love to be able to dive deeper into the leagues by importing occasionally into OOTP.
ms2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #71
thevat
Minors (Double A)

I don't post much anymore; but just came to check on updates for this software and saw Sebastian's post. I really appreciate the honesty and candor in it; thank you! I'm sorry that the project didn't work out as you anticipated, but I have tremendously enjoyed it over the past year.

I'd be perfectly content to continue to play the game if I could somehow have edit capabilities or community downloads.
thevat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #72
lgkeeper
All Star Starter

I honestly don't understand how the game is only $5. I tell every baseball fan I know it's an absolute must-purchase
lgkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:04 AM   #73
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

I think most wouldn't pay more than 5.00 for an app. they hadn't played yet...
There's the rub.
Most can't see the value until after they've played it a bit.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:20 AM   #74
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

So if a suped up version were offered at a higher price for old timers, that would be great. Though the sales no#s might not warrant the extra work time put in.