Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #1
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

End Of An Era

After 21 seasons of exceptional play at 1B, I am retiring my starter pack gold, 1B Corey Seager (the 89 OVR, 2017 All-Star variant).

We shall find out soon once the season ends if he will finish his career by winning his 20th consecutive Great Glove at 1B (only losing it in season 1 when he was training up to play the position). He won once in Bronze, once in Silver, twice in Gold, 8 times at Diamond (hopefully about to increase to 9), and 7 times at Perfect. Buddy Bell will shift from 2B to 1B now to carry on the tradition of defensive excellence.

I'd love to hear about similar dominant performances from other teams

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #2
joehart
All Star Starter

Wow...very cool accomplishment. What is his career ZR? Or average /year?

I used Carlos Correa (93 card) for a while and won some golden gloves but not nearly as many. He could not sustain getting them after he became a platoon/defensive replacement.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:25 AM   #3
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

LOL

I'm running George Sisler on two of my teams at first, and a platoon of Carew and 86 Goldschmidt on the other. No gold gloves coming my way at first... that's a very cool accomplishment. Nice work!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:40 AM   #4
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

For those interested in such things, Seager won his 20th Great Glove at 1B. His replacement Bell also won it at 2B. Not to be outdone, Paul Blair also brought home the hardware for CF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Wow...very cool accomplishment. What is his career ZR? Or average /year?

I used Carlos Correa (93 card) for a while and won some golden gloves but not nearly as many. He could not sustain getting them after he became a platoon/defensive replacement.
With how historic ZR ratings get constantly recomputed, I'm not entirely sure I trust it. However, looking back over his career in the field, he did fairly well. His best year was 2031 in Diamond where he had a ZR of +8.6 and committed only 1 error in 1493 total chances.

Ironically enough, he shows as having 2 separate seasons with a negative ZR. I don't remember this ever being the case, which means I either overlooked it or it was adjusted down from where he actually finished that season. Those 2 low ZRs occurred in the 2 years where he committed the most errors... 11 errors in 2036 in Diamond with a ZR of -1.3, and 10 errors in 2029 in Perfect with a ZR of -2.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
LOL

I'm running George Sisler on two of my teams at first, and a platoon of Carew and 86 Goldschmidt on the other. No gold gloves coming my way at first... that's a very cool accomplishment. Nice work!
You might not get any awards for their defense, but I would absolutely trade out defense for Sisler. Such a great card... I was just doing some research on him for 20 where I'm running an All-Browns/Senators/Expos theme team, and as best as I can tell, he has no cards over there. My guess is they're saving him for a certain specific content release.

Corey Seager has been an amazing player, and his defensive acumen has been a revelation. I would love to see just how long this streak could continue. Unfortunately, if I ever hope to compete in the upper levels of PT, I must move on from him. He just doesn't bring enough bat to a position where defense is a luxury. I'll miss being able to count on the 250 points each season, but its time.

Primary Team

Old 07-07-2019, 11:56 PM   #5
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

KleineBiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
A much shorter streak but on my Knights team I had Harmon Killebrew won four straight HR titles between Iron and Bronze.
Considering new leagues and lots of high power players every year along with PT notorious player variance I thought that was pretty cool.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:58 PM   #7
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
After 21 seasons of exceptional play at 1B, I am retiring my starter pack gold, 1B Corey Seager (the 89 OVR, 2017 All-Star variant).

We shall find out soon once the season ends if he will finish his career by winning his 20th consecutive Great Glove at 1B (only losing it in season 1 when he was training up to play the position). He won once in Bronze, once in Silver, twice in Gold, 8 times at Diamond (hopefully about to increase to 9), and 7 times at Perfect. Buddy Bell will shift from 2B to 1B now to carry on the tradition of defensive excellence.

I'd love to hear about similar dominant performances from other teams
Interesting to put a SS at 1b.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:30 AM   #8
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Interesting to put a SS at 1b.
With his defensive ratings, I certainly wasn't about to play him at SS. And being 6'3" certainly helped.

In related news, I finally traded out my final legacy player from my starter pack. I now own the best Pete Alexander, which has pushed the 88 OVR Dizzy Dean to the bullpen. Robert Stock, you are now on my reserve roster, but thank you so very much for outperforming your overall rating by miles.

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 07-23-2019 at 02:32 AM.