Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-13-2020, 01:04 PM   #1
alextheokay
Bat Boy

Progressing from Major Junior

Hi folks, I started a save with Cape Breton in the QMJHL when I first started the game. I'm wondering how long it would typically take to get your reputation to a point where pro teams may offer a deal?

I'm playing as a GM only and have been pretty ridiculously successful. I'm in the year 2027, I've won 4 QMJHL championships, 1 Memorial Cup, lost the Mem Cup final twice, and had 7 winning seasons out of 8. In fact, this year I am 36-0 at new year.

Despite this, my rep is still "known locally" and I have never received an offer from another club team at all. It is now so easy to roll the league every year that the game is no longer fun.

Is this typical for long junior saves? Should I bother continuing this save in hopes of a new challenge? Or do I need to just abandon it?
alextheokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

If you're starting from the basic reputation, it takes some time to get a job at a higher tier. Keep in mind CHL jobs are considered fairly high on the list (especially if you're wanting to go to the NHL), and there's only 31 jobs in the entire league.

You will get offers eventually if you continue to play and improve your stats, or you could take a more risky route, resigning from your job and see what comes eventually as well. You could however sim through a few years before you get another offer.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:24 PM   #3
alextheokay
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
If you're starting from the basic reputation, it takes some time to get a job at a higher tier. Keep in mind CHL jobs are considered fairly high on the list (especially if you're wanting to go to the NHL), and there's only 31 jobs in the entire league.

You will get offers eventually if you continue to play and improve your stats, or you could take a more risky route, resigning from your job and see what comes eventually as well. You could however sim through a few years before you get another offer.
This makes sense, it just seems like Junior gets extremely easy very quickly. I'm new to the game (and don't get me wrong I've really enjoyed it), is this a common complaint/criticism?
alextheokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:35 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextheokay View Post
This makes sense, it just seems like Junior gets extremely easy very quickly. I'm new to the game (and don't get me wrong I've really enjoyed it), is this a common complaint/criticism?
Every play through can be different, so no, it's not something we hear a lot. It would be incorrect to say we haven't heard it before, but there are options you can choose and change to customize how you play too (such as leaving Challenge Mode and just taking over a different team).
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:01 AM   #5
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I started a challenge mode save taking whatever job I got offered and ended up going to France my first year, won the championship with the Rouen Dragons to get that achievement, then got offered a job with the Kelowna Rockets immediately that off-season. Sometimes you just get lucky getting jobs to higher leagues right away, other times it might take a while. I think I've also had AHL job offers typically but never reached a point of an NHL job in the past.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:10 PM   #6
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

when hiring a HC what do you look for when hiring a head coach for your club when it comes to major junior
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:43 PM   #7
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Don't sign a new contract when yours expires

I wondered this with FHM5 and found that if I got to July 1 that I would get offers for pro teams
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote