Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #41
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMLBCommish View Post
Shouldn't you still be trying to get back into the Majors?
Hey, he'd be the second starter on the Phillies even right now. :P
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #42
Pike
Minors (Single A)

LOL, yeah I get mistaken for the goat-man all the time.

It was a thrill though when he signed with the Red Sox. I have the jersey still. In a nerdy kind of way, it was really neat to hear the guys on the radio talk about Boston pitcher Matt Clement.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #43
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Jeesh,what a mess.I feel for you guys,I really do.Hopefully SF isn't as bad as they seem and things work out without the need for litigation.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #44
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

This whole deal is like the iPhone, they release it at $400 few months later it's half price and the people who paid 4 hundy are pissed. At first I was mad about the price drop but now I'm happy I paid extra for a solid version and not a unsupported version, I would rather give my money to Markus who put his heart and soul into the game than Bill "Spaceman" Lee who just threw his name onto the game and did some dumb video and is now cashing in on Markus' hard work.

Does the SF version come with the MLB start up or built in downloads? If not then it's worth the extra $10 just for those features.
chezboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #45
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxNCa View Post
With all the conflicts they've had I'm surprised I hadn't heard of them before. Thanks for the link.

With their history is Markus really surprised they slashed the price? I don't know why anyone would want to get involved with them.
Well, their known conflicts were under their former ownership. The reason for our deal with them was simple, we wanted to get the game in retail which is what they promised to do, in a nice way.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 07-02-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:35 AM   #46
Pike
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, their known conflicts were under their former ownership. The reason for our deal with them was simple, we wanted to get the game in retail which is what they promised to do, in a nice way.
Looks like the new ownership is taking the same tact as the old, unfortunately.

In any case, Markus thank you again for your PM. I hope this is resolved quickly. Until then, I'll certainly be telling folks to stay away from this SF version of the game.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #47
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
My experience: Someone who doesn't want to bear the sins of the past regime wouldn't use the same name and keep the same reputation. You can't change a tiger's stripes.

The Man Behind eMLB - https://atl-02.statsplus.net/emlb/re..._150_home.html

Proud OOTP Affiliate Streamer
Proud Twitch Partner (Partnered 3/15/22)
eMLBCommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #48
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
New ownership doesn't necessarily mean new policies. I think I would have had to find something telling me how they operate differently now with evidence to support it before I even considered doing business with them.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #49
Ryan S
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Guys, there are a lot of assumptions going on above about what will or won't happen, and who is or isn't "in the right." There's no point in getting riled up talking about what is supported or not supported right now.
If OOTP entered into any kind of contract with Strategy First, then decided not to support paying customers because of a disagreement with the company, it is pretty clear that OOTP is in the wrong.

As it stands, paying customers are suffering because of a fight between two companies, and those customers have every right to be annoyed.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #50
Andreas Raht
Administrator

There is no fight at all, and the technical problems will be resolved. Next week we'll release a patch for the Strategy First version!
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #51
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
There is no fight at all, and the technical problems will be resolved. Next week we'll release a patch for the Strategy First version!
So,how was your vacation? LOL
Old 07-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #52
Pike
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
If OOTP entered into any kind of contract with Strategy First, then decided not to support paying customers because of a disagreement with the company, it is pretty clear that OOTP is in the wrong.

As it stands, paying customers are suffering because of a fight between two companies, and those customers have every right to be annoyed.
I don't want to be one of those folks who complains, is taken care of, then never is heard from again.

So.....

Yes, as someone caught in this situation, I was annoyed.

But I have to say that Markus got back to me, gave me a solution and all is well.

I think it comes down to Markus having selected a bad partner to work with.

Its a crappy situation, but in the end I can only say that the OOTP folks have made good on their promise to work things out, at least from my perspective.

So thanks, guys.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #53
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I had no doubt Markus would make it right. He's that kind of guy. That's why so many of us have remained loyal to him over the years. He (and his boys) have no interest in ripping anybody off. They're out to earn an honest buck (or euro).
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #54
battists
Hall Of Famer

Just to be clear, despite what is on some Wikipedia page, there's no one here saying there's a bad business partner or anything. There's a miscommunication that is being worked out, and we're confident we'll be able to post a clarifying statement about the whole thing some time soon! (There are a few people on vacation, so I can't promise when it will be!)
Old 07-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #55
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I had no doubt Markus would make it right. He's that kind of guy. That's why so many of us have remained loyal to him over the years. He (and his boys) have no interest in ripping anybody off. They're out to earn an honest buck (or euro).

I agree Markus has always been fair and honest.....
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #56
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate View Post
I agree Markus has always been fair and honest.....
True, and if I get the gist of this thread, and with all due respect to Pike, I'm with OFG on this non-issue.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #57
EagleEye_0
All Star Starter

Sounds great, I knew you guys would work this out. And I look forward to getting the new patch and really starting to play the game!
EagleEye_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #58
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb

We have settled the issues and the patch for the Strategy First version of OOTP will be available shortly on their site!

Cheers,
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #59
EagleEye_0
All Star Starter

Excellent, thanks Markus and Co.
EagleEye_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #60
fluffone
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Pricing issue

I know it's not this website,but for any thinking of the Strategy first edition,it's showing up on their website as 79.99 with a 40.00 discount not the 19.99 originally mentioned. If they don't fix the pricing,might as well buy it directly from OOTP
fluffone is offline   Reply With Quote