Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-21-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
skep
Minors (Double A)

Tournament discussion

I really like how the developers changed the cap tournaments.

Some changes I'd like to see right off -

Iron Dailies!

Increase the Bronze dailies to 128 players and increase prizes accordingly.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
I really like how the developers changed the cap tournaments.
I do not.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
Barmy Fungy-Phipps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Absolutely agree on Iron and Bronze. Those are also a great way for new players to test the waters, figure out fun teams, and still have a chance at getting some rewards.

I like the changes and variety of the cap tournaments (although I'd like to see more tournaments with lower caps), and expanding rewards out to as many as 8 teams in the bigger tournaments is a welcome change.
Barmy Fungy-Phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:41 PM   #4
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

I'm new,

Is there a max to how many tournaments you can play in a day, and is there a cost to entering tournaments?
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #5
skep
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18 View Post
I'm new,

Is there a max to how many tournaments you can play in a day, and is there a cost to entering tournaments?
No limit to tournaments per day. No cost to enter. There is a limit of three tournaments entered at once though.

On that note, please to give more tournament slots!

Old 03-21-2020, 08:32 PM   #6
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Must say that is a huge win for these guys, I've been pretty big into MUT and Diamond Dynasty and there is always a cost to enter anything which i such a deterrent if you are trying not to spend much.

This mode is so much fun/competitive that I will probably barely touch the main game which is a shame cause they did such a good job this year.
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:08 PM   #7
skep
Minors (Double A)

Increase the Saturday Iron Warriors tournament to 128 players and increase the prizes!

Old 03-21-2020, 11:55 PM   #8
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Just won the daily bronze with one of my F2P teams, 10 packs, all I got out of it was 3 silvers, one of which was a relief pitcher who's not as good as the bronze ones I have. My best starting pitcher is a 68 OVR, and my 5th starter is still an iron level player.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #9
skep
Minors (Double A)

The Saturday Iron Warriors is gonna fill up with 5 days to go. This tournament can support 128 players, especially if the prizes looked something like this...

1st 25 Reg Packs
2nd 15 Reg Packs
3rd-4th 10 Reg Packs
5th-8th 5 Reg Packs

Old 03-24-2020, 12:15 PM   #10
skep
Minors (Double A)

It hurts seeing the bronze dailies fill up 12+ hours before they start. I really want to play them, but the slot is too valuable to lock up for that long for that payout. Please please please more tournament slots? Bumping it to 128 players and upgrading the prizes would also fix the issue.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:16 PM   #11
chazzycat
All Star Starter

personally I would be against increasing the tournament limit. For those of us who still have to go to their day jobs, it's already a massive, massive disadvantage not being able to join tourneys all day.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:59 PM   #12
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
personally I would be against increasing the tournament limit. For those of us who still have to go to their day jobs, it's already a massive, massive disadvantage not being able to join tourneys all day.

Agree. I have a stay at home job as a software developer, so I do have the advantage of occasionally checking in on my home computer and re-enlisting in tournaments. But any more than 3 feels like that would be too much of an advantage, at least for now. Maybe after September or October it would make sense to expand the tourney slots to 4 or 5 then because the value of a pack/PP rewards are diminished due to the stockpiles most of us will have later on.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:21 PM   #13
skep
Minors (Double A)

Some people have excess cash, some people have excess time. If you have neither, you're simply going to be at a disadvantage in a game like this. If you have both, you're going to be at an advantage. It is what it is, but the goal should be to make the game as fun as possible for as many people as possible to increase the money being put into (and spent on development of) this game. In my view, you achieve this by letting the tournament ecosystem grow.

I would increase the limit to 5. Alternatively, you could have the limit of 3 only apply to quick tournaments. I don't see any reason to limit participation in daily/weekly/monthly tournaments at all, you should be looking to grow those events. As it is, I'm now not playing the daily bronzes because they fill up way too early and the tournament slot is too valuable to spend on it. It just seems like an area where the userbase is unnecessarily limited on the amount of fun they can have.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:52 PM   #14
Grizzlegom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Are these tourneys just completely random or what? I can't really seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong...I lose in the first round every.single.time.

For example, I always join an iron and I have a full lineup and rotation of 59s and my whole bullpen is 55+. I've been checking the teams that are winning and they often have a lot of the same players (Cole Irvin, Touki, IKF, Mercado, Kingery, etc). I've tried changing up the batting order and going hard into L/R platoons and changing the overall team strats but I'm bounced in the first round every time. Am I just unlucky or is there a real deep strat that I'm just missing?
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:00 PM   #15
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Are these tourneys just completely random or what? I can't really seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong...I lose in the first round every.single.time.

For example, I always join an iron and I have a full lineup and rotation of 59s and my whole bullpen is 55+. I've been checking the teams that are winning and they often have a lot of the same players (Cole Irvin, Touki, IKF, Mercado, Kingery, etc). I've tried changing up the batting order and going hard into L/R platoons and changing the overall team strats but I'm bounced in the first round every time. Am I just unlucky or is there a real deep strat that I'm just missing?

Go take a look at the winners roster and see who they are using. I have my own ideas but sometimes I spot a player I'd really like to add. Then off to the AH to look.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #16
WheelsPrime
Bat Boy

Is anyone tracking the performance of their cards between different tournaments and if so how are you doing it?
WheelsPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #17
chazzycat
All Star Starter

it's a bit of a pain. you have to go to each tournament individually, export the data from "player search", then combine everything together.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:40 PM   #18
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

I've recorded 31 tournaments and I lost in the first round 16 times and won twice for 8 packs and 600 points. You just have to keep grinding. There is no way to dominate iron.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:11 PM   #19
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
There is no way to dominate iron.
You down with RNG? Yeah, you know me!

Seriously though, small sample sizes in any and all tournaments are so small that RNG will always be present. Metas will come about to diminish their effects, but RNG cannot and will not be completely mitigated and eliminated.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:45 PM   #20
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
You down with RNG? Yeah, you know me!

Seriously though, small sample sizes in any and all tournaments are so small that RNG will always be present. Metas will come about to diminish their effects, but RNG cannot and will not be completely mitigated and eliminated.

It better not be or the game would be worthless to play. Just like real sports.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote