Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
jcikal
Bat Boy

Empty Roster-Fill with players from csv file

Is it possible to first export players to Excel and then import just those players I want back into the game?

I have 30 empty teams without any players and want to fill each with different players but I want to pick them from all eras (1800s thru 2010s). I know which players I want on each team but don't know how to get them into the team I want them in.
jcikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
tomnov
Minors (Double A)

Goto the Major League Baseball Transaction page, one of the tabs (draft pool, find a player, free agents) that has the Actions... dropdown on it. Choose "Import Historical Players"
if you haven't set where your database is, you'll first have a box asking you to select the historical_database.odb.
This should be located in the default .../data/stats folder for the game, unless you did a custom install. If you're using a defaul installt, the file list will already contain that filename. Click on that and a new dialog box will come up, as in the attached photo.
Your best method to bulk import the players you want is to create a text file, comma delimited, in the format:
text file format: LahmanID,year,destination team,
You can get the info you need from baseball-reference.com. When you look up a player there and goto his player page, the LahmanID number is the portion after the last "/" (forward slash) before the ".shtml".
You will want to select an appropriate year based on his performance, or the year he was introduced to the majors, depending on your preference.
If you already know which year you want to use, or are using his introduction year, you can use the file Master.csv in the same folder (.../data/stats) that the historical_database.odb file was located in. It will open in a text editor, or in Excel as a spreadsheet. DON'T MAKE CHANGES TO THIS FILE, I'm pretty sure the game uses it.
Create your text file, in the above format, one player per line & save it when finished.
Tnen in the Historical Player Import Options box, click the button that says "Click here to select file", and find the file you saved with all the id's. Change any of the settings boxes as you want them, and then finish the import.
You should have the players you need on the teams you assigned them to.
Attached Images
tomnov is offline   Reply With Quote