Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 07-21-2021, 06:05 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

EC's South Island League

This is probably the final dynasty league I will post... The South Island League is just a small league with the South Island Supreme League and the South Island Secondary League... I will promote one team each year from the SI Secondary League and relegate (demote) one team each year from the SI Supreme League.

Just a 10-game schedule... Sunday afternoon games for 10 weeks, April to June... no playoffs.
This will be a league I can totally become immersed in... I will play out all the games... the graphics are very well done... most of the teams were chosen because the logos, jerseys and caps were top quality and had good contrast and designs that show up well in the game... most of them were created by the best graphics gurus on the OOTP Mods Forum... special thanks to low, txranger, knuckler, DreamTeams, Lawn Loaf and Rainier 1... I think they did almost all of the team graphics.

I think good graphics are 50% of the game's enjoyment... playing the games is the other 50%.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 07:10 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:11 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way
La la la la
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days
(Songwriters: Boris Fomin and Gene Raskin)

Listen to the song here by Robert Goulet... it was a #1 Song for Mary Hopkin produced by Paul McCartney in 1968... I am an old retired disc jockey and prefer Goulet's version... it has a better feel of getting together with old friends and celebrating the good old days than Mary Hopkin's version... there is a joy in the song about the good old days, but there is also sadness, that times have changed, people have gone their own way, and the good old days will never be again... actually, we shouldn't live in the past... today is the best time of your life and you should celebrate it no matter what life has given you... today is a day our Creator has made... regardless of our circumstances, we all should rejoice and be glad in it... today is the first day of the rest of our lives... let's rejoice and enjoy it.

I still miss the good old days, my friend... but they are gone forever... but like the song it can be brought back for a short time... the familiar laughter in the last verse means we can still get together and reminisce and enjoy each other's company for old times' sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozwOqIMAPxk

Ah, the good old golden days of 1955... sadly for most of us they did end... but the good old days still live on the pristine white beaches of South Island, situated on the beautiful blue waters of Terrebonne Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.

South Island is a little place that time has forgotten and the the passing decades cannot improve... where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking and can hit a curve ball... and all the kids are above average... it's a wonderful place to enjoy life and raise a family... and it's the home of the South Island League.

Keeler Garrison is the South Island League organizer... he and all of his high school buddies made sure the good old days of yore would live on... baseball was their great love... they had played it together on the sandlots and playgrounds of South Island, in grammar school, junior high and high school... some of them went on to go to college where most of them weren't good enough to play... returning home to South Island and family and friends, they needed something to do to fill the long, hot days of summer... they decided to do it with the South Island Recreation League.

1955 is the inaugural season the South Island League.

There are 12 small towns on the Island... Garrison proposed a recreational baseball league with one team in each town... every Sunday afternoon the old-timers would go at it again on the diamond just for the sheer fun and joy of playing the great American Pastime... not for money, not for the old high school, but just purely for the love of the game... old school rivalries would be revived, relived and refought again... there would be two leagues, the South Island Supreme League and South Island Secondary League, with six teams each and a 10-game schedule... each season at the end of play, the bottom team in the Supreme League would be demoted or relegated to the Secondary League and the best team in the Secondary League would be promoted to the Supreme League... I know I should pick better names for the two leagues, something that indicated the premier league and the secondary league, but that would have meant I would need new league logos, and to be honest, I am tired of trying to get graphics done... so I just used what I found on the OOTP Mods Forum for the 12 teams.. it has gotten really hard to get anyone to do graphics anymore... but I found some very good ones and they are mighty darn good... txranger did the gorgeous Supreme League logo and I did the Secondary League logo... I got lucky with the Secondary League logo and it came out fairly well, too.

(Special thanks to Garrison Keiller and the Prairie Home Companion for some great lines that I stole from them)
Old 07-21-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The History of South Island

It is thought that South Island had its first inhabitants around the year 1000... the Sawani Indians settled the area... "Sawani" means "fierce people"... and they were described by historians and researchers as war-like people... the Sawani were resistant to colonization and savagely attacked any explorers who came into their territory... the Sawani were fishermen, they did not farm... they used shells on the island for utensils, jewelry, tools and weapons... by the 1800s most of the Sawani had died out... many were lost in warfare, some sold as slaves, while others died of diseases such as smallpox, measles and malaria.

According to local folklore, pirates supplanted the Sawani tribe... in the early 1800s the island was named Captiva by a pirate captain Jose Gasparillo... he was notorious for holding women prisoners for ransom... with Captiva as their headquarters, the buccaneers and privateers became gun runners and blockade runners and thrived until the end of the Civil War... in the 1870s, Captiva was abandoned and uninhabited... a malaria epidemic decimated the island and its people.

In 1888, an Austrian by the name of Axel Stordahl was on a German freighter headed for New Orleans... the ship wrecked off the coast of Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico and he washed up on the shores of Captiva... history tells us that Stordahl "survived for several weeks on what the unoccupied island had to offer, built a makeshift raft and got himself to the mainland and New Orleans"... in 1890 Stordahl became a naturalized US citizen and was allowed to homestead on Captiva... he was its only inhabitant for 10 years... beginning in 1900 Stordahl began to develop the island and changed its name to South Island... he felt a name change would be a good public relations ploy... on the mainland Captiva was known as a deadly place for malaria.

South Island is an isolated area located in the middle of Little Lake, about 75 miles southwest of New Orleans... Just a short ferry ride from Leesville, the closest mainland town on Highway 1, which is the main road northward... Stordahl wanted South Island to be a special community with planned townships and restricted development... no large factories or plants are permitted... he set in place strictly-enforced building codes... the towns today still look pretty much like they did in Stordahl's time... South Island is highly restricted when it comes architecture... the housing codes are severe in nature... architecture styles are from the early 1920s... development is nil... there is a feeling that time has stood still since then... and it has.

The Island, as it is called by its inhabitants, is a special place with blue waters filled with sailboats and wonderful pristine white beaches to frolic on to your heart's content... you can play in the sand, ride a bike, devour ice cream, indulge in delicious seafood and all at the same time enjoy the lovely ladies in their itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikinis... or perhaps go to a ballgame, sing the national anthem, buy you some peanuts or Crackerjacks, a coke and a hot dog, sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"... then repeat every Sunday afternoon... life is good on the Island.

Life travels at a different pace on South Island... no cars are permitted... just bicycles to get around... in town all your needs are close by and within walking distance... the Island also has a highly-efficient public train system that runs between the 12 towns... the trains are quite busy every Sunday as the fans and teams travel to and from the games.

Stordahl himself planned each one of the towns... small cottages that were affordable, quite comfortable and durable, that needed little upkeep... Stordahl designed his "hurricane" house... a block house that could withstand a strong hurricane... he wanted South Island to be a picturesque retirement destination... and it began to flourish in the early part of the 1920s... Stordahl died in his 80s a very rich man in 1942.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:18 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Map of South Island
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2021, 06:24 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

There are two new towns... Delta and Braxton... both towns and the team graphics were graciously given to me by DreamTeams... they were in his wonderful Metro League.

DreamTeams' great league inspired me to create my dynasty leagues... the Islandian Pro Alliance and the South Island League.

Dark Horse and his buddies in the great Laseron Baseball Association also were a great source of inspiration, too.

Many thanks to DreamTeams, Dark Horse, Goody and Portlander for creating two of the finest Dynasty Leagues on the OOTP Dynasty Forum.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:37 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Supreme League Primary Logos
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:44 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Supreme League Primary Logos
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Secondary League Primary Logos
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:57 PM   #9
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Secondary League Primary Logos *
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:13 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Supreme League Secondary Logos
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:21 PM   #11
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Supreme League Secondary Logos *
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 07-21-2021, 07:24 PM   #12
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Secondary League Secondary Logos
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:26 PM   #13
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Secondary League Secondary Logos *
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-21-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:40 AM   #14
jg2977
Hall Of Famer

Very nice logos, this looks intriguing! I'm looking forward to following this.
jg2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:10 PM   #15
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg2977 View Post
Very nice logos, this looks intriguing! I'm looking forward to following this.

Thanks, jg2977... much appreciate your support and comments.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:15 PM   #16
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Supreme League
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 07-22-2021, 10:18 PM   #17
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Supreme League
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 07-22-2021, 10:20 PM   #18
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

South Island Secondary League
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 07-22-2021, 10:24 PM   #19
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

*South Island Secondary League*
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 07-23-2021, 06:30 PM   #20
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Note for new viewers:
EC was a disc jockey for 32 years... retired in 2002 to enjoy life, sports, movies and music... that's the story of my life.
Throughout each year of the South Island League, I will post an update on my life and also post real life history in the US... you will know what going on in my life and also what's happening in real life.
But the primary purpose of this dynasty report is the South Island League.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-23-2021 at 06:50 PM.