Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #461
dragon29
Minors (Triple A)

Hi IceTea,

It doesnt necessarily need to be a THROWBACK MONDAY project, but I was wondering if you could take a look at Marco Antonio Barrera as a JWW (and/or LW where he also competed). The older Barrera, who fought his last 4 fights at those weights, including the Khan fight. I was thinking that a heavier, more seasoned MAB would make a great matchup vs the jww morales, the khan replay, marquez, pacquaio at heavier weights, etc. Thanks, IceTea!
dragon29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #462
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Willie Davies is a guy that should be in the pool.

I took a stab and came out with an 8 rating at Fly & a 6 at Bantam.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #463
Roco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Do suggestions made here get added to the offical database?
Roco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #464
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco View Post
Do suggestions made here get added to the offical database?
Sometimes, if you go through that Miscellaneous thread you'll probably find several fighters you're looking for. The search engine doesn't always work, but try that first and a lot of guys will pop up from various threads in the mod section.

Last edited by PWillisTheMan; 03-13-2013 at 10:41 AM.
PWillisTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #465
Roco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks

Does anyone not put them in the updates within the game? So that when I update from the pool they automatically go onto my game?
Roco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #466
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco View Post
Thanks

Does anyone not put them in the updates within the game? So that when I update from the pool they automatically go onto my game?
I'm not 100% certain as to what you're asking, but if it is whether or not fighters rated by the forum members in the Mods section are automatically added to the official data pool, the answer would be no.

I'm not exactly certain as to what criterion are used as far as which fighters are included and which are excluded when the official pool is updated. For five years, I've been asking why the original Battling Torres (late 50s/early 60s) isn't in the official pool while many a lesser boxer is so honored...but he's rated in the Mods section, so if someone wants him, he's there!

The best approach for you is what PWillis has suggested...but remember it's TBCB Mods thread where you'll find boxers who aren't in the official data pool.

Also, you'll see that the Mods thread will contain revised or alternative ratings of specific boxers which are sometimes markedly different from the ratings in the official pool.

Although the search engine here is a little quirkly, it can generally lead you to a boxer who hasn't been included in the pool but instead is rated by a forum member.

And it's very important that you don't view what you find in the Mods to be a "homebrew", inferior rating. The official ratings in the data base are really the result of efforts, singular and collective, made by members of this forum, many of whom have individually posted their own ratings in the Mods through the years. We really don't have a ratings guru or god with TBCB!
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #467
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by professordp View Post
I'm not 100% certain as to what you're asking, but if it is whether or not fighters rated by the forum members in the Mods section are automatically added to the official data pool, the answer would be no.

I'm not exactly certain as to what criterion are used as far as which fighters are included and which are excluded when the official pool is updated. For five years, I've been asking why the original Battling Torres (late 50s/early 60s) isn't in the official pool while many a lesser boxer is so honored...but he's rated in the Mods section, so if someone wants him, he's there!

The best approach for you is what PWillis has suggested...but remember it's TBCB Mods thread where you'll find boxers who aren't in the official data pool.

Also, you'll see that the Mods thread will contain revised or alternative ratings of specific boxers which are sometimes markedly different from the ratings in the official pool.

Although the search engine here is a little quirkly, it can generally lead you to a boxer who hasn't been included in the pool but instead is rated by a forum member.

And it's very important that you don't view what you find in the Mods to be a "homebrew", inferior rating. The official ratings in the data base are really the result of efforts, singular and collective, made by members of this forum, many of whom have individually posted their own ratings in the Mods through the years. We really don't have a ratings guru or god with TBCB!
A lot of older fighters that it looks like were rated in the earlier game have fallen by the wayside. I went through the Rings year end ratings and searched for any fighters that weren't rated. I got quite a few of them, but many were deleted and sent to the cornerwork site that no longer exists. I'd be happy to post some of my ratings, but I don't test them and I'm unsure how to zip them.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #468
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWillisTheMan View Post
A lot of older fighters that it looks like were rated in the earlier game have fallen by the wayside. I went through the Rings year end ratings and searched for any fighters that weren't rated. I got quite a few of them, but many were deleted and sent to the cornerwork site that no longer exists. I'd be happy to post some of my ratings, but I don't test them and I'm unsure how to zip them.
Yeah, that was a great source. You had a lot of ratings in a nice, central location. But as you point out they were done a number of years ago. And I get the impression that many of them (certainly not all) were ultimately pulled into the data pool over the years.

There have been a number of interesting threads for ratings since then that have appeared in the Mods. A guy like our new friend Roco would be well-served combing through them...particularly the Day Council Ratings which incorporate some rather innovative ideas about rating fighters for TBCB.

But around here, I guess the most accurate way to put it would be, "If it ain't in the data pool...it's in the Mods!" Outside of the newest current boxers (and even they get rated quickly on one of the threads), you'd be pretty hard pressed to come up with a fighter who has eluded both the official data pool and the various Mods.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #469
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, that was a great source. You had a lot of ratings in a nice, central location. But as you point out they were done a number of years ago. And I get the impression that many of them (certainly not all) were ultimately pulled into the data pool over the years.

There have been a number of interesting threads for ratings since then that have appeared in the Mods. A guy like our new friend Roco would be well-served combing through them...particularly the Day Council Ratings which incorporate some rather innovative ideas about rating fighters for TBCB.

But around here, I guess the most accurate way to put it would be, "If it ain't in the data pool...it's in the Mods!" Outside of the newest current boxers (and even they get rated quickly on one of the threads), you'd be pretty hard pressed to come up with a fighter who has eluded both the official data pool and the various Mods.
Can you offer any assistance on how to post them? I have a few hundred off of this endeavor that I'd share.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #470
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can you offer any assistance on how to post them? I have a few hundred off of this endeavor that I'd share.
To be honest, I've never posted anything that large, but if you zip them and post them as an attachment, it might work...as long as the file size doesn't exceed the set maximum size (which I don't know)

Hey, guys...anybody care to step in and give PW a hand here? He's got some really valuable stuff he wants to share!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #471
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To be honest, I've never posted anything that large, but if you zip them and post them as an attachment, it might work...as long as the file size doesn't exceed the set maximum size (which I don't know)

Hey, guys...anybody care to step in and give PW a hand here? He's got some really valuable stuff he wants to share!
I just meant single fighters.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #472
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just meant single fighters.
Oh! That's easy...when you post a reply, scroll down the page and you'll see "Additional Options".

Click the "Manage Attachments" button...that will open a partial window to your left.

Click the "Browse" button and locate the file you want to attach the hit "Upload".

When you're finished uploading that file, hit the "Close this window" button.

Then just click the "Submit Reply" button as you would normally do when you post a message on the forum.

The file you've attached will appear below your post.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #473
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh! That's easy...when you post a reply, scroll down the page and you'll see "Additional Options".

Click the "Manage Attachments" button...that will open a partial window to your left.

Click the "Browse" button and locate the file you want to attach the hit "Upload".

When you're finished uploading that file, hit the "Close this window" button.

Then just click the "Submit Reply" button as you would normally do when you post a message on the forum.

The file you've attached will appear below your post.
Thank you sir.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #474
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Boxers not in the official data pool

I just wanted to offer up a point of clarification for newer members. If you're looking for boxers not in the pool or alternative ratings, you'll find them in the TBCB Mods section in a variety of threads.

Another post mentioned a particular thread, "Miscellaneous Boxers" which is, at this juncture, the most active (virtually posting every day). But it's not the only place to find boxers not included in the official pool.

Bear has been running his "Tomato Cans" thread for years; the "Ratings of the Day Council" (not active recently) contains some excellent alternative ratings of boxing greats and boxers from the 1950s/60s. Ice Tea has a journeyman thread while David Myers started up a thread for "Non-Heavyweights". And if you're looking for some obscure characters, I have my own ratings in The Spice O' Life." And there are many others, as well.

All of these threads contain excellent ratings and are worth taking a look at for those who don't find who they want in the official pool.

I just didn't want anyone new to the forum to get the wrong impression that there was just one thread in the Mods section for ratings not in the official data pool.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #475
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just wanted to offer up a point of clarification for newer members. If you're looking for boxers not in the pool or alternative ratings, you'll find them in the TBCB Mods section in a variety of threads.

Another post mentioned a particular thread, "Miscellaneous Boxers" which is, at this juncture, the most active (virtually posting every day). But it's not the only place to find boxers not included in the official pool.

Bear has been running his "Tomato Cans" thread for years; the "Ratings of the Day Council" (not active recently) contains some excellent alternative ratings of boxing greats and boxers from the 1950s/60s. Ice Tea has a journeyman thread while David Myers started up a thread for "Non-Heavyweights". And if you're looking for some obscure characters, I have my own ratings in The Spice O' Life." And there are many others, as well.

All of these threads contain excellent ratings and are worth taking a look at for those who don't find who they want in the official pool.

I just didn't want anyone new to the forum to get the wrong impression that there was just one thread in the Mods section for ratings not in the official data pool.
Yeah, I typed miscellaneous fighters because I mistakenly thought that poster had offered a request in that thread. I've gotten many rankings from Bear & a lot of DL's from threads from ages ago. Vistaman is another with a lot of good stuff.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #476
JCWeb
Hall Of Famer

Cyclone Johnny Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosti View Post
How about Cyclone Johnny Thompson : Boxer

Would be a good addition for the DB
Here's a file for this fighter that I downloaded a long time ago that I used for my Uni.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx2 Thompson_CycloneJohnny.tbdx2 (31.2 KB, 69 views)
JCWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #477
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Is that function down now?

I tried to update my data pool on both my desktop & laptop computers today & yesterday & received the following message:

Data Token Missing
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #478
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

There is something wrong with it. I can't log onto the titlebout website or the change list.
IceTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #479
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

not good

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #480
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Ice Tea, I thought it was me.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote