Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2009, 02:54 AM   #61
riafkcin
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueturf View Post
My new solo project includes a small independent league of eight teams that will play in indoor arenas or small outdoor venues. Here is the first of the stadiums that will be used in the league. .

Hey Blueturf, I kow you're a busy man and all, but did you ever finish this set of ballparks. The three you made were amazing and it got me wondering what the other 5 were. If you have them, could you post em, unless it was a scrapped project of course.
riafkcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:21 AM   #62
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Definitely my favorite one thus far!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #63
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

Blueturf
Ya said that "Baker Stadium" was part Oakland's & Detriot's parks.......where did you get the stadium packs with real stadiums in it? I've been looking for a real stadium pack for a few weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Scottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #64
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by riafkcin View Post
Hey Blueturf, I kow you're a busy man and all, but did you ever finish this set of ballparks. The three you made were amazing and it got me wondering what the other 5 were. If you have them, could you post em, unless it was a scrapped project of course.
No, I haven't finished any others. I did convert one of the existing parks to turf - there just wasn't enough light to make me think it could be grass.

I have several half finished stadiums - some of which are for the indoor baseball project. It is not dead, I have just been moving the league along with the missing stadium pics.

I will post them here when they get finished.

Last edited by blueturf; 04-03-2009 at 04:26 PM.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #65
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog View Post
Blueturf
Ya said that "Baker Stadium" was part Oakland's & Detriot's parks.......where did you get the stadium packs with real stadiums in it? I've been looking for a real stadium pack for a few weeks. Any help would be appreciated.
A while ago I found some screenshots of several stadiums (probably from MLB 2k8) but they were shots of the menu - only a part of stadium is visible.

With MLB 2k9 out on PC I may try to get some shots of each stadium that will work for OOTP. I hear the PC version in particular is horrible for game play, but if I can find it somewhere used and cheap, I may pick it up just for the stadiums.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #66
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Stafford Grounds

Here is another large stadium I have recently completed. In my world it is home to the Stafford Aces.

Dimensions are as follows:
Left Field Line 312 (wall 4 ft)
Left Field Gap 365 (wall 8 ft)
Center 410 (wall 8 ft)
Right Field Gap 375 (wall 16 ft)
Right Field Line 325 (wall 16 ft)

Last edited by blueturf; 08-30-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #67
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

blue that looks great..........you do some awesome work my man!

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Scottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #68
blueturf
All Star Reserve

I am in a rush to finish stadiums for the indoor league in my universe before OOTP X is released. Here is the latest indoor stadium:

Old 05-29-2009, 04:22 AM   #69
English_Ray
All Star Reserve

Blueturf, these are simply outstanding. Incredible stuff.
English_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #70
conception
All Star Starter

Your stadiums keep getting better and better. Every one that I see does something new and neat.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #71
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Waterfront take two

I have never really been happy with my initial version of Waterfront Park, so I have remodeled it with some inspiration from Citi Field.

I am also in the process of touching up all of my parks and may do some day/night versions when time permits. I am also changing the perspective of the field to better align with the game's default park - this way there is less need for adjustments to on field pics and ball flight for each individual park.

Last edited by blueturf; 05-01-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #72
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Awesome, as usuaul.

Does anyone know if OOTPX will use any and/or all park pictures in the ballpark folder to create fictional parks or will it only use the two defaults?
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:22 AM   #73
conception
All Star Starter

I think it always uses the defaults unless otherwise specified. While it does generate fictional ball park factors and names, it doesn't really "generate" parks in that sense.

For my last fictional league I just copied a parks.dat from an old league where I had created custom ball movements, park factors and such, but this does mismatch all of the parks.

Last edited by conception; 07-23-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:53 AM   #74
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Another Indoor Stadium

Here is another stadium that I have completed for my indoor league. I am hoping that the third patch will fix the fictional player defense decline so I can get the league going.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #75
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is another stadium that I have completed for my indoor league. I am hoping that the third patch will fix the fictional player defense decline so I can get the league going.

Nice stadium!

BTW- What is fictional player defense decline bug/issue that you speak of?
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #76
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Nice stadium!

BTW- What is fictional player defense decline bug/issue that you speak of?
It is a bug in OOTPX that surfaces when you have fictional players mixed in with a real player/imported universe. The fictional players defense declines over time and is probably something to do with recalc being turned on. The discussion started in this thread:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-not-work.html
Old 08-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #77
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

Absolutely loving this series Blueturf!
Kuttner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #78
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:

Ditto, and these are all going great in my European League because they seem to have a European architecture flair to them.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #79
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
Ditto, and these are all going great in my European League because they seem to have a European architecture flair to them.
The latest one used Reliant Stadium as a base for the framework. The newer NFL stadiums do have a little bit of the Euorpean style to them. These turned out to appear a little too large for my concept of an indoor league. I am still searching for some more images that convey a more arena type setting.

A couple of the other (outdoor) parks that are partially finished have used parts from EPL and other European stadiums - I hope to finish these soon.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #80
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:
The latest one used Reliant Stadium as a base for the framework. The newer NFL stadiums do have a little bit of the Euorpean style to them. These turned out to appear a little too large for my concept of an indoor league. I am still searching for some more images that convey a more arena type setting.

A couple of the other (outdoor) parks that are partially finished have used parts from EPL and other European stadiums - I hope to finish these soon.
I think in general football stadiums and baseball stadiums to some extent are starting to become more European in nature. For years, stadiums in America were created merely with functionality in mind, while Europe has seemed to place a higher priority on aesthetic value. Fortunately that trend really started to change in the 90's, but baseball went with the retro movement, which was nice for a while and obviously had some more modern characteristics. But unfortunately, a lot of the newer retro stadiums have really lacked the originality and character of the first set of retro stadiums. I find it a little disappointing that an entire round of baseball construction has gone by with very few teams embracing the wonders of modern architecture.

Well I had a rant there, but thank you for all the hard work you put into stadiums. I'm really looking forward to seeing your new designs.