Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #201
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Non-NFTP teams:

Brigantine Bombers: Verifiable megawhale. Probably even more of a whale than the Doubledays were. Also is in a division with another team called the Bombers with the same exact logo, go figure.

Bremen Admirals: A dolphin, certainly spent far above the NFTP limit on their team. But, not the same whale status as the Bombers.

Hamburg Seawolves: Probably not a whale, probably not even a dolphin. Probably not NFTP either, but in between the two limits. Similar to Woodinville/Renton from the last 2 weeks, I'd say. Maybe a bit more whale-type than either of those two teams, but not by much.

I'm not inclined to accuse any of these teams of specifically seeking this league out. Since the same exact 4 NFTP teams were excluded as last week, it stands to reason that there has just been some issue with the friends list/placement for those four teams, and these whales were just the ones that leaked in randomly.

Also, at the time of writing, the Brigantine Bombers are currently 0-2, being outscored 13-1 by the Fighting Chickens. Go figure.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:18 PM   #202
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I was on the original NFTP list.
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:24 PM   #203
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I haven't spent any money on any of my teams. Should I add -OL or -NFTP back to the Chippewa Grey Wolves??
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #204
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Non-NFTP teams:

Brigantine Bombers: Verifiable megawhale. Probably even more of a whale than the Doubledays were. Also is in a division with another team called the Bombers with the same exact logo, go figure.

Bremen Admirals: A dolphin, certainly spent far above the NFTP limit on their team. But, not the same whale status as the Bombers.

Hamburg Seawolves: Probably not a whale, probably not even a dolphin. Probably not NFTP either, but in between the two limits. Similar to Woodinville/Renton from the last 2 weeks, I'd say. Maybe a bit more whale-type than either of those two teams, but not by much.

I'm not inclined to accuse any of these teams of specifically seeking this league out. Since the same exact 4 NFTP teams were excluded as last week, it stands to reason that there has just been some issue with the friends list/placement for those four teams, and these whales were just the ones that leaked in randomly.

Also, at the time of writing, the Brigantine Bombers are currently 0-2, being outscored 13-1 by the Fighting Chickens. Go figure.
I'm the other "Bombers" team and as you can see, I'm not a whale, nor have I spent any money on this game. I never will either. I just don't see the point in it. This is similar to FIFA or Madden ultimate teams in that regard. I'm just hoping our division takes enough off the Brigantine Bombers to win the division. Will be tough but looking forward to it. Also, my logo for my team is the default logo from when this team was created. When I created it, i just changed the first name to "Topeka" and left the Bombers because I wasn't sure what to name my team.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #205
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I haven't spent any money on any of my teams. Should I add -OL or -NFTP back to the Chippewa Grey Wolves??
OL if you have only historic cards, otherwise NFTP.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #206
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
-OL is reserved for people who participate in "Our League", which is a fully FTP league using only historical players (no future legend, no LIVE, no Player of the Month, no 2019 all star, just historical players not from the current year). If you satisfy those conditions, you should go join OL in the OL thread on here. If you don't, just add -NFTP for now.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #207
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post
I'm the other "Bombers" team and as you can see, I'm not a whale, nor have I spent any money on this game. I never will either. I just don't see the point in it. This is similar to FIFA or Madden ultimate teams in that regard. I'm just hoping our division takes enough off the Brigantine Bombers to win the division. Will be tough but looking forward to it. Also, my logo for my team is the default logo from when this team was created. When I created it, i just changed the first name to "Topeka" and left the Bombers because I wasn't sure what to name my team.

With whales like these, the division is basically already lost. You just gotta hope you can snag a WC and get them in the playoffs.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:55 PM   #208
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
With whales like these, the division is basically already lost. You just gotta hope you can snag a WC and get them in the playoffs.
I agree with you about taking those four off the list that didn't join. They basically screwed us twice.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:15 PM   #209
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So Jeff1787, you posted yesterday that you would be in perfect next season, so I made sure all three of my teams had you on their friends list. So that might be part of it. I also made sure the new players were on all three of my teams' friend list.

By the way, my suspicion is that you are right about the four teams. Either they didn't add enough of us as friends, or didn't click to be paired with friends. I suspect that the whale from the past two seasons just happened to be paired with us by chance for two straight years.

And Maxfire, I don't think he was implying that you were a whale...just the irony of your team name and icon being the same as the team in your division that IS a whale.

Last edited by allenciox; 07-08-2019 at 02:18 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:29 PM   #210
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I'm just trying to be optimistic. Played against whales like this before so I know how it goes.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:18 AM   #211
osborneman
Minors (Single A)

My 2nd week in perfect, and I get stuck in a division with an .800 winning percentage uber-whale... I'd like to join next time a space opens up!

100% FTP, no points spent on packs (my only packs are from challenge mode or missions).

Go Giants!
osborneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:46 AM   #212
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I only made 1 friend and I got in. It was OMGPuppies, since he made the list that seemed logical.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:40 AM   #213
osborneman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I only made 1 friend and I got in. It was OMGPuppies, since he made the list that seemed logical.
Lol waaaaait a minute... YOU ARE THE UBER-WHALE I'M TALKING ABOUT!!
Attached Images

Go Giants!
osborneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #214
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

HomeOfTheBraves OL
Threnodas
Charlatan
QuantaCon OL
QuantumCondor OL
omgpuppies OL
CigarsandBeer OL
MiloWindby
omgpuppies13 OL
malormur
jeng
Threnodas18
jdb79
atabakin3
ErieGM
coachlen
sumrandomdude777
chazzycat
Oesor
Maxfire5
Charlatan5
hymanator OL
omgpuppies808 OL
allenciox OL
atabakin2 OL
bailey
Chazzycat2
argonaut
blackswan

I took out the relegated teams and added the two promoted OL teams. We have one spot open. That isn't even including the spots of the guys who haven't joined the past two weeks. Might as well leave those guys in until we find replacements.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:55 PM   #215
bailey
Hall Of Famer

My final team will be in perfect so you can stick that one in if you want. I spent $100 on packs the very first day and nothing since then, username is Aq1. I don't spend much time on it, it would be a placeholder team to keep Collingwood-like teams out.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:58 PM   #216
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Mammoth_Mayhem is a NTFP team and they look to be Perfect-bound once again. May as well include them in the list.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #217
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
My final team will be in perfect so you can stick that one in if you want. I spent $100 on packs the very first day and nothing since then, username is Aq1. I don't spend much time on it, it would be a placeholder team to keep Collingwood-like teams out.
What is the username?

Old 07-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #218
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

HomeOfTheBraves OL
Threnodas
Charlatan
QuantaCon OL
QuantumCondor OL
omgpuppies OL
CigarsandBeer OL
MiloWindby
omgpuppies13 OL
jeng
Threnodas18
jdb79
atabakin3
ErieGM
coachlen *
sumrandomdude777 *
chazzycat
Oesor
Maxfire5
Charlatan5*
hymanator OL
omgpuppies808 OL
allenciox OL
atabakin2 OL
bailey
Chazzycat2
argonaut OL
blackswan OL
Mammoth_Mayhem
Aq1

Last edited by OMGPuppies; 07-14-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:33 PM   #219
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
What is the username?
It's right in what you quoted... Aq1.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #220
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

HomeOfTheBraves OL