Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2016, 09:51 AM   #121
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
a.) schedule editor plus the ability to schedule neutral site games(OOTP doesn't have this function).

b.) larger fictional leagues

c.) more expansion teams

d.) custom playoffs

e.)move teams from one league too another/move teams to another division/conference in same league

f.) add fictional league(s) to real world NHL

g.) add real world NHL to custom world
Most important one right there. The preset playoff systems are horrible and make no sense. If you can't go full customization like OOTP at least have a number of presets readily available for every league size and type.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:14 AM   #122
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

As everthing in the game we will improve online league support in FHM 3. We want to work closely with existing leagues to work out together the biggest needs and add them firstly. But yes, we have limited resources so can't promise anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNIRISHFAN View Post
I really wish we knew whether or not the online side of this game is getting a upgrade/revamp or not. My league is clamoring to switch to "the other guy" but I've always been an OOTP guy first. We know that online, fictional, and historical are all low priority for the developers as these players are a small percentage of the people that buy the game, so I'm wondering if holding out hope for upgrades for that part of the game is false hope.

And I get it, I'm in business and understand the thought process of spending capital where it does the most good. So I don't blame the developers for not spending their capital on a part of the game that they feel is underutilized. I, however, also have a limited amount of capital and want to spend it where I get the most out of it. As the online part of FHM currently stands, I feel like my capital is under performing. I wrote that off as sunk cost plus wanting to support OOTP developments with FHM2, I'm not sure that I want to do the same thing with FHM3.

So I guess this turned into a rant and I really did not mean for that to happen. Maybe at least an acknowledgement of some of the requests that have been made for the the online version in this thread or a statement letting us know not to get our hopes up would be nice. Here's hoping.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #123
jpsyr
Bat Boy

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Not sure if this has been thought of, but would it be possible to show all the players who have played during the season on the stats page, instead of just those on the current roster. I know I can see it all by clicking some tabs at the top, but it would be nice to see the stats of anyone who has suited up during the season with an X next to those who are not currently on the roster...Just a thought
jpsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:20 PM   #124
Maaka
Bat Boy

In the box score, for players, I'd like to see shots for and against (including blocked or missed shots), as well as goals for and against, for each player (while said player were on the ice), so that we can "see" the corsi/fenwick stats for ourselves for each game.
Also, it'd be nice to see offensive and defensive faceoff stats, for both FOW and FOL it could show how many in each zone (incl. neutral).
All this info is already back there, I reckon it's just a matter of displaying it with the other stats.

Oh, and please, the ability to export box scores for each game...
Maaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #125
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaka View Post
Oh, and please, the ability to export box scores for each game...
This^
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #126
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
As everthing in the game we will improve online league support in FHM 3. We want to work closely with existing leagues to work out together the biggest needs and add them firstly. But yes, we have limited resources so can't promise anything.
Just curious if there any info will be released soon on FHM3?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #127
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Just curious if there any info will be released soon on FHM3?

Not yet, but in the not too distant future.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:56 PM   #128
itsfurness
Bat Boy

Improved Hall of Fame induction process
itsfurness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:37 AM   #129
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Better tactical options and the ability to save/load both tactics and line combinations.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:26 AM   #130
cienpelusas
Minors (Single A)

A player comparison screen, a la OOTP, so it's faster and easier to check who's who in your team and while looking for upgrades.
cienpelusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:32 AM   #131
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Not sure if this was mentioned but would love, WJC, U18, U17 tournaments for IIHF to go along with WC in the spring..
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:19 PM   #132
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

I know most of the focus isn't on historical or custom, but, I'd love to be able to have this option. Play a custom league in a historical time period with real players. For example, let's say I start a custom league in 1933, it would be cool to be able to use Joe Primeau, Eddie Shore, and Charlie Conacher, and not be stuck with random, fake players.

Also, more options in general for custom league. Don't be restricted to having to have certain amount of people on a roster. If I want a realistic custom league starting in 1912, I don't want a team to have to dress 17 players (or whatever the minimum is), I want to dress 8 or 9 players, like the norm was back then. Also, bring back the assists per goal change, that was good to play around with in the original FHM 14. Being able to change options in your league from season to season is huge as well. Like realignment, or expand by only 1 team, or more than 2 teams. Also, to stop a franchise from functioning would be cool, or to cut back teams. Eg. If I want to go from an 8 team league to a 7 team league, why not? Or, if I start out with a 6 team league that has no divisions or conferences and plays 50 games a season, and 50 years later I have 32 teams, I want to be able to have an 82 game schedule and multiple divisions and conferences. Just some thoughts
Leafs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:33 AM   #133
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Things I have noticed about the in game GUI

1) The most serious is that sometimes the game hangs i.e. stops. I can get it to start again but it is irritating.

2) A previous request that you allow a game to be stopped and returned to. It wouldn't be a big deal if my wife didn't have a habit of wanting to come in an discuss some bs when I am in the middle of a line change.

3) I appreciate what you guys were trying to do with the circles on the ice, I really do. However the number of times these are flat out wrong i.e. don't match the PBP decreases enjoyment. I think this is one time you should actually think about simplifying and just have shading for what zone the puck is in. This with team color PBP should be enough.

4) If there are multiple penalties you don't know what is going on anymore. The penalty clocks go screwy and players don't leave the box when they should.

5) Minor, the PBP sometimes "Stanley on the clearing attempt, held in by Stanley". Ugh, and yes there is no Stanley on the other team.

Last edited by bradko; 06-06-2016 at 07:46 AM.
bradko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:25 AM   #134
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradko View Post
1) The most serious is that sometimes the game hangs i.e. stops. I can get it to start again but it is irritating.
The game crashes to the desktop or does not react anymore (but does not crash)?
Old 06-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #135
bradko
Minors (Single A)

The latter, I have never had it CTD. It simply stops and then will resume after a variable amount of time. Typically no longer than about a minute. Again, I play all my games on the All Shots watch mode.

Last edited by bradko; 06-06-2016 at 12:21 PM.
bradko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #136
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

I'd love if in FHM 3 the alchemy of coaching ratings was more transparent or otherwise manageable. I'm currently at a point at which I have no head coach--but if I hire one, many of my coaching ratings actually go down, despite the fact that my assistants are the same. They even go down in areas where potential head coaches have "Excellent" ratings. None of this makes sense to me.
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #137
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephyw View Post
I'd love if in FHM 3 the alchemy of coaching ratings was more transparent or otherwise manageable. I'm currently at a point at which I have no head coach--but if I hire one, many of my coaching ratings actually go down, despite the fact that my assistants are the same. They even go down in areas where potential head coaches have "Excellent" ratings. None of this makes sense to me.
this
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #138
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephyw View Post
...one of the major things needing improvement in FHM3

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #139
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

The signing windows need just a little bit of tweaking.

I should be able to sign a prospect out of the NCAA at any time he's on my protected list, but right now it's set to be June 23rd.

It doesn't happen so much during the NCAA season, but right after their season ends, there are usually a half dozen or so free agent signings and many more prospect signings, where those kids end up joining their NHL team or it's AHL team.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #140
mso94
Major Leagues

1) More fantasy leagues (not just the main and two lower league.)
2) Same level minor league (Like the old Central hockey league and ECHL, or
like the SPHL and FHL)
3) Player cards (like the baseball game)
4) HTML out put
5) Home / Road / Third jersey options
6) A back option when creating a league.
7) Total custom options when creating a league.(Jerseys, colors, and helmets)
8) Edit schedule and create schedules
9) Expansion options that add minor league teams also.
mso94 is offline   Reply With Quote