Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #1
Cubfan2001
Major Leagues

Seeing stats while on PbP mode

Hey there, I have a weird way of playing my games, I like to watch the games in pBP mode while not making any managerial moves, I just watch them play. I also don’t like the sim to go extremely slow but I would like the opportunity to atleast be able to see the box that says whose batting with his stats and ratings to stay up long enough. I seen where it tells me where to decide how long before next batter etc but can’t find what to click on to possibly keep the batters stats up. Is there a way to keep that open during the at bat etc
Cubfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

Short answer is no.
I understand what you are saying, you see the play and then you have your slight delay at the end of the play, time to see the pop. After that, the pitcher appears on the mound going into his windup before you have a chance to see who is batting, their stats, etc.. It would be nice to have a delay there to give you a chance to see the batter info, etc. but it immediately disappears.
It would be nice to have a delay after the pitcher gets the ball on the mound before he goes into the wind up but it has not been included in the game. If you suggest it maybe it would get included.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Do you not have the lineup screen showing?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
Reed
All Star Starter

You have the team lineup screen showing batting average, home runs, RBIs, stolen bases that stays up, unless you have selected for that widget to disappear during the play.
The individual player widget with the players picture that shows the above plus ratings, career stats, Real life stats, splits, and all the other stats further down will pop up at the same time the pitcher starts his windup.. So if you want to see that information you have to see it during the play or after the play. Would be nice to have 4 seconds or so BEFORE the pitcher goes into his windup to look at those things.
It was explained to me that the adjustable delay was set at the end of the play to allow the user time to read the PBP but during this delay the widget for the batter that just hit is still showing, it would be nice to show the widget for the batter coming to bat.
This is only a problem when playing in spectator mode and watching the game without clicking for the next pitch or play.

Last edited by Reed; 07-13-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #5
Cubfan2001
Major Leagues

Nope the widget with the lineups batting averages and HRs and SBs also disappears so I must have that widget off, which widget turns it back on?
Old 07-13-2019, 05:40 PM   #6
Reed
All Star Starter

On the game screen, top right corner, there is a tab for view. Click that and there should be an option to hide widgets during game play. Check that.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #7
Cubfan2001
Major Leagues

That’s actually exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone!